Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I just wanted to pop in right quick -- I still haven't heard when my episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire will air, but the latest promo is out. I'm in it. You can probably guess which one I am.

The hipster doofus with the bowtie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Wandle Cax posted:

Meredith Viera? Dead and lifeless?

much like regis you can tell there's not a human being behind those eyes

dont know whats really there but it aint human

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irish Joe posted:

Like hugging a beanbag chair.

Terry Crews' words to the letter.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Man I really liked Selfie. Laughed multiple times. Gillen killed it. Reminded me of a 1940s screwball comedy. Though I hope they don't tamp her character down too much, it'd just make her boring. And vaguely Amish.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Considering my biases, Terry Crews could be the shot in the arm the show needs, like how Steve Harvey has boosted Family Feud's ratings.

Hopefully we don't find out Terry Crews is a total rear end in a top hat though.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It went from "Let's win the million!" when I got off the phone with the contestant coordinator, to "Let's not wear fedoras and anime wolfshirts on national television!" by the time I got to the studio.

How difficult was it to achieve this goal?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Hopefully we don't find out Terry Crews is a total rear end in a top hat though.

Impossible.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smg77 posted:

How difficult was it to achieve this goal?

Roughly the same degree of difficulty as "Let's not soil ourselves in front of a studio audience!" Like I said, you go with what you think you can handle and build on it from there.

Aphrodite posted:

True, that. :ohdear: It's a bit of a jolt to go from laughing at Steve Harvey gurning for twenty minutes because somebody guessed "penis" to finding out some of the poo poo he's said.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Syfy canceled the Wil Wheaten show, surprising no one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GreenNight posted:

Amazon is bringing back Patrick Warburton's version of The Tick, surprising everyone.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Certainly surprised me just this second.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Deadpool posted:

Amazon is bringing back Patrick Warburton's version of The Tick, surprising everyone.

Holy poo poo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Deadpool posted:

Is this real. No really are you loving with me is this real.

Deadpool I need you to provide a source link or something because if it's real what holy poo poo what pigs are flying hell froze over and I am dating Kate Upton.

Is this the most beautiful day of our entire span on this rock?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Tick wasn't very good and it will continue to be not very good

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz posted:

Is this real. No really are you loving with me is this real.

Deadpool I need you to provide a source link or something because if it's real what holy poo poo what pigs are flying hell froze over and I am dating Kate Upton.

Is this the most beautiful day of our entire span on this rock?

http://www.people.com/article/tick-patrick-warburton-returning-amazon

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

God is real, and his name is Spoon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wonder if they can use real Die Fledermaus and American Maid this time, or if the rights issues that I never quite understood are still a thing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Batmanuel is a million times better than Die Fledermaus. Coincidentally, I was rewatching Lost when I read this news. Richard was on screen jamming that torch into the ground.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

GreenNight posted:

Yeah all right!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAAAAAAT

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Amazon, if you're going to go bringing back unlikely series can you please give The Critic another go? It doesn't have to be good, I just want something to compel Al Jean to finally quit The Simpsons.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

feedmyleg posted:

Batmanuel is a million times better than Die Fledermaus. Coincidentally, I was rewatching Lost when I read this news. Richard was on screen jamming that torch into the ground.

Die Fledermaus uber alles.

I never could get in to the live action Tick, though I loved the poo poo out of the cartoon. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ChickenMedium posted:

I never could get in to the live action Tick, though I loved the poo poo out of the cartoon. Maybe I should give it another shot.

The live action Tick had a very low key rhythm to it. If you go into it expecting a rehash of the cartoon, you will be disappointed every time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

J-Spot posted:

Amazon, if you're going to go bringing back unlikely series can you please give The Critic another go? It doesn't have to be good, I just want something to compel Al Jean to finally quit The Simpsons.
Do you want The Critic animated in cheap flash style?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Cardboard Box A posted:

Do you want The Critic animated in cheap flash style?

I'm set, thanks.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Amazon, bring back I Love Lucy. If they can give us miniature flying delivery vehicles, surely they can reanimate the dead. :colbert:

I've been a long-time defender of live action Tick but I want to hear more before I make any judgements. I'm not sure I want it back without Nestor Carbonell and I don't know how doable that is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is he really that busy doing anything right now?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

He's on Bates Motel and gets steady work otherwise. Maybe he could find time to do it, I suppose. Might depend on how much money he wants and how much Amazon is willing to spend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hcreight posted:

He's on Bates Motel and gets steady work otherwise. Maybe he could find time to do it, I suppose. Might depend on how much money he wants and how much Amazon is willing to spend.

Patrick Warburton gets just as much work as he does, so I don't see the problem here.

Who cares, it's the loving Tick!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Dear Amazon,

There's this show called Terriers...

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Has a show ever been brought back and turned out to not be poo poo? That new AD season was the worst thing and I pretend it doesn't exist.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Depends what you consider brought back. Futurama was sort of.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Was off the air canceled for over a year. Just changing networks doesn't count. New Futurama sucked because I can't remember anything memorable about a single episode.

So things like The Blacklist or Community don't count as being brought back because they never really went away.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The Beavis and Butthead revival was every bit as good as the original, and in some ways better. But no one watched it, so it only got 1 season.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

The Beavis and Butthead revival was every bit as good as the original, and in some ways better. But no one watched it, so it only got 1 season.

I think it was even better, really. Mike Judge had a lot of time to hone his skill between the original and the revival. Misses like the Goode Family and Extract notwithstnding.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Forever's pilot was pretty good, actually. It pretty much was almost a re-release of New Amsterdam though, so I'm kinda surprised they decided to more or less copy most of the broad stuff into Forever.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Anyone watch the new show Intruders on BBC? Any good?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

GreenNight posted:

Anyone watch the new show Intruders on BBC? Any good?

I really liked it, I've only watched half of it so far, though. I think the plot is a bit confusing, but it's certainly captivating.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

Was off the air canceled for over a year. Just changing networks doesn't count. New Futurama sucked because I can't remember anything memorable about a single episode.

So things like The Blacklist or Community don't count as being brought back because they never really went away.

Revival Family Guy was a bit less terrible than pre-revival, for a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Closing the True Blood thread on a high note. Deal with it, goons :colbert:

• Locked thread