Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a person who will play in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Also I have information that it is MARCH and somebody has not yet taken down their Xmas lights!

Get on with it man.

I set up rgb LED strips under my eaves, they are invisible when they are off, and I can change the colors depending on the holiday without ever taking them down. It has been great for the 2 years they have been up.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I love my flamethrower.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It is by no means used often, but it is fun.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh boy I hope Maerlyn isn't a flavor hunter

Because you know she isn't scum?

##vote TM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I can’t believe everyone I knew ten years ago has kids now. Oldies

Babycap is 12 next weekend!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Oh I'm legit still suspicious of Maer, I just can't think of the last time I didn't see Keats cop claim so it feels better to me

I am suspicious of Maer, which is why I am suspicious of TM.
Reasonable people are sus on Maer today. But TM jumped to a 3p accusation. He knows Maer isn't on the scum team, so the only reason she has to be playing like that is 3p (in TM's mind).

Vote Tired for great justice!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Maer/Grandi scum team.

That would be a good scum team that I would be happy to be a member of.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I had a dream that yuming is scum this game, I'm trying to decide if my unconsious brain put something together or if it was just a dream.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

Glad to hear Moritz is town.

Always ##vote Cube

yuming posted:

##vote Opop

Obvious scum.

Two vaguely game related posts. It's arguable in the first one, because it isn't really a town call, it's a response to TM saying they are town. And the second is the lowest of low hanging fruit. The lack of interaction in general feels off for town yuming as well. Even in the non-game related things, it feels stilted.
Am I giving my sleep brains too much benefit of the doubt?
Maybe, but I'm voting there so I can declare myself a prophet of the kitchen1 if I am right.

##vote yuming

1Prophet of the Kitchen is not indicative of a role based claim

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

:qq: my phone at my reply.

This is like a weirdly chill D1 so it is hard to get actual reads about when we’re just talking about melon ballers.

The Cube vote was wholly a joke and I think it’s clear Grandi is working backwards here.

re: Opop that was me taking a shot in the dark to try and get a reaction or something. I had a vague sense that Opop could fit as scum here since he was happy to continue kitchen banter and not much else. However that’s not exactly unusual from what I remember of his play.

Grandi I’m not sure yet. What do you think of my response Grandi :sun:

You are right, I am working backwards. I definitely wouldn't be pursuing you over it if it wasn't for the dream. First because I enjoy playing with you, so it wouldn't be worth it to go for on a whim, and second because I don't like low content targets d1 because of the lack of info it gives. But for today I am more willing to give credit to dream me because being a dream prophet would be hella cool.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

But like let’s talk about Grandi making this into a serious vote.

Does anyone else think this is a serious vote? Cmon Grandi.

No. Even I don't think it was a serious vote. I was saying it was 1 of 2 game related posts you made, and it was only barely a game related post because it was psuedo-joke post stuff.

Did I phrase it poorly?

Grandicap posted:

Two vaguely game related posts. It's arguable in the first one, because it isn't really a town call, it's a response to TM saying they are town. And the second is the lowest of low hanging fruit. The lack of interaction in general feels off for town yuming as well. Even in the non-game related things, it feels stilted.
Am I giving my sleep brains too much benefit of the doubt?
Maybe, but I'm voting there so I can declare myself a prophet of the kitchen1 if I am right.

##vote yuming

1Prophet of the Kitchen is not indicative of a role based claim

No, I don't think so, I said the first one was arguably game related, because it isn't really a town call.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

Gotta agree the afqm vote is a big nothingburger especially since they just started posting

I have a minor town read on yuming but anyone else who voted them or indicated they would is going in the Sus Dumpster

sharkmafia posted:

also i think its very funny that grandi is voting yuming based on something he saw in a dream so i'm on board ##vote yuming

:thunk:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sorry shark, into the Sus DumpsterTM.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

Or did you think it meant yuming in that second paragraph? I meant afqm

Oh, yeah, I misread it then.

I guess you can climb out of the Sus DumpsterTM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I just really like Sus DumpsterTM as a new mafia term.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

Is Zoya playing? No? Guess I'll say it, then.

Scum dumpster.

And as immediately as it began, it is no longer my new favorite mafia term.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am less suspicious of yuming in her recent interactions, but I want dream me to be right so badly.

I am torn.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

I’m inclined to agree on cube, this is very coast-y day 1 behavior. I still think grandi has made the scummiest day 1 post I’ve ever seen so I would really like to vote there.

I'm honored...

