Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Also same question for Pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hi guys! Expect cases to start trickling in from me tonight.

Max posted:

Viva Nova and I are now lovers, apparently. I guess they have that ability. :words:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Really? You cant imagine a town player thinking you're making a stupid move by letting the scum know how to get a double kill again tonight? :words:

Max posted:

You realize the only people that could confer that power are scum, right?

I'm not sure that's necessarily true.

bowmore posted:

This game has No power roles. I repeat! It is an all vanilla game.

But there is an exception…

Every night every player will send me a PM with a “last will and testament”. A letter that will be read out after they have died. Every letter sent from the start of the game will be published in this way. Each letter will be the minimum length of a 125 characters (a maxed out tweet) with no maximum length.

Upon the death of a player they may send current living player or players gifts from the afterlife concluding their business in life.

TheRam posted:

SCUM PICKS (ordered most to least)
Rarity (not sure between rarity viva, but I think rarity pips it)
Viva
Max (very very awkward over all, shows intellect, has an pretty intellectual scum game imo)

Max posted:

It literally just says Die.

If I were to guess, I would say that TheRam thinks that Max/Viva are scum and was trying to give us a way to take them both out in one fell swoop.

The problem with that is looking over Max's reactions, they're either (a) written from a town POV or (b) a result of some of the best acting I've ever seen. It didn't seem to dawn on him that it might have been done as a town move against scum, which makes me feel like he's town. This is problematic because I don't feel the same way about Viva.

Vivanova posted:

(long post about FV)

Now then. I would like someone to tell me why Exakt shouldn't be killed today.

Also same question for Pig.

Why case FV and declare that you think she's scum and then push for two other people?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

wall monitor (2): Byers2142, CapitalistPig
EXAKT Science (1): fiery_valkyrie
VivaNova (1): EXAKT Science
Byers2142 (1): Max, Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Max, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Murmur Twin (0): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (5): DuckHuntDog, Max, Murmur Twin, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, to be fair Ive barely read anything.

Ill look back at exakt when I get a chance (probably after work because Im on my last break now)

do me do me!

lol you're a dumb

##vote byers

I forgot

##vote wall

To answer Viva's question, I'd be fine dunking Pig tonight. As usual, I have a complete null-read on him, so this is more based on the fact that either

(a) Pig is scum, or
(b) Pig is town who isn't reading the game, isn't trying to make cases, and voting at random

I just lost a game to CPig as scum because whenever I went to case him, there was nothing there, and so I spun my wheels trying to find scum elsewhere while he beat me by just shutting up. I don't want that to happen again. Yes, this apparently makes me dumb.

I have the same basic feeling about DHD (who hasn't posted at all this game day) and WM (who I need to go back and re-read).

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote Propoganda Machine

I thought it was Hal yeterday and nothing PM has posted today has me reconsidering between jokes and just throwing votes everywhere.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I have the same basic feeling about DHD (who hasn't posted at all this game day)

That's a bit misleading considering the game hasn't been open for D3 that long and most of that was a workday.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Why case FV and declare that you think she's scum and then push for two other people?
Waiting for responses and you'll see.

Murmur Twin posted:

If I were to guess, I would say that TheRam thinks that Max/Viva are scum and was trying to give us a way to take them both out in one fell swoop.

Ok, MT, this is odd.

Cause I actually think you're right- it makes perfect sense that it was Ram, it's more likely than the scum did it scenario I suggested to Max this morning,

VivaNova posted:

Max, after some thought, I get how it could work:

One of Opop/diqnol made KB + Ram lovers, I assume Diqnol. The other gave someone the ability to make two people lovers N2. You can reasonably assume it was Opop and that he sent it to a scum. I agree we both looked like possible lynches today, and that this would be a decent scum strat.

I'm sorry I got snippy at you, it looked really crazy to claim initially.
and what byers suggested isn't possible.

I wrote this in response to byers when he was discussing it later:
"I came up with that scenario after considering max’s theory that scum did it. Initially I actually felt it was obviously rarity/kb/ram, and now I’m back to suspecting it was Ram."

But I didn't post it cause YOU said you received 2 gifts last night. That's a problem cause I got another 1 last night that wasn't the lover thing. Are you positive you got 2 different gifts last night, (bowmore's been sorta confusing with the PMs)?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

VivaNova posted:

Correction: he never voted her, though he offered. Doesn't make a difference, imo.

