Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, looks like the deal with the wrinklers is, if you let as many of them chew as long as possible, it more than makes up for it when you destroy them, and for the lack of golden cookies. Seems like a good thing to have when you idle for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Speedball posted:

So, looks like the deal with the wrinklers is, if you let as many of them chew as long as possible, it more than makes up for it when you destroy them, and for the lack of golden cookies. Seems like a good thing to have when you idle for a long while.

Each of them give back what all of them chewed the time it was around so they're definitely worthwhile.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If you run with all 10 wrinklers active at once, and then pop them, you basically get a x12 modifier on your CPS. (Of course, they halve your CPS while they're running so it's actually a x6 modifier, but still).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
https://twitter.com/Orteil42/status/498127958029389824

I choose to believe this terrible CRT image is retro game mode, and not just a new reset animation or some sort of limited-time event!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

This image worries me greatly.

Also it's now 3 days after CC 1-year anniversary. Update is coming 'soon'.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
If it's anything like the Easter update, the first anniversary update should be appearing around October.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I just passed 1200 hours legacy time, I'm at like 20 resets and have 470,000 chips. I just started using an autoclicker that goes at like 25 clicks per second while I'm at work. Something around 9 quadrillion CPS without frenzy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Will this game ever come to steam?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Are dungeons still going to happen?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Capntastic posted:

Are dungeons still going to happen?
Orteil said he was going to work on them after the prestige update, and prestige is coming in the anniversary update that was supposed to be this past week. I'd expect to see him talk briefly about them whenever this update drops, and then never actually have them implemented.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Will this game ever come to steam?

Why? I assume he's getting money enough out of the ads that run on cookie clicker itself.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Speedball posted:

Why? I assume he's getting money enough out of the ads that run on cookie clicker itself.

It would be a cool addition to the overlay. And a cool ARG for Half Life 3 with grandmas and cookie dimentions

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Orteil said he was going to work on them after the prestige update, and prestige is coming in the anniversary update that was supposed to be this past week. I'd expect to see him talk briefly about them whenever this update drops, and then never actually have them implemented.

From what Ortiel has said in the /igg/ threads, he never "drops" a project. He just puts it on hold. It's likely that Dungeon development is on perpetual hold along with the dozen other things he's worked on.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

From what Ortiel has said in the /igg/ threads, he never "drops" a project. He just puts it on hold. It's likely that Dungeon development is on perpetual hold along with the dozen other things he's worked on.

Well he's one (or whatever fraction Cookie Clicker represents) project over on me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

7 new posts, still no update huh? :(

What's with all these users with grenades at their name

[edit] oh hey I got one too

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's the platinum forums upgrade. If a user has no grenade, you know not to read their posts.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

cat beats grenade

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I know cats always land on their feet but I don't think that helps if the cat isn't attached to the feet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, I guess this is more what I meant. Now he's talking about some kind of loving card game idea too? Like, I love that he's a good developer, but I wish he'd do smaller and more frequent updates rather than sit on things and chase dragons. If the new prestige HC-spending upgrades are preventing you from shipping the rest, ship the rest and really take the time to polish them and ship them solo in a few weeks!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well from what it sounds like even the smaller updates are becoming a larger and larger hassle since he didn't really make it code as extensible as he should've. So as he has been adding new things various bugs have been popping up that he needs to take care of, and at the same time he is trying to go back and clean up the root causes of these problems so that they don't keep popping up in future updates. I think that has been a bigger deterrent to frequent updates, more so than the "pie in the sky" ideas for the future. That and creating graphics for this stuff would take awhile no matter what, so even doing a new holiday skin has to take a while.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Team Grenade! Woo!

