Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Krell is not #1 at anything.

#1 at being a shitheel

#1 policylynch

#1 person to immediately put on your ignore list

You're just not being creative enough here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Byers2142 posted:

It was posted by Krell. That's an amazing reason to do so.

I don't play that metagame bullshit. TT let them in the game, they posted something, I take it into consideration

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Byers2142 posted:

I just hope that doesn't happen every time. I'm worried it will, and that the other threads are ways for players to continue playing after death. If TT has introduced Redemption Island to Mafia, you'd need to have flipless deaths.

I got the flip for Krell by complaining that there was no flip, and Gulag says they got a PM about it too. I assume the rest of the people in that 5 minute span didn't get a PM about it since they didn't speak up (and didn't address the lack of flip directly)

Khris Kruel posted:

when the gently caress did I say it was absolute truth?

You really need to learn what straw manning is, and how it's a logical fallacy

this is what's known as the fallacy fallacy, where people resort to namedropping fallacies in lieu of an actual argument

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Everybody should vist me some night, I don't mind when, I like having tea parties with friends and you are all invited.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Khris Kruel posted:

The mod said they were confirmed town, so you do what you want, but I'm not looking at three players until I have reason to otherwise, when I have 90+ players to look to for scum.

If it comes down to end game, and things aren't adding up, I'll relook over my notes

"i'm not going to change my mind about anything until the end of the game"

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

flatluigi posted:

I got the flip for Krell by complaining that there was no flip, and Gulag says they got a PM about it too. I assume the rest of the people in that 5 minute span didn't get a PM about it since they didn't speak up (and didn't address the lack of flip directly)

this is what's known as the fallacy fallacy, where people resort to namedropping fallacies in lieu of an actual argument

would you like to share the results of the flip?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flatluigi posted:

like if what TT told me was true and he actually was a town-aligned princess then he's possibly the worst loving player I've ever met and all the people who are saying he should be banned from games are right, lmao

hmmm, tt also sent me thing about him being princess, but i assumed based on the grammar that he was just saying that krell was town, and then sarcastically calling me a beloved princess.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kat Delacour posted:

Everybody should vist me some night, I don't mind when, I like having tea parties with friends and you are all invited.

I agree, PGO is a pretty fun role.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Khris Kruel posted:

would you like to share the results of the flip?

He did. Town Beloved Princess.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

flatluigi posted:

"i'm not going to change my mind about anything until the end of the game"

seriously bro, just go to wikipedia, look up strawman, and then educate yourself. I'm pretty sure you're not THAT stupid

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but in retrospect it was probably not that.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

ok so gulag and flatluigi got a message from the mod saying that he was a Town Beloved Princess?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

why would you think that?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

hmmm, tt also sent me thing about him being princess, but i assumed based on the grammar that he was just saying that krell was town, and then sarcastically calling me a beloved princess.

GulagDolls posted:

GulagDolls posted:

I am illiterate.

Continuity!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GulagDolls posted:

"beloved princess" is a role where the next day phase is skipped after their death (due to the funeral b/c we all love them so much flavor-wise)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

why would you think that?

i dont think tt would call me a princess. he knows i prefer weirder titles

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

from the deepest parts of my mind, I vaguely remember "Beloved Princess" was something along the lines of the town losing a day of discussion because we were all grieving at the funeral...so if they died during night 1, we would go straight to night 2 with no day 2.

I'm gonna go look it up

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
##Vote:yuming

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Khris Kruel posted:

ok so gulag and flatluigi got a message from the mod saying that he was a Town Beloved Princess?

yeah

I thought he was loving with me b/c i thought that role involved the day phase ending *immediately* when it happens (that's the implementation I was familiar with foreeeeeeeeeever ago) and only when someone (poque?) pointed out a post TT made where he said in-thread 'everyone who has been informed of the death are the only people who will be' (or something like that) did I realize that it was him being serious

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

anyone else get his role?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tremendous Taste posted:

5 minutes have elapsed since death, Krell's flip will remain a mystery to those not yet informed.

this post

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

5 minutes have elapsed since death, Krell's flip will remain a mystery to those not yet informed.

so I guess this is where you got 5 minutes from

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Byers2142 posted:

Lid claimed a N0 scum result on yuming, KK thinks we should listen to Krell's scum list, Diqnol and I are bros, and I'm doing Tarot card readings. Still need a volunteer for tonight's reading.

I'll do it, can't be worse than the last time I had to go through tarot.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Lid posted:

I'll do it, can't be worse than the last time I had to go through tarot.

Sorry, Asiina already volunteered. I could do you the next night?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

ok so here is the list of players that are in the game that posted in the 5 minute window of Harold Krell's death:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

Can y'all confirm if you got a message about Harold's role?

Gulagdoll and flatluigi claim they did

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote yuming sound legit.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

ok so here is the list of players that are in the game that posted in the 5 minute window of Harold Krell's death:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

Gulag and flatluigi were the only two who mentioned flips.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Gulag and flatluigi were the only two who mentioned flips.

that is true, I want to confirm flatluigi's theory that only the people asking for the flip in thread were it, and not just anyone that posted in that 5 minute window

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
hello what is harold krell's flip plz message me mod

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Byers2142 posted:

Sorry, Asiina already volunteered. I could do you the next night?

That's fine

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Asiina posted:

I agree, PGO is a pretty fun role.

Pinky swear I'm gun free :) let's party for real tho

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Khris Kruel posted:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

i did not

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Kat Delacour posted:

Pinky swear I'm gun free :) let's party for real tho

I don't move at night, sorry.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I didn't get anything about HK's role either. All I got was an enigmatic smilie when I tried asking if I was supposed to even be alive still.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Here's what's making me suspicious.

flatluigi, gets a PM from TT about Harold Krell's role. No one else mentions this at all.

An hour later, he posts that he got a PM and that Harold Krell was actually a Town Beloved Princess

He assumes that only people asking about the flip got a PM.

Why not just ask if anyone posting in that 5 minute window got a flip? Why would he assume only those who asked?

Here's the kicker. Both Gulagdoll and flatluigi are on "the list"

:colbert:

Anyways, I just think its suspicious and want to see if anyone else in that 5 minute window got a PM to help collaborate their story

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't get anything about HK's role either. All I got was an enigmatic smilie when I tried asking if I was supposed to even be alive still.

why would you think you wouldn't be alive?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

im here whats up

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Varinn posted:

im here whats up

Uranus, the National Debt, and my blood pressure.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Varinn posted:

im here whats up

varinn save me from bad mafia players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

flatluigi posted:

varinn save me from bad mafia players

why would you assume it was only those asking about the flip and not everyone in that 5 minute window?

• Locked thread