Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Doctor Butts posted:

Can you source this? I'd love to read more

Page 10 of this brief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For the record, we also would have accepted variations on "any who run are VC DNC, any who stand still are well disciplined VC DNC."

Fixed.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Talmonis posted:

All poor Republicans are culture warriors who don't understand the issues they espouse.

She also is ideologically opposed to most vaccines.

Majorian posted:

Is it mainly a pride thing for her, or is she just incredibly ideologically indoctrinated? (or lazy, that would work too)

Severe anxiety issues, probably neurological since I'm a huge sperglord (as per psychiatrists, not self-diagnosis via the Internet) and our father is too. Probably didn't help that we're one generation removed from poor Maine white trash, so she got the brunt of that in her youth.

I like quizzing my family whenever they start talking politics. Asking who the Speaker of the House is usually shuts them up. Or gets them yelling at me for being smug.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

:lol:

Rick Perry defending our borders, or is this Nam?

I don't get these pictures. Who is supposed to be the target audience? People who want the governor of Texas go all Platoon on children? Who is dumb enough to think that Perry would do that and if not, what is the purpose here again? If yes...aren't there also equally dumb people who yet manage to be anti-child murder and who are horrified by this?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
e: Moved to the SCOTUS thread

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 22, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DarkCrawler posted:

I don't get these pictures. Who is supposed to be the target audience? People who want the governor of Texas go all Platoon on children? Who is dumb enough to think that Perry would do that and if not, what is the purpose here again? If yes...aren't there also equally dumb people who yet manage to be anti-child murder and who are horrified by this?

I was under the impression that this particular picture was not from today but from some random military photo op completely unrelated to the border issue. There's no way a sane individual would portray himself as prepared to literally gun down little children, after all!

I... I'm wrong, aren't I? :smith:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

DarkCrawler posted:

Sometimes when men get old they feel a challenge to their virility and do dumb things like buy a sports car or shoot at children with a grenade launcher in an attempt to re-create their (wholly imagined) glory days.

Takes a big man to unload grenades on some unarmed kids. Big strong man.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Radish posted:

I'm curious of the break down of up-voters that are in on the joke, literal Nazis, or people that don't realize they are agreeing with Nazis but are still incredibly racist.

Or people clicking the link from here and upvoting it for laffs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Muscular patriotism.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Pong Daddy posted:

The only moral capitalism is my capitalism.

Jesus, Toledo1488 is at +18 now.

Link to the comments? I don't see them when I load the article :(

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

comes along bort posted:

Or people clicking the link from here and upvoting it for laffs.

Yeah that's what I meant by in on the joke.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Magres posted:

Link to the comments? I don't see them when I load the article :(

Toledo1488, Race Warrior, God-fearing American posted:

This will not stand. We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh loving lord

(well played)

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?

gradenko_2000 posted:

That comment section added another entry to the Obummer vocabulary: OweBaMao

Yes, Mac/Uroy is usually good for new names. I wonder what his Freep handle is

Magres posted:

Oh loving lord

(well played)

I figure some of you are thumbing it up, what's more impressive is I posted it 6 hours ago and it's still there; the moderators there usually strip out all offensive comments after an hour or two

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DarkCrawler posted:

I suppose you could claim it is an attempt to scare away the children (children hiking through other countries and this don't have access to American news to see the pictures...) but really it is the usual "guns as a totemic symbol", "I am one of you, I am strong" bullshit

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

iamnotcreative posted:

Yes, Mac/Uroy is usually good for new names. I wonder what his Freep handle is

I figure some of you are thumbing it up, what's more impressive is I posted it 6 hours ago and it's still there; the moderators there usually strip out all offensive comments after an hour or two

I feel like it's juuuust subtle enough to slide if they don't know 1488 or that phrase.

Like I can even see it

:downs:: Oh that's okay, it just says that white people shouldn't be exterminated! That's reasonable

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Ballz posted:

There's no way a sane individual would portray himself as prepared to literally gun down little children, after all!

