Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'd try for Speed Baking III again but my cat apparently goes mental if she hears rapid clicking of the mouse. Soon as I start rapidly clicking the cookie, she's eyeing every single object on the ground like they're alive and is batting at them to make sure they're not. I thought it was something else causing it, so I picked her up and put her in my lap to keep an eye on her. Then I started clicking again.

She turned her head away from the mouse, looked at my chair arm, freaked the gently caress out and jumped out of my lap, claws fully engaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I have 1 Qi baked all time, I am now going to stop clicking

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Fellis posted:

I have 1 Qi baked all time, I am now going to stop clicking

You only need one more quintillion for the last upgrade do iiiiiit

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Is there a bug in Cookie Monster? It keeps calculating my worst building upgrades as the best during a Frenzy. The bonus income seems 1000x too high.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Merijn posted:

Is there a bug in Cookie Monster? It keeps calculating my worst building upgrades as the best during a Frenzy. The bonus income seems 1000x too high.

It hasn't been updated for the halloween version, so it's possible some bugs were introduced.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

LibbyM posted:

Maybe this RNG stuff will be the final push I needed to free myself from cookie clicker. Halloween cookies :(

Or that My Little Pony ad that's there now. Yikes.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Eldercain posted:

Isn't 66Qa kind of chump change by the time you have 3.6T unfrenzied cps? I know I don't even bother with cookie chains since I max out at 6 and that's really just not worth the effort.

I wouldn't say that exactly, it's just that everything is chump change when condensers cost quintillions. 66qa is more than lucky/ frenzy, I think, for 5t cps here.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Left some wrinklers up on my work machine over the weekend. Just popped 'em during an Elder Frenzy and went from 99 chips to 225. :kheldragar:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

redstormpopcorn posted:

Left some wrinklers up on my work machine over the weekend. Just popped 'em during an Elder Frenzy and went from 99 chips to 225. :kheldragar:

I swear to god these smith emoticons are getting weirder and weirder.

I think elder frenzy with 10 wrinklers up gives you some obscene amount of chips about on par with a click frenzy. I make 10-12 Qa easily from it.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Left my game up all weekend then closed the browser without popping my wrinklers this morning. :negative:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Squibbles posted:

Left my game up all weekend then closed the browser without popping my wrinklers this morning. :negative:

Left my game up all weekend and just popped my wrinklers :smug:

All the cookies.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
So, I should wait until I get an Elder Frenzy and pop the wrinkles during it? I thought I was supposed to let them absorb the cookies I'd normally get during it so they can give me more later?

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Nickoten posted:

So, I should wait until I get an Elder Frenzy and pop the wrinkles during it? I thought I was supposed to let them absorb the cookies I'd normally get during it so they can give me more later?

Popping wrinklers under the effects of a frenzy makes no difference. The effects of frenzies, clots, and elder frenzies will affect how much the wrinklers store since the amount withered is a percentage of your altered CpS.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'm at 209 chips on four resets. I was wondering if it's ever worth it to buy more than 100 of anything besides Grandmas and Cursors. I idle 90% of the time.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Tokelau All Star posted:

I'm at 209 chips on four resets. I was wondering if it's ever worth it to buy more than 100 of anything besides Grandmas and Cursors. I idle 90% of the time.

There's usually upgrades at 100, and cursors have an upgrade at 240, so yes it is worth it.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

If you run Cookie Monster you can see that technically the cps/cost says yes but practically speaking only condensers actually matter.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Tokelau All Star posted:

You're resetting too often. My second reset was at 750.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

M3wThr33 posted:

You're resetting too often. My second reset was at 750.

Why is your amount correct?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Gils posted:

If you run Cookie Monster you can see that technically the cps/cost says yes but practically speaking only condensers actually matter.

For me, anything that's less than 1 second of production is always worth it. Beyond that, it's preference.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

LouDog004 posted:

Why is your amount correct?
The cost of the time to get back to near-maximum CPS after the reset far outweighs the benefit of the ~ 25 heavenly chips. If he had waited, he'd have more heavenly chips right now.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Jonked posted:

The cost of the time to get back to near-maximum CPS after the reset far outweighs the benefit of the ~ 25 heavenly chips. If he had waited, he'd have more heavenly chips right now.

What a vague answer about a game with such transparent math. What amount of time would it take to get back to his old CpS? How much waiting, how many more heavenly chips? Neither you nor mewthree said why a second reset at 750 heavenly chips is best.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nickoten posted:

Pop AFTER the frenzy. They fill up based on your cps so if you pop during high cps you're wasting the remaining cps. Imagine them like vacuums that suck up part of your cps so the higher it is the more they get over the duration. Your cps at the time of their pop isn't important.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

LouDog004 posted:

What a vague answer about a game with such transparent math. What amount of time would it take to get back to his old CpS? How much waiting, how many more heavenly chips? Neither you nor mewthree said why a second reset at 750 heavenly chips is best.

