Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Toffile posted:

Dear God: Please make this fail.

Ages 18, 18, and 19. We swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

Ages 18, 18, and 19. We swear.

They're businesswomen. Positive role models for today's active young girl.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

No gently caress-pillow? Nuts to that.

Yeah if the rewards offered gently caress-pillows and $10,000 tiers for adding your own self-insert character the game would probably easily make it. It worked for that dumb gender change game!

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Among the Sleep removed that cringeworthy quote from Jim Sterling about foreskin, and replaced it with a quote from Peter Molydeux, :lol:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

That's some lazy art, the right and left one look exactly the same and the middle one is just scaled up a few percent.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Davincie posted:

That's some lazy art, the right and left one look exactly the same and the middle one is just scaled up a few percent.

No, you see their hair differs. They don't have the same number and pattern of spikes over their forehead. However this is something I would not expect a plebe like you to notice. Only the trained eye of a discerning cleaning service enthusiast gentlesir would catch that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Davincie posted:

Well they've certainly made a very strong argument that without funding, their game will be horrible. Hopefully that 250k is enough money to fill out their dev team, and then replace all the current members and start from scratch.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

XboxPants posted:

Well they've certainly made a very strong argument that without funding, their game will be horrible. Hopefully that 250k is enough money to fill out their dev team, and then replace all the current members and start from scratch.

On a different game.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Falcon2001 posted:

On a different game.

Well, I was assuming that nobody except the people currently running the project would ever choose to make a game like that... but I guess that's a big assumption. :(

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Falcon2001 posted:

On a different game.

Preferably something a little less child molest-y.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Toffile posted:

So apparently it's just your average lame facebook mobile sim game thing for old ladies, but with animes because :confused: I don't see how those audiences intersect, if anything it just makes the whole thing much creepier.

Edit:

Apparently she is the intersection:

With such an original portfolio too.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 28, 2013

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

XboxPants posted:

I was under the impression that the promotional images are the thing you wanted to put significant effort into, being the first thing a lot of people would see and thus base their impressions/expectations of your project off of. So deliberately half-assing it works heavily against you in that regard. The proof of concept videos can have terrible graphics/non-existent audio/whatever as long as they convey the concept well.

Maybe that artist is just loving lazy. You know the type, the people who feel improving is too much effort, who find it hard to 'get motivated' to draw, getting into that mindset where they think a doodle or two a week is a good rate to go by, copypasting the same dumb poo poo over and over and dressing it up in filters? This guy didn't even try to hide his regurgitation. It literally looks like something you could swipe from DeviantART. Like, that loving tentacle trading card game, at least the artist/s put SOME effort into their work there? This is just "ah loving, whatever, copy that dress three times, no-one will notice right?".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

StevenM posted:

I was under the impression that the promotional images are the thing you wanted to put significant effort into, being the first thing a lot of people would see and thus base their impressions/expectations of your project off of. So deliberately half-assing it works heavily against you in that regard. The proof of concept videos can have terrible graphics/non-existent audio/whatever as long as they convey the concept well.

Maybe that artist is just loving lazy. You know the type, the people who feel improving is too much effort, who find it hard to 'get motivated' to draw, getting into that mindset where they think a doodle or two a week is a good rate to go by, copypasting the same dumb poo poo over and over and dressing it up in filters? This guy didn't even try to hide his regurgitation. It literally looks like something you could swipe from DeviantART. Like, that loving tentacle trading card game, at least the artist/s put SOME effort into their work there? This is just "ah loving, whatever, copy that dress three times, no-one will notice right?".
The extreme sameness of the character designs makes me think he found one of those "MAKE YOUR OWN ANIME" generators where he just picked a maid outfit and hairstyles and poo poo off a list rather than doing any actual art.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
The best part is that they're asking for $250k. Yeah, good luck with that one guys. :v:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Do most Kickstarters give this many updates? Because holy poo poo. That's not even all of the ones from today, just most of them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Droid Washington posted:

Do most Kickstarters give this many updates? Because holy poo poo. That's not even all of the ones from today, just most of them.

Not really, but it looks like one of the guys running it in spent a few hours answering contributor questions and then broke it up into 10 chunks.

Kind of overkill, but I can't hate the sentiment.

XboxPants posted:

It will be perfect for the OUYA, now that you remind me.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Maybe because they almost made it, they'll be able to cram in weather effects and moon phases. Those seem more interesting to me anyway.

E: Oh, well if it's in with Paypal then whatever! :woop:
Yeah, I think the scheduling has potential to cause headaches (see any Harvest Moon game), but the weather system sounds interesting to me because the combat they showed was highly elemental. Come on Druid skills!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Droid Washington posted:

I actually canceled my pledge with Divinity and I think it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to do so if they didn't annoy me with too many updates.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I actually canceled my pledge with Divinity and I think it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to do so if they didn't annoy me with too many updates.

