Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope not because I remember that dude and he was a dickhead but it's still confusing as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

CapitalistPig posted:

Honestly, Im pretty sure this is how TheRam always posted.

My shitposting always serves a purpose (sometimes I just think I've got enough cred to gently caress about) and I don't think it's too hard to tell when I'm saying something a bit tongue in cheek or to test something.

I was semi-serious with my scum team idea, because I'm not going to be fully serious about a threesome that involves all unflipped players, I have to throw it out there because I thought it and if it's right then lol crown me please.

Somber's alignment read isn't contingent on the alignment of unflipped players, but Narc is scummy either way and Lumpen looks maybe sus to me if Somb is scum.

MC ED just got some SCUM POINTS for that numerrik vote!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
The votes on Somber are terrible and from what I can see the case on him is "his D1 reads aren't right, must be scum!". Right now I'd bet money on TheRam/Somber being a town/town slapfight.

The idea that people want to lunch someone who is trying to hunt scum while giving Merk a "oh that's his playstyle" pass is crazy to me. If people really think that's fine and don't want to go for him, numerrik makes sense to me as someone who is (a) parroting TheRam's targets (b) without giving further explanation as to why, except (c) that he doesn't have time to play and is just going to throw out votes.

##vote numerrik

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Whoops I just realised there was a typo in my vote ##vote numerrik

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Unless you want to try to win the game based solely on night actions I don't see why we would ever actually lynch numerrik who hasn't said enough for people to really get any read on, and who is the loving hugest scapegoat for three players who people should want to kill.

1) Somber for everything.
2) MC ED for being scummy up until the meltdown, making an earest sounding sadpost and then proceeeding to jump on numerrik a.k.a the lazy easy to justify vote (and saying wah I'm confused which is a legit scumtell, it's easy to say I'M SO CONFUSED repeatedly when faced with having to make up reads and is part of why Somb is a scumnut)
3) Narc, for reasons discussed previously.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ram, I could care less about scum points and I still think you're scum but I'd rather get rid of the dude that's producing literally no content than the dude producing a spectacular shitshow for our entertainment

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also if more than one person is saying your poo poo is confusing and makes no sense maybe take the hint because no scum in existence is dumb enough to gang up with other scum and make the exact same read on you d1

If you're town you're doing the worst town play I can possibly imagine

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Reminder that MCED claimed Busdriver.

MCED, I think it pretty likely you flip Scum Busdriver.
If Town by some chance, I recommend you please do NOT busdrive anyone. It leads only to bad things.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Can anyone help summarize the case on me? Three of the votes are from people who are admittedly not reading the thread. One of them is from someone who is very generously using all of their computer time at their mental ward to play this game. Amoeba's vote is okay even if it's wrong.

Amoeba102 posted:

Of people with significant or meaningful content, Ernie and Somb bother me. Just something off about them in a few ways they carried themselves. Ernie trying to claim proof CPig was lying in a way didn't quite fit right, like he was arguing fallacies knowing from the standpoint that it was all predicated on Ernie lying about being a lie detector. Somber trying to jump the gun to get self confirmed is just bad. Why get yourself confirmed - survival. Scum aim to prove themselves town more so than to find guilt in others. The mindset is just weird.

Problem is that it seems like it'd only be either one of them at most as since it would tie them too closely together to be a sensible scum gambit and I have more respect for them than to think that of them. I started off wanting to vote Ernie, but in the process of talking this out, I've started leaning more towards Somber because I've actually gotten around to vocalising what was pinging me.

##vote Somberbrero

I get why my interaction with Ernie could be perceived as sketchy. I'd like to see what Amoeba thinks now though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

Reminder that MCED claimed Busdriver.

MCED, I think it pretty likely you flip Scum Busdriver.
If Town by some chance, I recommend you please do NOT busdrive anyone. It leads only to bad things.

What? No. Busdriver is one of the most powerful roles in the game.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Im not doing poo poo until I trust anyone to be town which I don't see happening any time soon because this is legitimately the biggest clusterfuck of a d1 that I think is physically possible

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If you don't want Somberbrero then have this guy:

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I actually thought we were still in jokephase but yeah Ram, if you're seriously accusing me of being scum I'd like an actual good reason please

Scared

as the dude currently leading the vote count I feel like I should say no but I'm pretty keen as long as I get to have a meltdown before I get hammered

Calm (coached?!)

wait are we still in joke phase or not I have internet autism so I can't read your cues very well

No wait he's still scared.