I... I'm wrong, aren't I? :smith:

Don't worry, to be prepared to gun down little children, he'd have to actually load the drat thing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

I like how he has the cap on backwards, like he's a loving sniper or something. This man has the smallest penis in the world.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, remember that Perry has always had gay rumors swirling about him, so he tries to project the image of the tough country man to compensate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what's this about the Supreme Court likely getting a case on the AHCA? Is it just sensationalism or does the whole thing now rest in the hands of our favorite 5-4 decision court?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Majorian posted:

I like how he has the cap on backwards, like he's a loving sniper or something. This man has the smallest penis in the world.

Look at how he squints as he looks off into the distance. That is the look of a man pretending to keep an eye out for Luftwaffe patrols.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

This... this is a photoshop, right? Perry didn't actually do a photo op of him preparing to gun down children. Lie to me if you have to.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hedera Helix posted:

This... this is a photoshop, right? Perry didn't actually do a photo op of him preparing to gun down children. Lie to me if you have to.

It is of him "defending" the borders but its from 2 years ago. https://www.facebook.com/r.php?fbpage_id=168578053240786&r=111

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hedera Helix posted:

I could have sworn I saw in some other thread that it's from an earlier photo op where he was out with the Texas National Guard or something, and not itself directly related to the refugee crisis, but I cannot now find where I thought I saw that.

EDIT: Ah, that's where.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what's this about the Supreme Court likely getting a case on the AHCA? Is it just sensationalism or does the whole thing now rest in the hands of our favorite 5-4 decision court?

4th Circuit and DC Circuit put out conflicting opinions on subsidies today. The case is whether or not people can receive subsidies on the federal exchange.

A panel of 3 DC Circuit judges struck it down, but it should go to en banc, where the entire bench reviews it. The bench is 7-4 liberal, so the DC decision today should be reversed, which makes it less likely you'll see it at the Supreme Court.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

jackofarcades posted:

4th Circuit and DC Circuit put out conflicting opinions on subsidies today. The case is whether or not people can receive subsidies on the federal exchange.

A panel of 3 DC Circuit judges struck it down, but it should go to en banc, where the entire bench reviews it. The bench is 7-4 liberal, so the DC decision today should be reversed, which makes it less likely you'll see it at the Supreme Court.

Ok, so it's not "KEY OBAMACARE DECISION GOES TO SUPREME COURT" like CNN says. That's good I guess.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
American headline-chasing journalism at its finest :smith:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

Well you can expect the plaintiffs to appeal in either case though, because it is who they are. In a sane world the SCOTUS would deny cert since there isn't an interesting constitutional question to decide and the circuit courts are in agreement. If they did agree to hear it then one would expect a simple reference to the limited role of the courts and to defer to congress in that the legislation is to be functional and let it stand.

But we aren't in a sane world anymore. If we were, a piece of legislation that is reducing costs to people, increasing access to people, reducing the debt, and just all around making lives better wouldn't be getting challenged like this.

Rooting for worse circumstances for actual people in the hope that it leads to better political outcomes for you is loving insane.

This isn't disagreement on how to provide better circumstances for actual people. They don't have a plan. They just want to make the daily lives of regular folk worse because it means they might get power.

Anyways, here is a read from WaPo that SCOTUSBlog is pushing. http://wapo.st/1paFpFp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2014/07/21/cherry-bekaert-obamacare-having-negative-impact-on.html

random poll of "employers" says they're already using ACA as an excuse suffering from Obamacare.

quote:

About 83 percent of respondents believe Obamacare will continue to put upward pressure on medical plan costs

73 percent of respondents indicated it will negatively impact profit

54 percent think wages will suffer

25 percent are hiring more part-time workers, with another 14.5 percent considering similar action

About 25 percent are considering the elimination of employer-sponsored plans

25.7 percent have already reduced expenditures or are considering such action on dental, vision and life coverage’s as a result of Obamacare’s impact on medical plan costs

I can't really find any information at all about the poll, though.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Funny how social darwinism only applies to workers and not business owners.

Also, why the gently caress should anyone care what an accounting firm as to say about public opinion? (I mean, I know the answer is because 'OBAMA BAD :qq:' but still)

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Shifty Pony posted:

I want Warren to stay exactly where she is. The financial industry opposing her nomination for CFPB head only to have her end up on the Senate Banking Committee is just too drat perfect.

I mostly don't want her in a position of power where her lovely opinions on Palestine can do extra damage (not there there are many alternatives)

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok, so it's not "KEY OBAMACARE DECISION GOES TO SUPREME COURT" like CNN says. That's good I guess.

