Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

We just need Vince Russo secretly working from home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I really don't get the Russo infatuation. They would have been better off copying fanfic from the internet and using that for their storylines. He doesn't offer anything revolutionary or interesting.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Bigass Moth posted:

I really don't get the Russo infatuation. They would have been better off copying fanfic from the internet and using that for their storylines. He doesn't offer anything revolutionary or interesting.
Russo must be one of those guys who's great at marketing himself. He can do this based on the fact that he was head writer when WWF surged ahead of WCW, and besides that, based just on the fact that he has experience working in the Big Two. He can blame everything that went wrong in WCW on Hogan, Nash, Bischoff, the Turner execs, anybody.

And Dixie is just another indie-fed money mark, just with even more money. She's more interested in hiring absolutely anybody with a whiff of name recognition from WWF/WCW than in building a company from the ground up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

They should build a fed based around that Jericho/Stephanie fanfic that's been going on for literally over 10 years.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

We just need Vince Russo secretly working from home!

Vince Russo makes $1000s of dollars a month working from home with one weird tip! Network executives hate him!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

sticklefifer posted:

They should build a fed based around that Jericho/Stephanie fanfic that's been going on for literally over 10 years.

I always hear about this dang thing and I cannot wrap my head around it ... a fanfic that has been going on 10 years?! WHAT THE HELL?!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Der-Wreck posted:

I always hear about this dang thing and I cannot wrap my head around it ... a fanfic that has been going on 10 years?! WHAT THE HELL?!

It's mostly just Y2J cucking HHH.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Thauros posted:

I didn't know AJPW ever used 10 counts.

20 counts seem to be basically used everywhere now except for WWE and TNA. All major Japanese and Mexican promotions as well as ROH and the other significant US indies all use them now.

Here's a 10 count example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2n_O1EMnAg&t=1133s

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Vince Russo makes $1000s of dollars a month working from home with one weird tip! Network executives hate him!

So does everybody else.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Ok so the explanation I heard of the Russo story is that he accidentally emailed the wrong person and let it slip he was still working in TNA. Is this a joke or is it seriously what happened? Because when I first heard it I immediately thought it was a joke.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sionistic posted:

Ok so the explanation I heard of the Russo story is that he accidentally emailed the wrong person and let it slip he was still working in TNA. Is this a joke or is it seriously what happened? Because when I first heard it I immediately thought it was a joke.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. He was first rumored to be back months ago, but TNA denied or was evasive about it to their workers, Wrest1e-1, and most importantly Spike.

It finally broke whenRusso emailed Mike Johnson of PWI instead of Mike Tenay about commentary poo poo.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
That is incredible, Russo killed TNA by swerving himself

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sionistic posted:

That is incredible, Russo killed TNA by swerving himself

Russo then tried to play it off like he was trying to swerve the guy he accidentally emailed or something.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Vince Russo's writing literally killed TNA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Halloween Jack posted:

Russo must be one of those guys who's great at marketing himself. He can do this based on the fact that he was head writer when WWF surged ahead of WCW, and besides that, based just on the fact that he has experience working in the Big Two. He can blame everything that went wrong in WCW on Hogan, Nash, Bischoff, the Turner execs, anybody.

And Dixie is just another indie-fed money mark, just with even more money. She's more interested in hiring absolutely anybody with a whiff of name recognition from WWF/WCW than in building a company from the ground up.

Remember, after all that WCW poo poo, Russo still managed to get hired back by WWE, only to leave a short time later.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So say TNA dies, which is looking more and more likely by the day. Given WWE's current financial problems, do they put in a bid for at least the name and the tape library? Or is that a cost they can't justify right now?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Given how much Vince wants to own *everything*, I'm sure he'd find the cash.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did the terrible ending of HHH/Stephanie/Angle really hurt ratings?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Der-Wreck posted:

You have to understand too, it hasn't just been trickling out. She writes 2-4000 words per Raw. Every week. Did Smackdown and PPVs for a while too. It's currently longer than multiple Bibles.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

well, it was literally all downhill from there so yeah.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Women really liked the love triangle angle, and when it ended like that they left & didn't come back until their kids grew up to be John Cena fans.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

TL posted:

So say TNA dies, which is looking more and more likely by the day. Given WWE's current financial problems, do they put in a bid for at least the name and the tape library? Or is that a cost they can't justify right now?

Vince will find some pocket change (which is what TNA's trademarks and tape library will cost) just because he really does want everything wrestling-related.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Guys...guys...what if the ultimate swerve was that Russo was working for Vince ALL ALONG, trying to bring down the competition from the inside??

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
All I'm hearing is that there's still a chance for Jake to be the Higher Power.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shiki Dan posted:

Guys...guys...what if the ultimate swerve was that Russo was working for Vince ALL ALONG, trying to bring down the competition from the inside??

This has been a conspiracy theory since about 2000.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Luigi Thirty posted:

This has been a conspiracy theory since about 2000.

And it's the Gospel Truth if you dig a little into TNASylum and TNA Mecca.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

projecthalaxy posted:

You have to understand too, it hasn't just been trickling out. She writes 2-4000 words per Raw. Every week. Did Smackdown and PPVs for a while too. It's currently longer than multiple Bibles.

MY GOD

Does it follow the current storyline and gimmicks of Jericho and Stephanie? or is it some strange alternate universe where they still have their gimmicks from 10 years ago.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation

Shiki Dan posted:

If Vince wanted someone loyal to him to gently caress up a competing promotion from the inside, he could send them Ole Anderson.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Link

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Does Konnan have a rep as a bullshitter? I'm just curious how much stock one should put in the "Someone in Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on Del Rio" story.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't know, but it would explain Del Rio finding new and hilarious ways to stiff Sin Cara whenever they had a match.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Justin Godscock posted:

Vince will find some pocket change (which is what TNA's trademarks and tape library will cost) just because he really does want everything wrestling-related.

I still look forward to being able to marathon the sad, confusing tale of TNA from the beginning, almost as much as the same tale except WCW.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ZDar Fan posted:

Does Konnan have a rep as a bullshitter? I'm just curious how much stock one should put in the "Someone in Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on Del Rio" story.

Has he ever been a professional wrestler? That should answer your question.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I honestly do not remember...why was Kaval fired from WWE again? I was watching when he was around but his reason for departure has totally left my head.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Good Listener posted:

So I honestly do not remember...why was Kaval fired from WWE again? I was watching when he was around but his reason for departure has totally left my head.

He requested his release, IIRC

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I don't know, but it would explain Del Rio finding new and hilarious ways to stiff Sin Cara whenever they had a match.

They were friends actually

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

EugeneJ posted:

He requested his release, IIRC

I thought that is what he originally said then he later admitted yep he was fired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Good Listener posted:

They had nothing for him and no interest in pushing him, so they cut him. It was originally agreed that it would be announced as him requesting his release but that wasn't the case.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

They were friends actually

"I am your friend! This means I am going to spend our matches soccer kicking you in the face and yoinking your mask off whenever the camera is on us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

"I am your friend! This means I am going to spend our matches soccer kicking you in the face and yoinking your mask off whenever the camera is on us."

He also advised him on how to regain his push on multiple occasions. That's not something you do for somebody you dislike.