Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why is this game so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

This is my first lucky pal. I love his big dumb doofy face

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I love your character! Majestic.

Its great because my brother and I both made the exact same character

Also I have finally unlocked flying

Now the world is my oyster

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is the three shot bow better than the crossbow?

I believe the three shot is 120 damage if all 3 shots hit. The crossbow does 280 in one shot.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a way for me to set up a work station to be "If you get resources for this, create it"? I can make a second base and I want to set it up near an area with a bunch of respawning ore nodes, it'd be a pain in the rear end having to go over every now and then to collect the ingots and set another craft order for the max amount possible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
With traits that can buff elements that aren't the pal's element and skill fruits teaching any other skills, do you think this game has the Same Type Attack Bonus that pokemon has? Or would a sparkfox with blood of the dragon have stronger dragon moves than an actual dragon pal?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Flying pals can hover over water at no stamina cost. I wonder if thats intentional

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I feel the higher rank spheres are pretty much a necessity. Like the difference between sub 10% capture rate and hitting 40% going up one tier

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So far the jankiest issue for me is base pals getting stuck on top of the logging building. Even flying ones somehow get stuck.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Set up a second base near where a handful of ore nodes spawn. They don't work quick but its steady.

Attack on Princess posted:

Follow up on breeding. Star ranks aren't inherited from parents.

1 star lucky Lamball and 1 star Cattiva resulted in a common egg with a 0 star lucky Lamball that inherited one skill and one passive.

Appreciate you experimenting, I haven't touched that part yet cause I want to see how that all works before putting time in it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The render ranges are pretty wild. When its dark you can perch up somewhere high and see all the fast travel points and effigies off in the distance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Anyone got some prostrats for gathering a bunch of leather? Its the one thing I am nearly always out of

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:sickos:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat seed mine is an absolutely brutal move. The large seed itself can do a lot of damage, as it explodes into smaller seeds they also do damage if they hit anything as they land, then after all that they then explode.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Det_no posted:

that one Naughty Dog dev tweeting about how the Palworld devs "must have cheated somehow".

Lmao good loving lord. Why is this game breaking so many brains

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Det_no posted:

Looks like we both got it right.

Oh my loving god

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Teleported to my mining base just to see one of the lifmunks I had there come crashing down from the sky and taking over 3k damage

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I can't speak for all Fromsoft fans but I personally welcome and encourage more devs to competently rip them off.

edit - in fact I'm going to go a step further and DARE them to.

Its not who did it first

Its who did it better

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OgNar posted:

Up to 6mil sales now.

And third highest all time peak on steam now. If it can manage another 230k it'll be the second highest

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game has now passed counter strike 2 in peak concurrent players. In 4 days it managed to hit the second highest peak in steam history.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I stepped away to take a leak and came back to this

:negative:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
They mean they're going to look at the gameplay and copy it for their next game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its like in Tropico where you COULD be a dictator and neglect your citizens but its simply easier to provide them their needs and have everyone happy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Palworld, but with pokemon

*Nintendo's ninjas start gearing up*

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ooooh THATS why its called Palworld!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its so easy to put models in this someone put actual pokemon in the game :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if the increased drop skills drop even more if you were to rank up a pal with the condensation machine

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wasn't sure if it was a case of the scaling for higher leveled monsters being out of wack or a bug, all I know is its probably faster to breed missing pals than it is to craft spheres and failing every throw.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When I saw that pal souls were a thing I was fully expecting some sort of ritual sacrifice building to let you get more souls.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Surely just copying pokemon and using an AI to do everything should make it quick to create pals :thunk:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

deer don't fly

you are looking for a bird

Oh yeah? Then how does Santa's sleigh fly smart guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

FROG FROG FROG

First they stole from pokemon and now chrono trigger? SMH