Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

triplexpac posted:

I bought a RYBACK RULES shirt for $5 to use up some of my $25 WWE shop gift card, it was a 5 star purchase.

I would buy ten of these and then an additional four from a flea market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Psycho Mantits posted:

Not wanting to advertise yourself as a wrestling fan is dumb, because unless you're still in middle or high school literally nobody gives a poo poo about that sort of thing.

This is Not True but I admire your optimism

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
In the 90s I had Bret Hart, Stone Cold and Misawa (ebay $40, probably a bootleg) shirts. All were pretty minimal and none had poo poo on the back. Of course things were a lot different at 18 years old than they are in my early 30s and I wouldn't be caught dead in any modern WWE shirt because most of them are embarrassing as gently caress. The only people I see in wrestling shirts are fat goony dudes in trilbys and children so I don't think either are great ideas.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I look down on adults wearing gaudy wrestling shirts in public. Especially when it's a Miz shirt (I have seen this).

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Mob posted:

"My best friend is a cop and he wears dumb manchild poo poo in public and I don't question any part of that at all" is a very compelling argument thank you.

What's there to question? Guy wears what he wears, why should I give a poo poo?

epitasis posted:

This is Not True but I admire your optimism

What situations have you been in where people have actually given you poo poo for wearing a wrestling shirt in public? I've worn shirts on campus, at restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. and I've gotten maybe two comments ever from people, both also wrestling fans.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My BFF hates wrestling and I showed him the clip of Big Show and Bork Laser breaking the ring with a superplex and he thought it was awesome.

Superplex theory +1.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Psycho Mantits posted:

What situations have you been in where people have actually given you poo poo for wearing a wrestling shirt in public? I've worn shirts on campus, at restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. and I've gotten maybe two comments ever from people, both also wrestling fans.

I don't wear wrestling shirts and also it's not like I'm suggesting people are going to throw tomatoes at you. but if you don't think you're being judged then you're really naive. don't care if you want but don't think not caring affects people's perception, not everyone is as enlightened as you

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

epitasis posted:

I don't wear wrestling shirts and also it's not like I'm suggesting people are going to throw tomatoes at you. but if you don't think you're being judged then you're really naive. don't care if you want but don't think not caring affects people's perception, not everyone is as enlightened as you

People can think what they like - I have no doubt that they do - but if they don't say anything to me then their opinions are of no concern. I'm not trying to come off as more enlightened or anything, I really just thought "wear what you like and don't worry what other people think" was common sense.

Anyway, this is all getting pretty off-topic.

So, superplexes are cool, but what about superbombs? Did anyone other than Chris Candido use the superbomb as a finish, or even just as a regular move?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Superplexes and other such moves are fun, but they never finish matches so it's hard to buy them as a nearfall.

Unless it's the Pepsi Plunge, top rope AA, etc., those ones can end the match.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would wager a guess that most people who are the sort to judge you over a wrestling shirt would have absolutely no clue who anyone on that shirt you're wearing actually is, let alone that they're a wrestler.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I judge everyone who wears a wrestling shirt.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I work out and hike in my purple Macho Man shirt. It inspires me to get into as macho a condition as I can (without stimulants or PEDs)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kennel posted:

I judge everyone who wears a wrestling shirt.

I judge people based on who their shirt is of. All you CM Punkers out there are quitters in my book!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shima Honnou posted:

I judge people based on who their shirt is of. All you CM Punkers out there are quitters in my book!

I think I still have a he who shall not be named shirt. Don't be hard :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

I think I still have a he who shall not be named shirt. Don't be hard :ohdear:

Voldemort completely killed his own heat when he agreed to do the job to that baby.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Superplexes and other such moves are fun, but they never finish matches so it's hard to buy them as a nearfall.

They really should finish matches, though. Superplexes are awesome & look like one of the people involved should've broken something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Regrettable posted:

They really should finish matches, though. Superplexes are awesome & look like one of the people involved should've broken something.

Like the DDT, the superplex used to be a finisher (it was Bob Orton's, in fact).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Voldemort completely killed his own heat when he agreed to do the job to that baby.

