Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

that's impossible. Hillary is 44

guess now i'm gonna regret not reading that thread

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMeCenP6Y0

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

http://www.ideabank.pl/ wow it is not a joke

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
those things are going to get robbed so loving fast.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fyi this already exists and it's called retail lockbox and things are moved between sites 10 times a day using actual armored cars, I guess the advantage here is that it's posted immediately vs. taking a day to process and not having to go to the lockbox site but it's nothing revolutinoary

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
its the using a tiny little shitbox instead of an armored vehicle that makes me think these things will become targets.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Main Paineframe posted:

guess now i'm gonna regret not reading that thread

don't, it was hundreds of pages mocking obviously mentally unstable people by people who unironically supported obama and hate women

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

turn left stymie nooooo

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

It’s hard to pinpoint the moment when New York and also technology started to feel like such a chore. Maybe it was when I urinated in a slim-fit adult diaper while waiting in line for the iPhone 4 for ninety-three hours and pronounced the experience “worth it,” or when I found myself testing out tweets on my wife during foreplay, or when a rat scurried across my face and into my mouth while I was checking Facebook and waiting for a C train that never arrived.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
women aren't equipped or capable of running nation states

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
of course neither are men

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

AWWNAW posted:

and waiting for a C train that never arrived.

those piece of poo poo silver coffins never arrive

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

those piece of poo poo silver coffins never arrive

wish your coffin had already arrived etc etc

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
next stop willoughby, willoughby, next stop

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Stymie posted:

don't, it was hundreds of pages mocking obviously mentally unstable people by people who unironically supported obama and hate women

one of my favorite threads is the joke thread "obama extends bush tax cuts" from 2008

because then he actually did do that and the thread became a living monument to how loving dumb lf was

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/5/8542059/twitter-marketing-anthony-noto

some highlights

quote:

As an investment banker at Goldman Sachs, Anthony Noto orchestrated Twitter's initial public offering. Now Noto is Twitter's chief financial officer, and he's changing the score again, moving the social network's hapless marketing department under his control. Marketing is not typically the purview of a CFO, and a source familiar with the situation told The Verge that the unusual structure was discussed in a meeting at Twitter headquarters Monday. "Noto is consolidating power, so to speak," the source said.

During the dot-com bubble, Noto hyped troubled tech stocks like eToys and Webvan. These days, he's better known as the Twitter exec whose direct message fail exposed a planned acquisition, and who later had his Twitter account hacked. Regardless, Noto is rewarded handsomely for his services. In 2014, he received a $72.8 million compensation package, mostly in stock, taking home roughly three times more than his predecessor.
The search for a CMO has dragged on for months and is still ongoing. According to one source, Kate Jhaveri, senior director of consumer marketing at Twitter, was passed over for the chief marketing role despite the fuss Twitter made over poaching her from Facebook, where she led consumer branding and mobile marketing for three years. The source told The Verge Jhaveri plans to resign, but she is still with the company. (She did not respond to requests for comment.)

The exodus of executives from Twitter has been an ongoing saga. The most tumultuous recent departure was chief operating officer Ali Rowghani, who resigned last June after "a dispute" with CEO Dick Costolo. If Jhaveri leaves, though, that will be at least the fourth high-level female leader to leave Twitter in the past 10 months.

That group includes Vivian Schiller, Twitter's head of news, who split with the company in October after just 10 months. Schiller, the former CEO of NPR, who held top roles at NBC News and The New York Times Digital, was a high-profile hire. In February, April Underwood, director of product, departed the company. Chloe Sladden, Twitter's vice president of media, left last August.
Noto's first task may be figuring out how to market himself a little better at the office. The same source told The Verge, "Twitter employees asking why Noto gets $70 million, but the company can’t afford to give raises, or bring salaries closer to market rates." Although engineers make around market rate, the source said, non-technical employees do not.
hurr why can't we fill these critical non-technical vacancies and keep our talent? better hire more engineers and finance dudes to figure out why

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

It’s hard to pinpoint the moment when New York and also technology started to feel like such a chore. Maybe it was when I urinated in a slim-fit adult diaper while waiting in line for the iPhone 4 for ninety-three hours and pronounced the experience “worth it,” or when I found myself testing out tweets on my wife during foreplay, or when a rat scurried across my face and into my mouth while I was checking Facebook and waiting for a C train that never arrived.

i uh.. uh??

