Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

##unvote I feel the posts since WMB have revealed a fair bit more scummy behaviour than his idiot post

this is the most town thing GS has done imo, i haven't really considered him as scum because I thought this was quite genuine and insightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
##vote Tirade

I got a feeling

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
gdi, I posted right at the end of the old page. Now nobody will read my post :negative:

Mithranderp posted:

I'm back from uni :3:

Yeah, the irony of calling someone out for being quiet wasn't lost on me. At the time MO had like half my post count, so I was concerned that they were too afraid to post or something.

AIGHT

time for my :effort:

let's see if I can do some readin'

Gaspy: Hammered a bit early last night, has a decent explanation for it (though usually a town gaspy doesn't often feel the need to explain that kind of stuff). Definitely being less opaque than usual which is probably good for town, but I'm not sure if I should be nervous about that.
Bif: I can't put my finger on why, but something's pinging me. Maybe because she's being far less liberal with her suspicion than she usually is (though I think she mentioned wanting to be a bit less flaily)? but idk, she's still making a decent effort to reason out arguments and engage in the conversation, which is IMO pro town.
Gough: throwing a lot of shade at gaspy pretty early on, but I can't say he's entirely unfounded. Especially the "deliberately looking scummy is bad for town" point. However, gaspy does that every game, so his deliberate scumminess doesn't make him any more likely to be scum this game than any other game. Very, very eager to vote Gaspy, not very circumspect about it. I feel like a real scum would be a bit less dogged about it. I think possibly town, but we'll see.
Kleedrac: Since I don't have any meta to go on, the best way to look at Klee's posts is to see if they're at least internally logical. My biggest problem with Kleedrac is how eager they were to side with Gaspy as soon as Tirade started voting for him. His justification for finding Tirade scummy seems to be mainly that Tirade didn't quote the exactly relevant post. But then while saying they're pretty happy to vote Tirade, they unvote Tirade? They're making an effort to make an effort (good) but something about them seems flimsy and not quite right. My read is that they're scummy.
Kommando: Is Kommando. So hard to tell when he's scum and when he's not, but I'm leaning towards "not" for now. Seems to be digging a bit into the lore which isn't reeeeally necessary, but probably just Kommando being a nerd.
MaliciousOnion: Has too few posts to really say for sure. Claims town, and I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt when someone does claim town, but has also soft roleclaimed, which may not be helpful for town in the long run. MO needs to POST MORE :D
Matthew Beet: Seems to be trying to be helpful for town. I think his posts are quite similar to those in the last game as well, and was rightly questioning both Kommando and Gaspy for their posts. I'm leaning towards town.
TBK: Missed the lynch last night, and didn't really contribute much yesterday beyond joke postin'. Seems quite suss on Gaspy, but unvoted when pressed, so might be trying to not appear TOO dogged about it. I'm leaning towards scum with TBK so far, though he always has a base level of scum for me.
Tirade: Another one who was very suss of Gaspy early on but subsequently unvoted when Gaspy explained, while calling it a "mea culpa routine". eeeeh. I am very borderline about Tirade, with a slight lean towards town because I think a scum tirade would just pop in, drop the vote, and not really bother to respond to explanations or unvote.
TOML: Very quiet, and dare I say...passive?? Has made posts about wanting something to happen, wanting to vote for someone (but not knowing who). Make some gorram effort! Was mildly suss on Razor (town). I'm also gonna sat 50/50. Even odds on lazy scum or lazy town.
WMB: Leaning towards town. People often get a scummy vibe from WMB, but that's generally because they care a bit more about having fun than being dogged about winning 100% of the time. Has made some good posts re: voting rushes and about getting a funny read from Gaspy, which I have too.
Z-San: Mostly white noise and annoyingly in-character posts, though that might also just be them having fun. Haven't posted very much (fewer posts than me, which is a good metric to go by) and nothing useful, at all. If they're scum they're not being very careful about it.

This is what I have so far. I think I'm most suss on Kleedrac rn, especially after

Because if MO is telling the truth about being town and having a role, on the face of it, voting for them isn't very pro-town. Especially considering that Kleedrac was already suss about Tirade for better reasons than a low post count.

Thoughts erryone?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

me, being myself. :raise:

what does that mean?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Well he's not too fussed in hindsight is my take away.

