Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dren posted:

so close

to english, you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

surebet posted:

As we solve the Bitstamp hack in a positive manner, a new price surge might be the result

And be we I mean you.

If you insist I could start the wiki.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

posting on page 220

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mido posted:

walt turned away every opportunity at doing the right thing because of his hosed up pride

this was established across all the seasons as he shied away from every opportunity to get actual help; rich philanthropic friends, having made enough to get and stay out of the game, having terminal cancer but demanding the absolute best at any cost, etc

well first of all, he had resolved to just die with dignity before his family guilted him into treatment, so at least up until that point he wasn't selfish and a pretty solidly good dude

and also he did give it up in the final season, that's why all the poo poo with Todd and Jesse and that wiry anxious lady who exported the drugs to Europe went down

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

indigi posted:

well first of all, he had resolved to just die with dignity before his family guilted him into treatment, so at least up until that point he wasn't selfish and a pretty solidly good dude

and also he did give it up in the final season, that's why all the poo poo with Todd and Jesse and that wiry anxious lady who exported the drugs to Europe went down

doesn't he explode some guy's bmw in the first episode?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that doesn't make you a bad dude IMO, just kind of a dick

e: especially after just being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. like, anyone would get a pass on that, esp since the rich dickhead with the BMW had insurance

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 8, 2015

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

indigi posted:

Didn't take the gray matter money, chose drugs and killing people instead

Also Rapes his wife

The point of BB is to trick you into sympathizing with a bad person. Walt gets given a lot of chances to exit but bever does because he's a prideful, arrogant and spiteful motherfucker who ultimately wants the path he chooses, no matter how much it hurts the people around him. The down-in-his-luck everyman who has cancer presentation of Season 1 is a trick to make you complacent about the ever more hosed up behaviour he demonstrates.

Bryan Cranston is p. good actor, you wouldn't have thought he could pull off sociopath so well from his MitM performance

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Bryan Cranston is p. good actor, you wouldn't have thought he could pull off sociopath so well from his MitM performance

or would you

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
from the new https://www.bitcoin.com website:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Magic The Gathering Online eXchange

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Didn't take the gray matter money, chose drugs and killing people instead

Also Rapes his wife

The point of BB is to trick you into sympathizing with a bad person. Walt gets given a lot of chances to exit but bever does because he's a prideful, arrogant and spiteful motherfucker who ultimately wants the path he chooses, no matter how much it hurts the people around him. The down-in-his-luck everyman who has cancer presentation of Season 1 is a trick to make you complacent about the ever more hosed up behaviour he demonstrates.

i understand vince gilligan picked him because he had done a great job as a humanized, somewhat-sympathetic bad guy in an x-files episode

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
where is the 3d art bitstamp digital memorial

c'mon deviantart step up your game

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

or like a lot of series they just winged it on the first season and when things took off and the network ordered the next season they didn't have any overarching plot planned out or even know how long it would last. so in an effort to find some way to keep it interesting they just kept throwing poo poo at the story without any real long term consideration for foreshadowing or internal consistency. sometimes it works (BB), sometimes it gets away from them (Lost), and sometimes it just becomes incomprehensible as they scramble to answer everything (Battlestar Galactica).

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

q: bitcoin vs. $?
a: $

q: is bitcoin legal?
a: define legal, subject to change.

q: how much does bitcoin cost?
a: idk man nobody knows now that bitstamp shat the bed and everyone just used their exchange value.

q: what is bitcoin?
a: a miserable little pile of secrets. (cryptography)

q: how do i pay with bitcoin?
a: VERY  CAREFULLY

q: where can i spend bitcoin?
a: well there was silk road, but that's kidna risky. bitpay and coinbase got your back if you like trading bitcoin for dollars via middleman to assuage your cashing out guilt.

q: what's special about bitcoin?
a: it is anonymous*, decentralized**, instant*** and fee free****, unlike***** dollars.

q: is bitcoin more efficient?
a: i was going to say compared to what, but then i realized the answer would always be no. so no.

q: where can i get bitcoin?
a: come to localbitcoin and get it wherever fine stab wounds are sold.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shifty Pony posted:

or like a lot of series they just winged it on the first season and when things took off and the network ordered the next season they didn't have any overarching plot planned out or even know how long it would last. so in an effort to find some way to keep it interesting they just kept throwing poo poo at the story without any real long term consideration for foreshadowing or internal consistency. sometimes it works (BB), sometimes it gets away from them (Lost), and sometimes it just becomes incomprehensible as they scramble to answer everything (Battlestar Galactica).

the plan for BB was always to have Walt become a legitimate drug lord, though the path to get him there was up in the air.

