Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

silvergoose posted:

December 2nd, while later than mid-November, is still too goddamn early for Christmas music, gently caress you.

Je ne regrette rien!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Tekopo, could you mark the movement trails for units on the map?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Will do from now on!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

A detachment from Miloradovich enters the town of Pratze, while Prebyshevsky's Corps advances, filling up the flank of Kollowrath further North.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Tekopo posted:

Please feel free to use this thread to mock your opponents

Hey France, why don't you go cycle around wearing berets in striped polo necks with strings of onions round your necks or something!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Because it's 1805, not 1955.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
We're much more into beheadings and being the greatest land power in Europe right now.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I don't want the trash talk to get too personal but I really hope you guys finish second in this game.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Aston posted:

I don't want the trash talk to get too personal but I really hope you guys finish second in this game.
:eyepop:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also, as a general warning, I will only correct people if they do something not allowed by the rules and as such, I won't correct tactical blunders. The gray zone here is that tactical blunders can be caused by incomplete understandings of the rules.

In those situation, I would suggest reading the rules thoroughly before doing something risky, especially the way that defense works. I will elucidate a few points here:

- If, for example, you have a corps in reserve and a single unit on an approach, only the unit in approach can defend, potentially causing the corps to retreat if they lose!
- Anything on the attacked approach can defend, but for reserve units there are restriction: any number of Corps can defend when in reserve but only 1 independent unit can defend!
- Units selected for defense from a previous attack on another approach cannot be selected for defense again.

Finally, please DO NOT correct tactical blunders on part of your fellow generals within your private threads. The team rules force Generals to independently assess the situation (along with the use of orders), the magic is kind of lost if corrections are made.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Aston posted:

The best result would be a draw with no deaths on either side.

In this mutual spirit of peace and cooperation, I believe our European and Slavic brothers should join us in lowering their weapons and embracing their fellow man. Once you drop your guns, just walk over here and you will clearly see we have done the same. Meet us in Santon. Clump together so we can see you better and arrange adequate eating arrangements for your arrival.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Tekopo posted:

Finally, please DO NOT correct tactical blunders on part of your fellow generals within your private threads. The team rules force Generals to independently assess the situation (along with the use of orders), the magic is kind of lost if corrections are made.

This is going to be great :allears:

I'd like to see some kind of post-game commentary on tactics from people who have a firm grasp on stuff, because I'm sure 97% of the tactical nuances are going straight over my head.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Fat Samurai posted:

This is going to be great :allears:

I'd like to see some kind of post-game commentary on tactics from people who have a firm grasp on stuff, because I'm sure 97% of the tactical nuances are going straight over my head.

I can help with that, yeah. There are a whoooole lot of very small things that can balloon quite nicely. Tek mentioned a few, but there are definitely more which I will try my hardest not to reveal. :3:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Is that a reference to my moves? :ohdear:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Nope, don't worry :)

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Are we allowed to correct the moves of the other side?

Because I think the whole Allies moving west plan is a recipe for disaster, and heading east post-haste would be +EV.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fat Turkey posted:

Are we allowed to correct the moves of the other side?

Because I think the whole Allies moving west plan is a recipe for disaster, and heading east post-haste would be +EV.

Hmmmmm....is it too late to change my orders?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Too late for this turn, but feel free to use all commands available to you (including independents) to make up for it next turn.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
All Corps should be disbanded so that each individual block may decide its own fate without the heavy hand of government interference holding it back. Why should the naturally superior cavalry block be forced to accept the limitations of the infantry block? End the fed ron paul 2016

Alternatively: The blocks should form Soldier's Councils and refuse orders from the imperialist lackeys exploiting them for their own ends. With the Corps commanders overthrown, a mutually agreeable division of territory would be naturally worked out without bloodshed.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Aston posted:

Your team is realistically not going to do better than second-to-last, face it

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'd be happy with top 2 to be honest

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright, there's lots of stuff to update but since I wasn't home yesterday I couldn't get the maps up. I will update tonight so that I can have fresh maps ready.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Langeron moves up to St. Hilaire, but before he can set up for attack, St. Hilaire splits up his Corps, leaving a rear-guard while sending most of his Corps to the town of Puntowitz. Meanwhile, in the north, a detached French unit gets into position to threaten Constantine's Corps.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The attack proves to be a faint, but one unit from Constantine's Corps detaches in order to get into a better defensive position. Meanwhile, Lannes' Corps moves to the town of Tirzikowitz, while Vandamme has its units detach in order to place themselves in more defensible positions. Meanwhile, Bessieres moves North to position itself near the small village of Melatitz while Murat places himself in a more defensible position just south of the Santon.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I might not do updates on here regarding the map, since it should be enough to have the maps on the two private threads. Do you guys want me to keep going? I mean, people observing the game can just go on the private threads to see what is going on :shrug:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

If it'll cut literally 33% of the work, yeah, gently caress that. You can put both maps together in this thread for every turn once the game is over, for posterity. Or post them on bgg for a session report.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah that's my thinking. It would be much faster to update two maps instead of three.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

By the by, and this isn't a criticism of the team game, but if we were to do a non-team game at some point, it would allow *much* more tabletalk in the thread, like talking with observers and such. "I'm doing this because x and y, no idea what he has there but if it's this, I have the option to move over here and not lose my corp" and such.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Tekopo posted:

I mean, people observing the game can just go on the private threads to see what is going on :shrug:

I'm reading both, and I assume anyone lurking is doing the same, so go ahead and lower your workload as much as you can.

Then update 33% faster. :getin:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm reading both, and I assume anyone lurking is doing the same, so go ahead and lower your workload as much as you can.

Then update 33% faster. :getin:

Frankly it's us generals that are slowing things down.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm just reading the main thread, but GM convenience beats spectators'. I'll just have to pick a side to follow.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Being able to table-talk would be nice, but it would also defeat the purpose of the team game.

You know what? I'll write a thought or two about each turn I do and post them at the end.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Morholt posted:

Being able to table-talk would be nice, but it would also defeat the purpose of the team game.

You know what? I'll write a thought or two about each turn I do and post them at the end.

Yeah that's why I was saying, if we were to do a non-team game, could do lots of tabletalk with observers and poo poo.

rchandra, observers don't need to pick I side I think, just don't talk much in the team threads, it's meant to be very chaotic and generals don't know what they're doing because FOG OF WAR and COURIERS TAKE TIME.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Morholt posted:

I've been doing that and it would be cool if others did, too.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Come on you Allied pig-dogs, you blanchéd skunks, bring it on!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

It's me, I'm being tardy. Update coming tonight.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Fat Turkey posted:

Come on you Allied pig-dogs, you blanchéd skunks, bring it on!

Burn in righteous fire!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I meant that more in the spirit of antagonising the enemy as opposed to chasing up on people, progress is fine.

I just felt it had been too long since Emperor Francis' timid tribe of handmaidens had received enough comeuppance.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Tekopo, what are you going to use to send out the orders? I don't have PMs and I've realized that may be a problem. Do you still have my e-mail?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I thought they were going to be private.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, they are posted in the thread because there isn't any point to keep them secret from your team-mates.

• Locked thread