If I'm not supposed to base my D1 lynch on knee-jerk personal reactions I don't really know what I'm supposed to base it on and i'm Legit Suss on anyone that gives enough of a poo poo about how I vote on D1 tot ry and change my mind so I'm sticking with the dragon hater for now

well at least you're consistent I guess? How much longer do we have? I don't actually want a turbo lynch just because this game is so full of poo poo posting so far I'm pretty sure we're just picking people at random at this point and I think bandwagoning is marginally scummier than pushing for no turbo so nah I'll hold out a little bit longer thanks.

I'm confused!

if that actually meant anything to me I'm sure i'd take in on board and change my vote but if we're voting for real now I went back and read the thread again to see what the gently caress you were talking about and the only person that I think I'm actually suspicious of enough to call out for it is TheRam just because he's lying like hell under the guise of trying to get the game moving, when his bullshit is actually making it way harder for me to tell what is actually going on, much moreso than the usual jokephase poo poo so i'm going to ##vote TheRam

Somb's bad case + get out of jail free card "I'm confused because of Ram!"

Honestly I just still don't understand what makes a good scum read on D1 and this is my third game and my whopping 4th game-day so I guess I should know by now but everyone has their own ideas, if I accuse TheRam for posting confusing poo poo well past the joke phase, I'm scummy for couching my vote, but apparently voting for people that you think are either scummy OR dumb townies is apparently ok because obviously (according to some of you) an inexperienced player having trouble on the most confusing day of the game is a sure sign they're going to be a liability for the rest of the game. Its also dumb as hell

I'm not going to give any reads on anyone because I don't think I can justify any of them enough to slow the existing momentum on me and if I try too hard to defend myself I'm just going to give whoever the scum out there are something to hide behind. If you guys want to kill me D1 for information great, I hope there's something useful enough here for you to use, but I honestly don't see the point in participating anymore. I'm really tempted to just vote for myself to end this day quicker so that you guys can see my flip but I'm 100% sure someone, probably town, would claim that's scummy as hell also.

FYI I'm a busdriver so there are probably a lot worse town roles to lynch on D1 so I hope my flip gives you guys all the information you need

and no I don't give a gently caress if this is a dumb or bad town tactic because a) I'm pretty sure I"m already dead and b) its just a game guys!

Typically a scum role!

What is this poo poo, switch out if you don't have time to play the game don't just pop in and out whenever someone is personally accusing you, if you're actually town id rather not have you in the game at all than pull scummy looking poo poo like this in between pointed South Park themed jabs at me

##vote numerik

Also if everyone doesn't stop using non current usernames to refer to people I am seriously going to ponybomb this thread because I'm wasted on endone and its hard enough to follow as is

Bad bad vote.

Don't know why I didn't consider MC ED/Somb as both scumbros, MC ED -> somb checks out.

Somb -> MC ED:
my move to MC ED was "unnatural"
absolutely no read on MC ED despite his meltdown and claiming busdriver

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I refuse to do anything to make this game more overwrought with misreads and false allegations

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Ram, I could care less about scum points and I still think you're scum but I'd rather get rid of the dude that's producing literally no content than the dude producing a spectacular shitshow for our entertainment

You couldn't care less, you are saying that you do care. I know you care about scum points actually, see my most recent post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Why do you think I'm scum?"

SCARED

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Haha I can't read social queues over the internet."

SCARED

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TheRam posted:

Unless you want to try to win the game based solely on night actions I don't see why we would ever actually lynch numerrik who hasn't said enough for people to really get any read on, and who is the loving hugest scapegoat for three players who people should want to kill.

1) Somber for everything.
2) MC ED for being scummy up until the meltdown, making an earest sounding sadpost and then proceeeding to jump on numerrik a.k.a the lazy easy to justify vote (and saying wah I'm confused which is a legit scumtell, it's easy to say I'M SO CONFUSED repeatedly when faced with having to make up reads and is part of why Somb is a scumnut)
3) Narc, for reasons discussed previously.

