Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

This might be a case of (as Milky puts it) "not knowing when to shut up" but if you want my justification for THAT, it was a combination of not believing kommando and not caring. "Guys I have to do this special thing so forgive me for posting weird" is kind of like "yes maybe but maybe not so why factor it in?" . Again, not a team player. Sorry Kommando. Thats the sort of thing I'll work on.

Do not misrepresent what I said.

beet made the case against Razor that nor voting is foolish and there is no reason to not vote. I replied giving an example when you might not vote for special requirements, I clarified and explained my project requirements, because they're town oriented . I never said forgive me or that I'm posting weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Kommando posted:

Do not misrepresent what I said.

beet made the case against Razor that nor voting is foolish and there is no reason to not vote. I replied giving an example when you might not vote for special requirements, I clarified and explained my project requirements, because they're town oriented . I never said forgive me or that I'm posting weird.

Noted and my apologies. I hate it when people do that to me, didn't mean to be part of the problem.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or didn't mean to get caught...

;)

Anyhow, I'm gonna dust all those breadcrumbs off my screen and head off to some meetings. back a bit later.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah it really does. I have a habit of getting day one scum picks and getting night killed for my troubles. By playing like an rear end scum keep me around despite the danger it represents. It's actually a sweet gig except for the fact everyone thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Like last game I picked the scum godfather after like 2 posts and people still don't know how I did it. And me not telling them is part of the rear end in a top hat gimmick.

The upside of this is if it happens often enough it can be turned into a gambit - if you die N1 often enough - then the scumteam decides not to N1 kill you in a game where you're town they get to make a case for your lynch D2 lol. That said I get why that would be frustrating :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Or didn't mean to get caught...

;)

Anyhow, I'm gonna dust all those breadcrumbs off my screen and head off to some meetings. back a bit later.

Are you breadcrumbing literal breadcrumbs? Is there some bread themed unit in SMAC??

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kleedrac posted:

The upside of this is if it happens often enough it can be turned into a gambit - if you die N1 often enough - then the scumteam decides not to N1 kill you in a game where you're town they get to make a case for your lynch D2 lol. That said I get why that would be frustrating :v:

Yeah I think I mentioned that last game I was in, I basically went "HEY IF I'M ALIVE DAY 2 I'M PROBABLY SCUM" and yep, that worked too, scum again didn't kill me.

In the end I think a serial killer killed me, which blows.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Are you breadcrumbing literal breadcrumbs? Is there some bread themed unit in SMAC??

Beyond Earth has the Pane-Asian Co-operative

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gough Suppressant posted:

Beyond Earth has the Pane-Asian Co-operative

Panko.

Cute.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Mithranderp posted:

Where is MaliciousOnion? I know it's his first mafia game (or second if you count one night werewolf) but being this quiet isn't very helpful for town. Don't be afraid, we won't bite...well, maybe beet will, but he won't bite much

Hi. Sorry. The demands of unemployed life are many and varied, and I'm not used to fast-moving threads.

I'm town. There should be someone who can confirm but I'm not sure who.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Still doesn't make any loving sense but whatever.

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm just especially hesitant to lynch Gaspy cause the one bloody time I was so super sure he was scum it was dead loving wrong and quite embarrassing.

If he's town he's gonna end up nightkilled and proven soon enough without us having to mislynch him first, but if he's scum then I guess there's always other scum? One truly reliable thing about Gaspy is he always posts a LOT so it's not like he'll ever be flying under the radar, which tends to be a much more threatening way for scum to win in Auspol.

I guess there is the danger that the "leave him be for now" attitude would give him a free pass to coast on as scum but he's never actually made it that far so I dunno.

I'm not too suss on Tirade for his complaining though, I'm more suss on the attempt to build it into a bigger bandwagon afterwards. Still phoneposting for now but it's cause I'm out having lunch, my internet at home is working again so I'll check in more in the arvo.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Noted and my apologies. I hate it when people do that to me, didn't mean to be part of the problem.

This whole mea culpa routine is even more unnerving than your usual play but god help me I'm buying it. If it's a scum play then it's remarkably well done. Also the votes have come on for you a bit too fast which has got me spooked.

##unvote

Don't know where that leaves us though. Gaspy was the only strong vibe I had from yesterday's actions. Anyone else got any ideas?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MaliciousOnion posted:

Hi. Sorry. The demands of unemployed life are many and varied, and I'm not used to fast-moving threads.

I know one way of validation...

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ooh, they might not know it was me who did the thing. I gave someone a Network Node. I don't even know what it does, only that someone got it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

It's quiet.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tirade (1): Kleedrac, Asphyxious, Kleedrac
Asphyxious (1): Tirade, Gough Suppressant, Kommando, thatbastardken, Kommando, thatbastardken, Tirade

Not Voting (11): Bifauxnen, Kleedrac, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, Tirade, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 9 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

It's quiet.

it always is around now. "Lunch Slump". probably won't be any activity for hours.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

it always is around now. "Lunch Slump". probably won't be any activity for hours.

