Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Don't say anything else about drones unless a new drone cartoon gets posted. Don't make a post and then say "Whoops, didn't see your post, Xylo, sorry" and then leave the whole post there as a smug last-word poo poo. Just drop it right now, and edit out anything else about drones that comes after this post.

This page is drone free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
benghazi

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If we work hard enough, we can make this thread into pages of arguments that are so meta, they're more incomprehensible that a Muir cartoon.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Rogers getting on the Skeleton Bandwagon

Like someone took an Iron Maiden or Megadeth album cover and put it through a political cartoon filter that made it cartoony and added the labels/elephants.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Lets get some comics in here then for different rage inducing topics!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

achillesforever6 posted:

Elephants, you are holding up the Skeleton Frat Party! :frogout:

I really like this Priggie, especially the 10 gallon hood

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Were there recently Russian jets near California or :confused:

PassTheRemote posted:

I really like this Priggie, especially the 10 gallon hood

Haha wow, I didn't notice the eyeholes on the giant kkkowboy hat. That's awesome.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tom Guycot posted:

How old is Muir anyways? I know everyone says he sits alone in a dirt trailer on 12k a year with no family, but... is that all actually true? Does he have no life?

Is someone collecting these? I need to know that they're being properly archived so that future generations can enjoy their glory.

What does this even mean? Is it a reference to something? Does Monica even mention Hilary in the Vanity fair article (I haven't read it)?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 8, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Spiffster posted:

Lets get some comics in here then for different rage inducing topics!

Christ Zyglis is that supposed to be a ballgag or an oxygen mask?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is someone collecting these? I need to know that they're being properly archived so that future generations can enjoy their glory.

What does this even mean? Is it a reference to something? Does Monica even mention Hilary in the Vanity fair article (I haven't read it)?

Well, see, her husband once got a blowjob from Lewinsky. You may not have heard, it was pretty niche. But because they've both touched the same dick, this means they are eternally karmically connected. See: The real day-by-day strips, before that Muir guy makes his edits.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Angry skeletons? But skeletons are supposed to be joyful and full of life, like this happy guy:

I adore both these comics and want to marry them.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

You know things are getting way out of hand when we catch the moon on fire.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's one platter of her scale. There's only so much you can do with it before that ceases to be obvious.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's one side of the scales. Took me a sec too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So, the head of Canada Post, Deepak Chopra (Seriously, names the same), is a prick. He basically said he was ending home delivery for community mailboxes, posted that ginormous loss, and got that big of a bonus

Harper has now picked a fight with the Supreme Court Chief Justice, basically trying to undermine her because she pointed out he was making stupid decisions. Tim Horton’s is basically Canada’s equivalent to churches, where we go at least once a day and pray to the dark caffeine gods for salvation. (It also has alright donuts)

The Temporary Foreign Workers programs, or TFW, is basically, um, legalized slavery….. Ok, that’s a bit harsh, but basically companies in Canada could just import cheaper labour for abroad then Canadians, and treat them like literal slaves. This of course happened in areas where there was plenty of unemployed Canadians looking for work, and was for low skill jobs like fast food. Abuse was revealed, Conservatives tried sweeping it under the rug….then an audio recording was released of the McDonalds CEO in Canada pretty much saying that Minister Kenney (Who is so dumb that he needs to write his own name on his pants) knows about the abuses, knows that they’re doing it for money, and gently caress Canadians, and was ok with it…..

That’s Harper there

Um, that’s supposed to be Rob Ford, and the nickname for the Montreal Canadiens is Les Habs (from les habitants). Other than that, I got nothing.

Again, that’s Toronto City Hall

Russia

Rob Ford’s less idiot brother (Think the Dick Cheney to Rob’s W) might run for Mayor in his Brother’s place. Why his face is in the toast? I have no loving clue.

P.K. Subban is an African-Canadian player for Les Habs, who is kicking crazy rear end in the playoffs. After game one of this series, a shitton of Racist tweets were sent at him from Boston fans (leading to, unfortunately, friend of the family trending in Boston). In response, he continued to severly kick their asses.

Anyways, unfortunately, I have run out of free articles on most of the newspapers paywalls, so unless I can find a good collection site online, this is it for this month of Cartoons in Canada!

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 8, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Um, that’s supposed to be Rob Ford, and the nickname for the Montreal Canadiens is Les Habs (from habbituents). Other than that, I got nothing.

The scrap of paper he's holding in his left hand is a cutout from a dictionary at the entry for "Re." It's too small for me to read it, though.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Is this about a specific news or just general condemnation of the anti-vaccine crazy?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jedit posted:

It's one platter of her scale. There's only so much you can do with it before that ceases to be obvious.

