Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tezzor posted:

it's alphabetical

You're alphabetical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

MassRafTer posted:

Now that the streak is dead I'm down with Sting vs Undertaker as long as Undertaker is healthy and Sting can take his shirt off before getting in the pool.

I mean I'd really prefer Taker vs. Cena but I also can't think of a better opponent for Sting really.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'd rather see Sting vs. Undertaker than Cena beating Undertaker.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'd rather see Sting vs. Undertaker than Cena beating Undertaker.

I just think it'd be more interesting to see the build-up for Cena vs. Taker, as long as it's more in the vein of Taker stabbing Lesnar at the contract signing, etc. Making Taker back into an actually despicable heel again on his way out would be fantastic.

edit: I'm unclear on what "fantasy booking" actually means and if this conversation qualifies please let me know so I can shut up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It still seems odd to me to have the finish involve Orton attacking Kane, the one guy he should be sucking up to because he's going to try and help you win the belt on Sunday. Add on to that the only thing the injury on Rollins really does is give kayfabe justification for having Ambrose vs. Rollins not happen and why would you ever want that?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Joey McChrist posted:

i am hype for the stinger :wcw:

:hellyeah::hf::wcw:

I'm sure the money and the prestige of the match would be all the motivation Sting needs to get into the best shape he possibly can.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I mean I'd really prefer Taker vs. Cena but I also can't think of a better opponent for Sting really.

Cena vs Undertaker was a really cool and intriguing streak match up because it was hard to believe even Cena would break the streak, but he's Cena. As just a match it doesn't have that kind of intrigue to me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jerusalem posted:

:hellyeah::hf::wcw:

I'm sure the money and the prestige of the match would be all the motivation Sting needs to get into the best shape he possibly can.

If Goldust can do hurricanranas in the year of our lord 2014, I'm sure Sting will take his shirt off before getting in the pool.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I just think it'd be more interesting to see the build-up for Cena vs. Taker, as long as it's more in the vein of Taker stabbing Lesnar at the contract signing, etc. Making Taker back into an actually despicable heel again on his way out would be fantastic.

I'll be honest I think I'd die laughing if they turned Taker heel just to feed him to Cena.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
:swoon: i am such an ambrose mark. if they keep letting him be how he's being i don't care if punk and bryan stay gone forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

edit: I'm unclear on what "fantasy booking" actually means and if this conversation qualifies please let me know so I can shut up.

"I'd like to see Cena vs Taker with Taker as the heel, that would be cool!" isn't fantasy booking.

"Okay here's the deal, so Cena comes out and he's cutting this promo about he's the champ and nobody can beat him, right? Then he goes through a series of matches and beats everybody, and no matter who he beats he just doesn't seem to be happy and he keeps cutting promos about how the champ is only as good as the competition. Finally he has this long drawn out feud with Bad News Barrett who is the only guy can give him pause - it's a great feud, all the matches are really great and the crowd loves them and merchandising is through the roof but Cena still doesn't seem happy. Finally he beats Barrett in the definitive blow-off match and the next night he comes out on Raw and is all,"I've beaten everybody there is and the fact is that it means nothing to me anymore, I no longer have the fire I need to be THE CHAMP, so it is with a heavy heart that I announced my retir-" but THEN the gong sounds and the lights go out. When they come back up, Cena is laid out in the ring and Undertaker is standing over him holding the title. "Not everybody, John!" declares Undertaker,"For you see I am the shepard of lost souls, and yours is a very lost soul indeed! I challenge you for your title, and once I have defeated you, then and only then will I allow you to retire, a beaten cur that I grind beneath my boots!" Taker drops the belt on Cena and leaves, but as the show is going off the air, Cena stirs and looks up and HE'S SMILING and now the crowd know he has refound the spark in his life, the passion to be the best. Thank me later for the idea, WWE :smug:" - THAT is fantasy booking.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Undertaker should still get one more moment in the sun, even if Vince sticks to the old "everyone has to go out on their back" adage. He's the motherfucking Undertaker.

Have him pop up through the ring at Wrestlemania and cost Lesnar the title or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sting getting WWE dollars could get on that TRT Spike would never pop for.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:gbsmith:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

The Miz would be a good guy to throw the IC title on for a bit, I think. He's definitely one of the several guys on the roster who could actually benefit from holding a midcard title. Throwing midcard titles on guys like Sheamus or Cesaro or whatever is pretty pointless.

