Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
outy
Aug 27, 2004

Did a Canadian UFC not sell-out in the presales once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

outy posted:

UFC 129 did

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
:getin: UFC Fight Night 42 GDT: Half Price on Angel Wings at Hobby Lobby :getin:

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 5, 2014

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

My title was way better

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Would Jones be a competitive at HW if he went up by not cutting weight (he probably weighs like 230?)

He'd be kinda fast for the Silvas and Nelsons, but I don't know how well he'd do against Barnett in the clinch or whether his silly striking would work against Juniors crisper boxing.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Cain would murder Jon Jones

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
And Junior would destroy him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fat Twitter Man posted:

My title was way better

it was, but it was also way too long.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

outy posted:

It's happened a bunch of times.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

niethan posted:

Would Jones be a competitive at HW if he went up by not cutting weight (he probably weighs like 230?)

He'd be kinda fast for the Silvas and Nelsons, but I don't know how well he'd do against Barnett in the clinch or whether his silly striking would work against Juniors crisper boxing.
he'd still have a reach advantage over a lot of guys. i don't know how well his clinch work would hold up against stronger fellas but he manhandled vladdy. he could beat a lot of guys, and there would be some interesting fights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Jon Jones would submit Travis Browne and then I'd pretty much have to be a fan

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Jones vs Overeem please.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

ChampRamp posted:

UFC 129 did

And that was 55 000 seats. But I got mine!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jones vs lesnar

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Mir beat up Jones in an elevator

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

1st AD posted:

Jones vs Overeem please.

Speaking of:

quote:

@rkruck 41m
@Alistairovereem begins training @JacksonsMMA he talks about his new home & return to the UFC Friday

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Bundt Cake posted:

Mir beat up Jones in an elevator

trigger warning next time, please

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Random question, but I've been thinking of getting a bobblehead for my office desk and just recently found out about the Round 5 figures. Some of the ones from the older series are pretty cheap online and having a 6" Chael or Maia on my desk might suppress the feelings of existential nausea that come from my 8:30-5 job. Anyone here have one and can attest to their value for money?

The guy who makes them sadly has never produced a Mark Hunt figure, for which I encourgae you to berate him on Twitter (@round5figures)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Are you seriously asking about the quality of gimmick mma action figures dude? Walk into a dollar store and you'll find a bunch of them that cost nothing. I have a Wandy sitting on my desk that cost two dollars.

Do I feel like I wasted my two dollars? No.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

attackmole posted:

Are you seriously asking about the quality of gimmick mma action figures dude? Walk into a dollar store and you'll find a bunch of them that cost nothing. I have a Wandy sitting on my desk that cost two dollars.

Do I feel like I wasted my two dollars? No.

Make sure you don't put any English documents near it, you'll never see it again.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Panama Red posted:

Random question, but I've been thinking of getting a bobblehead for my office desk and just recently found out about the Round 5 figures. Some of the ones from the older series are pretty cheap online and having a 6" Chael or Maia on my desk might suppress the feelings of existential nausea that come from my 8:30-5 job. Anyone here have one and can attest to their value for money?

The guy who makes them sadly has never produced a Mark Hunt figure, for which I encourgae you to berate him on Twitter (@round5figures)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

Jones vs Overeem please.

Jones vs JDS would be a legit interesting fight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Trast posted:

Jones vs JDS would be a legit interesting fight.

Interesting in that I would be interested in seeing Junior Dos Santos beat the living poo poo out of an overconfident, tubby Jon Jones, absolutely

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Maybe if Jones blinds him JDS can patch things up with his ex-wife

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My best case scenario is Jones is forced into the Gus fight, loses, moves up to heavyweight so as never to fight the bad man again, gets Struve for his return fight, loses that and I laugh forever.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

MassRafTer posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned but you can now switch from a monthly subscription on Fight Pass to six months or yearly commitments. If you do six months it is $8.99 per month and $7.99 for a year. I'm not quite sure how you can update your subscription without outright canceling it, but that's a great deal.

Hey thanks for posting this, because that option is not intuitive at all to find unless you know it's already there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Street Horrrsing posted:

Hey thanks for posting this, because that option is not intuitive at all to find unless you know it's already there.

It took me five minutes before I realized I had to sign out to find the prices.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm debating doing a yearly subscription with that discount. I know when UFC puts on Rosholt vs Potts next January I'll regret it but for now that could be worth it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm debating doing a yearly subscription with that discount. I know when UFC puts on Rosholt vs Potts next January I'll regret it but for now that could be worth it.

It's $25 in savings so if you were going to keep Fight Pass 10 months a year it is worth it. Let's face it most of us are lazy fucks and will just leave it auto renewing months past the point we want to cancel so we're better off yearly.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Invicta is going to be airing on fightpass from now on

http://invictafc.com/ufc-fight-pass-signs-historic-content-deal-with-invicta-fc/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I LOVE YOU FIGHT PASS.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
This is cool news to super huge nerds, such as: Me.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

This is cool.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So now that they're kind of an official feeder league, do we discuss them in the UFC thread?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

quote:

He added: “UFC FIGHT PASS already has subscribers in over 155 countries, which is a huge platform the Invicta athletes. Invicta fighters are now sharing the same stage as elite UFC fighters like Alexander Gustafson, Conor McGregor, Cung Le and Michael Bisping. For any UFC fans that haven’t seen these women compete before – I guarantee they will be blown away when they see what Invicta is all about.”

One of these is not like the others

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Just when I was thinking about canceling my Fight Pass account, the UFC had to go ahead on do something like this, and make me really want to cancel my fight pass acccount

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

canoshiz posted:

One of these is not like the others

Please don't be racist.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Jones-Gust 2 Sept 27

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

Jones-Gust 2 Sept 27

Couldn't train, my brother got married

quote:

"I think Cormier is the tougher fighter, but the fans want to see me fight Gustafsson. There was never an issue with taking the Gustafsson fight," Jones said. "The issue was that my brother is getting married in July and I would have preferred a later date. I didn't want to go this early and I would have preferred to go later in October or November. It is what it is. We have a date now, Sept 27th. This was a personal decision for me. I will be at my brother's wedding and have a proper training camp."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

ChampRamp posted:

Jones-Gust 2 Sept 27

Jones is going to ruin my birthday. gently caress.

• Locked thread