Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Amarkov posted:

In case anyone needed proof that unconditional support of military spending is a thing. No concern trolling, very little whining about welfare; just "Why aren't we recruiting soldiers like we were in World War I?"

I like that Obama is making a gang sign here, that's a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I was looking for bargains at Value Village when I came upon this:

A compilation of 150 Horsey cartoons between 1988 and 1994. And for only a buck fifty, the chance to finally contribute to this thread was too good to pass up. I seem to recall some people talking about posting some old Horseys before but I don't remember anyone ever doing it. If they did it was a long time ago. I'll scan some this weekend and post some whenever the new cartoon well runs dry.

For now I leave you with this:

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 27, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horsey loves him some T n A.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I'm telling you, there's some kind of horrible gremlin on the wing!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhinoceraptor posted:

A compilation of 150 Horsey cartoons between 1988 and 1994. And for only a buck fifty, the chance to finally contribute to this thread was too good to pass up. I seem to recall some people talking about posting some old Horseys before but I don't remember anyone ever doing it. If they did it was a long time ago. I'll scan some this weekend and post some whenever the new cartoon well runs dry.

I remember seeing this book somewhere once. I probably only remember it because I was 13 in 1994, so seeing TnA like that on the cover is probably the only reason I remember that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm telling you, there's some kind of horrible gremlin on the wing!!

I think Ramirez would agree.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

From the horse's mouth:

Bok posted:

The Polar Vortex is back. Used to be March just came in like a lion.

It doesn’t matter. Lions, lambs, vortexes, snow, rain, drought, ObamaCare – it’s all your fault. All things are made by man-caused global warming. Al Gore says so, John Kerry says so, and President Obama says so.

So, if you like your polar vortex, you can keep your polar vortex. Period.

No one does equal parts spite and glib idiocy quite like Bok.

The amount of misunderstanding of what "polar vortex" means out there is really getting on my nerves. Hint: it's not just the latest cool TV weather name for cold snaps (though that might be what it's becoming).

Then again, the amount of misunderstanding of what "global warming/climate change" means is a much more pressing problem. Hint: it's not just the current weather right now in your town.

Also, this reads like an insane facebook post from an old person who doesn't really understand the internet.

Also, Bok says "used to be march just came in like a lion." So is he saying that the seasons - the climate, if you will - are messed up? Hmm. (Not that March has ever reliably come in like a lion)

edit: If I'm interpreting this map right, this cold spell is NOT a polar vortex, and in fact, the warm high-pressure zone in the Gulf of Alaska that has been causing this brutal winter and the CA droughts might finally be shifting away?

alnilam fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 27, 2014

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

euphronius posted:

Horsey loves him some T n A.

Dude really likes drawin' titties. At least he's up front about it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Whatever opinions he has aside (most seem ok other than we he went nutty after 9/11 like most of the US) and his love of TnA regardless, I really like Horsey's art and I think he's my favorite artist in this thread. All of his characters seem to have the perfect facial expressions.

I can't hate on his love for tits since at least it's his thing and he does it well.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 27, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

It's an F-22. You can tell because, while Ramirez may not be able to draw a recognizable human, he sure as hell is going to get details like the thrust-vectoring engines at the back of an F-22 correct.

I'm convinced Ramirez is on the autism spectrum. Guy draws people like poo poo but absolutely spergs over drawing anything mechanical.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Rhinoceraptor posted:

That's awesome. :) Last year I posted a massive retrospective of Horsey cartoons, but I could only find about 10-15 from 1980-1997. His online archive starts in 98, so I posted about a thousand cartoons he did between 1998 and 2005. It'll be neat to see a few more from before then.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Radish posted:

What shopper is sad over loving Kmart closing??

JJRose is exactly the kind of person who would be sad over a Kmart closing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

JJRose is exactly the kind of person who would be sad over a Kmart closing.
I successfully bought a PS4 on day one at Kmart just because almost no one else thought to go there. I haven't used it for any other purpose in years.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm convinced Ramirez is on the autism spectrum. Guy draws people like poo poo but absolutely spergs over drawing anything mechanical.