Ah I see, that's gotta just be one of those things that sounded so much better before he actually sat down to draw it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Taxes on cigarettes are also the new cigarettes.

I forgot one, taxes are the new slavery

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012

How do you know they didn't just look up recepies and how-to-makes on their cell phones? You don't need a cookbook when you have the internet in your hands after all.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

bunnyofdoom posted:

the nickname for the Montreal Canadiens is Les Habs (from habbituents)

Jesus, man.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

quote:

Barack Obama, speaking to a group of bowtie-wearing TV weathermen (unlike the underground, bomb-throwing, cop killing weathermen like Bill Ayers who launched Barry's political career), announced the coming apocalyptic end of the world owing to global climate warming, or climate change, or weathery deviation, or attack glaciers, or tsunamis made angry by Youtube videos, or hurricanes protesting the fact that they earn less then himmicanes.

Fortunately, the president plans to issue magic executive orders which will save the planet by raising taxes, closing businesses, cutting off energy supplies to United States citizens, giving hundreds of millions of dollars to Democrat donors with imaginary "green energy" companies and, in a nod to his allegedly Hawaiian roots, throwing capitalists into active volcanoes.

He would have called for throwing in virgins but, thanks to the initiatives of the Left, they're all gone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I know. I have at best, Ontario Immersion learning of French. I have corrected it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

P.K. Subban is an African-Canadian player for Les Habs, who is kicking crazy rear end in the playoffs. After game one of this series, a shitton of Racist tweets were sent at him from Boston fans (leading to, unfortunately, friend of the family trending in Boston). In response, he continued to severly kick their asses.

Anyways, unfortunately, I have run out of free articles on most of the newspapers paywalls, so unless I can find a good collection site online, this is it for this month of Cartoons in Canada!

Let's be honest. "friend of the family" trending in South Boston is nothing new.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

quote:

Barack Obama, speaking to a group of bowtie-wearing TV weathermen (unlike the underground, bomb-throwing, cop killing weathermen like Bill Ayers who launched Barry's political career), announced the coming apocalyptic end of the world owing to global climate warming, or climate change, or weathery deviation, or attack glaciers, or tsunamis made angry by Youtube videos, or hurricanes protesting the fact that they earn less then himmicanes.

Fortunately, the president plans to issue magic executive orders which will save the planet by raising taxes, closing businesses, cutting off energy supplies to United States citizens, giving hundreds of millions of dollars to Democrat donors with imaginary "green energy" companies and, in a nod to his allegedly Hawaiian roots, throwing capitalists into active volcanoes.

He would have called for throwing in virgins but, thanks to the initiatives of the Left, they're all gone.

:stare:
Holy gently caress, this is even more insane than Hope'n'Change guy's usual.

Also the idea of "Big Climate" getting huge kickbacks from democrats while also donating millions to their campaigns still makes me laugh.

Recently, someone got more specific and labelled something "Big Wind."
I thought about that the other day. Who profits from wind energy proliferation?
Mostly, huge electromechanical manufacturers like GE and Siemens. And they make tons of money off of any kind of electricity generation - one of GE's main businesses are natgas turbines. Siemens and GE both make the actual generators that nearly any kind of electricity generation uses (in the end, most electricity is about turning spinning into electricity), so they'll profit from coal, natgas, hydro, wind, anything but solar and stationary fuel cells really.
Then there are a number of specialized small-time players - wind farm developers, blade manufacturers, turbine maintainers (a very specialized job), coatings companies, etc. None of which could muster much money for lobbying if their lives depended on it, which it very well might.

So in "Big Wind" we have (a) giant companies who profit no matter what kind of electricity we make, and (b) specialized companies that are by no means "big."
Big Wind, everybody.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Saint Sputnik posted:

That one's stupid, but at least it makes sense by comparing taxes to a bad thing. Trying to say cigarette taxes are bad by comparing them to cigarettes means that cigarettes are also bad.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
The pockets of the Sierra Club are unfathomably deep. Who knows what evil they will commit with the legion of politicians they control?

Saint Sputnik posted:

If you think about it, old white men basically have it as bad as blacks did under slavery.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I've never seen a comic I agree with more I have to believe he means this in a positive way because it is scary to think that there is someone out there with the opinion that the ability for the rich to exploit the poor for money is more important then the future of the entire human race.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A revolutionary cartoon.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

StarPilot87 posted:

How do you know they didn't just look up recepies and how-to-makes on their cell phones? You don't need a cookbook when you have the internet in your hands after all.

