Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

FadedReality posted:

Here's the most fleshed out ancient calculator I've found. It even has an area to input your next ancient purchase to see if buying it is a terrible idea or not.

Can someone give me a step by step guide for idiots on how to use this? I obviously didn't do it right, since the values returned were just the ones I put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

neogeo0823 posted:

Can someone give me a step by step guide for idiots on how to use this? I obviously didn't do it right, since the values returned were just the ones I put in.

I'll answer your question in the other thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654305&pagenumber=22#post435981100

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

EDIT: Darn your ninja edit. :argh:

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 8, 2014

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
In clicker heroes, is it always the best gold/min to idle on the highest possible level area that isn't a boss? Or should I idle on the highest boss I can kill, or the first monster after the highest boss?

edit : whoops, wrong thread, well, whatever.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Wolpertinger posted:

In clicker heroes, is it always the best gold/min to idle on the highest possible level area that isn't a boss? Or should I idle on the highest boss I can kill, or the first monster after the highest boss?

edit : whoops, wrong thread, well, whatever.

The third and fourth levels after a boss give more gold/dps than the boss. However, he actual correct answer is to close the game unless you're actively progressing or using skills, since the offline gold gain is actually a little better than you can get while it's open.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 9, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

shaitan posted:

I'm confused. Isn't there another thread for non cookie idle games?

In the absence of Cookie Clicker updates and with the atrocity that is the new Adventure Capitalist interface, Clicker Heroes is the new poo poo.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is Adventure clicker supposed to have different incremental modifiers for each building? After 250 or so, oil companies are cheaper than newspaper stands.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Mass planetary deforestation is pretty expensive, you know. :colbert:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Asehujiko posted:

Is Adventure clicker supposed to have different incremental modifiers for each building? After 250 or so, oil companies are cheaper than newspaper stands.

The higher buildings (bank, oil) have larger base costs, and smaller exponential growth, yes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Asehujiko posted:

With the exception of Lemonade Stands (and sometimes Newspapers), in the long run the lower buildings are there to earn bonuses to boost the productive buildings.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How many cookies in the bank does it take to get Dr. T after selling everything but Cursors and using the Chocolate Egg?

I'm at 230 Prisms, which I've heard is the optimal stopping point, and 359 Cursors. Is there like, an explicit formula written out anywhere? I don't want to have to rederive it myself :(

(since beta is never arriving I figured I might as well get it beforehand)

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
At first lower tier buildings cost less than the higher tier ones, but after 100 of a building or so it gradually inverts. So Oil Wells get cheaper to make than Newspaper Stands. This is a pretty constant change, and while boosts will switch around your most profitable building. Oil Wells start as the best, then gradually Lemonade becomes amazing, before Oil Wells catch up and surpass them after 1000 buildings or so.

Newspaper Stands are very bad for money on their own, but for the revenue doubling of all the other industries when you have 100 in each you will need those stands around.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Blind Duke posted:

At first lower tier buildings cost less than the higher tier ones, but after 100 of a building or so it gradually inverts. So Oil Wells get cheaper to make than Newspaper Stands. This is a pretty constant change, and while boosts will switch around your most profitable building. Oil Wells start as the best, then gradually Lemonade becomes amazing, before Oil Wells catch up and surpass them after 1000 buildings or so.

Newspaper Stands are very bad for money on their own, but for the revenue doubling of all the other industries when you have 100 in each you will need those stands around.

Newspapers are also the most expensive building past ~1500 or so. I'm at ~2000 everything and the newspapers are a couple of orders of magnitude more expensive than everything else.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
This is what mine looked like right before I reset:

Newspapers caught up a bit because of the new manager.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

If you're not resetting twice daily in Adventure Capitalist, you're doing it wrong. :smug:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I did my weekly Dr T. check in Cookie Clicker (export save, sell all buildings except Cursors, buy as many cursors as possible, sigh, import save) and it got up to 398. Maybe next week I can finally be free. :unsmith:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Merijn posted:

I did my weekly Dr T. check in Cookie Clicker (export save, sell all buildings except Cursors, buy as many cursors as possible, sigh, import save) and it got up to 398. Maybe next week I can finally be free. :unsmith:

What about the octillion cookies in a single reset achievement?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Merijn posted:

If you're not resetting twice daily in Adventure Capitalist, you're doing it wrong. :smug:

Not at the end :(

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Small update I guess:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/2kr7ib/surprise_update_v10466_on_live/

quote:

Seems to only update seasons automatically now, but this is the first update in over 5 months so that's nice. thanks, orty
New season dates:
Valentine's: February 10 - February 15
Easter: Sunday before Easter - Easter Sunday
Business Day: March 31 - April 2, will always override Easter
Halloween: October 25 - November 1
Christmas: December 15 - December 31

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
It's over, people. Stop clicking cookies.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
I refuse.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I won't, I still only have 3 million chips :(

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Holy poo poo, he hasn't released the prestige system yet? What the gently caress is that guy doing?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Holy poo poo, he hasn't released the prestige system yet? What the gently caress is that guy doing?

Making a game for the adventure quest people

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Voxx posted:

Making a game for the adventure quest people

please tell me that's a joke :(

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Just got my first 'blab' golden cookie!
Didn't even know these exists:

0.003226% to get "blab" (really rare):
Does nothing but has a funny message, which includes:
Cookie crumbliness x3 for 60 seconds!
Chocolatiness x7 for 77 seconds!
Dough elasticity halved for 66 seconds!
Golden cookie shininess doubled for 3 seconds!
World economy halved for 30 seconds!
Grandma kisses 23% stingier for 45 seconds!
Thanks for clicking!
Fooled you! This one was just a test.
Golden cookies clicked +1!
Your click has been registered. Thank you for your cooperation.
Thanks! That hit the spot!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Spiderjelly posted:

It's over, people. Stop clicking cookies.
gently caress you, you can't make me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I got Dr. T two weeks ago but forgot to screenshot it. It was a hollow victory anyway since I had to sell almost all my buildings to get it. I'm out.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

please tell me that's a joke :(

No, really.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Holy poo poo adventure quest still actually exist

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

FailAtMagic posted:

Holy poo poo adventure quest still actually exist
I know, right?! I played that poo poo when I was like 10. I remember that was back when pokemon and Yugioh cards were huge (for 10 yr olds).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I am bitter because my awesome high school video was called adventure quest and is much higher quality than that poo.

Think why you like "the room" when you read quality

Kane
Aug 20, 2000

Do you see the problem?

Conscious of pain, you're distracted by pain.
You're fixated on it. Obsessed by one threat, you miss the other.

So much more aware, so much less perceptive. An automaton could do better.

Are you in there?

Are you listening? Can you see?
http://imgur.com/oIZgP1O ok now what

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Just 100?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Now the real Cookie Clicker begins :getin:

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Wait til you get here: http://imgur.com/SmncOGQ

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

I don't see 400 cursors :colbert:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

gently caress 400 cursors and the octillion reset too

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Play the beta thats been up for ages, you'll get all the remaining stuff very fast with grandmas giving so much boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Beta is for losers who cheat

• Locked thread