also lol @ the person who thinks choosing to die instead of get treatment when your wife is very pregnant is the not selfish option

also, Bryan Cranston apears to be one of the coolest people on the whole planet

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

BB had the major plot arc planned from day 1 from my understanding. some of the less consequential stuff in the middle likely came up later but they knew how it was going to begin and how it was going to end

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

just like los-ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahhaa

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

BB had the major plot arc planned from day 1 from my understanding. some of the less consequential stuff in the middle likely came up later but they knew how it was going to begin and how it was going to end

Jesse was supposed to die in season 1 before the writer's strike and they changed their minds, so no

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

hank wasn't supposed to die either, but the actor wanted to leave

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Nope, they winged past like season 1. Iirc, it was only supposed to be two seasons at first, and Jesse was supposed to be killed off in season 1 or something.
He was, however, almost certainly supposed to become a legitimate drug lord at the end, though. gently caress, even the name suggests it.

But can we please get off of this chat and get back to laughing at the types of people who want to be Walter White, but with no intelligence bitcoin?

e:f,b

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

i understand vince gilligan picked him because he had done a great job as a humanized, somewhat-sympathetic bad guy in an x-files episode
and that episode was written by... vince gilligan.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Wow England, way to be motherfucking shady jeeze

yeah over the last decade or so successive governments have noticed that lovely islands with literally nothing else going for them manage to do a pretty roaring trade in letting rich people do whatever the gently caress they want and they've just gone with it

we're basically the cayman islands with shittier weather

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Leck posted:

and that episode was written by... vince gilligan.

oh yeah. i left that part out :shobon:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Vince Gilligan did a few interviews where he commented directly on his intentions with Walt and how the character was always supposed to be a bad guy but yeah they probably didn't plan the whole thing out.

e: sry I'll shut up, took too long to post apparently

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Vince Gilligan did a few interviews where he commented directly on his intentions with Walt and how the character was always supposed to be a bad guy but yeah they probably didn't plan the whole thing out.

i'm already tired of talk about two topics ITT: Gilligans, islands

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

i'm already tired of talk about two topics ITT: Gilligans, islands

Someone tell me Butts are below 250$ so we can laugh again

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Someone tell me Butts are below 250$ so we can laugh again

sorry a ghost told us they went back up and that we all have lost

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

hey thanks for the pages and pages of BB spoilers, asshats

(waiting until homebound with a newborn to binge watch the whole series in one go)

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

TVarmy posted:

q: bitcoin vs. $?
a: $

q: is bitcoin legal?
a: define legal, subject to change.

q: how much does bitcoin cost?
a: idk man nobody knows now that bitstamp shat the bed and everyone just used their exchange value.

q: what is bitcoin?
a: a miserable little pile of secrets. (cryptography)

q: how do i pay with bitcoin?
a: VERY  CAREFULLY

q: where can i spend bitcoin?
a: well there was silk road, but that's kidna risky. bitpay and coinbase got your back if you like trading bitcoin for dollars via middleman to assuage your cashing out guilt.

q: what's special about bitcoin?
a: it is anonymous*, decentralized**, instant*** and fee free****, unlike***** dollars.

a: i was going to say compared to what, but then i realized the answer would always be no. so no.

q: where can i get bitcoin?
a: come to localbitcoin and get it wherever fine stab wounds are sold.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

vanilla slimfast posted:

(waiting until homebound with a newborn to binge watch the whole series in one go)

Snape kills Dumbledore.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vanilla slimfast posted:

the skinny guy in the hat makes drugs and sells it and this is very dramatic and people watch it all at once because binge watching is the new lambada

be sure to post your child's birth on the blockchain

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Bryan Cranston actually isn't that great of an actor :(

Also bitcoins are awesome I'm buying now while they're cheap.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Jizz Festival posted:

Bryan Cranston actually isn't that great of an actor :(

Also bitcoins are awesome I'm buying now while they're cheap.

lmao

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

quote:

Lois is upset that she keeps on gaining weight, but doesn't know that it is thanks to Hal. Dewey is convinced that the baby is telling to do things that keeps getting him in trouble. Meanwhile, Francis decides to become a nude model and begins to delight in the exposure.

mitm is a p good show. for the record, hal did it for sexual purposes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^^^yeah, mitm is good

TVarmy posted:

they *might* be more efficient than straight up bartering. maybe.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

vanilla slimfast posted:

very, very little of it was major spoilers, congrats on knowing that Jesse doesn't die in the first season I guess?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

don't show BB to a newborn. christ

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

As a Millennial I posted:

yes, they will be traumatized by the images and sounds that they can barely perceive, let alone comprehend

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
also cash dead drops are clearly more secure than bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

As a Millennial I posted:

i watched saving private ryan with mine, she has now moved to france and storms normandy every day

• Locked thread