Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sockser posted:

And there's the real big problem: why only push one guy at a time?

If one guy is your major priority for the next several years it is a good idea to give him as much focuses as you can. Especially since both pushes will probably revolve around them being strong big man wrecking machine babyfaces. It's not like they are only pushing one new guy right now since Rusev is getting a huge push too. It's just hard to create two top of the card babyfaces at the same time.

In this case they are dumber for having tried to hold off on the Cesaro turn after WM to try and build it up some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

Suben posted:

Well why would we ever need more than one? I mean what could possibly go wrong? :downs:

*Jack Swagger breaks Reigns's spine*

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Why promote a guy who isn't even on tv right now? Focus on the real draws and household names like John Cena.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Selane posted:

At that point Cena would be elected Only Wrestler Forever and all matches aside from a couple of embarrassing Diva botchfests will be replaced with 3 hours of Cena either going over other people, or just giving long, pointless promos.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Why promote a guy who isn't even on tv right now? Focus on the real draws and household names like John Cena.

Well you see, some people chanted yes at some game somewhere one time, so that means everyone the world over knows and loves Daniel Bryan: Best Little Wrestler Ever (With the neck that just couldn't stop quitting).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Selane posted:

:argh: gently caress you, Hypothetical Jack Swagger!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
PUSH ALL OF THE WRESTLEMANS!

PROBLEM SOLVED

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

dialhforhero posted:

PROBLEM SOLVED

Finally, it's Damien Sandow's time, for he is the one man who could convincingly be all the wrestlemans.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In lucha news, now Mistisincareziz now says gently caress you dad and that he is going to be Myzteziz in AAA and... Sin Cara everywhere else in Mexico. You know, the name WWE made up in the US. Why wouldn't he just be Mistico? Because after he went to WWE, CMLL brought in a new Mistico! Okay, but why wouldn't he just use Myzteziz everywhere? AAA booker Konnan suggests that it is because the guy is, to say the least, not very smart. So now we have two Sin Caras and two Misticos. Lucha is weird.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sandow's plan will come to fruition when he cosplays Cena, loses to Cena, and with Cena having ultimately managed to even go over himself, he rapidoos out of existence.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

dialhforhero posted:

PROBLEM SOLVED

Except Dolph Ziggler.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

In lucha news, now Mistisincareziz now says gently caress you dad and that he is going to be Myzteziz in AAA and... Sin Cara everywhere else in Mexico. You know, the name WWE made up in the US. Why wouldn't he just be Mistico? Because after he went to WWE, CMLL brought in a new Mistico! Okay, but why wouldn't he just use Myzteziz everywhere? AAA booker Konnan suggests that it is because the guy is, to say the least, not very smart. So now we have two Sin Caras and two Misticos. Lucha is weird.

We might get a wicked sick tag match out of this some day. One team wins and keeps their name/mask, the other team is disgraced!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's a good idea not to focus that NBC show on Bryan imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The burial of Triple H continues unabated. First they make him curtain jerk at Mania, then he and his team get clean swept by The Shield, now they're not even screening his match in the NBC special.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If Wrestlemania happened now and Bryan weren't paralyzed from the eyelids down, HHH would have gone over and then Roman Reigns would have beaten him.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Who?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I think he's some guy who gives star ratings to matches or whatever.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shima Honnou posted:

If Wrestlemania happened now and Bryan weren't paralyzed from the eyelids down, HHH would have gone over and then Roman Reigns would have beaten him.
Dang it didn't take long for WM30 to become meaningless to PSP

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's a shame but goddamn there have been so many hours of wrestling since then that Mania feels like it was a decade ago.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

I was rooting for HHH, followed by Batista, during it :getin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wrestlemania 30 was the best Wrestlemania since 24, and I'll long continue to have fond memories of it :allears:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Except Dolph Ziggler.

Somewhere in the halls of the arena, the wrestlers and assorted staff hear a cry echo every so faintly.

Woo, woo, woo...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It wasn't meaningless

Never Forget the 6 pages that immediately popped up after the 3-count in the Brock/Taker match

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I want to go back and read those now.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622852&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=158

ChaosSmurf posted:

I thought for a second that wait what

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Haha, I just did the same thing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't think it's a matter of Mania 30 being meaningless, I think it's the natural extension of Bryan Burial Warning Syndrome that was all over the place for the entirety of the last year. Everyone was convinced Bryan was going to get destroyed at every step of road for every reason possible, and after he finally got through all of that only to immediately get injured everyone is automatically assuming the worst and trying to emotionally detach.

I personally can't wait for Bryan to return from his injury to a Jesus Pop just like Triple H did and as a result of that reaction basically be a lock for that "Always lurking around the top of the card and the belt even if he's not the #1 Company Face Guy," slot for the next ten years also like Triple H did.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think it's a matter of Mania 30 being meaningless, I think it's the natural extension of Bryan Burial Warning Syndrome that was all over the place for the entirety of the last year. Everyone was convinced Bryan was going to get destroyed at every step of road for every reason possible, and after he finally got through all of that only to immediately get injured everyone is automatically assuming the worst and trying to emotionally detach.

I personally can't wait for Bryan to return from his injury to a Jesus Pop just like Triple H did and as a result of that reaction basically be a lock for that "Always lurking around the top of the card and the belt even if he's not the #1 Company Face Guy," slot for the next ten years also like Triple H did.

