Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His episode of Louie, where him and Louis C.K. deal with the funeral of a person they both hated yet attended out of obligation, is gonna be such a gut punch now.
This just made me infinitely sadder. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really cannot talk up enough how spellbinding manhattan is

That show completely loving rules and it's amazing it's this good already this fast, frank winters is one of the best new characters this season

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
One of my favorite Robin Williams roles was in Homicide. It was one of the first times he played a dramatic roles an it was really really good. He played a dad dealing with the death of his wife, who died senselessly :(

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His episode of Louie, where him and Louis C.K. deal with the funeral of a person they both hated yet attended out of obligation, is gonna be such a gut punch now.

Robin Williams going out like this is a tough thing to swallow. For all of the joke stealing accusations and his tendency to latch onto some bad projects, he was still immensely talented and part of a lot of great things. His Louie appearance made me feel bad about making GBS threads on him previously. Even more so now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's always a tragedy when someone dies or can't think of another way out but suicide....totally agreed about the other bit though.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Poor Robin Williams. He was a fantastic fellow. I expect that while he was so happy and 'up' there was an opposite down.

I remember reading an interview where Williams was saying something like how he was glad he was on 'The Crazy Ones' because it was a stable job and pay check since he's in financial trouble. I wish that show would've continued.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Andrew_1985 posted:

I wish that show would've continued.

I wish he wouldn't have had to be driven into the poor house because he made the mistake of marrying bloodsucking whores.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Even though they blatantly lie about stuff, Shark Week crushes ratings. So the next time you post or read some smarmy post about how Discovery/History/TLC/Whatever don't have science shows remind yourself that TV channels are businesses and the public would rather watch sensational lies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zoux posted:

Even though they blatantly lie about stuff, Shark Week crushes ratings. So the next time you post or read some smarmy post about how Discovery/History/TLC/Whatever don't have science shows remind yourself that TV channels are businesses and the public would rather watch sensational lies.

I don't see what's so "smarmy" about people being upset that their favorite tv channels don't show the stuff they liked about those tv channels anymore.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's not the opinion it's the tone.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/398cbd9573/sharklumbo

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Jesus loving christ those comments. Within six comments, six loving comments, it degenerates into "Obama sucks" "no you suck" "NO U LIBTARD"... :psyduck:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people, have some respect.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Cactus posted:

Jesus loving christ those comments. Within six comments, six loving comments, it degenerates into "Obama sucks" "no you suck" "NO U LIBTARD"... :psyduck:

Honestly if Robin Williams were to see that happen in the comments section of his own obituary he's be the first to point out and laugh at how absurd it is, so in a way it's the most unintentionally respectful way to remember him possible

Man I am legit torn up about this Williams, Jesus Christ that dude was so rad

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Just lazily screencapping this because to hell with doing all the formatting up here:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Now it makes sense why he named his daughter Zelda.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Robin Williams was a Big Nerd and if he wasn't so funny and personable, he'd probably have ended up posting here.

So at least he avoided that.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm officially blaming his suicide on Korra.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

DoctorWhat posted:

So at least he avoided that.

If he was a goon, he probably would have killed himself earlier.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight posted:

Tweet this @ the president doggs

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

No surprise, but @midnight was renewed through 2015.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/midnight-chris-hardwick-comedy-central-1201280418/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Now it makes sense why he named his daughter Zelda.

If he really wanted to do it right, he would have named her Link.

hcreight posted:

Death by exploding speedboat would have been a far more spectacular way to go out.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Just lazily screencapping this because to hell with doing all the formatting up here:

He was a huge fan of Evangelion, a series that's basically a personality deconstruction of a severely depressed child thrown into all the big robot anime tropes but reacts appropriately by further retreating inwards instead of embracing the role of a hero.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Maybe I'm just a big blind dumb idiot but was Inside Amy Schumer removed from Hulu? I watched it last weekend and this weekend poof, it's gone? drat shame, that show is funny as gently caress.

I also gave Nathan For You a shot based on some recommendations in this thread, and...holy poo poo. Give that man a medal for not breaking character. The final scene in "The Hunk" where he tells the host he's a good guy and the host refutes that...Fielder's reaction is the best thing I'd seen yet. A+++ would watch again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Midniter posted:

Maybe I'm just a big blind dumb idiot but was Inside Amy Schumer removed from Hulu? I watched it last weekend and this weekend poof, it's gone? drat shame, that show is funny as gently caress.

