Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just went full skylord in an attack helo with another goon. Fast vehicle spawn didn't save the enemy team from never having any helicopters. :smug:

Can't wait for this game to come out.

I also might just remove IR flairs for extinguisher because you can survive the AA missiles and most pilots try to fake you out with just one at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Just unlocked the Type 88... holy hell this is the support class I know and love :allears:

That first LMG is a giant piece of poo poo.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

mad.radhu posted:

I just realized this:

is probably supposed to happen all the time. I get it if I look at exactly the right spots from exactly the right angles, 99% of the time my game looks like this:

Time to upgrade the Radeon 6850 HD I guess :negative:

No, that poo poo happens to everyone. I think they just applied that dust cloud filter rather poorly. It seems like a huge sphere that doesn't quite reach certain areas farther away from C.

Orv
May 4, 2011

WeaponBoy posted:

No, that poo poo happens to everyone. I think they just applied that dust cloud filter rather poorly. It seems like a huge sphere that doesn't quite reach certain areas farther away from C.

That's what he's saying. The top shot is rare for him, though it's the intended effect. He gets the second shot most of the time.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Orv posted:

That's what he's saying. The top shot is rare for him, though it's the intended effect. He gets the second shot most of the time.

Ah. I get the inverse. Most of the time it's cloudy, but in specific locations if I look in the right direction the dust disappears.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love the decrease in vision from the levolution (I wish it would decrease spotting distance without the SOFLAM) but I hate how it kills any color.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Is it normal in the beta for the game to run ok except for massive CPU spikes making everything stutter all the time regardless of settings?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
From what I gather, yes. Happens to me too at least.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I'd take 3 frames per second in game over a 0 frames per second constant loading screen. At least they acknowledged the problem, 17 hours ago, but acknowledged

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I love that C is something YOU want and want to keep, but if the enemy gets his hands on it and can't be driven out quick enough you need to bring it down. I love it that people aren't just rushing to destroy it (yet) at the start of a map.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Bumming Your Scene posted:

I'd take 3 frames per second in game over a 0 frames per second constant loading screen. At least they acknowledged the problem, 17 hours ago, but acknowledged

That's punkbuster being its usual lovely self. The manual update is still hosed so just download this and extract to BF4 folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?odzd2nxufk3v9t7

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
:smug:

Bow to your new XM25 masters. (XMGustav / Gustav25)

I'm also at a playable framerate at 150% supersampling the game looks pretty.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lord Yod posted:

Sometimes. It's a beta so in the end it doesn't matter. Day one only about half my matches counted.

I've crashed at the start of a match and it didn't save the exp I earned in the last round. You're right though, everything will get reset once the beta ends.

Man, those knife/ladder animations are hilariously janky.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So first they open beta up to the pubbies. Then the servers start to run like poo poo and now most if not all servers have instant vehicle spawn timers.

EA knows their target audience and it is scary.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I managed to fix part of the micro-stuttering for me, would like to see if it helps anyone else-go into origin and turn off all notifications and most importantly, turn off Origin in-game. Smoothed performance out for me quite a bit, and that's considering my setup is barely pushing 40fps.

And fuuuuck instant-spawn vehicle servers. Seriously ridiculous when you just have a neverending stream of tanks rolling out. If anyone wants to come tank-busting with me, I'm a decent painter and have ammo boxes if need be. Pretty sure I have a lot of people friended-IGN is NorthernCo.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
For those who play with the emblem designer- I tried to make a goon/SA logo for BF4:

Cpt Soban fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 5, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

That reminds me, what's our clan tag, still LLJK?

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
:frogsiren: It is happening. :frogsiren:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey, at least it's not Wake Island! :eng99:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Funkz posted:

:frogsiren: It is happening. :frogsiren:

Metro with XM25's :circlefap:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

That reminds me, what's our clan tag, still LLJK?

Which reminds me, how do you join the SA squad/clan?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

^^^ there's no platoon support yet, you can't.

gently caress Wake Island unless they bring back moveable carriers. If they made the carrier a mobile cap point with crazy firepower, it could be really cool, but every iteration since 1942 has been garbage.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

gently caress Wake Island unless they bring back moveable carriers. If they made the carrier a mobile cap point with crazy firepower, it could be really cool, but every iteration since 1942 has been garbage.

While I agree on the carrier points, I haven't enjoyed the map since 1942 (and maybe not even then) because it was the premier "Ain't got a vehicle? Get hosed" map. You get to run from wherever you spawn to a point, and then get bombed/tanked/strafed/rocketed/whatever. Rinse repeat.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Had a match with this guy who had a quarter of points than me bitching at me that I wasn't a good pilot. I died three times that whole round while flying.

"Hurry and die so I can show you how to fly"

He gets in finally and instantly gets swarmed by stingers. "Hey there were stingers" I get in and deal with the same thing by making them hit buildings around me and sniping out every single stinger shooters.

loving pubbies.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Orv posted:

While I agree on the carrier points, I haven't enjoyed the map since 1942 (and maybe not even then) because it was the premier "Ain't got a vehicle? Get hosed" map. You get to run from wherever you spawn to a point, and then get bombed/tanked/strafed/rocketed/whatever. Rinse repeat.