So the updates kind of "reminded" you to cancel? What made you decide to cancel? Just curious what kind of reasons a person might cancel a pledge for.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

On the other hand, on the last day I went through an watched a bunch of the videos they'd posted in their updates and wound up buying two copies of the game in the hour. I liked to see their excitement, and the more I saw of the game the more I wanted to play it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
When I donated the kickstarter wasn't doing too well. I just decided that I had no reason to keep my pledge since they were doing so well. I'll buy the game if it turns out it is a good one. And yeah I probably wouldn't have thought about it if I wasn't being annoyed by emails all the time.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Zereth posted:

The extreme sameness of the character designs makes me think he found one of those "MAKE YOUR OWN ANIME" generators where he just picked a maid outfit and hairstyles and poo poo off a list rather than doing any actual art.

Later on they claim the artist "has done artwork for bad robot, concept art for ninja theory, as well as a large number of Japanese comics and animated shows" - I suspect I'll not have to spend time explaining why there's no way this is actually true, and not just because if it were the pair wouldn't be hiding behind Japanese pseudonyms.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Orzo posted:

Among the Sleep removed that cringeworthy quote from Jim Sterling about foreskin, and replaced it with a quote from Peter Molydeux, :lol:

Scroll down.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

When I donated the kickstarter wasn't doing too well. I just decided that I had no reason to keep my pledge since they were doing so well. I'll buy the game if it turns out it is a good one. And yeah I probably wouldn't have thought about it if I wasn't being annoyed by emails all the time.

You know Kickstarter has an option to remove entire project updates and notifications? Under [ME]->[My Account]->[Edit Settings]->[Notifications] you just select which Projects you want to receive updates from.

I feel your pain. :respek: Sometimes you just want to support something even though you don't care about it for yourself. I was very annoyed by a few projects a year ago when they became rather consistent with their updates after the projects ended. I just manned up and dealt with it, a price for supporting something, but I could see how some people might not feel the need.

It might be a newer-ish feature (like, within a year).

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Drifter posted:

You know Kickstarter has an option to remove entire project updates and notifications? Under [ME]->[My Account]->[Edit Settings]->[Notifications] you just select which Projects you want to receive updates from.

I feel your pain. :respek: Sometimes you just want to support something even though you don't care about it for yourself. I was very annoyed by a few projects a year ago when they became rather consistent with their updates after the projects ended. I just manned up and dealt with it, a price for supporting something, but I could see how some people might not feel the need.

It might be a newer-ish feature (like, within a year).
I found it easier to just set up a Gmail filter for them...

Guys I think I have a problem. :ohdear:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Apparently, there's going to be a successor to River City Ransom coming to an unnamed croundfunding site at some point this summer.

The nostalgia train chugs on.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Toffile posted:

That doesn't looked badly Photoshopped at all. Nope.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Strange Quark posted:

Reward fulfillment by Cafepress.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Strange Quark posted:

Wooooooooooooooooooow. Is this Kickstarter really not a joke? What has to be wrong with someone to do something like this?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

CottonWolf posted:

Apparently, there's going to be a successor to River City Ransom coming to an unnamed croundfunding site at some point this summer.

The nostalgia train chugs on.

Doesn't this already exist in the Scott Pilgrim game? I could have sworn there was another semi recently as well.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

At least she bothered to Photoshop them this time:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Strange Quark posted:

You're right, it doesn't. That was done in MS Paint.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it was posted but Cwars totally just appeared on my radar despite it's amazingly boring name. Didn't see it in the OP and figured I'd post it as it looks like a game that really should be supported.

Here's the trailer for it

In the same post I can't be the only one totally psyched for the visual masterpiece that is Dark Dead and Decaying
There's a lot of games that try to be retro and fail, so it's always nice to see a project strive to actually be a little different

Fantastic

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 29, 2013

SlashBunny
Apr 28, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Doesn't this already exist in the Scott Pilgrim game? I could have sworn there was another semi recently as well.

Not as much of a clone of River City Ransom mechanically as Scott Pilgrim, but I remember buying Kenka Bancho due to it being called a spiritual successor to River City Ransom. It certainly felt like an evolution of those games.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
The thing we really need is a Clash at Demonhead sequel.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In the same post I can't be the only one totally psyched for the visual masterpiece that is Dark Dead and Decaying
There's a lot of games that try to be retro and fail, so it's always nice to see a project strive to actually be a little different

Fantastic

That looks like Project Zomboid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That's exactly what came to my mind, and why I figured I should post it :v:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

SlashBunny posted:

Not as much of a clone of River City Ransom mechanically as Scott Pilgrim, but I remember buying Kenka Bancho due to it being called a spiritual successor to River City Ransom. It certainly felt like an evolution of those games.

Kenka Bancho is really fun. Try it out!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RIP Big Blue. We barely knew ye.

Even though it wasn't the sole reason, I think the media failed this one rather badly. It wouldn't even show on that weekly Kickstarter column RPS does.

In other news, Carmageddon posted an update with a so-childish-but-somehow-totally-kickass new car:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Even though it wasn't the sole reason, I think the media failed this one rather badly. It wouldn't even show on that weekly Kickstarter column RPS does.

No, it was in one of them. I don't think they include the same Kickstarters in every update.

Besides, as much as I want to play that thing, it was clearly doomed from the start.