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

http://www.theawl.com/2015/05/leaving-new-york-and-also-technology oh its this article lol

what a whiner

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i literally just lost my leg on the subway but this guy , this guy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i want to wrap my hands around this dude's neck and squeeze until he is 95% dead, then throw him roughly in a ditch and tell him that the rest of his life starts today

jesus christ

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

made it about 3.5 paragraphs before wanting to give him the mugging experience he apparently misses but with a nice stabbing to make sure he doesn't anymore because I'm a helpful guy like that

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

qirex posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/5/8542059/twitter-marketing-anthony-noto

some highlights

hurr why can't we fill these critical non-technical vacancies and keep our talent? better hire more engineers and finance dudes to figure out why

you forgot to quote this bit

quote:

If Jhaveri leaves, though, that will be at least the fourth high-level female leader to leave Twitter in the past 10 months.

That group includes Vivian Schiller, Twitter's head of news, who split with the company in October after just 10 months. Schiller, the former CEO of NPR, who held top roles at NBC News and The New York Times Digital, was a high-profile hire. In February, April Underwood, director of product, departed the company. Chloe Sladden, Twitter's vice president of media, left last August.

The women may be done with Twitter, but they still enjoy working together. In March, four current and two former female Twitter employees launched an investment group for investing in early-stage startups called #Angels. The same month, a former female software engineer named Tina Huang filed a class-action lawsuit against Twitter for gender discrimination, alleging that the company's process for promoting employees favors men and the hiring process is controlled by largely male upper management.

the tell-alls about twitter's culture are gonna be hilarious

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Munkeymon posted:

made it about 3.5 paragraphs before wanting to give him the mugging experience he apparently misses but with a nice stabbing to make sure he doesn't anymore because I'm a helpful guy like that

it is satire but yes i felt the same way

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

it is satire
oh for FUCKS SAKE

i'm never reading anyuthing ever again and am going into the god drat woods to beekeep and hate humanity

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

oh for FUCKS SAKE

i'm never reading anyuthing ever again and am going into the god drat woods to beekeep and hate humanity

i thought my bloodied, gangrenous stumpleg gave it way

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fiorina-has-high-name-recognition-among-thousands-she-fired

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol it begins already

"yes, this woman IS worse than satan!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol duolingo emailed me to say they were adding esperanto and klingon

not arabic or mandarin or cantonese or anything actually relevant

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Stymie posted:

lol it begins already

"yes, this woman IS worse than satan!"

were you not paying attention during her gubernatorial campaign? she is a bad candidate

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Carnegie Mellon, bithc

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

esperanto is a dumb lovely language and it makes me mad when these fuckers take it seriously

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

were you not paying attention during her gubernatorial campaign? she is a bad candidate

yes, but it's kind of weird about how she gets utterly vilified for her business dealings (and compared unfavorably to satan) while other candidates with similar business experience get debated about policy

hrrrrm

hrrrrrrrmery

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

qirex posted:

nice sexism :smuggo:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Stymie posted:

yes, but it's kind of weird about how she gets utterly vilified for her business dealings (and compared unfavorably to satan) while other candidates with similar business experience get debated about policy

hrrrrm

hrrrrrrrmery

hey at least it's about possibly relevant stuff instead of what happened with palin when they could have used things like "gave money to christian fundamentalist death squads in africa" and didn't opting instead for "she's a woman"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SIGSEGV posted:

hey at least it's about possibly relevant stuff instead of what happened with palin when they could have used things like "gave money to christian fundamentalist death squads in africa" and didn't opting instead for "she's a woman"

it's just the start, the super sexist stuff is yet to come from the dems, especially toward hillary

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ive been waiting for them to add russian for a while but nooo, i get idiot nerd languages

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

e: nvm

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"liberals are the real sexists" - people who spend money to threaten women's healthcare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gosh it's almost as if political affiliation has no bearing on one's attitudes toward women and people of both parties are equally as oblivious to their own prejudices?!? :wth:

• Locked thread