It definitely sucked in 1942 if there were good pilots in the air. Not quite as bad as the BF2 iteration but still pretty poo poo.

The only ground-based AA in 1942 were those Bofors turrets. They had significant blindspots and of course were stationary. So true skygods worthy of the name memorized their locations on each map and knew how to approach and bomb them with almost no risk to themselves. Fun times.

folgore fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 5, 2013

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
So for the people experiencing the micro stutters, have you checked the load on your CPUs?

On my desktop with Phenom II X4 965/HD 7870/12GB ram the game runs 30-40 fps but experiences the micro stuttering/lag hiccups and has the cores basically pegged at 100%.
I've downloaded the beta on my laptop which is running a i7-3610QM/GTX660M/16GB ram and while it can't seem to break 28fps I have not had it stutter once, and the cores are't maxing out like on the older AMD proc.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Soarer posted:

So for the people experiencing the micro stutters, have you checked the load on your CPUs?

On my desktop with Phenom II X4 965/HD 7870/12GB ram the game runs 30-40 fps but experiences the micro stuttering/lag hiccups and has the cores basically pegged at 100%.
I've downloaded the beta on my laptop which is running a i7-3610QM/GTX660M/16GB ram and while it can't seem to break 28fps I have not had it stutter once, and the cores are't maxing out like on the older AMD proc.

This is definitely the issue. I'm not sure if it's a video driver issue, that is some how making the game not utilize the GPU correctly, or if it's on EA's end but that's whats going on on my computer. My CPU is pretty much sitting at 100% load, and my GPU is at 30% if that.

If it isn't fixed within 24h of release, I'll pretty much be forced to take EA up on the money back deal.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

Had a match with this guy who had a quarter of points than me bitching at me that I wasn't a good pilot. I died three times that whole round while flying.

"Hurry and die so I can show you how to fly"

He gets in finally and instantly gets swarmed by stingers. "Hey there were stingers" I get in and deal with the same thing by making them hit buildings around me and sniping out every single stinger shooters.

loving pubbies.

See, I KNOW I suck at flying, so I let someone else do it for me- I'll be gunner any day.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Soarer posted:

It's definitely the CPU yeah on the perfgraph the stutters coincide with the CPU line shooting off the scale, it's on their end too since you can't fix it by turning the graphics down and I already have a strong enough CPU that should play it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apparently from what I gather, is the stuttering issues are primarily on systems with Windows 7. Some people report issues still on windows 8, but most people who are playing issue free are on windows 8.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Systematic posted:

See, I KNOW I suck at flying, so I let someone else do it for me- I'll be gunner any day.

I love gunners. I just hate people who complain about how you aren't giving them a good enough KD and then the one time you die to something silly that always happens once a game they go off like they are king poo poo. But then they are poo poo.

Speaking of.

:smuggo:

I am so ready for this game to come out you have no idea.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I just played for the first time with some friends and we had hella fun completely shutting down the airspace for half a match. We lost, but we won in our hearts. :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RfmLLs-oU

Excuse us laughing like morons. Quality may improve since it just finished processing.

I also have a quick clip of me shooting my buddy in the back in the water because holy poo poo naval combat!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECGMsGSK1Y

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Systematic posted:

I love gunning for the transport chopper but I never really get a chance to. Assuming the rear end in a top hat pubbie flying it doesn't immediately do his best 9/11 impersonation, chances are he'll fly it over to C/some random rooftop and dump it. The transport helos are useful you stupid pubbie fuckers, quit dumping them in random places. :argh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

hexic posted:

I love gunning for the transport chopper but I never really get a chance to. Assuming the rear end in a top hat pubbie flying it doesn't immediately do his best 9/11 impersonation, chances are he'll fly it over to C/some random rooftop and dump it. The transport helos are useful you stupid pubbie fuckers, quit dumping them in random places. :argh:

I love transport helos. Whenever you play with me I'll try to pick up and drop off people as much as possible as well as use the miniguns to clear off wookie nests.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I decided to try turning hyper threading back on my CPU and it seems to fix the stuttering, BF4 actually uses the 8 threads.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

I love transport helos. Whenever you play with me I'll try to pick up and drop off people as much as possible as well as use the miniguns to clear off wookie nests.

Wookie nests?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Systematic posted:

Wookie nests?

Any building top ever on Siege.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Holy crap spectator mode is really well done. Free cam, 1st person cam, 3rd person and the extra little overview cameras on the "table top mode" make this actually pretty cool.

Makes me a hell of a lot more hopeful for the battle recorder.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ularg posted:

Yeah, transport helos are the best. Even if you don't get any gunners you can still have great fun. Try swooping along high-speed between the buildings to distract stingers from your gunships or just start landing on top of roofcampings snipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Holy poo poo the Stinger locks on insanely fast :stare:

This is the Stinger I wish I had in Bf3.

• Locked thread