I was asking Kommando, Beet! :v:

So hey, Mith showed up and I actually agree with a fair bit of that, mostly the stuff about TBK, and also Kleedrac's new post. Onion's just shown up to participate some more now, leaving some claim stuff out there to hopefully verify later even, so why drop a vote-n-run on him right after that?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Kommando posted:

me, being myself. :raise:

what does that mean?

You've always got a slightly scummy vibe for me :shrug:

Just like Gwyn being Gwyn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

gdi, I posted right at the end of the old page. Now nobody will read my post :negative:

haha, was just writing up that I'd read it but yeah that's an annoying place for an effortpost to sit.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
On a serious note, apologies for my content light posting

Have been busy and sleeping

Although I also feel like there is not much going on at the moment - feels a bit like everyone is waiting for someone to stick their head out

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

TBH I'm not too happy with my assessment of Tirade, maybe I was too eager to give the benefit of the doubt. There are just a bunch of people who seem ever-so-slightly scummy to me and it makes me think "well they can't ALL be scum, statistically".

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Mithranderp posted:

In the interests of smashing the double posters business model, I have decided not to read your post on this page or the previous one.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Back from work.

Asphyxious posted:

It sounds like you have a lot of empathy for my situation.

I don't. I just think I've worked out your flavour, is all. Unfortunately, your flavour doesn't help me work out if you're town or not. :shrug:

Kommando's flavour is the same. Deirdre's tree-crazy ways make her uncertain if she would be pro-town or not.

I'm pretty sure I have a lock on Onion's flavor as well, and I'm sure his faction is strongly likely to be town.

This is all based on flavour though. So :frogsiren: take it how you wish :frogsiren:

I like this flavour so I'm having fun with it.

I'm wary of the Tirade/TOML thing from earlier today. Seems to be an attempt to get an easy vengeance lynch on gaspy going. ( :tinfoil: a scum sacrifice to the mind-worm bus? :tinfoil: )

Also: playing with WMB previously has made me come to give his hunches some thought - he has a pretty good eye for these things.

##Vote Tirade

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

TBH I'm not too happy with my assessment of Tirade, maybe I was too eager to give the benefit of the doubt. There are just a bunch of people who seem ever-so-slightly scummy to me and it makes me think "well they can't ALL be scum, statistically".

I thought I gave a fairly clear explanation of why I voted for fixy. I honestly don't think it's a sure thing and said as much in my post - unlike others I'm always hesitant to label people as certain scum unless I've got something really solid. But it was the only lead I picked up on from d1.

Gaspy's string of posts about how he's trying to be more of a team player sounded genuine enough for me to take my vote off him, but I don't actually know who else to vote for at this stage. His soft claim about having an investigative role sounded legit too.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I think we're understandably a little cautious this evening. Tirade has a small lead at the moment although the arguments against him are nothing special imo.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Ooh, they might not know it was me who did the thing. I gave someone a Network Node. I don't even know what it does, only that someone got it.

It's a research booster - probably associated with someones secret project at a guess.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

time for my :effort:

Thoughts erryone?

Pretty good summary. Here's a couple of minor tweaks from my perspective:

Kommando: leaning town atm due to the reasons I explained earlier.
Kleedrac: I agree that he's been suss and by gaspy's dumb logic I should be annoyed at him for voting for me since clearly only a scum would lead a charge on a town, but this post

Kleedrac posted:

I'm off to bed now - but in the interests of avoiding a nolynch I say we lynch
##Vote Malicious Onion
He's made 5 posts all game none of which were coherent rational thoughts so gently caress him

That's it for me - night all!
actually makes me think him less scum rather than more. It seems like kind of a strange post for a scum to do - if he was a scum and going to bed why not just do nothing? Or bandwagon onto me?

Also for completeness,
Mithranderp: super quiet for ages then a big ole effortpost that doesn't really say much.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Mithranderp posted:

Don't worry Mith, I read the whole thing. tbh it helps to see other people's thoughts for me, as at the moment I don't know much about strategy (see: roleclaiming already, I guess) or other people's play styles. I know my posting isn't nearly as prolific as the rest of you but I'll try and be better. Aaaand of course it just so happens that from ~now to 9pm is the busiest time for me irl, while I deal with kids' bedtimes, etc.

Maybe doing a player-by-player breakdown will help.