Because on D1 I grade my scumpicks on effort, not content. As the game goes on and we get flips and night results, I move from effort to content. You really think scum is more likely to post enough to get a good read on them than to lurk and post just enough to hopefully go unnoticed?

Somber's posting seems town to me. We're allowed to disagree.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Look I'm going back to bed this game flares up at retarded times for me and I don't wanna deal with it right now but lunch me if you want ram, you're just gonna look like even more of an idiot in 5 hours

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'm so glad I stopped talking to Somb because I was wearing out the D,U,M and B keys on my keyboard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ram calling something bad doesn't actually mean anything. Using your words might be helpful if you want me to understand how MC could be scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Because on D1 I grade my scumpicks on effort, not content. As the game goes on and we get flips and night results, I move from effort to content. You really think scum is more likely to post enough to get a good read on them than to lurk and post just enough to hopefully go unnoticed?

Somber's posting seems town to me. We're allowed to disagree.

No we're not! Pistols at sundown!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Somewhere along the line this game got mean. :(

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Well sure, I'd lunch Narco for this post.

Somberbrero posted:

Why is everyone excited to lunch Ernie for lying but giving TheRam multiple free passes?

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a D1 lunch actually hit scum simply based on analyzing posts. You of all people should know this!

Somberbrero posted:

2) "Somberbrero just wants to lynch me, he doesn't care about my alignment." Why would I antagonize a claimed vig? Why would I deliberately draw attention to this discussion? If I pushed a lunch on a town vig, I have no doubt that vig would shoot me. Ram is scum and not a vig, but that's his stated position.

Somberbrero posted:

Three of the votes on me are parked there and I don't see them moving, so I'm not going to claim. You really shouldn't lunch me though.

Murmur Twin posted:

The idea that people want to lunch someone who is trying to hunt scum while giving Merk a "oh that's his playstyle" pass is crazy to me. If people really think that's fine and don't want to go for him, numerrik makes sense to me as someone who is (a) parroting TheRam's targets (b) without giving further explanation as to why, except (c) that he doesn't have time to play and is just going to throw out votes.

Look I'm going back to bed this game flares up at retarded times for me and I don't wanna deal with it right now but lunch me if you want ram, you're just gonna look like even more of an idiot in 5 hours

Why do people keep saying lunch? I keep reading "lunch me" as "lunch meat". Is this some kind of dragon joke I missed? Is this some mason breadcrumb?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

Is Met sad or is he really...

SCARED

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Gassy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

Why do people keep saying lunch? I keep reading "lunch me" as "lunch meat". Is this some kind of dragon joke I missed? Is this some mason breadcrumb?

Some of us stopped saying "lynch" because it's problematic.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and then others decided not to get too stressed out about it. I'll continue to interchange vote and lynch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

For real. I know it's Mafia where everyone's an idiot, but this game seems a bit more insult-y than I'm used to.

TheRam posted:

People have said in the discussion thread that "lynch" makes them uncomfortable, so I've tried to stop using it. Honestly I find "lunch" kind of cheesy :rimshot: but I've grown used to it so whatevs.

Actually, I do like the dragon explanation - go with that instead.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

For real. I know it's Mafia where everyone's an idiot, but this game seems a bit more insult-y than I'm used to.

In my defense I did say I'd stop talking to Somb.

Anyone remember when that discussion was? I'd be interested to read it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Death makes me uncomfortable. Can we just say were sending the people voted out to a farm in upstate New York?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I heard somb has always wanted to visit a petting zoo...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Someone should make Somb a Jester to break the cycle of Day 1 lynches.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

Death makes me uncomfortable. Can we just say were sending the people voted out to a farm in upstate New York?

I don't think 'death' has any specific racial connotations.

I felt like Ram's play is very different from what it used to be after doing a quick walk down memory lane here, but I don't think that says anything about his alignment.