I also gave Nathan For You a shot based on some recommendations in this thread, and...holy poo poo. Give that man a medal for not breaking character. The final scene in "The Hunk" where he tells the host he's a good guy and the host refutes that...Fielder's reaction is the best thing I'd seen yet. A+++ would watch again.

I'm not sure where the "character" begins and the real him ends.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Amy Schumer should still be up on the CC app if you have a deeevice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

soapgish posted:

There is no tragedy in a person's torture ending but the selfishness of the platitudes that leads people to act effected merely as a social tool.

This is probably a troll but I actually agree.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Cactus posted:

The internet is the worst thing humans have created.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I'm not sure where the "character" begins and the real him ends.

He was on the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast and he was more joke-y. He wasn't high energy or anything like that but he definitely acted more like a normal person.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I heard about this before but it's ready to launch soon (Dick-centered Veronica Mars web spin-off)

quote:

Titled Play It Again, Dick, the show will feature Ryan Hansen (who appeared in both Veronica Mars and Party Down) trying to rekindle his career by writing a spinoff of the CW cult series and later Kickstarter movie. Hansen will star as himself and reprise his role as resident Neptune bro Dick Casablancas. Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) and Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls) will also appear as fictionalized versions of themselves and as their characters .

They are joined by a veritable reunion of Veronica Mars cast members, including Enrico Colatoni (Keith Mars), Percy Daggs III (Wallace Fennel), Ken Marino (Vinnie Van Lowe), and Chris Lowell (Piz), who will either appear as themselves, as their characters in Hansen’s imagined spinoff, or as both. There are also two newcomers from Thomas’s new iZombie series: Robert Buckley and Rose McIver, who will fill out Play It Again, Sam‘s complicated universe.

The series will premiere the week of September 15 with episodes released weekly. Each installment will vary in length, but average somewhere between eight and 10 minutes.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

First Manhattan and now an alan ball show about mozart & salieri .

Tv is rewarding me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Speaking of which, I finally checked out Manhattan and am really liking it so far. Kind of wish that they'd focus on the science more, but that's more just me being a nerd than any kind of meaningful critique of the show. That and it's only been 3 episodes, so obviously the character introductions/development are more important at this stage. Definitely makes me want to go re-read at least Feynman's book and look up more info about the actual people involved. Oh and it took me three episodes to realize that the one dude was in GoT. Thought he looked familiar.

And I know this has basically been an accepted fact for a few years now, but it's crazy how much quality TV is being made right now and where it's all coming from (ie: everywhere).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fooz posted:

First Manhattan and now an alan ball show about mozart & salieri .

Tv is rewarding me.

Oh man, that sounds amazing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Fast Luck posted:

I heard about this before but it's ready to launch soon (Dick-centered Veronica Mars web spin-off)

I heard that Rob Thomas the writer wanted Rob Thomas the musician to play him in the series. I wonder if he managed to lock that down.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

Wait, so is this supposed to be a VM spinoff or is it some kind of meta-thing where they play themselves playing their characters or something?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

raditts posted:

Wait, so is this supposed to be a VM spinoff or is it some kind of meta-thing where they play themselves playing their characters or something?

I think the show is about "Ryan Hansen" putting together a Dick-centric spinoff, so people will appear as themselves and/or play their characters in the show-within-the-show

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

VDay posted:

And I know this has basically been an accepted fact for a few years now, but it's crazy how much quality TV is being made right now and where it's all coming from (ie: everywhere).

Yeah, for real, so much competition from new sources of making and watching poo poo has led to some great TV from so many different parties.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was really excited about Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima making a new Silent Hill, but the main character is the greasy redneck dude from Walking Dead so now I don't know how to feel. :gerty:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I was really excited about Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima making a new Silent Hill, but the main character is the greasy redneck dude from Walking Dead so now I don't know how to feel. :gerty:

Which one? Though it really doesn't matter because both Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus are pretty awesome.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Deadpool posted:

Which one? Though it really doesn't matter because both Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus are pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Everything about that reveal was insane.

• Locked thread