Beet gets on the turps on his three hour lunchbreak

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i'd like to vote for someone but i don't know who

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

i'd like to vote for someone but i don't know who

gaspy imo

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Kommando why did you unnecessarily vote yesterday when you knew it would likely gently caress up your win condition

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, after getting caught up and looking again at the Gaspy vote, I still feel less suss on the early votes putting their opinions more boldly out there. Beet didn't join in, but he seemed like he maybe wished he could? But then him and Gaspy got way too far into WIFOM territory so I don't know what the gently caress. Kommando's vote looked more bandwaggony, but TBK's even more so, and both of them just unvoted soon as the wind shifted a little.

But anyway, today feels really weak, I don't feel strongly about any of my reads yet so I'm just hoping if I don't poison the well too much I might hopefully have a clearer idea by tomorrow. So don't take this too seriously to heart but I'm kind of defaulting to looking at TBK and Mith. They always post just enough to seem like they're engaged with the game, but usually not enough to keep me from getting paranoid about them being up to something. TBK more than Mith for now, because of the way he was Gaspyvoting. But I thought this one from Mith was a bit :ironicat: when she seems occupied herself this afternoon:

Mithranderp posted:

Where is MaliciousOnion? I know it's his first mafia game (or second if you count one night werewolf) but being this quiet isn't very helpful for town. Don't be afraid, we won't bite...well, maybe beet will, but he won't bite much

But speaking of that Onion...

MaliciousOnion posted:

MaliciousOnion posted:

Ooh, they might not know it was me who did the thing. I gave someone a Network Node. I don't even know what it does, only that someone got it.

That "someone" got it? You don't know who?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

But speaking of that Onion...

That "someone" got it? You don't know who?

Oh yeah hang on, both not knowing what something does AND not knowing who got it is a bit odd.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

No no wait hold up, he just said THEY didn't know it was him. I guess he just doesn't want to say who he targeted last night and fair enough too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay that makes more sense, somehow I read it like he was this crazy inventor variant that just shoots his mystery creations out the airlock.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

white mans burping posted:

Kommando why did you unnecessarily vote yesterday when you knew it would likely gently caress up your win condition

It's not a win condition.
I dont know what result is.
I dont need to abstain from voting to trigger it.
and voting helps town.

also, it wasn't certain that we could get a lynch while I was voting, and I was driving to the city from work then at a restaurant where I was talking to people irl and nor being a rude poo poo on my phone. when I saw we were at capacity and people were being nice (and frankly rather accepting about my project reveal) and offered me to bail on the lynch I asked if it was necessary since (it was 7 and I was on my second Hite and my bibimbap just arrived) I didn't expect people to be so trusting and it felt like people are assuming it's some sort of superweapon.
then phyx swooped in and smashed the hammer on Razorrozar and it didn't matter.
in hindsight it actually looks pretty bad for phyx as scum would know that razorrozar wasn't a filth, and hammering him would deny me my project another day, which is likely bad for them.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

It's not a win condition.
I dont know what result is.
I dont need to abstain from voting to trigger it.
and voting helps town.

also, it wasn't certain that we could get a lynch while I was voting, and I was driving to the city from work then at a restaurant where I was talking to people irl and nor being a rude poo poo on my phone. when I saw we were at capacity and people were being nice (and frankly rather accepting about my project reveal) and offered me to bail on the lynch I asked if it was necessary since (it was 7 and I was on my second Hite and my bibimbap just arrived) I didn't expect people to be so trusting and it felt like people are assuming it's some sort of superweapon.
then phyx swooped in and smashed the hammer on Razorrozar and it didn't matter.
in hindsight it actually looks pretty bad for phyx as scum would know that razorrozar wasn't a filth, and hammering him would deny me my project another day, which is likely bad for them.

Excuse me I hammered Amnistar, Razorramon was night killed.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

also after revealing the conditions, it's probable I'll get NK'd the night it triggers so I'll use my power of voting rather than be a tree stump.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Excuse me I hammered Amnistar, Razorramon was night killed.

correction: Amnistar.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

also after revealing the conditions, it's probable I'll get NK'd the night it triggers so I'll use my power of voting rather than be a tree stump.

nah I dunno. if I were scum there's nothing you've demonstrated so far that would make you a target. Also it kind of looks like everyone has those special missions so why you over anyone else, especially when you don't seem keen to pursue it.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Sphyxy I like you and you're my postin buddy but I'm getting a funny read from your tone this game

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sphyxy I like you and you're my postin buddy but I'm getting a funny read from your tone this game

funnier than usual? have we played together much in the past?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah I know who I targeted but not if they knew I targeted them; nor do I know what I did.

