Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, broken in that way. She does seem to be able to take down large groups of enemies easily, and Phoenix Form never really ever runs out if you want to stay in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah my most geared character is Jean and she is really strong. I can just sit in all sorts of poo poo in Cosmic Terminals without dying and if I do mess up and get killed I just come back to life anyway. I am really glad I picked her up as my second hero because its pretty easy to gear up my other 60s by teleporting through cosmic terminals and killing guys for the chest spawns and dropping the boss down to 10% hp with Jean and then switching over to the guy I want gear on to finish the boss and open all the chests.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I'd buy Sunspot because the Sienkiewicz/Claremont New Mutants run is my favourite Marvel comics. I'd also buy Cypher.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If I was going to get hype about a DOFP scrub-tier mutant, I'd want Blink and I'd want her powers to be exactly as confusing and questionably useful as they were in the movie

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

If I was going to get hype about a DOFP scrub-tier mutant, I'd want Blink and I'd want her powers to be exactly as confusing and questionably useful as they were in the movie

I want 99% of her skills to be her opening a portal and some other character punches/lasers/missiles/guns/whatevers through it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I want 99% of her skills to be her opening a portal and some other character punches/lasers/missiles/guns/whatevers through it.

She's Doctor Strange but instead of the WINDS OF VISHANTI or whatever you just open portals out from which fly various X-Men.

I would buy the gently caress out of this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

She's Doctor Strange but instead of the WINDS OF VISHANTI or whatever you just open portals out from which fly various X-Men.

I would buy the gently caress out of this.
This would actually be amazing

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Here, have a Jean guide or something:

Artifacts:
Power Prism Shard
Advanced Metasensory Array
Ziggurat of Kargul
Danger/Black Tom/AIM Dispenser

Medallion: Doc Ock
Legendary: Gungnir
Relic: Lemuria/Atlantis/Subterranea
Uru: Defense + Viking's Vitality

Gear:
Slot 1: Destroyer Energy Rifle > Dragonfang > Death Seed >>> Gloves of the Twelve
Slot 2: Crest of the Black Phoenix
Slot 3: Golden Sash of the Cosmic Entity
Slot 4: Hydra Repulsor Boots > Shield Meditech Support Boots > Sandals of Hercules/Hand Assassin Ninja Tabi > Cosmic
Slot 5: Revolution's Red Face Mask

Insignia: O'Grady or Kitty Pride

Costume: CDR Affixes with Invuln/HP core.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Toshimo posted:

Here, have a Jean guide or something:

This should definitely go into the OP instead of "she's broken, don't play." It's not like she's any more boring than Cyclops.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Jusupov posted:

LOGIN TO GET YOUR KEY!
Total keys: 2,000 - Remaining keys 4

Oh man

Alright I still don't understand where to log in

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nevar forget:

1) Who is your favorite hero in game right now? Also, who do you not like the most in this?
Maybe Lady Invisibile. Dr. Steve Stranger is the worst.

2) Favorite power in the game? Also, favorite ultimate?
Favourite power is THE CRUSHER
Best ultimate is Sweet Christmas because the graphics are incredible.

3) Top 3 most anticipated heroes in the game, whether they are announced or unannounced?
Mrs Marvel, Darkwing Duck and Martial Man Hunter

4) Favorite villain to fight in game right now? Most anticipated villain to fight in game?
Favourite villain to fight is probably sentinel.
I'd like to see Galactic man, Owl man, Wood woman

5) Top 2 favorite items in the game? What do you find is the worst item in the game?
Tippy Toe and Nutsy the Squirrel. Worst is every Steve Stranger item because he is a terrible man.

6) Most anticipated feature you want to see in the game?
Something that tells me what hero other people are playing.

7) Favorite costume in the game? Also, what costume do you most want to see in game?
I'd like to see a halloween costume

8) Favorite level/area of the game?
Xdef

9) Biggest gripe about the game?
There's sometimes too many colours and nothing makes sense.

10) What area/level/event would you most want to see in the game?
Renaissance era France would be cool.

