Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Has there ever been a set-up where opposing wrestlers come out of opposite sides of the arena? I imagine it's more work than usual, and you'd need another screen for video, but I was thinking I'd like to see something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Quasipox posted:

Has there ever been a set-up where opposing wrestlers come out of opposite sides of the arena? I imagine it's more work than usual, and you'd need another screen for video, but I was thinking I'd like to see something like that.

TNA did this for a while.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Maybe my mind's playing tricks on me, but I think I've seen that done in Japan.

And Saturday Night Slam Masters, of course.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Quasipox posted:

in Mid South, heels and faces came out of different locker rooms. Which sums Mid-South up really :effort:

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010
Wasn't it the inVasion PPV where the WWF came out of the right side and WCW/ECW the left?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Quasipox posted:

TNA, actually. For a short while they had both two entrance ramps on either side AND dual tunnels for Heels/faces.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Alright so I've seen a few Japanese wrestling matches that either are comedy matches or serious ones where after a few fast pace moves or some other spots every one in the match, including the ref; spin, hop in the air, and act surprised or ashamed. Basically what is the origin of that comedy spot/what is it supposed to signal, as it sounded like it started in Michinoku Pro from the commentary on this one Chikara match involving Dick Togo, Jinsei Shinzaki, and Great Sasuke.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

KungFu Grip posted:

Alright so I've seen a few Japanese wrestling matches that either are comedy matches or serious ones where after a few fast pace moves or some other spots every one in the match, including the ref; spin, hop in the air, and act surprised or ashamed. Basically what is the origin of that comedy spot/what is it supposed to signal, as it sounded like it started in Michinoku Pro from the commentary on this one Chikara match involving Dick Togo, Jinsei Shinzaki, and Great Sasuke.
I've seen it in lucha matches, especially those with La Parka.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perigryn posted:

I've seen it in lucha matches, especially those with La Parka.

I THINK it's to get the crowd back into the flow of things.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Some time ago someone posted a video of highlights/compilation of a mexican wrestler who did this dangerous running suicide dive but he threw himself with his back and back of the head so he never faced them. Who was it and does anyone have the YouTube link?

What ever happend to WWE's old head of security Jim Dotson? He had a really brief beef with Steve Blackman but then he vanished.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

MisterGBH posted:

Some time ago someone posted a video of highlights/compilation of a mexican wrestler who did this dangerous running suicide dive but he threw himself with his back and back of the head so he never faced them. Who was it and does anyone have the YouTube link?
Sounds like Aerostar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM488qXX2U0&t=52s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

CVagts posted:

There was a hideous "the powerbomb is banned!" storyline with Kevin Nash in WCW, which ended up being "the powerbomb is banned...for Kevin Nash...when we feel like addressing it...ah, do whatever you want."
Didn't they do the same thing to Savage's elbow? The move, I mean. They didn't surgically remove his elbow.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Thanks! This is it. Jeez his neck...

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Why did every WCW performer, whether the move was in their arsenal or not, always attempt to powerbomb Kidman?

this belongs in the Rhetorical Wrestling Questions thread, but this conversation came up between friends last night and the memory was cracking me up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nasboat posted:

Why did every WCW performer, whether the move was in their arsenal or not, always attempt to powerbomb Kidman?

this belongs in the Rhetorical Wrestling Questions thread, but this conversation came up between friends last night and the memory was cracking me up.

Since it was a set up move that usually lead to his sloppy Shooting Star Press. Why do people remain in the second rope before Reys 619?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

And why didn't people just leave the ring when Hogan hulked up? They knew they couldn't hurt him!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

nasboat posted:

They wanted to be the one guy to finally pull it off and powerbomb that wily fucker.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Again, that's why I said rhetorical, the actual obvious answer wasn't needed. I just thought people might like to laugh at the memory of guys attempting power bombs when they normally never did (I think even Hogan tried it).

