Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Yes this would all have been super great to spot earlier. Go me. Fuckin idiot.

quick post your sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
TOML I didn't think you were scum but that was some piss breadcrumbs

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

quick post your sig

*sad trombone*

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gough Suppressant posted:

Eat the breadcrumbs, Craig

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

<shakes head>

People love to tell you who they are D1.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

I did, but yeah, those crumbs were a bit too subtle.

Like I know finding the balance between "hint" and "wink wink, nudge nudge" is hard, but now I'll be combing every post for crumbs and it'll drive me up the wall.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithranderp posted:

I did, but yeah, those crumbs were a bit too subtle.

Like I know finding the balance between "hint" and "wink wink, nudge nudge" is hard, but now I'll be combing every post for crumbs and it'll drive me up the wall.

I'll save you some headache: I have not breadcrumbed my role.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I'll save you some headache: I have not breadcrumbed my role.

Oh really? You've said something, twice now, that I thought was a deliberate crumb.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Thomas you crack the shits when other people dead talk so please go away

noone engage with the spirits of the cosmos please

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

the doc WITH a resurrection chamber. holy gently caress.

okay now we can have a leisurely chat. soag are you really feeling gaspy or is this just a spare of the minute thing? he's pinging me, but he pings me every game and my confidence post toml flip is somewhat shattered.

like i've never seen him round on someone like he did you, you're right, and his reasoning to me was that he knows he's town therefore knows you're wrong. That disregards that you might be town and not know his alignment and that we don't know his alignment so that argument doesn't work for me.

I'm not 100% on sphyxy, most of the time when i read his posts I get a rally weird vibe

But a few of his posts I look at and think that threes no way a scum would adopt that attitude or add those incidental details

I think if I wasn't so concerned about ruining the game for a friend I would be gunning hard for him

I want to have a reread of mith, she's generally been very low content and kicked off the Thomas vote

That funny effort post she made, with no other strategic thinking in the last two days, seems like exactly the sort of thing that would be cooked up ina scum doc with the intent of establishing a good reputation early on

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh really? You've said something, twice now, that I thought was a deliberate crumb.

Really?? Weird. Is this going to be another "cooler heads prevail" thing.

I'm embarrassed of my role. It is the tiny shrivelled penis at the mafia urinal. My only hope is that when I die the forums crash so no one sees what I am.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Man you guys play hard :) This game is far-and-away my favorite since coming back this year :)

MaliciousOnion: Are you seriously saying that just because you claim town and breadcrumb your role you should be left alone?! EVERYONE SHOULD BE CLAIMING TOWN - that's part of the game man. What scum is gonna tapdance around the alignment issue - the only role I could see claiming not-town is survivor (which is often a dodge for scum). Breadcrumbing is inherently useless - just ask TOML how much good it did him. Much like claiming it's not something anyone is going to breadcrumb SK/Scumteam unless its a post restriction. While we're on the topic and I'm good and ranting - breadcrumbing is like soft claiming - claiming is almost always bad for the town. If you're a town power role and you claim to get out of a lynch you're either going to be roleblocked for the rest of the game or killed at the earliest opportunity. If you claim VT you've done nothing because scum can claim things too and VT isn't something to be proven/disproven until your flip.

All of the above being said - I get where you guys are coming from - lynching me yesterday wouldn't have been as good as the TOML lynch because there are posts with actual opinions on TOML in the thread - some may be scum buddying up to a townie - some may be town suspicious of their fellow player - all bring information in their own way. Beyond MO's posts and a couple of others there have been no strong opinions on me - you'd be doing day 2 take 2 if I was dead :P But the bandwagon on TOML was quick and brutal - I'm going to assume it's because you guys are aussie and hunt like that because every butterfly is venomous and wants to kill you. I'm going to make it my mission day 3 to have several active cases through the day - and if we hit deadline and another "whelp - let's take out this guy" comes up with good cases on the board we'll have even more information :)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Breadcrumbs are useful because you can later refer to them if pressed, you can say look I am not making this up because it's convenient , I flagged this earlier

Of course that would require there to be a conversation, but no, much better to pile on after a poster has left the thread and can't defend themselves. God forbid a player ever goes to watch some tv.