That baby made a lot of people a lot of money.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Like the DDT, the superplex used to be a finisher (it was Bob Orton's, in fact).

Really? I always thought it was the Cast Lariat or whatever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

It bugs me a bit that the DDT isn't a valid finishing move anymore. IMO it has everything you want in a good finisher. It can come out of nowhere, it looks great, it's pretty safe and because it uses a front facelock there's a bunch of ways to counter it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

triplexpac posted:

I can't remember an Avalanche version of a Finisher not winning a match in the WWE, barring Taker @ Mania, where typically eighty finishers are involved.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Who on the current roster are considered the safest and least safe workers?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wouldn't mind somebody in the main event bringing back the implant DDT, it looks great when it has a bit of snap to it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

magnum_valentino posted:

Kane is the safest. :ironicat:

Unsafe is a spectrum. Big E and Kofi might bust you open, but Brodus has been pulled from shows for being dangerous and Ryback is iffy. Cena hurt The Rock twice, but that's a 40 year old juicer (allegedly) not in perfect ring shape.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

magnum_valentino posted:

Heath Slater is actually quite safe. When Nexus was feuding with Idiots, he was the guy Bret Hart chose to work with, on account of his ability to sell like a maniac.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

St Evan Echoes posted:

It bugs me a bit that the DDT isn't a valid finishing move anymore. IMO it has everything you want in a good finisher. It can come out of nowhere, it looks great, it's pretty safe and because it uses a front facelock there's a bunch of ways to counter it.

The cutter is still a finisher and it hits all those boxes. Front facelock, comes out of nowhere, safe, and looks like you killed the guy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The cutter is in no way a finisher in the same league as the DDT, the greatest finisher of all time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

The cutter is in no way a finisher in the same league as the DDT, the greatest finisher of all time.

the ddt isn't even a finisher though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

It could be if you are a Diva!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

oatgan posted:

Jake the Snake Roberts would like to have a word with you.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jay 2K Winger posted:

And Raven.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

And Drew MacIntyre and sometimes Mick Foley and a lot of folks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Is he that guy that doesn't wrestle anymore?

MRT already covered divas

projecthalaxy posted:

And Drew MacIntyre and sometimes Mick Foley and a lot of folks.
modified moves don't count!

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 14, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quote not edit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

It could be if you are a Diva!

Uh that's no mere DDT, it's called girlbye.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Did Mean Gene ever interview Ric Flair in the WWE, post-WCW era? I was looking for a "MEEEAAAN WOOO BY GAWD GEENE" clip from a Raw or Smackdown and sadly couldn't find one.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Was there really any good Undertaker matches during the Biker/American Badass era except the Jeff Hardy ladder match and maybe some of the Angle ones?

I don't remember watching him during that era and liking any of it all that much. Not like the Streak matches since he returned to the Deadman gimmick.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Was there really any good Undertaker matches during the Biker/American Badass era except the Jeff Hardy ladder match and maybe some of the Angle ones?

vs. Triple H at Mania 17 and vs. Ric Flair at Mania 18 are both good, though the latter is pretty sloppy at times. The triple threat with him, Rock and Angle from Vengeance '02 is very good, and his Hell in a Cell with Brock from No Mercy '02 is excellent.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Jetfire posted:

Did Mean Gene ever interview Ric Flair in the WWE, post-WCW era? I was looking for a "MEEEAAAN WOOO BY GAWD GEENE" clip from a Raw or Smackdown and sadly couldn't find one.

Not really. I don't recall Gene showing up on WWE TV after WM17 except a ppv cameo here or there and his hosting of Confidential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

magnum_valentino posted:

What would you guys say the best year for PPVs is? I'd lean towards 2000 myself, probably because it's when I started watching, but also because Rumble, NWO, Backlash, Fully Loaded, Summerslam and Armageddon all stand out in my memory as great shows. Only one off the top of my head I can say for sure wasn't good was Wrestlemania, and it even had a couple of great matches.

2002, last time I watched through it, was also very good.

2001 is way better, even though the storylines were awful. Not really a bad show all year. I thought 2002 was a pretty bad year outside of Survivor Series and 1 or 2 decent shows. WM18 is a long, bad Raw with Rock vs Hogan