11) Think fast--a radioactive Any-Hero unique has bitten you. It hurts so bad but you are now imbued with so much power. What hero needs you the most and what slot are you going in?
I turn into Tony's cockring

Long live Wood Woman.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

THE CRUSHER is pretty great. Good list.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Eiffel On You posted:

This but completely serious, sometimes I find it REALLY HARD to keep track of bosses and poo poo on the screen. That's after I turned off other player's particles.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tsurupettan posted:

This but completely serious, sometimes I find it REALLY HARD to keep track of bosses and poo poo on the screen. That's after I turned off other player's particles.
That doesn't help when you're playing as Dr. Stoven Stringer

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Legendary Buttes posts up in this place.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Tsurupettan posted:

I often cannot tell my Scarlet Witch's Chaos Warp and a boss' Missile Deflection field apart. Yes, I am fully aware that your hero is always in the middle of the screen. No, that doesn't help.

Edit: I have RIPed more than once because I thought I was Chaos Warp-ing when I was not.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm pretty good at keeping track of stuff on screen except for my mouse pointer. I lose track of my pointer all the drat time.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Tsurupettan posted:

Have you turned on life bar over bosses? That probably helps. I actually hadn't realized it could help this issue until now so I haven't tried it myself.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm pretty good at keeping track of stuff on screen except for my mouse pointer. I lose track of my pointer all the drat time.

Yeah, me too. It doesn't help that I'm standing close to a large TV instead of sitting at a desk of course but still.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Disco Bandit posted:

I often cannot tell my Scarlet Witch's Chaos Warp and a boss' Missile Deflection field apart. Yes, I am fully aware that your hero is always in the middle of the screen. No, that doesn't help.

Edit: I have RIPed more than once because I thought I was Chaos Warp-ing when I was not.

Missile Deflection is the best boss effect because I always know where he is! :pseudo:

AzraelNewtype posted:

Have you turned on life bar over bosses? That probably helps. I actually hadn't realized it could help this issue until now so I haven't tried it myself.

This is genius and I will try it.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Tsurupettan posted:

You arent using the force properly.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
1) Who is your favorite hero in game right now? Also, who do you not like the most in this?
moon knight, kate bishop

gruesome frenzy, gruesome frenzy

3) Top 3 most anticipated heroes in the game, whether they are announced or unannounced?
moon knight, moon knight, moon knight

4) Favorite villain to fight in game right now? Most anticipated villain to fight in game?
moon knight, moon knight

5) Top 2 favorite items in the game? What do you find is the worst item in the game?
moon knight, moon knight

more moon knight skins

7) Favorite costume in the game? Also, what costume do you most want to see in game?
moon knight

moon knight

not enough moons

the moon

11) Think fast--a radioactive Any-Hero unique has bitten you. It hurts so bad but you are now imbued with so much power. What hero needs you the most and what slot are you going in?
1000 moons slot five moon knight

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Still looking for a post 2015 Rocket Raccoon build, granted I'm having more fun playing as Hulk or Colossus... for now.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Man, I love Rocket Raccoon! He's the first shooty-type character I really like. The actual shooting still feels weak, but it doesn't matter because I have gun turrets and Groot. I've mostly been following Pyronic's build from the OP but it looks like that and Lux's are both from before some kind of mini-rework he got? I have items that grant Stun Grenade and Energy Barrage and they both help with clearing big mobs at my level (10 right now, I only played him for like 30 minutes last night).

My only problem is that I really recognize Steve Blum's voice now, and I'm getting a little tired of him being every other person in the Marvel universe. You guys with 1000+ hours in the game must feel like you're married to him.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ Didn't see you there before I posted, so don't think I was responding to you. I have no idea what I'm doing with the furry little thing so I'd love to see some new builds too.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 18, 2014

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I have to say I've been yancy street thuggin for a minute now but I have seen the Moon and it's real hard to go back

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Parachute Underwear posted:

I have to say I've been yancy street thuggin for a minute now but I have seen the Moon and it's real hard to go back

I am getting tired of hearing the Thing brag about how bad Yancy Street is, in the middle of all these cities / streets where bad guys are literally swarming the streets. Yeah, I'm sure Yancy Street is totally worse then Hell's Kitchen, or apparently Midtown even, Ben.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Solvency posted:

I am getting tired of hearing the Thing brag about how bad Yancy Street is, in the middle of all these cities / streets where bad guys are literally swarming the streets. Yeah, I'm sure Yancy Street is totally worse then Hell's Kitchen, or apparently Midtown even, Ben.