Also lol at anyone saying my Breadcrumbs were too subtle, because it's loving stupid to expect a town doctor to be too obvious because the scum will then know who to kill

Also it should have been obvious that I was town from my secret project chat, especially after the secret project discussion with Kommando and the sp info in the flips

Anyway good luck town, you need it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
thanks mr ghostal i hope you're a lucky ghostal

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
gently caress off toml youre dead

take it to the chat thread if you need to tell us all why we're idiots and youve been wronged

also i like how we're so stupid because we didnt see your doctor breadcrumbs, but "lol at anyone expecting to see them because youre not going to make it discernible or else scum will lynch you"

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
bm, no gg

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Is the bm "Bowel Movement"?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Is the bm "Bowel Movement"?

Bad manners, but close enough

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Will post flips around 7 or 8, see you then

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen, CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Scum-aligned Godfather has been killed on N2!

:siren:The Secret Project The Merchant Exchange (allows rolecop investigations) has been deactivated!:siren:

Gough Suppressant, Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Town-aligned Cop has been killed in N2!

:siren:The Secret Project The Citizens' Defense Force (choose 1 player every night to protect from conventional and Psi attacks) has been deactivated!:siren:

It is not yet Day 3.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:ghost: thank you for putting me out of my phoneposting-induced misery, off to call iinet now :ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:siren:The following Secret Projects have activated:siren:

The Cyborg Factory

The Maritime Control Centre

The Space Elevator

It is now Day 3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (13): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Gough Suppressant, Kleedrac, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, Tirade, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 20th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 hours, 30 minutes.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Argh - at this rate my secret project will never come to fruition. Also we evidently have a vig or sk - if vig, well done - if sk thanks but your day will come ;)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Birdstrike: you forgot to remove the dead for day 3.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MaliciousOnion posted:

Birdstrike: you forgot to remove the dead for day 3.

I did it after I posted vote count. The next count will be fixed (the image on page 1 is fixed)

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Far out. I really don't know what to make of you Sphyxy, by rights Gough's flip should have damned you but Bif's flip helps you out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Haha the inventor sent a device to the Godfather. Was it a bomb?

Kleedrac posted:

MaliciousOnion: Are you seriously saying that just because you claim town and breadcrumb your role you should be left alone?! EVERYONE SHOULD BE CLAIMING TOWN - that's part of the game man. What scum is gonna tapdance around the alignment issue - the only role I could see claiming not-town is survivor (which is often a dodge for scum). Breadcrumbing is inherently useless - just ask TOML how much good it did him. Much like claiming it's not something anyone is going to breadcrumb SK/Scumteam unless its a post restriction. While we're on the topic and I'm good and ranting - breadcrumbing is like soft claiming - claiming is almost always bad for the town. If you're a town power role and you claim to get out of a lynch you're either going to be roleblocked for the rest of the game or killed at the earliest opportunity. If you claim VT you've done nothing because scum can claim things too and VT isn't something to be proven/disproven until your flip.

I wanted to talk to this a bit, I've been fairly undecided on bread crumbing but less and less do I think it's as useful as people think it may be. People bread crumbing are obviously, contrary to what's best for town, setting up a defence for themselves. What's best for town is you scum hunt and catch scum and I'm concerned bread crumbing sets you up for a cautious play style where you're worried you might get lynched and therefore aren't playing as good town because you're putting yourself first .

This is more of a problem the more useless your role is. Eg. A doctor doing it is bad, but less bad then a gimped watcher or vanilla town.

Bread crumbing also can give scum info if they pick it up. This is not good. Would you out right claim on day one? No! Games I've been scum i look for bread crumbs and in the past have picked people and prioritised accordingly eg. fruity as a vigilante due to a day one comment and killed her that night.

quote:

All of the above being said - I get where you guys are coming from - lynching me yesterday wouldn't have been as good as the TOML lynch because there are posts with actual opinions on TOML in the thread - some may be scum buddying up to a townie - some may be town suspicious of their fellow player - all bring information in their own way. Beyond MO's posts and a couple of others there have been no strong opinions on me - you'd be doing day 2 take 2 if I was dead :P

Well unless you flipped scum that is. It's also not unexpected of you, the only other alternative last night (with votes) to think the other person was a better option.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Quick skim of Bif's summary and history: didn't really pick a side on me vs gaspy, said she wasn't really feeling it for either of us. Suggests going hard on tbk and kleedrac, also initially throws some poo poo at mith but backs away from that after mith's big post. Votes for me, kleedrac, and finally toml.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Kleedrac while we've got you here, start staking out your position. Who do you think are likely scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Far out. I really don't know what to make of you Sphyxy, by rights Gough's flip should have damned you but Bif's flip helps you out.