The big problem with that moment when Bryan does finally come back, is it will immediately be ruined by a bland and uninteresting "I'm back for you people, the Yes Movement the WWE Universe. Thanks to your support, I'm back, and now I want to win my titles back. Yes! Yes! Yes!" promo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the biggest issue for his return is there's hardly any interesting way to do it beyond maybe some kinda shock run in thing, but even then the next time he gets a mic in his hand it'll have to be a big "YOU BROUGHT ME BACK I LOVE THE WWE UNIVERSE" watered down Yes Movement rehash.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the biggest issue for his return is there's hardly any interesting way to do it beyond maybe some kinda shock run in thing, but even then the next time he gets a mic in his hand it'll have to be a big "YOU BROUGHT ME BACK I LOVE THE WWE UNIVERSE" watered down Yes Movement rehash.

#30 in the Rumble. The arena will basically collapse from delight.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Angular Landbury posted:

#30 in the Rumble. The arena will basically collapse from delight.

#31 will be Bad News Barrett.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oatgan posted:

remember when they replaced Taker's theme with a Katy Perry song

Why cookie Rocket posted:

And one year it was a Johnny Cash song. What other pop music have they used to promote his matches?

I wasn't watching wrestling at the time, but I came across a video of his Ain't No Grave entrance some time ago, and holy poo poo it was perfect for him. I wish he used it for the rest of his career (and that they licensed it for the Network/home release of Wrestlemania 27 :argh:).

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Analyzing the Cesaro situation a bit more, I recall this:

Observer Newsletter - April 21, 2014 posted:

They also handed out the “Cesaro section” signs at ringside, which they also did the next night in Nashville. Very interesting that they are handing them out even though he’s a heel. The idea is to create the idea that the fans want him turned and have them keep him with Heyman and not turn him, all the while giving the impression there is a groundswell on turning him. In other words, they are trying to create a Daniel Bryan on their own this time.

I think they gave it a while to see if Cesaro was truly as over as some people thought, and a big ground swell to get him to turn face, and it turns out there really wasn't. I'm not saying they're right because they booked it this way. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but the WWE are masters at that. To them, they're probably thinking this:

"We gave him the Battle Royal moment, he's beaten Sheamus (a top guy), what else does he need!?!?!"

If the crowds were going nuts for him, the tune would be different. But they're not. So, WWE is once again justified in their thinking because of their lovely booking.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Writer Cath posted:

#31 will be Bad News Barrett.

Speaking of Barret I really hope he returns to a Main Event Spot, he stepped it up so much after he won that IC title, the crowd was eating him up, they didn't even book him all that badly by comparison to most recent IC title guys. I think if they bring him back in a sufficiently explosive way he could easily be Top Heel or among the Top 3 faces.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

The best part was all the posters who were like "guys this must've been an audible, Taker said something to Brock before the third F-5, and Brock winked at him when he went up the ramp, this was definitely an audible, Taker must be injured, he wouldn't give The Streak away otherwise, it was definitely an audible."

WM30 broke people's brains and it was wonderful.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Daniel Bryan posted:

If the crowds were going nuts for him, the tune would be different. But they're not. So, WWE is once again justified in their thinking because of their lovely booking.

Yeah, Cesaro's just the latest member of the "Guy Who Loses" Club, which I think at this point qualifies as an actual gimmick.

"He's got all the tools, Maggle!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Analyzing the Cesaro situation a bit more, I recall this:

I think they gave it a while to see if Cesaro was truly as over as some people thought, and a big ground swell to get him to turn face, and it turns out there really wasn't. I'm not saying they're right because they booked it this way. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but the WWE are masters at that. To them, they're probably thinking this:

"We gave him the Battle Royal moment, he's beaten Sheamus (a top guy), what else does he need!?!?!"

it was so dumb because the time they had him break off from the Real Americans pretty much was the time to turn him, he was getting really over at that point. instead they kept him heel, paired him with Heyman and he's been floundering since.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Sanguinia posted:

Speaking of Barret I really hope he returns to a Main Event Spot, he stepped it up so much after he won that IC title, the crowd was eating him up, they didn't even book him all that badly by comparison to most recent IC title guys. I think if they bring him back in a sufficiently explosive way he could easily be Top Heel or among the Top 3 faces.

He'll certainly be getting all the Main Event spots he can handle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shine posted:

The best part was all the posters who were like "guys this must've been an audible, Taker said something to Brock before the third F-5, and Brock winked at him when he went up the ramp, this was definitely an audible, Taker must be injured, he wouldn't give The Streak away otherwise, it was definitely an audible."

I liked how even people who didn't regularly post here came in to flip out about that

It brought everybody together like only chaos can (for more non-wrestling examples, see also the World Cup thread during Germany/Brazil 7-1, or the NFL Thanksgiving thread during Buttfumble)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Suben posted:

He'll certainly be getting all the Main Event spots he can handle.

I truly love we have a show centered around the midcard called "Main Event" so we can have posts like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Shine posted:

I'll have you know I heard the whole thing! Undertaker said, "I can't go on. Lesnar, I know it's not the finish Vince wanted, but it's what we have to do. I just, I just can't lift you up again. Son, it's your time to shine."

And then he got F-5'd.

• Locked thread