Which one?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

I really am not a fan of the nominal case on Maer at all; my meta read on their play is town and they are an easy target. I'd buy RwC in particular as scum joining momentum early. I'm ambivalent about opop at best, especially given that

this grandi post alongside their described voting pattern is the scummiest thing to happen today.

Wasn't I already voting TM at that point?

Grandicap posted:

Because you know she isn't scum?

##vote TM

Yes I was. I was trying to get additional votes on TM becuase I thought it was where scum was. It was a surface level read that he was 3p hunting. He saw odd behavior in Maer, and instead of attributing it to scum, he attribited it to 3p. I though (and think) that it was worth a vote. I was elaborating on why TM was scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: wins32767 was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 1

wins32767 (8): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, CubicalSucrose, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Tired Moritz, Dans Macabre, shwinnebego, yuming, fool of sound, Rhymes With Clue
Maerlyn (2): Opopanax, wins32767, Opopanax, wins32767, Opopanax, wins32767, Rhymes With Clue, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Rhymes With Clue
Opopanax (1): yuming, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, yuming, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, sharkmafia, Johnny Keats, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, shwinnebego
sharkmafia (1): yuming, Sandwolf, yuming
yuming (1): Grandicap, CubicalSucrose, sharkmafia, shwinnebego, sharkmafia, shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (1): Grandicap, Maerlyn, Grandicap
CubicalSucrose (0): yuming, Rhymes With Clue, yuming, Rhymes With Clue, yuming, yuming
Grandicap (0): fool of sound, yuming, Dans Macabre, Dans Macabre, yuming, fool of sound
shwinnebego (0): Dans Macabre, wins32767, wins32767, Dans Macabre
Johnny Keats (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
AFancyQuestionMark (0): yuming, yuming
Dans Macabre (0): shwinnebego, Tired Moritz, shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Tired Moritz
Rhymes With Clue (0): shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, shwinnebego
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (1): AFancyQuestionMark

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 09th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 minutes.

First vote on wins happened via shark at 7:47. An hour 10 before deadline. Shark had voted here a bit earlier, along with Cube, and Keats at various points, but at this point, he was first on board.
Nothing happens until Cube, then TM, then Dans, then shwinn vote him between 8:27 and 8:33, taking this from a single vote to 5. And it doesn't slow. Yuming and fool vote at 8:35 & 8:36, and RWC hammers at 8:36.
It goes from 1 vote to 8 votes in 9 minutes. It was such a groundswell for literally no case from any of the voters.
Shark's earlier post is

sharkmafia posted:

i could vote wins, he's currently doing his best impression of a potted plant after dropping a vote on maer, who i don't think is particularly scummy.

i'd prefer to kill the guy what i'm voting though
Which is the closest thing to a case.
Everything else is an empty vote.

So, was this scum trying to derail an execution on someone else? I don't see it there because Maer ended with 2 votes, RWC and Cube hopped off of her to go to wins.
Opop ended with 1, but was derailed by the failed vig... was this the hopeful scumsecution and they had to scramble when the vig blew the wind the other way.
If Maer was scum, there had been talk about her all day in some aspect or another, when wins gained traction did they just hop on to save her? If so, why wasn't Maer on the train too? And Cube and RWC hopped off of her too, and those are 2 names that I would throw in the vaguely scumbucket.

The whole way the execution went down is confusing to me. I'm looking for a pattern but am not seeing it.
I refuse to believe that scum wasn't involved, but I can't see them as a driver, that kind of groundswell can only happen by accident. I can see a scum or 2 getting caught up in it, but I don't feel like it was engineered. Especially since there is not really a clear picture of who they were trying to save.
I think shark's vote looks the best. I think RWC looks the worst, but she voted at the same time as Fool, so she might not have known it was going to be hammer, and burrito problems.
I was hoping this analysis was going to provide clarity, but it didn't.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

Scum suspects:

Opop: I just think the not knowing why he lived sounds BS and the vote on keats looks bad to me. In fact ##vote Opop

Fancy: is making zero effort to find scum. This is my 3rd game with them and the lack of posting is reading like not knowing how to engage.

Grandi: I appreciate the dream case and that he has limited time to play, but his play fits as scum. Could be.

I would vote RWC for the weird hammer but not sure about her overall.

