Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Guys I am clicking cookies! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Color Printer posted:

There's a line between analyzing a silly game just for a fun and taking things too seriously.

Guess which side you're on.

EDIT:

Oh my lord it's a silly loving game about clicking a goddamn cookie

It's not a game, it's a lifestyle.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Cheez posted:

loving hell, Red. Farms suck rear end, farms need a fix. They're not going to get a suitable fix.
And, seeing that Cursors were always better than anything else even before grandmapocalypse, you come in saying even dumber things than he is. You couldn't possibly think that adding a few upgrades after the 50 farm upgrade and whatnot could be better?

Click the cookie.

quote:

Calling orteil retarded and farms bad is far from overreacting. Tearing into your rear end after you said some unbelievable poo poo isn't either.

Click the goddamn cookie.

edit: Do this.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Me too, buddy! :glomp:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

LAY-ZX posted:

Yeah no calling a guy retarded because he doesn't want to make his game the way you want him to is pretty hardcore overreacting.
"The way I want" is also "reasonable", unlike your "arguments" against it.

Color Printer posted:

There's a line between analyzing a silly game just for a fun and taking things too seriously.

Guess which side you're on.

EDIT:

Oh my lord it's a silly loving game about clicking a goddamn cookie

Maybe you missed the part where my initial statement was pretty collected, and then people said something stupid and I directed my attention to them, not the game. Notice that my only statements towards the game have been "orteil is retarded" because he said something that's completely backwards from what the game is currently like, and "farms suck" because they do. Then I got the cookie brigade here who I might add keeps saying dumber and dumber things, and I thought I could only find this fanaticism on youtube.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Cheez posted:

"The way I want" is also "reasonable", unlike your "arguments" against it.

Maybe you missed the part where my initial statement was pretty collected, and then people said something stupid and I directed my attention to them, not the game. Notice that my only statements towards the game have been "orteil is retarded" because he said something that's completely backwards from what the game is currently like, and "farms suck" because they do. Then I got the cookie brigade here who I might add keeps saying dumber and dumber things, and I thought I could only find this fanaticism on youtube.

I think you can find the Youtube fanaticism if you look in the mirror.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

You're incredible.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I mean, yeah, farms are kind of a bad building, but flipping out and calling the guy "retarded" about it (and not waiting to see what these "fun updates" are) is pretty drat overreacting.

poo poo will change, people will do more math at it, and in the end, we'll all still be clicking cookies. Christ.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Everybody. When someone says the early stuff should be less powerful, and has a game where the two earliest things outweigh almost everything else, is it not a very stupid thing to say?

YES, IT IS STUPID. Stop fighting that. That's horrible.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

If you kill yourself restart right now then the Heavenly Chips you get will help you win this argument way faster than spending days trying to grind out another :master:

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Cheez posted:

Everybody. When someone says the early stuff should be less powerful, and has a game where the two earliest things outweigh almost everything else, is it not a very stupid thing to say?

YES, IT IS STUPID. Stop fighting that. That's horrible.

Why does it matter? It's not a competitive game! You're not playing against anybody! There's no reason for balance!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

What does that have to do with anything? A guy straight up lies and you're acting like that's just fine!

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Because it is. Go away.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Guys I like the part of this game where you click the cookies. The big cookie is cool but the small cookies are good too.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Good, enjoy your cookie game, continue kissing orteil's feet, the god who can do no wrong. The man who can bullshit his way out of doing anything by saying something that is flat out contradictory to his own work.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss
Cheez, with all upgrades and a 100th antimatter condenser, you end up with:

211 cursors
204 grandmas
173 farms
160 factories
152 mines
142 shipments
131 alchemy labs
131 portals
109 time machines
100 antimatter condensers

What number of farms would satisfy you? Your argument should really be about alchemy labs, anyway.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
The end-game of cookie clicker is when we start IRL killing each other. It's like a modern day Twilight Zone

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm clicking the cookie with my mind.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Shoeonhead22 posted:

The end-game of cookie clicker is when we kill start IRL killing each other. It's like a modern day Twilight Zone

It'll basically be the Rip Van Winkle Caper episode, just replace "gold" with "cookies."

