Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
aight i finally got around to updating the op, time to find the episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
watching ep2 mr benz should have been in every season

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 3, Gannicus just entered the room... with a wild rear end hair cut!

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

watching ep2 mr benz should have been in every season

He was awesome I wish he'd join the gang. It'd be nice if they could recruit someone from every country they visit, like Martinez. She was a pretty good pickup.

I just had to pause the latest episode to laugh out loud at Stonebridge putting on a Yank accent :D

Gannicus looks shady as gently caress, I love it. And here comes Tiberius!

God I love this loving shoooooooooow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You already know his accent is really american right?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

No way! I was convinced Philip Winchester was English. I've never once questioned it in 5 series of loving this show.

It looks like he has a major role in a new show with Wesley Snipes. http://screenrant.com/nbc-wesley-snipes-tv-show-player/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tell me you know Scott is aussie..

Philip Winchester does a sick Cartman impression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64wyItIv4k

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 18, 2015

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Tell me you know Scott is aussie..

Philip Winchester does a sick Cartman impression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64wyItIv4k

Yeah buddy! I'm an Englishman living in Australia so I've seen Sullivan Stapleton in a few shows here.

I bet they have so much fun filming Strike Back. I want to be their friend. :)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

This show is awesome, and I'm glad we get a final season of gratuitous explosions/shootouts/fights/boobs/car chases.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
They killed Private Furiosa ! :mediocre:

bou
Aug 3, 2006

of we can wish for comebacks, leaving out the obvious dead, can we please have her again one more time to scare the poo poo out of everyone please?

I mean, since we're heading for a global desaster, you can't leave out the pride of the FSB!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
FSBEH!

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

James R posted:

The up side to that spoiler is Damien Scott is already a badass. Think what the gently caress he's going to do to get the bitch that killed the woman he loved. Crouching Tiger, Getting hosed.

gently caress that. What a load of bullshit. They couldn't possibly subvert a trope, huh? Do something actually unexpected?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Here be spoilers. Does she at least go down in a fairly heroic fashion? If she's going to die, please have it be because she's a soldier, not because she's taking ride on the Damien Express.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mars4523 posted:

gently caress that. What a load of bullshit. They couldn't possibly subvert a trope, huh? Do something actually unexpected?

Yeah it's the most obvious and low-effort thing they can do. I'm glad I read the spoiler though, because now I can stop worrying if they'll go the obvious bullshit route or not, and I can focus even harder on the explosions and boobs ( RIP Richmond's boobs).

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
If they bring back lovely FSB chick after all of that bullshit I'm going to be pissed.

Honestly reading that spoiler has completely sapped my anticipation for the show.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Here be spoilers. Does she at least go down in a fairly heroic fashion? If she's going to die, please have it be because she's a soldier, not because she's taking ride on the Damien Express.

This. This isn't a show where people really survive very long outside the main two (and with the last season, now even with them the bets are off), so I never really expected her to make it out, but I was praying it would be like McQueen went down in the second episode, in a badass gently caress-you blaze of glory. She better go out in some gates of valhalla poo poo, I swear.

Aside from that, I didn't really mind FSBweh lady last season. I'd rather they swear in Benz, but you know...

Also, at first I was a little disappointed because I thought Stonebridge's friend with the bar was going to end up being Gannicus, but holy poo poo I'm so over that. That mullet and cheesy accent :allears:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Three episodes into this season and I'm not feeling it like a final season. I wonder if they knew they were on the way out when it was written or what. I don't really care about the badguys right now and I was hoping for better interaction between Scott and his son. The fact that they haven't alerted other branches of military at this point is strange, given the stakes involved, actually I kind of feel like the "mercenary smugglers" are going to be undercover because there's no way they don't run into anyone else trying to stop North Korea from getting nukes at this point.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
No, but -- I just -- why would... :sigh:

I barely even know which smiley to use to properly emphasize my emotions. Just... sigh.

(James R, why the gently caress couldn't you have just been trolling, man?)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Spoilers for Ep 4 - She went out a soldier. And this show has always loved a good death - usually right around this point. The blonde in the first season and Dalton last season - I think Sinclair was killed off around the midpoint of season two.

Anyone want to binge the next four episodes on demand so I can gauge expectations accordingly? Keeping them in Thailand for four episodes didn't really work for me - and I agree that this season has felt much more broad than I was hoping for.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wahhh!!!! Richmond.... we hardly saw you nekkid.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 25, 2015

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

KatWithHands posted:

No, but -- I just -- why would... :sigh:

I barely even know which smiley to use to properly emphasize my emotions. Just... sigh.

