Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Pakled posted:

A few months ago he said he had something in the works about that, but we haven't heard anything specific since then.

Neat, I'll keep an eye on the thread, but I really hope he finally owns up to the whole stealing his fans money thing and sends on the merchandise he promised and the books he promised, or refunds the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Can't wait for the continuation of he freekah chia saga tommorrow

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

lovely Wizard posted:

Neat, I'll keep an eye on the thread, but I really hope he finally owns up to the whole stealing his fans money thing and sends on the merchandise he promised and the books he promised, or refunds the money.

He's "owned up to it" multiple times, in the sense that he's said "I really need to set things right here" but then never actually did anything about it.

I would be more shocked than I have ever been if Cookbook victims ever get anything more than an apology. At absolute best he'll make a lovely cookbook and give it away free to everyone as a PDF. You won't ever see your money or a physical cookbook though, that's almost guaranteed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Maybe he'll print the cookbooks then film himself burning them while calling all the buyers selfish capitalist pigs.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Onstand is much easier to stomach when you view his actions as performance art

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
:siren: New strip. :siren:

In which Teodor gets down to boning. Meh, really another week of this left?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

cletepurcel posted:

:siren: New strip. :siren:

In which Teodor gets down to boning. Meh, really another week of this left?

Literally the point to end Achewood on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I'm happy for Teodor at least :shobon:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RZApublican posted:

Literally the point to end Achewood on.

Pretty much. Can't get any worse than this.

Well, maybe if he brings back Theo Freedom.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
When Téodor lays down he looks like a cardboard cutout

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Van Dis posted:

When Téodor lays down he looks like a cardboard cutout

Hundreds of drawings of cats standing up has taken its toll on Onstad's understanding of anatomy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is like a teenager's embarrassing romantic fantasies about a girl in his class, but not embarrassing enough to be funny.

I've never felt less when reading a comic.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Everyone in the house is dying from a gas leak. Each character hallucinates their own happy ending.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
e: gently caress whoops

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Oh poo poo this is the worst one yet. What the gently caress.

Also: check out the girl cat's hand in the next-to-last panel.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I miss non-retarded Ray.

You guys miss non-retarded Ray?

I could really use some non-retarded Ray.

Forgot the obligatory old comic reference: Getting out of this story arc will produce a warm, tingly, jelly-like feeling.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 2, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think this storyline can only end one way now.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Loss: The gift that keeps on giving.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
This is massively betterless horrible than high school van rape, you babies.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Everyone in the house is dying from a gas leak. Each character hallucinates their own happy ending.

Then how's about we go check in on Lyle's Thunderbird-fueled coma dreams instead of watching Onstad desperately try to rewrite his failed marriage via stuffed animal comix

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Javid posted:

High school van sex was hilarious and uncomfortable. This is just boring.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think this storyline can only end one way now.

I have no idea how this keeps working, but by god it never fails.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I imagine Onstad crying as he draws the final two panels. It is not a good imagining.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pretty much. Can't get any worse than this.

Well, maybe if he brings back Theo Freedom.
I can't be the only one who thinks this kind of reaction to this strip is absolutely ridiculous.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Achewood is going to end with a comic that's got the gang sitting around, and somebody comes in and says "Philippe is dead" and everybody looking sad, and the fourth panel is somehow a picture of Onstad committing suicide

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Shmoses posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks this kind of reaction to this strip is absolutely ridiculous.

Pretty much. Some days I feel like this thread would set fire to the old classics if they came out today. Not that this is a high quality arc, but it ain't loss.jpg-photoshop worthy. That's just mean.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know how recently this happened but the Achewood Cookbook and Roast Beef's 'zines are free to download or pay what you want. This is a ridiculous amount of extremely hilarious oldschool Achewood content which I had never seen before.

The Metal Chef sequence in 'Zine 1 makes it clear to me why there was a notion that Achewood could work as a sitcom. I think it would have worked better if it wasn't derived directly from content in the strips. I also think it need not have been animated. The fact that all the characters are cats and teddy bears is not critical to Achewood. Just good people could make these sketches work.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is a pretty boring arc, and it keeps getting more boring.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

This is a pretty boring arc, and it keeps getting more boring.

I wish I could go back two or three months and slap myself for getting excited that Onstad decided to have Penny make another appearance. I thought it would go somewhere interesting and be done before March.
Today's strip was seriously boring. I want some more of the one-off strips, those were up there with his best stuff.

BigSkillet
Nov 27, 2003
I said teaberry, not sandalwood!
At least this latest strip didn't have a Dennis Miller style compound reference as the punchline. Maybe he's gotten better about that.

"Oh Penny, you make my head spin more than Nicolaus Copernicus guest-DJing Dead or Alive's greatest hits at the Sky City Restaurant."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
KISS.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Javid posted:

Speaking of, I have a horrible feeling we're about to wake up in the back of Nice Pete's van in the next strip :ohdear:

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Dodgeball posted:

Speaking of, I have a horrible feeling we're about to wake up in the back of Nice Pete's van in the next strip :ohdear:

He is the winner.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just don't really want to read about romance in a depressing/funny webcomic.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I was reading the pdf of the combined blogs, and apparently Pat has been pissing off people by knocking and ringing the doorbell since 2004.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
This arc blows. The new comic is a monument to bad-Achewood and these four panels may be the worst thing Onstad ever wrote and drew:

Jesus her eyebrows and mouth and Lyle's response are so CAD.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I liked the one where Cornelius cleaned up Teodor's room. :shrug:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

I just don't really want to read about romance in a depressing/funny webcomic.

I wouldn't call this romance.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I normally hate all the negativity in this thread but this storyline is the most unfunny overwritten wish-fufillment garbage.

Phillipe, Phillipe, Phillipe, the saddest thing is a man coping with his divorce by drawing a masturbation fantasy cartoon where two bears fall in love at a Goodwill. *reaction shot of Phillipe saying "nooo"*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

little munchkin posted:

Phillipe, Phillipe, Phillipe, the saddest thing is a man coping with his divorce by drawing a masturbation fantasy cartoon where two bears fall in love at a Goodwill. *reaction shot of Phillipe saying "nooo"*

And then Onstad makes the entire arc pay off by having this be the next comic.