Someone who makes a cartoon like that probably had to be told by his kids how he's supposed to answer a phone call with this damned thing. I did with my dad. He had it for two weeks and couldn't answer the phone and finally asked me; you had to push down on the ringing phone icon and swipe to the green phone icon to pick up the call (I don't know if that's common, my cell's from 2004). He can use computers alright now (he took a course even), but smart phones have new and different interfaces that he's too intimidated to try learning. People who're bad at computers are terrified of them because they think that if they do something wrong they'll instantly delete everything, so they only learn a small set of actions and do nothing beyond that.

Edit: Doesn't help that he ran up $100 in data charges before realising it.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 8, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly wonder when the Right will finally admit that global warming is a real thing. How far will things have t go before they finally go "Okay...I GUESS it's real..."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

alnilam posted:

So in "Big Wind" we have (a) giant companies who profit no matter what kind of electricity we make, and (b) specialized companies that are by no means "big."
Big Wind, everybody.

There are a number of wealthy industrialist types who have thrown their money and lobbying into getting a transition to wind power. One of the better-known (and thus less successful) magnates was T Boone Pickens. Because he did a lousy job of promoting his plans (including putting his name all over them) he got oppo'd way too fast and wound up backing out. He's entirely into natural gas now. That said, other, savvier venture capitalists, with the funds to promote alternative energy, are likely involved with wind and solar power development.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I honestly wonder when the Right will finally admit that global warming is a real thing. How far will things have t go before they finally go "Okay...I GUESS it's real..."

It's going to take a while, because the "Right" isn't actually a monolithic bloc. The lower-information voters in their base were fed climate skepticism fro a long time, so they can be leveraged as a wedge against Republican politicians who acknowledge climate change. This means that a series of internal power struggles have to be decided and the internal messaging systems of conservative groups have to move away from the global warming denial message and find a new course that can unify the base. That process of primarying, etc, has already begun, but climate change denialism is so strong that it will take years to get on a new messaging track.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 8, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Discendo Vox posted:

There are a number of wealthy industrialist types who have thrown their money and lobbying into getting a transition to wind power. One of the better-known (and thus less successful) magnates was T Boone Pickens. Because he did a lousy job of promoting his plans (including putting his name all over them) he got oppo'd way too fast and wound up backing out. He's entirely into natural gas now. That said, other, savvier venture capitalists, with the funds to promote alternative energy, are likely involved with wind and solar power development.

It's going to take a while, because the "Right" isn't actually a monolithic bloc. The lower-information voters in their base were fed climate skepticism fro a long time, so they can be leveraged as a wedge against Republican politicians who acknowledge climate change. This means that a series of internal power struggles have to be decided and the internal messaging systems of conservative groups have to move away from the global warming denial message and find a new course that can unify the base. That process of primarying, etc, has already begun, but climate change denialism is so strong that it will take years to get on a new messaging track.

Yeah like I'm not surprised that a number of VCs are interested in solar/wind power. It's a high buy-in to set up the facilities but once you're there your only operating overhead is maintenance. I am however still shocked by people who are vehemently against the idea of environmentally friendly things.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Am I the only one bugged that a polar bear is talking to a Penguin? Because if I am then yes I realize I am being a gigantic :spergin: about how Polar Bears only live in the North Pole and Penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They aren't in the same panels, maybe they are skyping.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I agree that plenty of VCs are into it, but do you think they have the kind of lobbying money that established, enormous, international fossil fuel companies have? (Not to mention industries that are not in the fossil fuel business per se but burn them nonetheless, a category with many very large and powerful members.)

I guess the difference is people like T Boone Pickens go out of their way to put on a public face, and they are promoting something outside of the status quo. So it's very noticeable to the public that some rich guy is promoting wind energy.
On the other side, oil/coal/gas companies are pretty drat huge and established*, and they're promoting something that is already the status quo.

So if you were someone like, oh I dunno, Eric Allie, and you didn't know much better and were already looking for reasons to hate wind energy, you could around you and say "big money is trying to force us to switch to wind arghghhh" because it has a more public face and it challenges the status quo of energy production. But I really don't think "Big Wind" is even in the same league as fossil energy lobbying, and depending on how you define "big" it's not even a thing at all, as it's much more decentralized (many small-ish venture players rather than several enormous international energy companies).

*though interestingly, coal producers themselves have not been doing well, but that doesn't mean they're not still enormous and powerful

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't this thread use to have a gif of Barack Obama stamping on the constitution? It really was something special.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's in last year's OP.

e: VVV Yeah, I was planning on linking it, but...archives. Maybe we'll be able to search them properly?

(we will never be able to properly search archives)

hexwren fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Allen Wren posted:

It's in last year's OP.

Which is currently inaccessible since the archives are down for some reason.

• Locked thread