I don't feel there's enough evidence to warrant lynching Gaspy, though he's certainly not doing himself any favours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

why even bring it up then? If you're not fussed about trying too hard to meet the requirements, why tell us about it and act like we should be aware of your condition for some reason? :psyduck:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What type of funny read Mr 75%?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

why even bring it up then? If you're not fussed about trying too hard to meet the requirements, why tell us about it and act like we should be aware of your condition for some reason? :psyduck:

Well he's not too fussed in hindsight is my take away.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm off to bed now - but in the interests of avoiding a nolynch I say we lynch
##Vote Malicious Onion
He's made 5 posts all game none of which were coherent rational thoughts so gently caress him

That's it for me - night all!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toml you're more quiet than your recent quiet chill games.. No comment on gaspy painting you 50/50?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Toml you're more quiet than your recent quiet chill games.. No comment on gaspy painting you 50/50?

:shrug:

i'm not good at mafia, beet. my reads are famously unreliable. i'm just reading at this point.

as for gaspy painting me 50/50, i don't mind. if scum think there are people in the thread who doubt my alignment, i'm less likely to get nightkilled by them. no one seems to be taking gaspy's suspicion of me super seriously, so i don't feel the need to defend myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm back from uni :3:

Bifauxnen posted:

But I thought this one from Mith was a bit :ironicat: when she seems occupied herself this afternoon:

Yeah, the irony of calling someone out for being quiet wasn't lost on me. At the time MO had like half my post count, so I was concerned that they were too afraid to post or something.

AIGHT

time for my :effort:

let's see if I can do some readin'

Gaspy: Hammered a bit early last night, has a decent explanation for it (though usually a town gaspy doesn't often feel the need to explain that kind of stuff). Definitely being less opaque than usual which is probably good for town, but I'm not sure if I should be nervous about that.
Bif: I can't put my finger on why, but something's pinging me. Maybe because she's being far less liberal with her suspicion than she usually is (though I think she mentioned wanting to be a bit less flaily)? but idk, she's still making a decent effort to reason out arguments and engage in the conversation, which is IMO pro town.
Gough: throwing a lot of shade at gaspy pretty early on, but I can't say he's entirely unfounded. Especially the "deliberately looking scummy is bad for town" point. However, gaspy does that every game, so his deliberate scumminess doesn't make him any more likely to be scum this game than any other game. Very, very eager to vote Gaspy, not very circumspect about it. I feel like a real scum would be a bit less dogged about it. I think possibly town, but we'll see.
Kleedrac: Since I don't have any meta to go on, the best way to look at Klee's posts is to see if they're at least internally logical. My biggest problem with Kleedrac is how eager they were to side with Gaspy as soon as Tirade started voting for him. His justification for finding Tirade scummy seems to be mainly that Tirade didn't quote the exactly relevant post. But then while saying they're pretty happy to vote Tirade, they unvote Tirade? They're making an effort to make an effort (good) but something about them seems flimsy and not quite right. My read is that they're scummy.
Kommando: Is Kommando. So hard to tell when he's scum and when he's not, but I'm leaning towards "not" for now. Seems to be digging a bit into the lore which isn't reeeeally necessary, but probably just Kommando being a nerd.
MaliciousOnion: Has too few posts to really say for sure. Claims town, and I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt when someone does claim town, but has also soft roleclaimed, which may not be helpful for town in the long run. MO needs to POST MORE :D
Matthew Beet: Seems to be trying to be helpful for town. I think his posts are quite similar to those in the last game as well, and was rightly questioning both Kommando and Gaspy for their posts. I'm leaning towards town.
TBK: Missed the lynch last night, and didn't really contribute much yesterday beyond joke postin'. Seems quite suss on Gaspy, but unvoted when pressed, so might be trying to not appear TOO dogged about it. I'm leaning towards scum with TBK so far, though he always has a base level of scum for me.
Tirade: Another one who was very suss of Gaspy early on but subsequently unvoted when Gaspy explained, while calling it a "mea culpa routine". eeeeh. I am very borderline about Tirade, with a slight lean towards town because I think a scum tirade would just pop in, drop the vote, and not really bother to respond to explanations or unvote.
TOML: Very quiet, and dare I say...passive?? Has made posts about wanting something to happen, wanting to vote for someone (but not knowing who). Make some gorram effort! Was mildly suss on Razor (town). I'm also gonna sat 50/50. Even odds on lazy scum or lazy town.
WMB: Leaning towards town. People often get a scummy vibe from WMB, but that's generally because they care a bit more about having fun than being dogged about winning 100% of the time. Has made some good posts re: voting rushes and about getting a funny read from Gaspy, which I have too.
Z-San: Mostly white noise and annoyingly in-character posts, though that might also just be them having fun. Haven't posted very much (fewer posts than me, which is a good metric to go by) and nothing useful, at all. If they're scum they're not being very careful about it.

This is what I have so far. I think I'm most suss on Kleedrac rn, especially after

Kleedrac posted:

I'm off to bed now - but in the interests of avoiding a nolynch I say we lynch
##Vote Malicious Onion
He's made 5 posts all game none of which were coherent rational thoughts so gently caress him

That's it for me - night all!

Because if MO is telling the truth about being town and having a role, on the face of it, voting for them isn't very pro-town. Especially considering that Kleedrac was already suss about Tirade for better reasons than a low post count.

Thoughts erryone?

• Locked thread