It could go to the Supreme Court, and given that two appeals courts dropped disagreeing opinions on the topic, that's not an unreasonable assumption. And it could still very well go to the Supreme Court after an en banc hearing.

wheez the roux posted:

I mostly don't want her in a position of power where her lovely opinions on Palestine can do extra damage (not there there are many alternatives)

Is there a viable Democratic Presidential candidate who is less pro-Israel in any notable way?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Jackson Taus posted:

Is there a viable Democratic Presidential candidate who is less pro-Israel in any notable way?

Actually make that any possible/potential Democratic Presidential candidate, since viable is a very small pool even if Hillary and Biden decline to run.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Jackson Taus posted:

You used an extra word there.

(That said, I still think Warren would make a terrible president - not because I think her policy goals are bad, just because she wouldn't be able to actually achieve much of what those goals are in the presidency.)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2014/07/21/cherry-bekaert-obamacare-having-negative-impact-on.html

random poll of "employers" says they're already using ACA as an excuse suffering from Obamacare.

Personal anecdote time!

A an organization of roughly 300 employees that have healthcare coverage benefits, we self-insure and pay a BC/BS group to administer our coverage payout pool. We just locked in 2 years of no increases for our "HMO" plan and 6% increase for our "PPO" plan. This is in contrast to our previous yearly ~10% increase.

As far as I can tell, Obamacare is helping.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

wheez the roux posted:

The Senate voted unanimously on that there is no one. Congress has garbage opinions on that issue. Warren can do more good where she is and no progressive can get through the primary without having to bend to big money,at least without massive grassroots efforts which will take longer than two years and needs to take place when the Dems have Congress on lockdown otherwise attempts to change it will be framed as helping Republicans and being idealists.

So your choices at the moment are center left candidates and you want one with experience so Hillary or Biden.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Why isn't it the automatic response of every person to this poll to say "gently caress those businesses"?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

For those who aren't aware, wheez the roux is parroting Greenwald et al's latest line of bullshit, attacking Warren for simultaneously being anti-Israel and being anti-Palestine.

EG: https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/490138373500469248

It's almost like people backed by multi billionaires will throw out any line possible to discredit someone who is taking the fight to them. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

wheez the roux posted:

Meh. I'm much more focused on domestic issues, where I think Warren would be fantastic and add a lot to the conversation. Because Israel is becoming an apartheid state (some would argue it is already there) they are a problematic ally, I agree. Also, American support has turned Israel into a violent client-state in the ME, which is also not that great. Those are all bad. But, Jews have been a long-time ally of the left-wing both in America and abroad. Israel has become a major wedge-issue, especially among older Jewish voters (who still remember Israel's precarious beginnings) and serves to drive the Jewish electorate rightwards.

Look a Lieberman. He was reliably pro-labor, pro-choice, pro-gay rights and while an ardent capitalist, he felt a strong social safety-net was the only way for a capitalist system to effectively operate. He certainly wasn't perfect, but on the issues I care most about he was, at worst, reasonable and was often pretty fantastic. His hawkish pro-Israel stance made his foreign policy pretty awful and it also poisoned some of his domestic issues (like spying, whistleblowing, etc.). I don't like those, but I can live with them. I don't want to undervalue their importance, they matter, but I'm more concerned about things like curbing the excesses of capitalism. Because of his foreign policy, Joe got pushed towards the Republicans and that tainted his domestic agenda. They whole thing is sad.

While it would be great to avoid total Pentagonization, right now I view the American political landscape from a triage-perspective so I'm willing to let my hands get bloodier internationally if it means cleaner hands domestically.

I know, I know, FYGM. It isn't that far a stretch from this to the crazies looking to shoot children. I'm aware of that and I try to be cautious. I'm not thrilled with the idea that dead Palestinians (and generations of Palestinians being kept in poverty) is the price we pay for keeping Florida a swing state, I'll take it. If it keeps a key demographic voting for Democrats, if not outright supporting leftist candidates while also keeping the Military-Industrial Complex and other financial overlords OK with the Democratic Party, well, that's a bitter pill I'll swallow. Not happy about it, but it is better than the alternative.

• Locked thread