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

gently caress YOUR ORTIEL YOU STUPID SACK OF poo poo I WON'T CLICK YOUR GODDAMN COOKIE

ok maybe i'll click it just a little bit

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cheez posted:

Good, enjoy your cookie game, continue kissing orteil's feet, the god who can do no wrong. The man who can bullshit his way out of doing anything by saying something that is flat out contradictory to his own work.

You should definitely ask for a refund.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Why are people getting angry?

Angry about cities cookies an idle game?

I mean, holy poo poo.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

This is my data so far although it's not complete yet.

This is all active play - I closed the game instead of idling because the only point at which idling is remotely worthwhile is when you are saving up for a few expensive upgrades midgame -- early game you want to be buying stuff frequently, late game pretty much all of your income is from golden cookies.

This presumes mostly optimal play, I made a few suboptimal upgrades when I didn't realize I could get 50 of a building and get that upgrade, but it shouldn't make a big difference

The chips shows the total chips/hr you earn if you decide to reset at that point. So resetting 10 hours in is pretty awful because it would just be a big waste of time. But once you approach the endgame it skyrockets as you get a chip every few minutes. So I'm just trying to figure out how long you are supposed to keep going past the "end" until chip growth starts to dip significantly enough to make resetting better.

The blue line should scale linearly with any reset playthrough -- so if you had 532% prestige (remember it's +216% which means 3.16x) you could just scrunch it in half and shift it upwards a bit (although saving up a float wouldn't be much faster as most of that money comes from below-maximum lucky frenzy cookies which wouldn't be affected by a higher cps). It won't be accurate for a first playthrough because you won't have nearly maximum milk.

I have no idea what happens to the orange line with more prestige :confused:

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 19, 2013

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Don't worry guys, grandma will sort him out. A hearty batch of cookies will do the trick.

(A meaningless argument erupts over a free game, just boggles my mind :shepface:)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In other news, I thought it was really cool how the news ticker has a line for when you reset, haha.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AnonSpore posted:

In other news, I thought it was really cool how the news ticker has a line for when you reset, haha.

It should get more and more antagonistic the more times you reset, but yeah, it makes me grin.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
I've worked out in the long run that it takes about 5 minutes per heavenly chip. (In the very long run, it goes to zero. But let's be honest, we're only going to be playing this game for the rest of our lives, our children's children probably won't keep it going). Meanwhile, I'm at 5.6 billion cps 34 minutes after restarting.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People using autoclickers for golden cookies should get an achievement of shame. :argh:

They do. It's called Black Cat's Paw. :smug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

tractor fanatic posted:

Meanwhile, I'm at 5.6 billion cps 34 minutes after restarting.

drat, and I thought 4.7 after an hour was good. Very nice, how many chips?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
1027. I got a bit lucky with a click frenzy.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I am so close to getting 1b cookies per click. I can taste it. It tastes like satanic diabetes mixed with spacedust.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

tractor fanatic posted:

1027. I got a bit lucky with a click frenzy.

Aha, I didn't get any, so that makes sense. Still, good show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If I reset with 100 quadrillion cookies how many chips will I get?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Cheez posted:

Holy poo poo, it's a stupid gag "game" where numbers go up and that's why nobody else actually cares.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

According to that chart, assuming I red it right, 1000.

edit: Oh hey I completely got that wrong. You need 500,500,000,000,000,000 to get 1000 chips.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 19, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You've reset before, haven't you? How many chips do you have now?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I clicked the cookies and won the game.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

I clicked the cookies and won the game.

Now my whole universe is upside-down. I guess I'll just click upside-down cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

tractor fanatic posted:

You've reset before, haven't you? How many chips do you have now?

• Locked thread