Thanks for this post from 2003, Crasscrab.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Swan Oat posted:

I like that Obama is making a gang sign here, that's a nice touch.

uh, I think that's supposed to be scissors fingers -- "cut," yeah? Although given Benson, it might well be a gang sign.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

onecooldana
Jan 29, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
SEND 'EM A MESSAGE
BLAH BLAH BLAH

We've seen this before but that doesn't mean I hate it any less.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait there are Civil RTS games out there? gently caress I need to get in on that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Uba Stij posted:

Wait there are Civil RTS games out there? gently caress I need to get in on that.

What? You didn't know?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The best part about this is "best decor of tentsite" as if literally only The Homosexuals care about making things look nice and Real Men don't give a poo poo.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Despite his facade as a harmless politican, Obama can tear a flying F-22 apart with his bare hands. A nanomachines cartoon, son.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

It's been posted before, but this one is so noteworthy in its hatred in espousing the idea that all gays are rampantly hypersexual, loving everything and everything on sight. First time I've seen this stereotype applied to a child, let alone one in the Boyscouts.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Is it? I'd say most of those badges are about painting gays as perpetual whiners with victim complexes (because protesting discrimination is unmanly or something).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

The best part about this is "best decor of tentsite" as if literally only The Homosexuals care about making things look nice and Real Men don't give a poo poo.

Also, "Anti-Bully Poster." Kids should have the poo poo beat out of them I guess

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay
e: nevermind, misread. :downs:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Why would "Best Gay Law Suit" be in the shape of a star, I wonder...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

crowfeathers posted:

Also, "Anti-Bully Poster." Kids should have the poo poo beat out of them I guess

It's the dickhead "I WAS BEATEN EVERY DAY AND CALLED QUEER ALL THE TIME TOO AND I NEVER KILED MYSELF!" toughen up bullshit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's the dickhead "I WAS BEATEN EVERY DAY AND CALLED QUEER ALL THE TIME TOO AND I NEVER KILED MYSELF!" toughen up bullshit.

The conservative response to basically all forms of oppression is "Get over it!"

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

The conservative response to basically all forms of oppression is "Get over it!"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Let me tell you about real oppression.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Randler posted:

I pointed this out the first time it was posted but the other medal with a Star of David has a SS sig rune above it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

MisterBadIdea posted:

Is it? I'd say most of those badges are about painting gays as perpetual whiners with victim complexes (because protesting discrimination is unmanly or something).

KEEP HANDS TO SELF AWARD

Because gay children want to molest all lifeforms 24/7, 365 (EVEN ON LEAP YEARS, THE ANIMALS).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

True it's "Get over it!" unless it the ghost threat of "reverse racism," the War on Christmas or the gross religious intolerance behavior, "existing while gay."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

gardenald posted:

Dude really likes drawin' titties. At least he's up front about it.

So are the titties. :downsrim:

I like Horsey because his art is clean and sharp, and because he keeps drawing women who unaccountably remind me of Stephanie MacMillan.

Being reminded of MacMillan is not necessarily a good thing, you understand, but given Horsey's typical viewpoint it's absolutely hilarious.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Randler posted:

There's a Star of David on the Keep Hands to Self award, too - well, a six-pointed star, at least. More signs of the growing power of the Gay Jewish Illuminati

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jedit posted:

Being reminded of MacMillan is not necessarily a good thing, you understand, but given Horsey's typical viewpoint it's absolutely hilarious.

I've always thought he's going for "Rhea Pearlman if she were young and bangin." But yeah. Yours is much better.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Hunny Bunny is a lazy curmudgeon now? This doesn't even make any sense, why would the embodiment of evil hate Mondays?

Christ's sake, it's not like the character dynamics of loving Garfield are difficult to understand.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

MisterBadIdea posted:

Hunny Bunny is a lazy curmudgeon now? This doesn't even make any sense, why would the embodiment of evil hate Mondays?

Christ's sake, it's not like the character dynamics of loving Garfield are difficult to understand.

So, how much longer is he going to continue posting that same first panel and then rip off other comic characters in the second? Because it seems like it's been happening forever.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:

He lives in OKC and this has been in our news as of the past month: http://www.normantranscript.com/headlines/x1262672547/Bridge-closure-means-extra-gas-expenses-travel-issues-for-residents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lord_Ventnor posted:

So, how much longer is he going to continue posting that same first panel and then rip off other comic characters in the second? Because it seems like it's been happening forever.

Well if he finds Kevin and Kell, hypothetically this could go on for years.

• Locked thread