I think my limited time to play is ending. I should be able to engage more this week. :sun:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

I could see voting for Opop or Sand, both give me light scum pings (Sand is lurking, Opop feels kinda disengaged vaguely.... It's hard to define)

I'm not opposed to a Fancy vote but I feel like that's less likely to result in scum, the last game I played in Fancy got booted D1 because of just their behavior/lurking and were town

Maerlyn posted:

Grandi is town, I feel like I've got a good read on him in this game
Cube and dans - lean town

Yuming - null, rereading her and Opop tomorrow to see if that changes my read of them
Null on fool and shark too atm

Really disliking these posts.
Not just because I don't see me playing a strong town game, so anyone who has this strong of a town read on me has to be faking it.
I mean, my vote count analysis came to no solid conslusions.
But also because the scum calls here are both light and surface level, with a side of hedge.
Her d1 was tonally weird too.

##vote Maer

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

https://imgur.com/a/hiVczR6

Imgur sucks now this is all I can do

Second SimCity reference I've seen today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

Grandi what are your thoughts on TM?

My scum read has lost it's edge over the end of D1 into D2. Wouldn't be angry with a TMor vote, but it isn't in my sights now.

I think my preferred vote order is Maer -> Fool ------> Clue ----------------------------------------------> yuming for the dream

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm currently trying to see if Cube feels townie for the effort, or scummy for only coming to almost 0 negative conclusions, the lack of negative conclusions is odd, it feels like busy work. And all of the quotes being inline makes it both easier to read and easier to glaze over.
I'm trying to pierce the veil if the effort is a smoke screen or actual incisive scum hunting.

Summarized:
Dans scummy pending Opop
Fool lean town
Grandi null/town
Keats lean town
Maer seems townie? (is this stronger or weaker than a lean? how much value in that question mark?)
Opop null read with a pressure vote
RWC null/town
Sandwolf null (bump in keats townieness, but keats was already a town lean)
shark hedgy town lean
TMor town lean
yuming probably townie (tired of the deep dive here so just gives a summary. I think that's a pro town cube move. He's doing it for value not appearances, so when he thought it stopped adding value, he didn't do the deep quote pull)

Summarizing the summary, only light scum call is on Dans. Gives himself an out on that only scum call. Only votes Opop as a pressure vote on a player he has a null read on over the BP thing.

On many players I would move this to full on smokescreen behavior, but this is Cube. I think cube would do this as town. But would he also do this as scum? I think also yes. The giving up the act on the yuming case is what is pulling me back to townCube thinking. Why give up the routine if it is purely performative right at the home stretch? So it must be more than performative.
So why are Cube's reads so lukewarm?

Not voting here is my conclusion but there is some questionable activity occurring.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

You're a trash can?

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Opop is not a utensil, perhaps?

I don't know what that means though.

This is RWC's response to the attempted and failed vig. I'd think if RWC had a town based killing role in a small game that is advertised as not complex with lots of opportunity to be vanilla, she'd dig in on another town killing role claim.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Right, and if Dans turns out to be scum I will feel like an idiot, probably. But like I always say, you get used to feeling like an idiot.

But please tell me what you find so scummy about him. The attempted dayvig? Tone?

Later there is a defense of Dans too. There is no suspicion even though RWC would like us to believe they have if not the same role, adjacent roles.

Like, this isn't the behavior of a town killing role seeing another town killing role in a game like this. No curiousity, no digging to see if there was chance for overlap, acceptence that Dans is a day vig, a bit of confusion on why it failed.

##vote RWC

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Pretty sure scum is in Opop, Maer, FOS, possibly Sandwolf.

I sure wish I had been tracked instead of gunsmithed, that would show you! Well, except given the redirection I probaby would have been tracked to Yuming. Hmpf.

Wait, why are you assuming you killed yuming?
There wasn't a second kill.
Either scum killed yuming and you failed on Opop.
Or scum kill failed and you got redirected.
Or, and this is the most likely, you are scum and killed yuming.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Did you breadcrumb a killing role at all?
I looked at your history and didn't see one.
And again, I highlighted your reactions to the "other" vig that seem suspect.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

If RwC flips town, we turbo Oppo and Dans. Monkey easy.

No, we have a discussion and determine that it's probably the right call to kill Dans if RWC flips town vig. But no turbo.

And why kill Opop? He's guilty of not dying. How is that scummy?
What does lying about being BP or unkillable or whatever benefit after being the target of a public vig? I am rustled by this post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

He literally claimed to have no reason to still be alive from Dan and now he is still alive from possible town!RWC

Come on

How is that scum indicative?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

There are valid reasons for Opop being scum.
I do not believe not dying and not knowing why is one of them.

