Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

Michael Jennings arrested. Slap on wrist incoming.

Well Daley doesn't seem to have much tolerance for off field dramas so I doubt we'll see him in origin 3. They don't lose much with Dylan Walker presumably coming in though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Is anyone watching the Raiders/Cowboys game. Austin just committed a hilarious penalty on purpose to close the half out and just concede two points at the end.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Is anyone watching the Raiders/Cowboys game. Austin just committed a hilarious penalty on purpose to close the half out and just concede two points at the end.

That was a pretty wild finish.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah it sucks to lose like that.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Christ the Warriors are awful

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
We seem to poo poo the bed against scrubby loving teams like the Titans a lot.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently what Jennings did wasn't serious at all, something along the lines of his friend was being a dickhead and Jennings was trying to sort it out and got involved, and then got arrested for interrupting the police or something

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

We seem to poo poo the bed against scrubby loving teams like the Titans a lot.

Also against good teams. And mediocre ones.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
We're doing a piss poor job of converting opportunities into points. It cost us last week, I hope we don't see a repeat.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

At least we're forcing dropouts.

gently caress, that looks short :(

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It sucks that an actual good use of the video ref cost us.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Good try that, I've been impressed with Faitala-Marriner in the lower grades for a while now

edit: Oh hey Shaun Johnson is playing tonight

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 20, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Shaun loving Johnson. Holy gently caress I like having him on my team.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

All that tackling is catching up to the Titans.

How much work is Matulino getting through? He seems to be hitting the ball up every set.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I think he's actually just onside

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I think he's actually just onside

Yeah. gently caress.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Disappointed with all the arm-waving on that play, when the play is continuing stop looking at the ref and start making tackles

edit: Good win, but it's just a bitter reminder of what this season should've been like all along.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 20, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I missed the start of this game. What the gently caress are the Bulldogs wearing?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

If Bird got 8 weeks or whatever for his dangerous tackle Josh Jackson deserves to at least miss Origin 3

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jono C posted:

Michael Jennings arrested. Slap on wrist incoming.

Almost disappointed it didn't include any bodily fluids.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He got away with it, but why did Gagai kick instead of passing?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

He got away with it, but why did Gagai kick instead of passing?
need something for the highlight reel

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

need something for the highlight reel

Speaking of which, that was a loving sweet try. I thought it was dead the instant Mamo kicked it, good on him for chasing it down.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Speaking of which, that was a loving sweet try. I thought it was dead the instant Mamo kicked it, good on him for chasing it down.
I've been waiting for Mamo to get a run in first grade

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

I've been waiting for Mamo to get a run in first grade

Moving Leilua along helps clear the backlog, but it still feels like Gidley is taking up a spot that isn't rightfully his. He isn't fit enough to play dummy half anymore, Roberts and Mullen are better halves and Matautia (and maybe even Mamo) are better fullbacks.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Why wasn't that an eight point try?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Moving Leilua along helps clear the backlog, but it still feels like Gidley is taking up a spot that isn't rightfully his. He isn't fit enough to play dummy half anymore, Roberts and Mullen are better halves and Matautia (and maybe even Mamo) are better fullbacks.
Gids will be gone next year and we'll miss his defence and energy but we need to give these young guns like Mamo a go

On the radio MG referred to Leilua as "a cancer" that he's glad is gone

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
loving hell Knights

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Why wasn't that an eight point try?

I have no idea. Also The sooner the Sims brothers are out of the game the better, they're addicted to high shots.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
where is the bloody urgency boys >.<

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

where is the bloody urgency boys >.<

They found out that I tipped them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't believe that high shot didn't deserve a penalty

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Yeah I know they don't like guys lying down but the new ruling is so inconsistent. The way I see it, rather than worrying about guys lying down they should worry more about players getting hit in the head and penalise it.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

It did. The referees are just useless and it wasn't reportable so the video ref had to let it go.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

It did. The referees are just useless and it wasn't reportable so the video ref had to let it go.
Well yeah, I don't see how it wasn't reportable, he had blood coming out of his nose

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anyway I'm not blaming the loss on that, we have serious attitude issues

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Well yeah, I don't see how it wasn't reportable, he had blood coming out of his nose

If I was a Knights fan I would probably agree with this, but the tackle didn't look that bad- no malice, not hugely wreckless or careless, more just bad luck.

bowmore posted:

anyway I'm not blaming the loss on that, we have serious attitude issues

The Knights were sleepwalking for about 20 minutes after Mamo set up that awesome try. Any idea what's going on in the club? They have a strong squad on paper, but there have been a few performances already where they just don't seem to have cared.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

The Knights were sleepwalking for about 20 minutes after Mamo set up that awesome try. Any idea what's going on in the club? They have a strong squad on paper, but there have been a few performances already where they just don't seem to have cared.
If I knew I'd be knocking down Knights HQ doors, but I'm pretty perplexed.

I could blame it on not having two fit halves but it's happened with them playing also.

I remember hearing an interview with Wayne Bennett on his way out and
he said something along like lines of "the Knights love to win when they win but if they lose they couldn't give a poo poo. They are just happy playing first grade and don't aspire for more." and with every game like this I'm starting to agree more and more.

I'm hoping we can turn it around with a bit of culture change with the new coach and support start while bringing the young guns in, but it's going to take a few years.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

If I knew I'd be knocking down Knights HQ doors, but I'm pretty perplexed.

I could blame it on not having two fit halves but it's happened with them playing also.

I remember hearing an interview with Wayne Bennett on his way out and
he said something along like lines of "the Knights love to win when they win but if they lose they couldn't give a poo poo. They are just happy playing first grade and don't aspire for more." and with every game like this I'm starting to agree more and more.

I'm hoping we can turn it around with a bit of culture change with the new coach and support start while bringing the young guns in, but it's going to take a few years.

They're more concerned with whatever 'lollies' Gids managed to get that week, and how big their night out on the town is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's why Wayne brought in Willy Mason

• Locked thread