Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whatever Zets' alignment, I believe the watcher claim to be genuine. The flavor of sending Taco out to watch seems to fit. :3:

If he's scum, the advantage of claiming like this would be to try and get himself cleared as a town power role, possibly drawing protection as well. The fact that he came forward despite having no data to give, except that "look out the scum might have a ninja guys" lends support to this.

But it would also be very risky since town is very likely to have a watcher of their own. If I was with him in a scumdoc I would have very strongly advised against it, or thrown a fit at him for doing it on his own before asking anybody. That makes me a bit nervous as well. But then, a lot of the more experienced players most likely to give him that good advice are already dead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Sorry all, I'm up the past today and being harassed by kids. I'll be able to post more tonight.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
no.

##vote Gough

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##unvote
##vote busb
##unvote

##VOTE BIFAUXNEN

##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Today I would rather lynch Gough, thatbastardken or Plotterboy, any of them could be coasting scum. And with a Gough lynch we'll get some useful info if he flips scum.

If it comes to it i'll hammer to resolve this watcher poo poo but the more i think about it the less i believe Zestubo is scum.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote busb
##unvote

##VOTE BIFAUXNEN

##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

you're wrong imo. Bif is one of the only posters still alive that i'm confident is town.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

you're wrong imo. Bif is one of the only posters still alive that i'm confident is town.

Way I'm reading it, he's asking you both to vote for Zetsubou-san, not casting aspersions on bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

Way I'm reading it, he's asking you both to vote for Zetsubou-san, not casting aspersions on bif.

I was a little confused about that myself, since I still have my vote left there anyway, he had both me and Zets in all-caps. I thought that might be for emphasis, like that's the "real" vote. Is all-caps supposed to mean that's who you actually think is scum, Lid?

Vote/unvote me for yes, vote/unvote Zets for no.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote Bifauxnen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks, gotcha.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote busb
##unvote

##VOTE BIFAUXNEN

##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

:v: TIL I'm an auspol mafia celebrity :v:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Its me im the lid whisperer

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I need confirmation from GM that my riding can slow down after a successful discussion on bike safety.

Helmets are the catalyst of life.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I can't figure out lid for poo poo, what is the secret?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is a bit of an awkward position. I think Gough(TIRADE) might end up being a safer choice for today, if the counter-claim isn't quite as direct as we first thought. Zets(GSC)'s claim was a pretty dumb move as either town or scum, and that makes it hard to judge which is more likely.

While if Gough(TIRADE) is scum, he had scumbro Xylo(TBK) actively trying to get the vote away from him, which has more meat to it. (and if you believe I'm scum, you could see my voting for Mills as only further evidence for trying to protect Gough at the time)

I don't want derail this idea though, if people think I'm scummy trying to direct the vote away from Zetsubou(GSC).

Lid, when you want us to stick with voting Zets, is it for any other reason or argument besides the counter-claim?

vote/unvote Tithin for yes, vote/unvote busb for no. (and then finish up with getting back to your real vote)

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

I can't figure out lid for poo poo, what is the secret?

People in all caps are scum, people at the top are who should pay attention to the specific post?

I think?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote busb

##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
##unvote
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gough Suppressant posted:

People in all caps are scum, people at the top are who should pay attention to the specific post?

I think?

Yeah, that seems to be the system. That and trying to frame things in yes/no questions that he can confirm by voting a specific person.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote busb

##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

no thanks, i'm happier with my current vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also, that seems to rule out the idea of Lid(SK) going off an investigation, Tith.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

This is a bit of an awkward position. I think Gough(TIRADE) might end up being a safer choice for today, if the counter-claim isn't quite as direct as we first thought. Zets(GSC)'s claim was a pretty dumb move as either town or scum, and that makes it hard to judge which is more likely.

While if Gough(TIRADE) is scum, he had scumbro Xylo(TBK) actively trying to get the vote away from him, which has more meat to it. (and if you believe I'm scum, you could see my voting for Mills as only further evidence for trying to protect Gough at the time)

I don't want derail this idea though, if people think I'm scummy trying to direct the vote away from Zetsubou(GSC).

Lid, when you want us to stick with voting Zets, is it for any other reason or argument besides the counter-claim?

vote/unvote Tithin for yes, vote/unvote busb for no. (and then finish up with getting back to your real vote)

Let me be clear - I am claiming town watcher. There's nothing indirect about my claim. Vanya is my watcher.

Asides from this there's another aspect to my role which I won't reveal until tomorrow.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm also wondering why if it's based off nothing other than the counterclaim he has still switched from me to zets after apparently being pretty strong on me.

As far as I can tell the only thing against me so far is a really weak case put up by a third party and the (admittedly suspicious) defence of me by xylo.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Honestly, I'm going out on a huge loving limb here so if he is town, I'm hosed. Scum wouldn't do something as dumb as what I just did.

Milky must be doing with laughter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right, I'll stay put then.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Gough Suppressant posted:

the (admittedly suspicious) defence of me by xylo.
It's this plus your under the radar posting.

There are currently 9 players who don't have a vote down though so when people get home from work i imagine posting will pick up??

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##vote ZETSUBOU-SAN

lets see what the rain man has up his sleeve I guess

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Zetsubou, just a random idea that occurred to me here, on some microscopic chance of this all being a complete newbie misunderstanding...

you wouldn't happen to have just misread your role and got TRACKER instead of WATCHER, would you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

C'mon Zets, it shouldn't take this long for the scumdoc to advise such a simple matter. ;)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hm.

That's odd.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky could you check your PMs?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

tithin posted:

:ghost: Will do. :ghost:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Zetsubou, just a random idea that occurred to me here, on some microscopic chance of this all being a complete newbie misunderstanding...

you wouldn't happen to have just misread your role and got TRACKER instead of WATCHER, would you?

tithin posted:

Hm.

That's odd.

tithin posted:

Titshalom ... did Vanya lead you into the duck pond again?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Possible, with a healthy dose of mod screw up by giving me a result I shouldn't have gotten.

Awaiting clarification.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My completely non-game-related ability of "forums watcher" saw Zets skulking around in the game room though, so I'm feeling a little more confident about this vote if he's dodging the question. It should really be a no-brainer on his end.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
mope, lookimg over muy PM again and it hasn't hatvhed into anythingh overnight. it sti;l says watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, good to know.

• Locked thread