And I've always liked that DDT.

I can think of maybe one guy in the company right now that uses a DDT as a regular move, who shouldn't be using it as his finisher, and that guy is Dean Ambrose. Dolph and The Miz both use DDT"s that vastly outshine their respective finishes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chris James 2 posted:

Punk's been moved to the Alumni section

RIP

Why do they photoshop the heads to be weird sizes? I mean, it's not just me, is it? Punk's head is too big and Hawkins' head is too small, right?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

remusclaw posted:

I can think of maybe one guy in the company right now that uses a DDT as a regular move, who shouldn't be using it as his finisher, and that guy is Dean Ambrose. Dolph and The Miz both use DDT"s that vastly outshine their respective finishes.

Paige has that wicked Cradle DDT "The Ram-Paige" as a finisher (why are all her move names so good? Except PTO, which should remain the Scorpion Crosslock for all time), and if the one match he's won in the last two years is any indication Heath Slater's finisher is also a DDT.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Why didn't you tweet something like this months ago and kill all the hopes and speculations that you'll be back, you loving rear end in a top hat :argh:

Bah...I'll still miss ya. You got me back into wrestling and although your departure was less than glamorous, you still entertained me to the end.

Godspeed, you abrasive stubborn dickhead. :unsmith:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Emma sighting on Main Event. This the first time she's been on since the incident?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Godspeed, he was too good for WWE.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It's...it's a work? Right? Right? RIGHT? :smithicide:

Edit:

Cena vs. Taker would have been a better build if the streak was still in tact, because Cena was the one guy who everyone thought could feasibly end it. I think without the streak, Taker vs. Sting is a more intriguing matchup.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 16, 2014

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Don't worry. Punk will be back in like 8 years time to feud with corporate Cena.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Funk posted:

It's...it's a work? Right? Right? RIGHT? :smithicide:

Next WWE event in Chicago is RAW on September 29th.

Just saying.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he can update http://cmpunk.livejournal.com with how his donut shop is coming along.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Cena vs. Taker would have been a better build if the streak was still in tact, because Cena was the one guy who everyone thought could feasibly end it. I think without the streak, Taker vs. Sting is a more intriguing matchup.

Doesn't Taker vs. Sting have the opposite effect though? There's no way they'd have Taker lose two in a row, especially against someone primarily known for his WCW career. Taker vs. Cena...welllll.....I'm honestly not sure who would win that one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm glad they seem to be making Big E and Kofi a tag team now.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Welp, my sincere apologies to all goons in the Raw thread that I was trying to correct who thought he was working the injury. Clearly you were right and I don't know anything and I'm a dope. So, my bad. :shobon:

That being said, him working an injury like that still served a dumb purpose.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Doesn't Taker vs. Sting have the opposite effect though? There's no way they'd have Taker lose two in a row, especially against someone primarily known for his WCW career. Taker vs. Cena...welllll.....I'm honestly not sure who would win that one.

Regardless of how good his career actually was, Sting is a huge draw. Personally, I think Taker would go over, but I'm not so sure it's that clear cut now that the streak is over.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Punk alumni'd

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

EugeneJ posted:

Just saying.

Get ready for CM Doink!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Rhonne posted:

Get ready for CM Doink!

Xavier Woods repackaged as CM Funk.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Punk alumni'd

Thanks for the breaking news. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The appeal of Taker and Sting (for me at least) would be seeing the over-the-top theatrics and incredible visuals that the WWE would come up with - the Undead Biker Demon Soul-Collector vs the Silent Avatar of Justice, two icons who for many absolutely represent the two biggest wrestling promotions of all time and have never met in the ring.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Another good Raw. I enjoyed everything (I skipped ADR vs RDV). I hope Rollins is not really hurt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Punk alumni'd

Page late

EugeneJ posted:

Just saying.

Only 2 months and 2 days after his contract expires! (aka it's not happening, get over it, be happy for him etc)

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

It's been a fun ride Punk.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

So do you guys think WWE will finally address the CM Punk situation on RAW this Monday?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vintimus Prime posted:

So do you guys think WWE will finally address the CM Punk situation on RAW this Monday?

Why would they? He's no longer in the company as of Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Outside of a snarky ad-libbed response to a crowd chant by Steph or Hunter? Nope.

• Locked thread