So here's the deal with FV:

When I started making that list FV was my #2 town but now I suspect that goodwill was largely from making cases I agreed with. When I reread I noticed some interesting anomalies:

1. She's an opop/defender but doesn't get cased D2.

She voted WM before the scumslip and never budged. This is all fine, there were legit reasons to vote WM D1.She spent a good chunk of time D1 arguing with diqnol about his dismissal of WM and doing a light defense of Opop. Here's her final post on the topic:

Actually, that wasn't my final post on the topic, this was:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but no. I was mostly just arguing semantics with Diqnol.

VivaNova posted:

Of the D1 WM voters, how the hell does she appear to have gotten a free pass D2!? OK, a big part is that town hero diqnol suspected rarity/myself in his will. But even Max, who diqnol pegs as town, has received more pushback over his D1 play than FV. She's slipped totally under the radar of the "WM push was a scum distraction" faction, which was the majority faction D2 and that seems super odd. And yes, D2 is long and super painful for me to read. If I am missing someone who threw suspicion on her, please show me.

In summary: FV was a straight D1 WM vote/Opop defender. She argued newbie scum stuff with Rarity against Diqnol. She was more convinced of WM over Opop than Max and I were. Yet she took less heat than all three of us. Why?

2. She's also one of the posters who does this at the beginning of D2:

Yep. Based on the flip I moved my suspicion of WM down my list. Opop parked his vote on WM and peaced out and WM was the only other potential lynch. I think it was more likely that WM wasn't his teammate, than that it was a bus. Why risk another scum teammate getting lynched when you've been caught on a scum slip?

VivaNova posted:

3. Backing off ES vote.

She was the first to seriously case exakt (not a popular pick at the time). But then she got scared cause Rarity voted him shortly before deadline. At first I thought that was understandable, but now I'm rethinking that. Why WOULDN'T town Rarity vote for ES for no reason if she thought she was the obvious target, as she said she did? Why would that scare you off yourself-described top pick? FV, I would like you to defend that action. She's voting him now, but idk if that means so much.

I have a suspicion that she's scum with ES. ES was obsessed with people who didn't vote opop D2, but somehow missed her. She cased him on a day when the vibe was very strongly in a different direction and abandoned the vote for a questionable reason.

I think I was the only person who didn't have Rarity/Viva as their top two scum choices, I know both of you were mentioned pretty regularly as the most likely scum. Town Rarity would definitely vote for ES for no reason, but she wasn't confirmed town at that point, remember, and I thought her behaviour was weird and it concerned me. The other two people voting Exact were yourself and Rarity -- basically everyone's top 1 and 2 choice for scum. It concerned me that the people I felt were town weren't voting ES with me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Reposting my case on Exact:

quote:

So on a re-read Exact really stood out to me. I feel like a lot of his opinions are faked. This is the first sequence of posts I felt like this:

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I feel messed up catching you like that, friendo.

Opopanax posted:

I feel perfectly fine about how I caught you.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

Hal has made a single post and Exact is trying to frame it as something it's not. Hal's comment is not even an alignment call, yet Exact is calling it part of a conspiracy against Opop. Compared to every other comment in the game about Opop -- and every vote -- Exact is claiming that this comment from Hal is the worst Opop related post. To me its totally fake to call this part of the "push on Opop" when Hal doesn't vote him or even make an alignment call.

quote:

More fake opinions on Hal. These are all the posts from Hal in between when Exact votes for him and when he unvotes. There is no explanation for why Exact feels better about Hal, and looking at the posts in question, I really dont understand why he might have changed his opinion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

(5 pages later)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree, and all this movement onto wall monitor looks like scum trying to shift the agenda

EXAKT Science posted:

I know Hal has a meta, but I don't want to just let that go. I know he lurks a lot, and in light of his last few posts, I feel a bit better about him. ##unvote

quote:

I also feel like Exact was trying very hard to make people look bad towards the deadline, and also that he started doing some light bussing.

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it's really weird that WM hasn't voted for Opop. Why not? His votes on f_v are also terrible.

WM can you show, with quotes, why you're townreading DHD?

EXAKT Science posted:

I look forward to when TheRam shows up and posts, because I have some weird ~vibes~ from him. His interactions with Opop in particular.

