Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Guy A. Person posted:

Haha I love the imagery of Cap getting a contract to literal eliminate Fire Emblem characters from the game by punching them super hard

He's taken so long to reveal because he's been assassinating every other fire emblem character. God knows what he did to Roy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Water-Raccoon posted:

Yeah, this latest trailer kinda sapped my excitement from me. I'm sure they're fine characters in their games but Lucina looks suspiciously cloney and the tactician(is that really his/her name?) doesn't really wow me at all. I think I'll take a break from this for a while. Never had second thoughts on Smash before. :ohdear:

what

are you actually worried about the game as whole because you don't care about two characters on the roster

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Lucina was a Marth clone in Fire Emblem Awakening so

And also this means I can play as Lucina instead of Marth and that's cool.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Doflamingo posted:

More female characters is always good but we are pretty much drowning in sword guys at this point. Doesn't seem like Shulk is such a sure thing anymore, at least.

5.83 isn't all that much. (Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Lucina, half of Robin, a third of Mii Fighter.)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
This reveal stoked the fires of my enthusiasm because Captain Falcon falcon-punched the leaked roster and now anything is possible.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
whoops misread ur post

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Mighty Dicktron posted:

5.83 isn't all that much. (Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Lucina, half of Robin, a third of Mii Fighter.)

Villager gives you another 0.5, but yeah, the point still stands.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Water-Raccoon posted:

Yeah, this latest trailer kinda sapped my excitement from me. I'm sure they're fine characters in their games but Lucina looks suspiciously cloney and the tactician(is that really his/her name?) doesn't really wow me at all. I think I'll take a break from this for a while. Never had second thoughts on Smash before. :ohdear:
Seriously? Two characters that you don't personally care about get revealed and suddenly you're having second thoughts?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
People are getting really weird itt about this trailer.

A single trailer which showed two new characters that haven't been predicted by any leak, and confirmed Captain 'motherfuckin' Falcon's return, is bad.

gently caress it, if I was Sakurai I'd basically refuse to release the game out of spite if this was the reaction I got.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Zore posted:

People are getting really weird itt about this trailer.

A single trailer which showed two new characters that haven't been predicted by any leak, and confirmed Captain 'motherfuckin' Falcon's return, is bad.

gently caress it, if I was Sakurai I'd basically refuse to release the game out of spite if this was the reaction I got.

But see anime therefore smash is ruined and this game will suck

What I'm saying is goons and goon-likes are loving terrible and stupid.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

People still caring a lot about characters that aren't stealing slots from other characters

LaserBaconMan posted:

But see anime therefore smash is ruined and this game will suck
They really need to put in more Western nintendo characters like [FILE NOT FOUND]

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I wish the female characters' faces would come in styles other than Peach, Villager or Generic Female. what they did to ZSS was a big step backwards but I feel like we've had that conversation already.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

They really need to put in more Western nintendo characters like [FILE NOT FOUND]
Chunky Kong.

Also Lucina and Robin's faces are exactly the same as they are in their official art so.

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LaserBaconMan posted:

Together we Move, Together we Move, Together we Move

How the hell does a character announcement in a game that will most likely have over 40 characters sap away your excitement? :psyduck:

In fact, this may be the dumbest loving post in the thread so far, and this thread has had plenty of dumb posts.

Because this means Chorus Men from the leak are probably gone, along with Shulk(admittedly, I don't really care about him). The Sneaky Spirit might just be a Brawl-Era Animal Crossing stage. Representation without playability. Granted, empty speculation, but it hurts to go from 100% certainty to 0%.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I guess, although Meta Knight is all but guaranteed to return and we still don't know what's up with Shulk.

Water-Raccoon posted:

Because this means Chorus Men from the leak are probably gone, along with Shulk(admittedly, I don't really care about him). The Sneaky Spirit might just be a Brawl-Era Animal Crossing stage. Representation without playability. Granted, empty speculation, but it hurts to go from 100% certainty to 0%.

The leaker said in his defense that he confused Shulk with Robin and that he never knew the full roster from the onset. Basically nobody knows what the gently caress at this point.

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 14, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Adam Jensen
didn't ask for this!

Raserys posted:

He's taken so long to reveal because he's been assassinating every other fire emblem character. God knows what he did to Roy...

Stuffed him in a fridge (by punching him really hard) :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Water-Raccoon posted:

It was just a random guess to begin with. Your fault for assuming it had to be true because it got a few things right. I mean, I can get being disappointed if you wanted the Chorus Men in and now it seems like it's in doubt, but that isn't really Robin and Lucina's fault or anything. Iunno, you're still being kinda weird.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

gently caress this, just a clone, go to hell sakurai eeeaaauugh

e: Replace every character with Lucina, thank you

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Water-Raccoon posted:

Supposed leaks on the internet are never going to be 100% certainties, don't be silly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Water-Raccoon posted:

I can't tell how many people actually played Rhythm Heaven because the chorus men were like one minigame in a game full of different minigames/characters

Also if Chorus Men were in the game their hitbox would be like Ridley's

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

This game clearly needs more Western appeal to balance out the stench that all this anime has left on my precious video game where my Gorilla-Tie man punches Giant-Head Boy in the face.

