Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spatula City posted:

Indeed. It's a good one. I come down firmly on the side that Woody Allen abused his daughter and Roman Polanski should be in prison, but that doesn't stop me from considering Hannah and Her Sisters, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Chinatown great movies. To be honest, seeing OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun movies doesn't even bother me. Tom Cruise is a horrible person and one of my favorite actors. Unfortunately, a lot of artists are terrible people, and you can choose to let that dictate what you enjoy, or practice a little cognitive dissonance.
Its kind of hard when you get really horrible people, like I like watching Chris Benoit matches, but it can be really difficult considering what he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Everyone has their own limit for what they will and won't tolerate when consuming media. I mean, a little consistency is important, but I won't fault someone for not watching X or Y while watching Z.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

The mail system is... attacking people? Not sure what Muir is after here.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Indeed. It's a good one. I come down firmly on the side that Woody Allen abused his daughter and Roman Polanski should be in prison, but that doesn't stop me from considering Hannah and Her Sisters, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Chinatown great movies. To be honest, seeing OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun movies doesn't even bother me. Tom Cruise is a horrible person and one of my favorite actors. Unfortunately, a lot of artists are terrible people, and you can choose to let that dictate what you enjoy, or practice a little cognitive dissonance.

I think between his brazenness about the situation and the lengths people in Hollywood go to to defend him are what really keep me from ever enjoying the work of Roman Polanski.

quote:

She was born into a world where they called it seduction, not rape.
was the tagline for the movie he made immediately after fleeing the country. He dedicated the movie to his late wife while at the same time banging the underage model he cast to star in the movie as the rape victim. He also claimed the continuing media coverage of the rape was more damaging to his victim than the rape itself. Even assuming that to be true I'm sure the coverage would have mostly died out a long time ago were it not for the fact that he has had 3 decades of success while escaping justice. You hardly ever hear anything about that little boy Victor Salva molested.

Beyond that I wouldn't begrudge anyone for enjoying the work of someone I think is terrible, I just make sure they aren't getting any money from me.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Sir Rolo posted:

"Hahaha, they're over compensating!" says a guy as he draws a cartoon woman with her tits spilling out of her clothing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sir Rolo posted:

"Mailmen have tiny dicks :smug:" -- a grown-rear end man attempting to make a political point

Also I don't think he knows what overcompensating is supposed to look like.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sir Rolo posted:

"I have to deliver this to that crazy gun nut who attacked those FBI guys? I better borrow some riot gear first…"

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Boom! A good Mr. Fish. :smith:

Edit: Should have left in "and congress" but I just saw all of the words and my brain turned off.

itskage fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 5, 2014

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

itskage posted:

Boom! A good Mr. Fish. :smith:

Yeah, but I think that his schtick is supposed to be that his cartoons suck. I'm not sure why though.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

cafel posted:

"Hahaha, they're over compensating!" says a guy as he draws a cartoon woman with her tits spilling out of her clothing.

Is that supposed to be a bra, or is Muir drawing waifu's tits as albino white again?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

cafel posted:

Yeah, but I think that his schtick is supposed to be that his cartoons suck. I'm not sure why though.

Considering that most of the time his cartoons suck because they are simply too wordy, he really sucks as accomplishing his goal then. Even with all of the walls of text he uses, his stuff is still far more aesthetically pleasing and coherent than most of the stuff posted here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

loquacius posted:

Really? He traces it every day!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Selachian posted:

Is that supposed to be a bra, or is Muir drawing waifu's tits as albino white again?
Muir is a moron, so he regularly draws waifu with pale tits despite having her frequently outside while nude.

Okay, he isn't a moron: he's just lazy and doesn't want to create new "artwork".

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Man, oh Man a Lies Jersey would be so rad :allears:

Also, why the hell did he feel it necessary to add the drat Nike swoosh.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

I don't want to get all "A Good Cartoon"-y, but with all the defenders behind Obama he could probably get a short lob off to someone right in front of him and they'd have a clear field. I guess in this metaphor Hillary Clinton is receiving the 2016 elections pass or something.