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

talking to Viva about Max:

EXAKT Science posted:

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science posted:

Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

EXAKT Science posted:

DHD I think it's interesting that you're latching on to the weakest part of the case on Opop. Also you should case Hal.

EXAKT Science posted:

TheRam didn't show up :(

EXAKT Science posted:

Was it an accident, or is it part of his agenda?

EXAKT Science posted:

The way TheRam was just completely absent doesn't sit right with me.

Also I want to look more closely at DHD and Viva.

The way Exact posts makes me think he is certain about Opop's alignment, especially when he is asking people about who they think is scum with Opop. However, this confidence in what he is writing doesn't match his voting, as he never votes for Opop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Now then. I would like someone to tell me why Exakt shouldn't be killed today.

Bring it on.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Viva you're going to look super dumb when I flip town. Also the idea that I'm scum with f_v is absolutely laughable.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm not lovers with anyone and I probably shouldn't be anywhere near LYLO, so now's the best time to misdunk me if you're going to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im town is probably the best reason not to kill me id say

##vote exakt

If he flips town viva is next.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Ok, MT, this is odd.

Cause I actually think you're right- it makes perfect sense that it was Ram, it's more likely than the scum did it scenario I suggested to Max this morning,

and what byers suggested isn't possible.

I wrote this in response to byers when he was discussing it later:
"I came up with that scenario after considering max’s theory that scum did it. Initially I actually felt it was obviously rarity/kb/ram, and now I’m back to suspecting it was Ram."

But I didn't post it cause YOU said you received 2 gifts last night. That's a problem cause I got another 1 last night that wasn't the lover thing. Are you positive you got 2 different gifts last night, (bowmore's been sorta confusing with the PMs)?

Hmm! I am not sure - I jumped to the conclusion that there were two gifts because there are two abilities, but upon a reread it says "a gift from the departed".

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not lovers with anyone and I probably shouldn't be anywhere near LYLO, so now's the best time to misdunk me if you're going to.

Who do you think is scum? You had a lot of theories early on in the game, how have they changed in light of Rarity / KB / TheRam all flipping town?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Actually, that wasn't my final post on the topic, this was:
Well, I think that's a bit pedantic, since it's a tangential post that doesn't illustrate the point you were arguing with diqnol.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yep. Based on the flip I moved my suspicion of WM down my list. Opop parked his vote on WM and peaced out and WM was the only other potential lynch. I think it was more likely that WM wasn't his teammate, than that it was a bus. Why risk another scum teammate getting lynched when you've been caught on a scum slip?
I guess this comes down to WIFOM, which I'm bored of discussing. You prolly shouldn't have been so dismissive tho.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think I was the only person who didn't have Rarity/Viva as their top two scum choices, I know both of you were mentioned pretty regularly as the most likely scum. Town Rarity would definitely vote for ES for no reason, but she wasn't confirmed town at that point, remember, and I thought her behaviour was weird and it concerned me.
So if she was town, she would have voted ES. If she was scum she would probably also have voted ES. So I still don't understand why did you thought her behavior was weird.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The other two people voting Exact were yourself and Rarity -- basically everyone's top 1 and 2 choice for scum. It concerned me that the people I felt were town weren't voting ES with me.
Ah, the real reason for your cowardice is revealed.

I think you should have had more conviction in your read and more faith in Rarity, Hal and I. I don't know why you escaped the vengeful maelstrom that befell Rarity and I D2. But you made an effort to defend yourself now, contributed to the town effort, never put a crappy vote on me and refrained from jumping on the chain lynching craze, so you are safe for now.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmm! I am not sure - I jumped to the conclusion that there were two gifts because there are two abilities, but upon a reread it says "a gift from the departed".

aha! Ok then. You might be slippery scum who weaseled out of a lie after I caught you, but I doubt it since you had no discernible reason to claim 2 gifts. This makes much more sense.

EXAKT Science posted:

Bring it on.
Well I believe I put the ball in your court soooo.... absolutely no reason to not shoot you now then?

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva you're going to look super dumb when I flip town. Also the idea that I'm scum with f_v is absolutely laughable.
Ohhh nooo. I'm going to look ~dumb~. Idiot town and I'm sure scum have been calling me scum for no good reason since before Opop loving flipped. Why would I give a poo poo if I look dumb. Go on, WHY is it laughable?