:)

FishBulb's answer is the best

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

nasboat posted:

A less notorious example, but EVERYONE suddenly did German Suplexes when they wrestled RVD. He did a crazy sell of it and I guess he just always wanted to cram it into his matches, whether his opponent normally did a German Suplex or not.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nasboat posted:

Again, that's why I said rhetorical, the actual obvious answer wasn't needed. I just thought people might like to laugh at the memory of guys attempting power bombs when they normally never did (I think even Hogan tried it).

:)

FishBulb's answer is the best

That was Hogan giving Kidman a rub, brother

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The weird thing is Kidman actually took a lot of powerbombs. He just reversed a lot of them, too.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
What are some moves like the C4 where the guy "taking" the move is actually the one doing it?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well, the reverse STO, for one.

(It is one of the funniest things in wrestling to me that a simple osotogari throw is called the "Space Tornado Ogawa.")

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Canadian Destroyer.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
That crappy looking catapult thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Zack_Gochuck posted:

That crappy looking catapult thing.

Oh, yeah, the throw into the corner thing that literally never connects properly because they're always either too close or too far from the turnbuckle.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

jscolon2.0 posted:

What are some moves like the C4 where the guy "taking" the move is actually the one doing it?
In my last post I interpreted this as "the guy doing the move is actually the one taking the bump."

So to actually answer your question: Any frankensteiner move.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

The entirety of Yoshihiko's moveset.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

Someone asked a few pages ago! It's a spot to get the crowd back into a match after either a botch, blown spot, or the crowd is just dead in general. The last person to do the spin is laughed at and ridiculed (This includes the referee)

Unless the last person is Minami Toyota, in which case it's promptly ignored.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Have the old TLC matches between Edge & Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys kept their reputation over the years?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Have the old TLC matches between Edge & Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys kept their reputation over the years?
They're still great but when you start thinking about what they've done to Edge's neck...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well, they're still widely regarded as some of the best tag team matches. And some of the best TLC matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Not quite the same, but the Hardy Boys vs Dudleys Table match from the 2000 Rumble is still a fun match.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

nasboat posted:

This belongs in the Rhetorical Wrestling Questions thread, but this conversation came up between friends last night and the memory was cracking me up.
I just checked all eight pages for the Rhetorical Wrestling Questions thread :mad:

"Why did 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan use a 2x4?"

"Could Hulk Hogan's memory craft an Andre the Giant so heavy he could not bodyslam it?"

"If a pinfall in the woods, and there is no referee around to count it, can the title change hands?"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

"What came first? Jake Roberts' nickname, or Damien?"

Bumble Bee
Dec 21, 2005

by Lowtax
For people that can speak Spanish and watch wrestling.

Are the Spanish announce team still shocked and dismayed when their table gets destroyed, or are do they take a "ugh, not again" sort of approach to it after all these years?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
In Mexico, do they slam people through the English announce table?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

In Mexico, do they slam people through the English announce table?

It's brought up but Kevin Dunn Cries "REVERSE RACISM" until all good ideas are driven from the room.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

VogeGandire posted:

"What came first? Jake Roberts' nickname, or Damien?"

Thats surely not a rhetorical question; it was the nickname because his limbs were so long. I dont know if he started carrying an actual snake off his own back, or if that was a "Ricky the dragon is a literal firebreathing dragon" McMahon invention, but it worked so fair enough. I was always just glad McMahon latched onto the dragon part instead of trying to make him some sort of steamboat-willy type character.

Quarex posted:

I just checked all eight pages for the Rhetorical Wrestling Questions thread :mad:

"Why did 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan use a 2x4?"

gently caress, why the hell DID he use a 2x4? Its never occured to me to wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SiKboy posted:

gently caress, why the hell DID he use a 2x4? Its never occured to me to wonder.

According to Google, he was inspired by the 1973 film Walking Tall, where the sheriff would use a four-foot club to wreck crime.