Just re-read Goughs posts, he was 100% on gaspy from the minute day 2 opened.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bif is always scum. what did I tell you.

time to look at the TOML bandwagon.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
:ghost:is there a dead doc going? PM me an invite if so

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

quote:

Matthew Beet posted:

Not sure. Gaspy sounds wrong but so does toml and out of the two TOML's my stronger feel but no one is interested in him. 

Mithranderp posted:

I'm interested 

Asphyxious posted:

I wouldn't say no to a TOML vote honestly. 

Tirade posted:

I think TOML deserves to get fed to the mindworms for no other reason than pissing off during this posting frenzy. But I doubt we could get anything started on him at this stage. 

Asphyxious posted:

TOML opted to watch game of thrones instead of participate. I'd almost lynch on principle. 

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Those On My Left 

his WMB vote put me over the line tbh, and his wishy washy "IDK" posting in general 

And then theres just this rambling avalanche onto TOML.

Beet. Phyx, Mith, Tirade. Soag was behind a Kleedrac vote and then shifted rapidly.

a bit of talking, then bif jumps on for lack of a better direction and tbk drops the bomb.

I'm willing to bet Mithranderp and phyx are scum. and we have a serial killer because two vigilantes is highly unlikely.
last option would be two teams of two but that setup wouldn't have a godfather.

I'm also willing to suspect tbk is filth, but he likely hammered to get his project off.

three projects activated. what could they be? space elevator might be commuter, cyborg factory... BRB reading SMAC wiki.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

One project could have been activated through a successful roleblock, or some other successful activity.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:ghost:is there a dead doc going? PM me an invite if so

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Asphyxious, Kleedrac, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Tirade, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 20th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 47 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp, Thatbastardken and Asphyxious I level the accusation against you that you are scum.

Asphyxious, Gough Suppressant was certain on your guilt, unambiguously calling you scum. You deliberately work against the town and excuse your efforts as a personal protection measure that is supposed to trick the mafia into revealing themselves but just confuses the vote. you rolled on TOML eagerly without basis.

I dont feel you have much of a case for your innocence.

##vote Asphyxious

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I am not scum, in fact I am a town bus driver

Night 1 night I switched WMB with Razor
Night 2 I switched TBK with Bifauxnen

I thought TOML was scum because WMB was someone's intended target on night one, and WMB mentioned that TOML hates him, and then his random WMB vote yesterday kinda sealed him as anti-town for me.

IDK if there's any significance to TBK being targeted (maybe it was a vig or sk action, or maybe bif targeted TBK with her doodad)

In hindsight, Gough's certainty when it comes to Asphyxious makes me think that he got a scum result in an investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Kommando posted:

Mithranderp, Thatbastardken and Asphyxious I level the accusation against you that you are scum.

Asphyxious, Gough Suppressant was certain on your guilt, unambiguously calling you scum. You deliberately work against the town and excuse your efforts as a personal protection measure that is supposed to trick the mafia into revealing themselves but just confuses the vote. you rolled on TOML eagerly without basis.

I dont feel you have much of a case for your innocence.

##vote Asphyxious

tbk mentioned that his secret project involved being in on two successful lynchings, and three projects activated, so it's plausible. Doesn't mean he's necessarily town but it's worth pointing out.

Mithranderp posted:

I am not scum, in fact I am a town bus driver

Night 1 night I switched WMB with Razor
Night 2 I switched TBK with Bifauxnen

I thought TOML was scum because WMB was someone's intended target on night one, and WMB mentioned that TOML hates him, and then his random WMB vote yesterday kinda sealed him as anti-town for me.

IDK if there's any significance to TBK being targeted (maybe it was a vig or sk action, or maybe bif targeted TBK with her doodad)

In hindsight, Gough's certainty when it comes to Asphyxious makes me think that he got a scum result in an investigation

Not sure what to make of this. It does put things in a different light but it also seems very convenient for you. Can you explain your reasoning behind who you picked to swap?

• Locked thread