CapitalistPig posted:

If he flips town viva is next.
It never loving ends.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

If I didn't make this clear, I got a gun last night. I assume from Rarity and I assume to blow ES's idiot head off with, but I'm open to suggestions and grovelling.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Who do you think is scum? You had a lot of theories early on in the game, how have they changed in light of Rarity / KB / TheRam all flipping town?

Viva, Max, and WM are my top three scumreads at the moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

If I didn't make this clear, I got a gun last night. I assume from Rarity and I assume to blow ES's idiot head off with, but I'm open to suggestions and grovelling.

Really? If this is true I would prefer more discussion before any decisions are made.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Haha, I'm not going to grovel. Like I said, bring it on. I'm town, though, and if you shoot me, tomorrow is either going to be MYLO or LYLO -1, depending on whether more lovers die.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Like are you trying to bait me into getting defensive and panicking about potentially dying? That's not going to happen.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

I guess this comes down to WIFOM, which I'm bored of discussing. You prolly shouldn't have been so dismissive tho.

I stated my opinion on WM at the start of D2. How is that "so dismissive"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva, Max, and WM are my top three scumreads at the moment.

EXAKT Science posted:

Like are you trying to bait me into getting defensive and panicking about potentially dying? That's not going to happen.

Do you have a case on WM?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I stated my opinion on WM at the start of D2. How is that "so dismissive"?

you shouldn't have written off wm so easily.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

you shouldn't have written off wm so easily.

Are you blaming me for your own personal failings or something?

I stated my opinion on WM D2. You never even mentioned him. If you thought he was still scum maybe you should have brought it up yesterday.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you have a case on WM?

Yeah give me a minute

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Are you blaming me for your own personal failings or something?

I stated my opinion on WM D2. You never even mentioned him. If you thought he was still scum maybe you should have brought it up yesterday.
idgi. i know when you said that. I don't think it was a good reason to clear him. Byers has said the same thing. I didn't case wm D2 and said why I wasn't then and I don't particularly regret it. I never said he was cleared as town cause opop voted him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

idgi. i know when you said that. I don't think it was a good reason to clear him. Byers has said the same thing. I didn't case wm D2 and said why I wasn't then and I don't particularly regret it. I never said he was cleared as town cause opop voted him.

I still dont understand why you are telling me off for having a different opinion to you.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I still dont understand why you are telling me off for having a different opinion to you.

I wasn't trying to tell you off i was trying to play mafia. I'm sorry I can't do anything right this game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah give me a minute

It's been half an hour, how's that case coming?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah give me a minute

Yeah, how is that case coming?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Sorry, I've been dealing with other stuff. I'm like half done.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay, so Wall Monitor. When he first enters the game, he acts unsure of how to post. f_v calls him out, then he votes for her in a bout of pure OMGUS. He townreads a few people, such as DHD, but can't elaborate on those reads when asked. He never votes Opop, even after Opop votes him.
Day two, especially towards the end of the day, he keeps trying to paint me as desperate in my casing, and refuses to elaborate more than that. Seriously, WM, how am I being desperate?
Now he's going right along with f_v's prompting me for the case. It stinks.

##vote Wall Monitor

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So you think WM is more likely to be scum than Viva?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you think WM is more likely to be scum than Viva?

Yeah. Going into the day I was more suspicious of Viva, but the way WM's been snipey and not engaging is really rubbing me the wrong way.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

Yo anything to say?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah. Going into the day I was more suspicious of Viva, but the way WM's been snipey and not engaging is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Can you explain why that makes you think he is more likely scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

aha! Ok then. You might be slippery scum who weaseled out of a lie after I caught you, but I doubt it since you had no discernible reason to claim 2 gifts. This makes much more sense.

Well I believe I put the ball in your court soooo.... absolutely no reason to not shoot you now then?

Ohhh nooo. I'm going to look ~dumb~. Idiot town and I'm sure scum have been calling me scum for no good reason since before Opop loving flipped. Why would I give a poo poo if I look dumb. Go on, WHY is it laughable?

It never loving ends.

It's laughable because f_v is putting a lot of pressure on me right now. Do you seriously think the way she's casing me is a bus?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

This is your only post all day. Got anything else to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you explain why that makes you think he is more likely scum.

It's the tone, mostly. When there's pressure on me, WM is quick to jump in with lazy me too-ing, or with projection, like when he tried to case me for being desperate yesterday. I'm still not a huge fan of Viva, but she sounds more frustrated than anything else.

• Locked thread