Lying about BP makes no sense, it is a reasonably town role, and he got publically shot. Claiming to not know why is a way riskier thing to do than fessing up. Especially since there is limited gain. That knowledge gap has made him a target since. It isn't scum behavior.

Make a case that doesn't involve that and I'll listen.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It also depends on the mod. But hitting a BP or a doc might still give a success message to the killer.
Only saying your action failed if you were blocked or something.

But we also have a second vig claim, on a night with 1 kill, and a positive gunsmith result.

Everything else is secondary.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Oppo could just be a self redirector as well

That wouldn't explain the failed Dans vig.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Rhymes With Clue: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 3

Rhymes With Clue (6): sharkmafia, Sandwolf, Grandicap, Opopanax, Dans Macabre, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (1): Rhymes With Clue

Not Voting (4): fool of sound, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 15th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

I am trying to look back and see who is most suspicious of RWC flipping town.
Scum would know RWC wasn't scum. There was only 1 kill N1 and 1 kill N2, so they wouldn't immediately jump to SK. They would wonder if shark got a false positive somehow, so they wouldn't want to tie their wagon too closely to a vote here, so either one of the non-voters or one of the lukewarm RWC voters is where I'm focusing.

The one from that group I am clearing is TM. The lound unabashed Opop lying stuff is, I feel is wrong and a distraction, but also feels like it comes from the heart. That is misguided townie mindset 100%.
So I think the pool I am looking at is Fool, Keats and Maer. With a side of Cube, who expressed willingness to vote immediately, and also hammered early, feels a bit skittish.

But I think the scummiest of that crew is Keats.

Johnny Keats posted:

Do you think flipping RWC as a town vig will confirm Opop as scum? If so I'm down to check

No vote on RWC. Automatically, subconsiously assuming she is going to flip town vig. Trying to leverage it into an Opop vote. Unprompted RB claim. It's all there.

##vote Keats

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will vote for Maer, fool or Keats today.
I think that's the end of the list for me.
I can concieve scum of in TM or Cube, but they are so far down the list that I wouldn't consider them as on the table until those 3 are either cleared or off the table.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

I think it's suspicious that grandi is making that statement when town is so far behind. That's not a town mindset. I'll vote grandi if people can't be convinced to test shark's claim, but I really think we NEED to test shark's claim.

Shark's claim is verified. It caught someone with a killing action.
The question is whether shark is a scum gunsmith or a town gunsmith. I am willing to bet that he is a town gunsmith and I would stake the game on it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I would put a sizable sum of real dollars that Dans is a vig.
We have a gunsmith. Town vig is an excellent counter to put in vs a gunsmith.
The action was ##throw out. This is an excellent and flavorful action to represent a vig in a kitchen game.

In a low power game, this is excellent game design if it is
Scum RB
Scum Ninja (Optional could be goon)
Scum Godfather vs Gunsmiths (Optional could be goon)
SK
Town Tracker
Town Gunsmith
Town Vig (Faulty? Maybe just as a miller vs the gunsmith)
Town protective role (Maybe)
7x or 8x VT

So, everything from my POV comes from Dans being a town vig. It just makes sense.

So, Opop could be a scum BP maybe. But why wouldn't a scum BP claim the power. By not claiming it, he has opened himself up to exactly this. It is an alignment neutral claim, by not claiming it he has been on the block or at least a large point of discussion every day.

I would put a much smaller amount of real dollars, but still an amount of real dollars that Opop is town here too. The behavior doesn't make sense to lie about the BP.

TM, I think you are fixated on this thing that isn't a thing. Scum are going to be happy to rile you up and throw up a smokescreen for everything else.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

What is you theory of day 1 that involved both dans and opop being town? Anyone, please.

Dans is a town vig (faulty) and is essentially there only as a miller for the gunsmith to get tripped up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fool of sound posted:

Shark continuing to reiterate posts and arguments they already made instead of answering the big question about dans and opop.

No?

Ok, SK is a really difficult win condition. Giving scum a gunsmith here really shits on the SK. The only value to having it for scum is SK hunting. If you want to shelter scum from SK shots, give them some sort of protection. But that isn't helpful becuase the SK flipped with a jugg power.
Since Shark found the SK, they are a gunsmith.
Since giving a gunsmith to scum is bad design vs a SK who's only bonus power is to waste a night action to become unstoppable with a BP add on for taht night, that makes shark town.
If shark is town, then Opop has an investigation clearing them.
Opop could be godfather vs gunsmith I guess, but it isn't my first loving choice. It isn't my 4th loving choice.