When Daredevil runs into Thing he says "You want me to patrol Yancy street, Ben? Even I'm not that fearless." and it makes me :rolleyes: every time.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Solvency posted:

Boy do I have the comic for you

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 18, 2014

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pimpmust posted:

Oh my god this is perfect.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002

Solvency posted:

"Hey Magneto! You think Auschwitz was tough? I grew up on Yancy Street!"

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Zombie Samurai posted:

Man, I love Rocket Raccoon! He's the first shooty-type character I really like. The actual shooting still feels weak, but it doesn't matter because I have gun turrets and Groot. I've mostly been following Pyronic's build from the OP but it looks like that and Lux's are both from before some kind of mini-rework he got? I have items that grant Stun Grenade and Energy Barrage and they both help with clearing big mobs at my level (10 right now, I only played him for like 30 minutes last night).

My only problem is that I really recognize Steve Blum's voice now, and I'm getting a little tired of him being every other person in the Marvel universe. You guys with 1000+ hours in the game must feel like you're married to him.

Gunner RR build for 2015: 50+% crit 40+% brutal 0 fucks

Groot
BFG
Gravity Mine
Procyonid Senses
Burrowing Escape
Shrewd Dude

10 def screen

Variable points-
Energy Barrage
*Suppression Turret
Blaster Turret
*Quick Shot

Slot 1/5 are his uniques, 2 is doc ock arms, 3 is shield systems recon belt, 4 is hydra boots/tabis or +bfg cosmic with hp/spirit

Gibborim or atlantis relic
Rots runeword in a def uru
CCR for legendary

GoK/Black Tom's/ HoD/ PPS/ Zig/shi'ar/skrull targeting/ all with helas
Doc Ock medallion
CDR costume with hp on medkit and 2sec invluln

Drop groot, drop mine, drop bfg, drop dudes

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 18, 2014

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Pimpmust posted:

Amazing! Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by his lines.

I wonder if the comics ever have him going back to Yancy Street and finding that it's been gentrified and is now full of hipster coffee shops and stuff.

"Yeah, Ben, Yancy street sure is bad, they charge like $7 for my Mocha Frappuccino"

Invader Zym posted:

"Hey Magneto! You think Auschwitz was tough? I grew up on Yancy Street!"

He obviously won't last 5 minutes on Yancy Street either.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Pimpmust posted:

Hawkeye #1

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
You forgot the last page there, which wraps it all up!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Counterpoint: he can cosplay as a log.

Max: Ricochet Blast, Concussive Force, Uncanny Focus, Precision Combat, Pick one(Channeled Blast, Optic Barrage)
One point: Combat Roll, Side Roll, Rallying Command
Optionally One Point: Veteran Command, Tactical Command

Dump the rest of your points in whatever you want because you won't even use half the skills above. pewpewbounce4life.

Optic Devastation is pretty good for holosim and other huge-crowd situations since it's a half-the-screen AoE. Since the extra 31 points were added it's an easy pick-up.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Eiffel On You posted:

Nevar forget:

Maybe Lady Invisibile. Dr. Steve Stranger is the worst.

Favourite power is THE CRUSHER
Best ultimate is Sweet Christmas because the graphics are incredible.

Mrs Marvel, Darkwing Duck and Martial Man Hunter

Favourite villain to fight is probably sentinel.
I'd like to see Galactic man, Owl man, Wood woman

Tippy Toe and Nutsy the Squirrel. Worst is every Steve Stranger item because he is a terrible man.

Something that tells me what hero other people are playing.

I'd like to see a halloween costume

Xdef

Renaissance era France would be cool.

I turn into Tony's cockring

Long live Wood Woman.

I stand by all my choices :colbert:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I was looking over the background in the 2015 picture and I saw what I thought might be Sunspot in his powered up form with some kirbydots and stuff, however when I blew it up it kind of just looks like a smudge. I guess if you turn your head a bit and squint just right it could be?

I dunno, you can decide.

Edit: this one is a bit enlarged and smoothed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dravs fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Follow the money.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

It's you. You were the special hero all along!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Don't forget that the real answer to the unannounced hero on the splash page was Rogue because Ryolnir forgot she had been announced already.

There isn't anything else, you're all crazy people and you've fallen into Doomsaw's manipulative clutches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Easiest answer is it's Mystique in disguise. No need for any fancy mechanics, just designate her power slots as melee/ranged/basic etc and every time you use a retcon device she gets a random powerset mix from all existing heroes.

Then up the price of retcons to 500g.

• Locked thread