Man, I really dug the flavor that game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Ecco's SJW skeleton squad has deemed the ad hoc fatal justice as properly signified in English language dictionaries as lynching to be a doubleplusungood word and instead insist on interjecting semantically unrelated euphemisms for the concept. I continue to commit the thoughtcrime of unfiltered vocabulary.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somb I think the meta arguments on me are dumb, I am highly influenced by my mood when I post and I have always been a bloodhound like I am in this game. If you can't see my good attempts at scum hunting and routine assassination of any jokephase then you really have failed to metagame me. Others think I'm doing my usual thing, and whilst I'd maybe rather that not be true it just kinda is.

My gameplay is schizophrenic at best, the only true consistency is that I write a lot and try really hard to catch scum. I vary the amount of "scummy" things I do based on players and how much I feel I've earned. If say I'm in a game with the few people I dislike I tend to pretty much just lurk and make list posts, that isn't the case here so I'm going HAM. Doesn't help that I'm stuck on the internet all day right now doing my dissertation so I'm only ever a tab away from a sassy one-liner and a nice distraction.

Most of the games I entered I'd say "I wanna try this" then get into a slapfight. But my scum hunting was usually good, especially my early reads, later the wealth of information seems to hurt me more than help me and my success becomes a coin flip at best.

If you're town I'm disappointed you've got me so wrong, and it's not OMGUS to say that just because it's me your accusing. When you embody the low hanging fruit then any counter-cases become low hanging fruit and that's disingenuous.

I will check out that thread now cus I enjoyed reading over 1 or 2 the other day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

I've always thought of it as an angry mob thing rather than as a strictly racial thing. Mafia, as a game, has always been about the angry mob mentality. It fits well within that context.

I don't begrudge anyone for being uncomfortable with the term but I also think they're being a little sensitive if they get upset by other people using it in the context of the game. I won't go out of my way to make a thing of it, "THIS GUY is going to be strange fruit in the trees by tomorrow" or anything like that because that would be godawful rude. Intent has everything to do with what I'll find offensive.

If someone just can't get past seeing the word, I'm sure there are browser tools that can filter it to something more agreeable.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

Somb I think the meta arguments on me are dumb, I am highly influenced by my mood when I post and I have always been a bloodhound like I am in this game. If you can't see my good attempts at scum hunting and routine assassination of any jokephase then you really have failed to metagame me. Others think I'm doing my usual thing, and whilst I'd maybe rather that not be true it just kinda is.

My gameplay is schizophrenic at best, the only true consistency is that I write a lot and try really hard to catch scum. I vary the amount of "scummy" things I do based on players and how much I feel I've earned. If say I'm in a game with the few people I dislike I tend to pretty much just lurk and make list posts, that isn't the case here so I'm going HAM. Doesn't help that I'm stuck on the internet all day right now doing my dissertation so I'm only ever a tab away from a sassy one-liner and a nice distraction.

Most of the games I entered I'd say "I wanna try this" then get into a slapfight. But my scum hunting was usually good, especially my early reads, later the wealth of information seems to hurt me more than help me and my success becomes a coin flip at best.

If you're town I'm disappointed you've got me so wrong, and it's not OMGUS to say that just because it's me your accusing. When you embody the low hanging fruit then any counter-cases become low hanging fruit and that's disingenuous.

I will check out that thread now cus I enjoyed reading over 1 or 2 the other day.

Somberbrero posted:

I felt like Ram's play is very different from what it used to be after doing a quick walk down memory lane here, but -->I don't think that says anything about his alignment.<--

Man, I really dug the flavor that game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No one is telling anyone what they have to do, I just find that using alternatives to "lynch" is inclusive and positive behavior.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Lumpen posted:

Ecco's SJW skeleton squad has deemed the ad hoc fatal justice as properly signified in English language dictionaries as lynching to be a doubleplusungood word and instead insist on interjecting semantically unrelated euphemisms for the concept. I continue to commit the thoughtcrime of unfiltered vocabulary.

lynch lynch lynch!

also holy gently caress Somber that game your writing was awesome man.

also my back and forth with Joden early D2 had me literally lolling.

I think I'm pretty similar to that game though, I learned to filter myself down slowly over time and again depending on the crowd but my ideas are all consistent.

i forgot about cool writing FX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

No one is telling anyone what they have to do, I just find that using alternatives to "lynch" is inclusive and positive behavior.

So you're insinuating I'm being exclusive and negative by saying "lynch"?

That's extreme.

• Locked thread