(James R, why the gently caress couldn't you have just been trolling, man?)

Sorry. :smith:

Finally due a new episode, I've been waiting a month!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
all you chucklefucks better be joking about richmond dying

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm gonna wait and binge-watch the last season for maximum buddy. I think it's how they'd want it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Sad to see her go but that was a good speech. Still underwhelming overall though. Martinez is kind of awful, and Michelle Yeoh has really been the high point. This show has had a run of excellent bad guys and she fits in perfectly.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

all you chucklefucks better be joking about richmond dying

On the cool side, she is Kelly-087 in Halo 5 apparently. That's pretty cool!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

James R posted:

:worship: this is awesome

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

when is cinemax bringing back my show????????????

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Scob posted:

when is cinemax bringing back my show????????????

It's already back in England. Either you can find :files: online or wait until Friday, July 31st

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

James R posted:

Fuckin' A, no way! I've been waiting for them to bring her back since I read the book, this poo poo's gonna be wild. Here's to hoping Michelle Lukes enjoys a long, successful career playing one badass character after another.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

KatWithHands posted:

Fuckin' A, no way! I've been waiting for them to bring her back since I read the book, this poo poo's gonna be wild. Here's to hoping Michelle Lukes enjoys a long, successful career playing one badass character after another.

Yeah, buddy! I'm so hyped for this game. Kinda wanted them to use the same actors from the Halo Forward Unto Dawn flick, but they're a bit too young and good looking to be used when that was them as 14 or something years old and they're all forty-something maybe now.

Here she is in all her glory with the rest of Blue Team.

Apologies for off-topic, it's been a month since I binged the first four episodes and I'm dying for new Strike Back!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

James R posted:

Yeah, buddy! I'm so hyped for this game. Kinda wanted them to use the same actors from the Halo Forward Unto Dawn flick, but they're a bit too young and good looking to be used when that was them as 14 or something years old and they're all forty-something maybe now.

Here she is in all her glory with the rest of Blue Team.

Apologies for off-topic, it's been a month since I binged the first four episodes and I'm dying for new Strike Back!

Ahhh, that's going to be so cool...

So have you learned your lesson re: watching the next four episodes, and plan on taking it one week at a time with the rest of us? If you do, you have more self-control than I do, but it might be easier to not be the bearer of bad news in the thread.

Preview spoiler: Was that Stonebridge going E.T. with the little Korean kid in the woods? Scott and Stonebridge being Ester's temp-dads was one of my favourite parts of last season, so I hope it's just as cute the second time around. Scott and Finn is fun so far, but I can't stop seeing him as Tiberius and I just automatically want bad things to happen to him as a result.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
gently caress. I keep forgetting odd-numbered episodes are always cliffhangers. Aggghhhh

James R
Dec 22, 2006

KatWithHands posted:

gently caress. I keep forgetting odd-numbered episodes are always cliffhangers. Aggghhhh

Okay.. I did not expect that as a cliffhanger.

I still miss her, if they touch his kid too he is going to freak out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, there was this moment when Martinez was trying to get back in contact with the guys where I bitterly thought "Richmond could have done it..." So not fair to Kim, it sucks that she's thinking so many things are her fault now. She's not a tech analyst, so everything she has to do now is just based on what she was able to pick up from Richmond, I assume.

Speaking of, hey, you guys remember when Section 20 used to have any back up at all? I know the thing with Chloe was supposed to be a personal favour, but you think the second they found out about the vanadium and North Koreans, they would've been sent as much support and intel as possible. Maybe Whitehall was just done sending them cannon fodder, but come on. They're down to four people.

Also, who else thinks Will Yun Lee is a spy for the west? It's either that, or he's being brought in as the successor bad guy for if Michelle Yeoh gets taken out. I'm not sure which would be better.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

FSBeh!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like shes back.... saw a promo shot of her and Bravo Team

bou
Aug 3, 2006

"This is the safety. Always keep that off." :allears:

James R
Dec 22, 2006

bou posted:

"This is the safety. Always keep that off." :allears:

With him saying he was in Delta on the video (which lets hope doesn't come back to haunt him!) and then the thing about THIS is the safety and indicating his finger, it was pretty much a shout to Black Hawk Down.

8 episodes available on demand on Sky, I'm so tempted to binge them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 7 was pretty loving great.

Naked Nina is the best Nina

• Locked thread