It's just weird to see the defensive line behind a quarter back.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Obama pulls through in the clinch. AGC. Although, shouldn't they be tackling him from the other direction?
e: f,b.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 5, 2014

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Even though Obama will be crushed, Obamacare and his legacy will go on to win in the end?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Discendo Vox posted:

Obama pulls through in the clinch. AGC. Although, shouldn't they be tackling him from the other direction?

He's being tackled by his own team/policies.

Edit: But I guess in football they are in front of him anway, duh.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I always love when Ramirez does cartoons like that because you see the MASSIVE amount of white space because Ramirez is a professional cartoonist that cannot figure out how to differentiate his characters from his backgrounds.

Two Pulitzers

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

There was a Seahawks touchdown off a Broncos' punt in the superbowl.

edit: I just noticed the field is labled "NATO". :wtc:

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 5, 2014

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Snoggle posted:

He's being tackled by his own team/policies.

Edit: But I guess in football they are in front of him anway, duh.

No, I think Obama is throwing a lateral back to Hillary, who is going to run in 2016. Even Ramirez can't be dumb enough to think that your defenders stand behind you in football.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Top left one is Iran nukes. ANY. DAY. NOW.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Aw, look at that li'l "IRAN NUKES" sneaking in there. Any day now!

e: Really?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Defensive players can't have numbers in the 80s. RAMIREZ!!!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wales Grey posted:

There was a Seahawks touchdown off a Broncos' punt in the superbowl.

edit: I just noticed the field is labled "NATO". :wtc:
Well, NATO was created to combat communists...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PhancyPants posted:

That's either someone I don't recognize, or the worst drat Putin caricature I've seen in a while.

Edit: TIMG'd because apparently his cartoons are now posted at massive resolutions

A Daft Punk cartoon.

pkfan2004 posted:

Ha ha lazy MSPaint.

...pation.

Both excellent edits :golfclap:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rorus Raz posted:

I always love when Ramirez does cartoons like that because you see the MASSIVE amount of white space because Ramirez is a professional cartoonist that cannot figure out how to differentiate his characters from his backgrounds.

Two Pulitzers

I've never understood this, because I've seen plenty of cartoons from him where this isn't the case. He only has the stupid white halos sometimes. Other times characters stand out just fine from whatever stupidly detailed background he put them up against.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benghazi suffered too many concussions and was ruled unfit to play.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Wormbama only gets more and more ineptly drawn, also I can't quite tell but holy Christ does Wormbama have fangs now?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

loquacius posted:

"Mailmen have tiny dicks :smug:" -- a grown-rear end man attempting to make a political point

Muir is basically mocking himself now, finally self-aware of how silly his strip is. AGC.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sir Rolo posted:

Hey guys I edited the latest DbD strip to be about dicks, as per the recent fad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey guys I edited the latest DbD strip to be about dicks, as per the recent fad.

I love your enormous penis.

Are we certain Rorus Raz didn't actually create Day by Day as an elaborate trolling measure designed to sustain the politoon threads by continuously delving to levels of self-parody we can't follow? I'm just saying, have you ever seen Muir and Rorus Raz in the same room together?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Holy poo poo! Bravo! :golfclap:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

MisterBadIdea posted:

Wormbama only gets more and more ineptly drawn, also I can't quite tell but holy Christ does Wormbama have fangs now?

Those are just his weird lips viewed in profile. You know lips, protruding from peoples faces enough to effect their silhouette and all that.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ammat The Ankh posted:

d...drat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I didn't know the XFL was still around!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ok, I laughed way to hard at the mailman's line.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:allears: Holy poo poo never stop making those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
The ones to come out of the generator that mashes random dbd panels together are just as good, since Muir doesn't pass the turing test.

• Locked thread