You are really angry about cookies. You should just reset your cookies and make more. Clam down.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Dieting Hippo posted:

You are really angry about cookies. You should just reset your cookies and make more. Clam down.

Asking for clarification is anger in the cookieverse.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

LouDog004 posted:

Because I have no way of calculating how long it takes you to get back up to near-maximum CPS, I have no way to give you a specific answer. That said, considering at 2k heavenly chips it takes me about four hours to get near-maximum CPS, defined in this case as the buying 100+ antimatter condensers and all the +25% cookies, it would seem fair to assume at least double that time to reach near-maximum, and more realistic to assume anywhere between 4x to 20x as long. But let's stick to eight hours, at seems best. Let's assume the average CPS across those eight hours is half of your near-maximum CPS (per hour). At 175 heavenly chips, that's what - 100b CPS and 50b CPS? I think I'm assuming a little high here, but whatever. So for those 8 hours, you missed out on (50b * 28800) 1.44 quadrillion cookies, or 6 more heavenly chips (on top of the 209 you were going to get after the reset). So that's what you lost, 6 heavenly chips. What did you gain in return? Well, you gained the 50% addition on your base CPS during those 8 hours, plus for the foreseeable future. That's, what, 250t cookies roughly over that eight hours? Roughly half a heavenly chip.

So with only the roughest of math and the most forgiving of assumptions, it becomes clear that at 175 heavenly chips and resetting at 25 heavenly chips, you're losing out. As for figuring out a more general formula for when you should reset? Well, that depends on how long it takes you to return to near-maximum at the base rate, your current heavenly chip total, how many you would gain from resetting, and how quickly you would gain your next heavenly chip. Since one of those variables is unknowable, and the other three are constantly changing in relation to each other and are each quadratic, I can safely say gently caress that, it's not worth the trouble to figure out. But I know it's hell of a lot more than four times in 200 heavenly chips, that's for sure.

(I'm literally back of the napkin theorizing here, so these numbers may be (and probably are) wildly off, but no way in hell they're off enough to make 6 < 0.5, no matter how you bend it.)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Asking for clarification is anger in the cookieverse.

Clarification doesn't raise my CpS, neither does anger. Therefore they are equivalent.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Got the first 6 cookies in under 200 Wrinklers. Then had to click 250 more for the last but I finally got it.
And I got the lucky ach as well, so now I just have to wait for dungeons and click the cookie.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Thanks for the replies. After getting all the upgrades (I'm up to Loreols now) I get sick of letting the game run just to buy more condensers. I'm at 96 now but I hear the last few are a real slog. I made it up to ~87 at my last reset. The popping wrinklers after an elder frenzy strategy is helping a ton.

So I guess I'll let the game run today while I'm at work and while I sleep tonight, then reset tomorrow. I want to buy stuff dammit!

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Reset when you get bored, otherwise why bother?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Still waiting for that last goddamn Halloween cookie at 800 wrinklers. gently caress this game, man.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
The worst is having to re-unlock the Halloween cookies every reset :smithicide:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nibble posted:

The worst is having to re-unlock the Halloween cookies every reset :smithicide:

Don't they give minimal CPS gains?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just want that last CPS-affecting achievement :qq:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Monkey Fracas posted:

I just want that last CPS-affecting achievement :qq:

Well it makes sense to do once, but I haven't bothered after the first time. Spending that time clicking golden cookies and buying more buildings seems like it's a better idea.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did the game update and get rid of the 7th cookie?
I'm at 668 wrinklers popped. :smith:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I just got my seventh, so...sorry?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I was sitting at a little over 900 quadrillion, saving up for the 140th condenser. I checked back a little later and I'd dropped down to 300 trillion. What the hell? Where did all those cookies go? :stonk:

Edit: I just checked again a few minutes later and it's up to 1 quintillion. I think cookie monster's broken and displaying the wrong numbers or something.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
God drat, finally got Black Cat's Paw... and now I'm done, I guess?

SteelStiletto
Oct 22, 2011

Run!
I'm up to 2000 HCs, after 230 hours and 7 resets, and the only milk-giving achievement I haven't gotten is the one that requires 1 trillion cps. I see a few other people have gotten that, how many HCs did you have before you finally hit the 1 trillion cps mark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Karnegal posted:

God drat, finally got Black Cat's Paw... and now I'm done, I guess?

There'e no cap on HC, or if there is you will never reach it.

Keep a tab playing Cookie Clicker open on my tombstone.

• Locked thread