Also, running with just CookieMaster, 900k HC, no auto-clicking. So close to getting 200 Prisms. Maybe one more reset to make it feasible. Given the juggling of buildings after the update, with new ones coming in though, I have a hunch it'll be best to get the "200 of every building" achievement BEFORE the update drops.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

My computer is getting fixed up and my biggest concern is that I'll lose my sweet, sweet heavenly chips. :ohdear:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This is your chance to escape. Tell the outside of our plight. Send help.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Send cookies. Lots of cookies.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
200 prisms and Bicentennial achieved

all legit no autoclickers, just keeping an extra tab up and buying new buildings every morning or so

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The nice thing about these delays is if they go on long enough I'll have the HCs to get those last two achievements and be done forever. I already have 14.3 million!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Well from what it sounds like even the smaller updates are becoming a larger and larger hassle since he didn't really make it code as extensible as he should've. So as he has been adding new things various bugs have been popping up that he needs to take care of, and at the same time he is trying to go back and clean up the root causes of these problems so that they don't keep popping up in future updates. I think that has been a bigger deterrent to frequent updates, more so than the "pie in the sky" ideas for the future. That and creating graphics for this stuff would take awhile no matter what, so even doing a new holiday skin has to take a while.

That and not totally ruining compatibility for add-ons, which are potentially plugged directly into any part of the Game, especially the parts which don't work.

The code is okay, it certainly does the job, but it has magic numbers coming out of its ears, display code is interleaved with "business logic" and the behaviour of, say, golden cookies is bizarre and head-scratching at best. The actual flow of cookie production is extremely hard to unthread.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm at 230 prisms and supposedly I shouldn't buy any more if I'm going for Dr. T (400 cursors)? Except then I have no way of knowing when I should sell all, buy chocolate egg, buy cursors to 400. :confused:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Merijn posted:

I'm at 230 prisms and supposedly I shouldn't buy any more if I'm going for Dr. T (400 cursors)? Except then I have no way of knowing when I should sell all, buy chocolate egg, buy cursors to 400. :confused:

Sounds like a job for savescumming

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Merijn posted:

The total cost of 400 cursors from none (sans Christmas upgrades) is about 5.705 octillion. The chocolate egg will push you to that from about 5.433 octillion. More than likely the strategy of the people who say you shouldn't buy any more prisms after 230 is to wait for your cookie count to hit like 3-5 octillion and then sell all your buildings since you need like 9.5 octillion worth of buildings to hit the chocolate egg spot from scratch.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

watho posted:

My computer is getting fixed up and my biggest concern is that I'll lose my sweet, sweet heavenly chips. :ohdear:

I e-mailed myself my exported save file.

Help me...

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The total cost of 400 cursors from none (sans Christmas upgrades) is about 5.705 octillion. The chocolate egg will push you to that from about 5.433 octillion. More than likely the strategy of the people who say you shouldn't buy any more prisms after 230 is to wait for your cookie count to hit like 3-5 octillion and then sell all your buildings since you need like 9.5 octillion worth of buildings to hit the chocolate egg spot from scratch.

5 octillion, jeez. I'm not even at 30 septillion after resetting last week. Better farm some more chips for a few weeks then.

AdVenture Capitalist is fun enough to carry me over though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Gensuki posted:

I e-mailed myself my exported save file.

Help me...

I used to keep mine on my Dropbox. I just forgot to do that before turning it in. :ohdear:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Orteil's tumblr said he's aiming for release on the 24th.

Dunno if that will happen, but it'd be nice :allears:

vvvvvvvvvvvv
Yeah, that's why he said it!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 23, 2014

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
The 24th is the 1 year anniversary of the current Cookie Clicker (not Classic) so it still counts as an anniversary update!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Blind Duke posted:

200 prisms and Bicentennial achieved

all legit no autoclickers, just keeping an extra tab up and buying new buildings every morning or so

Welcome to the club! I got there just 2 weeks ago.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Black Cat's Paw without an auto-clicker :shepface:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I am not nearly that crazy, just let it passively gain cookies without messing with my mind to switch tabs every minute

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I have a widescreen monitor (2, actually), so I have it set up like this and don't need to switch tabs so much and having played for 12 months, I spot golden cookies in my peripheral vision and click without thinking. This loving game....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Merijn posted:

5 octillion, jeez. I'm not even at 30 septillion after resetting last week. Better farm some more chips for a few weeks then.

AdVenture Capitalist is fun enough to carry me over though.

poo poo this is actually pretty well put together. Good curve on most of the breakpoints. You reset yet?

• Locked thread