Asphyxious: Has drawn some attention as a potential scum but I'm not sure. Perhaps this works in their favour, for reasons other than being an actual scum, or maybe they're just a big mouth. I may be new but I've read enough to know that the latter is certainly possible, but it still seems like an overly dumb move to be so blatantly antagonistic - particularly after I thought they did quite well in one night werewolf to avoid attention, right up until Bif outed both of us as werewolves. Leaning slightly toward town.
Bifauxnen: From werewolf, I get the impression she's a canny player and very strategic. Of course, this would help no matter which team she's on. I suppose she was quick to jump on voting Amnistar out, but so were a lot of people. Don't have enough to make a decision yet, so undecided.
Gough Supressant: Not much to go on, really. Seems pretty intent on lynching Gaspy, but I guess that's understandable. Undecided.
Kleedrac: Seems happy to vote for me after I've claimed both town and role, without explaining why this is suspicious, only that I'm not posting much. Seems like being quiet is an easy way to get targeted, which would make voting for me an excellent ruse to get another townie lynched. Currently my number one pick for scum.
Kommando: Has claimed Lady Skye, which points to being town. Not much else to go on for me, though. Leaning toward town.
Matthew Beet: No idea, really. Some friendly banter going on with Gaspy but that's about it.
Mithranderp: Hasn't given much away yet, but has been trying to get me to post more, which probably counts in her favour, as I guess a scum would want to encourage my silence in the hope I get lynched. Not much to go on, though.
thatbastardken: No idea. Hasn't done anything particularly noteworthy to my untrained eye, so I guess I'll just leave it at that for now.
Those On My Left: Throwing out quite a few accusations, some of which seem to be flimsy. Of course, that could just be their play style. 50/50 I guess?
Tirade: Seems to be getting a lot of attention as a possible scum but I'm not convinced. Has made some good points and doesn't appear to be actively screwing anyone over. Not necessarily town but not suspicious.
white mans burping: Hasn't really made much impression either way. Undecided.
Zetsubou-san: I'm losing the ability to make judgements and need to cook dinner, so I'll just say undecided.

I know there's probably a lot of hemming and hawing but I guess I'm a cautious person. I will try to :justpost: more though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also Kleedrac I just noticed in Tirade's post that you've put a space between Malicious and Onion in my name. I'm not sure if it matters with regard to votefinder but just want to point it out. I mean, if you're going to lynch me, might as well do it properly.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

Also for completeness,
Mithranderp: super quiet for ages then a big ole effortpost that doesn't really say much.

:allears: yep, I'm super quiet.

Still have more posts than you.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'd really like to vote for Kleedrac, but we're close enough to deadline that I would rather not split the vote, unless enough people are also willing to vote Kleedrac

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Mith

it's hell early to be doing a massive effortpost like that, they usually come around day 5 in a big 20 player game

looks a bit like scum trying real hard to come off as town to me, especially after minimal posting leading up to it

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Great, another thing I've messed up. Thanks a lot Mith.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Probably making a good case for myself to be NK'd tonight.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

:allears: yep, I'm super quiet.

Still have more posts than you.

Ok replace super quiet with super low-value. I might have a relatively low postcount but I've stuck my neck out further than almost everybody in the game so far.

I'd vote to feed Kleedrac to the mindworms but as I said, his decision to pull his vote off me and onto MO actually counts in his favour. But I appreciate that it probably looks scummy to everyone else since y'all can't know that I'm not scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

MaliciousOnion posted:

Great, another thing I've messed up. Thanks a lot Mith.

huh

IDGI

white mans burping posted:

Hey Mith

it's hell early to be doing a massive effortpost like that, they usually come around day 5 in a big 20 player game

looks a bit like scum trying real hard to come off as town to me, especially after minimal posting leading up to it

Nahhh

I just thought that my D2 effortpost was actually pretty on point for the last game, so I though I'd give it a go this time as well.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

I'd really like to vote for Kleedrac, but we're close enough to deadline that I would rather not split the vote, unless enough people are also willing to vote Kleedrac

I like your argument against Kleedrac, but I'm not prepared to risk a no-lynch. Tirade is the only close thing at the moment. If enough people get on Kleedrac I'll change my vote, or hammer, or whatever. Until then

##vote Tirade

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

before anyone gets worried about why I'm more interested in a lynch than in advocating a target: 1) my secret project requires that I be involved in two successful lynches, 2) I don't have a good read on anyone yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

Kleedrac: I agree that he's been suss and by gaspy's dumb logic I should be annoyed at him for voting for me since clearly only a scum would lead a charge on a town, but this post

actually makes me think him less scum rather than more. It seems like kind of a strange post for a scum to do - if he was a scum and going to bed why not just do nothing? Or bandwagon onto me?

