Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Wow, yeah heavenly cookies, along with some other changes are crazy powerful...got all of the achievements in less than 24 hours of idling...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Checking out the beta, the grandma upgrades now also improve the output of the associated structure by +1% per grandma. So having 100 grandmas doubles the power of all the structures--pretty sweet, if you ask me.

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Ahh, that's what's happening! i was just going to post to see if the One Mind upgrade was bugged, because each grandma I add adds about 1% to my income, but if I look at how my grandmas themselves are doing, they don't seem to be doing that great.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah Grandmas are stupid powerful now.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It seems like they expect you to take the production doublers a lot sooner before moving on to the next tier.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Orteil wrote on his tumblr that he might add an exponential curve to getting HCs and lowering costs by a lot.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Its kinda stupid that the eggs/reindeer/wrinkler achievements now take longer to get then Dr.T & bicentennial.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

8 hours into my current reset. Last non-random, non research upgrade was Glow-In-The-Dark, 4 minutes in.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Golden Cookie upgrades are a terrible permanent upgrade if you have almost no HC! I had to manually edit the save file to get out of that horrible decision. Quintillion Fingers (5000 CPS per building) is the way to go.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Using One Mind in a permanent upgrade slot seems to cause research to stop there. I assume it's the same for other research upgrades.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Alasyre posted:

Using One Mind in a permanent upgrade slot seems to cause research to stop there. I assume it's the same for other research upgrades.

I thought about doing that, but I like not having wrath cookies so early in the game. That bug would keep me from accidentally buying Communal Brainsweep though, and that is a great thing.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I decided to start fresh and clean with no Frozen Cookies for the new stuff in the beta. A couple things, the Santa's Legacy upgrade (cookie production multiplier up 10% per Santa's levels) makes my CPS go down. Am I hallucinating?

Also I was pretty disappointed with the end of the Angel chain. I was hoping for something cooler than what the Devil upgrade gives you.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I don't know, 27 seconds of Elder Frenzy is insane, especially if you're hunting for reindeer frenzies with 10 wrinklers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tokelau All Star posted:

I decided to start fresh and clean with no Frozen Cookies for the new stuff in the beta. A couple things, the Santa's Legacy upgrade (cookie production multiplier up 10% per Santa's levels) makes my CPS go down. Am I hallucinating?
You are not. He accidentally coded it wrong, so it's just multiplying your multiplier by a multiple of Santa's levels, so it goes to like 75% at fully upgraded Santa and you just lose a quarter of your production.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Is there a reason Banks don't get a doubler upgrade at 10 owned?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RJWaters2 posted:

Is there a reason Banks don't get a doubler upgrade at 10 owned?
Bug or accidentally left out of the game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Bug.

Nth Doctor posted:

Curse you all for making me dive into the code again. Do you have the Acid-Proof vault?
It looks like a tier-3 (pink) upgrade for banks:
code:
new Game.Upgrade('Acid-proof vault','Banks are <b>twice</b> as efficient.<q>You know what they say : better safe than sorry.</q>',Game.Objects['Bank'].basePrice*tier3,[15,1]);
Edit:
Figured it out. In the code that unlocks the upgrade and calculates the bank's CPS, it is called 'Acid-proof vaults', whereas the definition as seen above is the singluar "Acid-proof vault".

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
So, this latest update isn't going into production any time soon is it? I saw nothing on his twitter about cookies lately.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

d3rt posted:

So, this latest update isn't going into production any time soon is it? I saw nothing on his twitter about cookies lately.
He claimed he has found all the bugs. And therefore he has to fix them all, and he refuses to just push things a little at a time, so we'll be here a while.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Some assholes reminded me of this thing recently. Now I am back to clicking cookies.

How do I get HC chips nowadays and golden cookies? I did a reset after 10B and was expecting something but I got nothing. I still have yet to see a single golden cookie this time around.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

shaitan posted:

Some assholes reminded me of this thing recently. Now I am back to clicking cookies.

How do I get HC chips nowadays and golden cookies? I did a reset after 10B and was expecting something but I got nothing. I still have yet to see a single golden cookie this time around.

If you're not in the beta a) the reset window should tell you whether you will earn any HCs and b) it can take something like 6 minutes or longer for a golden cookie to appear if you have no upgrades for it. If you're in the beta a at least should still apply, not sure about how b works.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If you're not in the beta a) the reset window should tell you whether you will earn any HCs and b) it can take something like 6 minutes or longer for a golden cookie to appear if you have no upgrades for it. If you're in the beta a at least should still apply, not sure about how b works.

Thanks. I am not in the beta, just in the stable release.

I've been staring at the screen for over ten mins at a time but still haven't seen a single GC. Did he change the look of them or am I still just looking for a random large cookie to fade in somewhere in the browser?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Is it still Easter?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
It is still Easter

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Then they look like a rabbit instead of a cookie.

Without any upgrades they do only spawn once every 10 minutes or so.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Then they look like a rabbit instead of a cookie.

Without any upgrades they do only spawn once every 10 minutes or so.

Gotcha thanks. I think I stopped playing this about a year ago... so many missed cookies

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Where is the new version? The game seems same as it ever was to me.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

Throw /beta into the URL.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

It's in beta, buggy as hell, there might be another round or two of beta before he pushes everything to the live release; no solid timeframe for when anything else is going to happen.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I also used to play. Is there still a golden cookie autoclicker?
edit: is cookie monster still the go-to addon? I see some new ones on the wiki now.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Frozen cookies is the best one for autobuying/clicking I think

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Will our achievements in beta be transferred when the real deal happens?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Shbobdb posted:

Will our achievements in beta be transferred when the real deal happens?

Export your beta save and import it

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Frozen Cookies is planning to spend the next 6 hours building bank. Sigh.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

a) the reset window should tell you whether you will earn any HCs

I'm almost at 100T cookies baked, with 27T cookies unspent, but when I click on reset it's not telling me anything about earning HC, should I be able to know how many I'll get without having to do the math on it?

Or have I just not cookied enough?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I have weaned myself off the Cookie Clicker trend by indulging in Adventure Capitalist

at least that won't update with new achievements and goals to hit, once I buy everything I'll be free

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

shaitan posted:

I'm almost at 100T cookies baked, with 27T cookies unspent, but when I click on reset it's not telling me anything about earning HC, should I be able to know how many I'll get without having to do the math on it?

Or have I just not cookied enough?

Try refreshing the page if you haven't already, your reset window should look like this:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Try refreshing the page if you haven't already, your reset window should look like this:

Isn't that only in the beta?

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I got that and I'm not playing beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Hmm, yeah I don't get that at all. Maybe you have to have some HC already, or have unlocked some achievement before you see it. I have reset before when I was very early on thinking I could get a few.

• Locked thread