Sakurai, please add Ke$ha and Toby Kieth to Smash Bros to return balance to the force.

PS gently caress Goku.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Water-Raccoon posted:

Granted, empty speculation, but it hurts to go from 100% certainty to 0%.

Being 100% certain about what a game has before it comes out seems to me like a very bad move.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Water-Raccoon posted:

They could just have a more interesting Rhythm Heaven character planned than Fat Head White Thing.

Come on, flex wrestler. Now's your big chance!

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Does it matter if the leak is true or not at this point? There's only two left on it. Shulk is probably still in the game, his hopes never really rode on the Gematsu Leak or not. It's really just a 'Are Chorus Men in the game yes/no' thing at this point.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Bee posted:

They could just have a more interesting Rhythm Heaven character planned than Fat Head White Thing.

Come on, flex wrestler. Now's your big chance!
wubbadubbadub is that true

WHOA YOU GO BIG GUY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This game clearly needs more Western appeal to balance out the stench that all this anime has left on my precious video game where my Gorilla-Tie man punches Giant-Head Boy in the face.

Sakurai, please add Ke$ha and Toby Kieth to Smash Bros to return balance to the force.

PS gently caress Goku.

LARRY THE CABLE GUY
Gits-r-done!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

sharrrk posted:

sakurai, i beg of you, please do it for me. give me a chance, to be happy...

Wait, I'm confused...I thought you were asking for Shulk, not Shadow.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Water-Raccoon posted:

I'm not like upset about it, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
With the exception of Star Fox every franchise brings in a set of wholly unique characters in terms of style and interaction, and here we get two more wholly uninteresting :circlefap:SWORD:circlefap: characters from Fire Emblem.

I know that they have unique abilities between one another but it's just not something the game thematically needs more of when we're used to wildly unique "related" entries like Kirby and Dedede or Mario and Peach.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spatula City posted:

Can we talk about how it seems like Nintendo has made a deliberate effort to include more female characters (and/or female skins for characters)?

They should have had Brittany as an alternate skin for Olimar, I don't understand why they didn't considering they did do it for the Wii Fit Trainer, AC Villager, etc.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

wubbadubbadub is that true

WHOA YOU GO BIG GUY

Yeah who would even want the loving chorus men when you can have interview wrestler. (the reporter would literally follow him in-game and ask questions as part of his moveset)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If any characters from Rhythm Heaven were to get in, it should be the Donk Donk guys.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Water-Raccoon posted:

Who gives a poo poo, it's just a game. Nothing to get worked up about.

Edit: Why am I even posting in this forum then

LaserBaconMan fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 14, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

less laughter posted:

They should have had Brittany as an alternate skin for Olimar, I don't understand why they didn't considering they did do it for the Wii Fit Trainer, AC Villager, etc.
We don't know they didn't, yet. I mean, it took them a while to reveal female villager and all, and they still haven't explained what was up with the Dark Pit tease in Palutena's trailer.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

less laughter posted:

Because the Wii Fit Trainers are both "Wii Fit Trainer", but Brittany isn't Olimar. None of the costumes announced so far change the character's name or identity, and it's doubtful that any will.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Strange Quark posted:

Supposed leaks on the internet are never going to be 100% certainties, don't be silly.

Yeah seriously, I didn't believe the leak but the whole appeal of it was that it guessed a bunch of poo poo right because they were educated guesses. And the one he ultimately got wrong was the main character in a game from which two other characters were revealed today.

That being said I didn't realize the Chorus Men were in a single mini-game from Rhythm Heaven so they are probably a long shot.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

If any characters from Rhythm Heaven were to get in, it should be the Donk Donk guys.

No.

It should be Karate Man.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

I can't tell how many people actually played Rhythm Heaven because the chorus men were like one minigame in a game full of different minigames/characters

Also if Chorus Men were in the game their hitbox would be like Ridley's

I thought the leak was supposed to be for the Choir Boy characters from Rhythm Heaven, not the tap dancer troupe characters from Rhythm Heaven Fever. The Choir Boy characters have appeared more than once maybe I think?

And yes if a Rhythm Heaven character gets in, I'd vote for Flexing Wrestler or Karate Man over anyone else

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Water-Raccoon posted:

Granted, empty speculation, but it hurts to go from
100% certainty
to 0%.

what

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

We don't know they didn't, yet.

Yes we do, Sakurai flat out stated she won't be playable but just a trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

majormonotone posted:

No.

It should be Karate Man.

Baby oh~
I'm just a man!
Missing you,
Please Understand!

• Locked thread