Maybe because trying to slip off to bed without voting very nearly got razor lynched instead last night?

I'd sure be up for voting Kleedrac. Or TBK but only Mith seems too suss on him too. Guess a vote for you could split the difference if you're sticking up for Kleedrac for bad reasons?

Can we get a votefinder in here? I just got home after spending a whole drat hour stuck in traffic to find that my loving internet's down again so I am getting grumpy. I seem to get line faults here in Brisbane the moment it so much as drizzles.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Tirade (4): Kleedrac, Asphyxious, Kleedrac, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san, thatbastardken
MaliciousOnion (1): Kleedrac
Asphyxious (1): Tirade, Gough Suppressant, Kommando, thatbastardken, Kommando, thatbastardken, Tirade

Not Voting (7): Bifauxnen, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 56 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ok chums, the absent posters have weighed in and people are effort posting early in the game, it's an unusually slow thread game for auspol and there's few leads.

I'm hesitant to guess cause I do want to see what this project does, but we can't have a no lynch day.

So im going to venture Beet is doing his wise old man routine to cover for his evil machinations.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe because trying to slip off to bed without voting very nearly got razor lynched instead last night?

I'd sure be up for voting Kleedrac. Or TBK but only Mith seems too suss on him too. Guess a vote for you could split the difference if you're sticking up for Kleedrac for bad reasons?

Can we get a votefinder in here? I just got home after spending a whole drat hour stuck in traffic to find that my loving internet's down again so I am getting grumpy. I seem to get line faults here in Brisbane the moment it so much as drizzles.

Yeah but razor publicly announced it that he was going to bed without voting. Kleedrac could have just not posted anymore and I doubt anyone would have really noticed since he'd already put a vote on me. But whatever, if it's a choice between me and Kleedrac I'll vote Kleedrac.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i have no loving idea tbqh

##vote white mans burpin

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh wow that is pretty one-sided all right.

##vote tirade

but as I said, I'd be interested in TBK or Kleedrac as alternatives if peeps start crawling out of the woodwork to agree.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
gently caress it, ##vote Kleedrac

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Two votes to lynch, we've still got just under 2 hours

Tirade posted:

gently caress it, ##vote Kleedrac

Tirade I know it's perfectly natural to not want to be lynched yourself, but you're not giving us any good reason not to, AND you're now voting for someone you think might be town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

i have no loving idea tbqh

##vote white mans burpin

hahaha just when I thought I was having a game where I was never suss on you for once you show up to just vote something outta nowhere pretty late! But then, you were town last time I was watching you do that all over the place and thought it was scummy... but it's for Soag, and he sounds like his usual scumhunting self, I think.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Don't worry, I'm not really mad. It's just that I decided to do a big effortpost like you, then wmb points out that it's a bit early to be doing them.

Since voting sentiment seems to mostly be between Tirade and Kleedrac (even though Kleedrac doesn't have any official votes yet), if I had to pick between them, I'd go for
##vote Kleedrac

I just feel like Tirade is being a bit more pro-town.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

hahaha just when I thought I was having a game where I was never suss on you for once you show up to just vote something outta nowhere pretty late! But then, you were town last time I was watching you do that all over the place and thought it was scummy... but it's for Soag, and he sounds like his usual scumhunting self, I think.
i genuinely have no idea this game

i don't know what soag sounds like, he asked me to keep him on ignore for this game.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

MaliciousOnion posted:

(even though Kleedrac doesn't have any official votes yet)

spoke too soon

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Who is Soag?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

wmb - it's an old user name of his

i'm about to eat some pasta and go watch game of thrones, might not be back in time for hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, it kinda reminded me of a game where I played scum with TOML. Like I said, lazy town (or confused town) or lazy scum, either way, not good for town.

Those On My Left posted:

wmb - it's an old user name of his

i'm about to eat some pasta and go watch game of thrones, might not be back in time for hammer

don't, it's really not worth it

(the GoT not the pasta. pasta is always worth it)

• Locked thread