Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Crabtree posted:

Nope, it's just a we're never going to escape the love triangle of Margret, Mort and CJ show!

Probably not but this episode had some good moments. Rigby in the cafe, the kiss cam/dump cam the fact mordicai shrugged the bad story off as well that happens to me all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just don't understand why they felt the need to bring back Margaret at all. She was never a very good or interesting character and has merely graduated from "a girlfriend trophy that Mordecai aspired to obtain" to "a hinderance to Mordecai's current, much better girlfriend." Meanwhile we don't get nearly enough Eileen.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I just don't understand why they felt the need to bring back Margaret at all. She was never a very good or interesting character and has merely graduated from "a girlfriend trophy that Mordecai aspired to obtain" to "a hinderance to Mordecai's current, much better girlfriend." Meanwhile we don't get nearly enough Eileen.
I don't understand why they didn't wrap this terrible love triangle plot after the sea turtle episode. That was the perfect way to end it- Mordecai, Rigby, and Eileen get in trouble; CJ gets over her hatred of Margaret to call her; and Margaret swoops in on her news chopper to save the day. Seems to me that would be case closed.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
My guess is that they ran out of good ideas and needed to pad out the remainder of the season, which is why so many episodes this season are either continuing the Mordecai/CJ/Margaret plot, or are bringing back stuff from earlier episodes

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Can't believe they'd do another soap opera episode better than a Death Kwon Do part III.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So many references in the fake story.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
CJ and Mordecai will never be happy. And we'll never see Rigby and Eileen go on a date.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PaganGoatPants posted:

CJ and Mordecai will never be happy. And we'll never see Rigby and Eileen go on a date.

Series finale: Eileen marries Rigby.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Series finale: Eileen marries Rigby.

Would be pretty funny if they got married and we never got an episode about them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Just saw the latest episode and I could not bring myself to finishing it. What the hell happened to this show.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I kinda feel the same way. I think initial charm was the wacky stuff that happened in response to mundane problems combined with the weird characters. The soap opera aspect has gotten overplayed and they keep rehashing stuff that should have been resolved ages ago (like the Mordecai Margarette relationship). The wacky stuff has gotten kinda blasé as the show's been on a long time now and the weird parts like Death Quon Do don't need so many call backs that don't do anything fresh.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 25, 2015

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I can't be the only guy who noticed that for the first few animation frames, Skips just randomly had his jaw hanging open like a slack-jawed idiot, but he didn't say poo poo.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shitenshi posted:

I can't be the only guy who noticed that for the first few animation frames, Skips just randomly had his jaw hanging open like a slack-jawed idiot, but he didn't say poo poo.
Actually, there was a weird animation error too on Monday's episode where Eileen had 5 toes instead of 2.

And it was kinda weird on Tuesday (although I guess this was an artistic choice) where the Death Quon Do owner had 5 fingers and everyone else had 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well gently caress.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I know we all saw this coming, but Mordecai is the loving worst.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This was terrible. I'm not sure where the writers are going with it, but Mordecai has gone from lovable loser to kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

kefkafloyd posted:

This was terrible. I'm not sure where the writers are going with it, but Mordecai has gone from lovable loser to kind of an rear end in a top hat.

At this point, he's right. He's not cut out for romantic stuff at all and I hope he just never tries dating anybody ever again.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I haven't watched it but did they break up AGAIN??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He pulled a Mordecai right during someone else's wedding. Hands and all.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

:psypop:

Unbelievable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The show does kinda seem to acknowledge that Mordo is just the worst by contrasting it with Rigby's hassle-free and happy relationship with Eileen.

Doesn't make it good, but.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I found it pretty weird that they treated Rigby and Eileen dating like it's some huge reveal, when it's like, how could you possibly not know.

None of the episodes this week have been very good. I hope this show's not on its last legs.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I thought CJ was a breath of fresh air until they decided to make her the focus of Mordecai's idiotic dating issues rather than another fun character that was just dating him.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this love triangle storyline is loving stupid

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I coudln't finish the episode.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I haven't watched this week's episodes yet, but Jesus Christ, the Mordecai love triangle arc has been appropriately resolved only to be arbitrarily brought back up again so many times now that it's progression could be accurately summarized with a sine graph. It's almost like they're trying to invoke character development but don't want to commit to having Mordecai actually learn from his experiences and properly grow/change as a result.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 26, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
my guess is that the movie is sucking out so much of the crew's energy that what they've been doing this season is basically them doing the least amount of effort possible and pretty much stalling till the movie is done with and they can focus on the show again

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Wow Mordecai's kind of a piece of poo poo huh.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm just thinking I can't remember the last time Muscle Man made a My Mom joke.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PaganGoatPants posted:

Would be pretty funny if they got married and we never got an episode about them.
They both start wearing rings one episode. It's never actually referenced on-screen.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

raditts posted:

I found it pretty weird that they treated Rigby and Eileen dating like it's some huge reveal, when it's like, how could you possibly not know.

None of the episodes this week have been very good. I hope this show's not on its last legs.

The only person it's a huge reveal to is Mordecai, because he's been such a romantic train wreck that he's completely blind to what any other observer considers obvious.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mordecai is an idiot. Dammit writers I like CJ. :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dumptown U.S.A. where everyone dresses like the Dude.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

Mordecai is an idiot. Dammit writers I like CJ. :argh:
As much as this terrible plot point has been dragging this show down, I'll admit that I'd rather see Mordecai with C.J. than Margaret. As raditts said, the only thing Margaret has going for her is that she was Mordecai's first love interest. Other than that, she's just boring. Admittedly, I'm biased because I find sass and sarcasm to be great qualities for a woman to have.

Well, that episode may have finally given us some closure, but who knows for how long?

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 27, 2015

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Part of this is that we're all adults getting mad about a cartoon bird who sucks at romance. Even though it's running the same concepts into the ground, it's good for the kids watching to have it reinforced that being a total chode about relationships is a really bad thing, even if the writing's not close to what Steven Universe or, to a lesser extent, Adventure Time pull off regularly. But at the same time, yeah, to say the writers are handling this well would not be an accurate statement. Next thing you know, they'll break up Rigby and Eileen and thrust them into a love pentagon. Hell, bring back Thomas and make it a love hexagon or some poo poo, I wouldn't put them past it.

The only episode I enjoyed this week was the third Death Kwon Do. Everything else just felt weak. If the movie is great, I'll stick with the show, but if they really are losing the thread (and it's been on for five years come September, so that's entirely believable at this point) I'm probably out for good. Which, considering my avatar and the Mordecai hanging in my room I got from Dave and Buster's, would be pretty big for me.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Well poo poo that was horrible. Even Adventure Time being faux-artsy and pretentious wasn't enough to make me drop that one, but bad writing is bad writing. Seriously. This kind of fuckery is why people hated the ending to Seinfeld.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shitenshi posted:

Well poo poo that was horrible. Even Adventure Time being faux-artsy and pretentious wasn't enough to make me drop that one, but bad writing is bad writing. Seriously. This kind of fuckery is why people hated the ending to Seinfeld.

But I liked the ending to Seinfeld.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I liked the episodes this week. Guess I'm in the minority. Oh well.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gaunab posted:

I liked the episodes this week. Guess I'm in the minority. Oh well.

Nah on the whole i enjoyed them too. The relationship stuff is always a drag but i think every episode this week had moments that made me laugh so there we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

CRINDY posted:

Part of this is that we're all adults getting mad about a cartoon bird who sucks at romance. Even though it's running the same concepts into the ground, it's good for the kids watching to have it reinforced that being a total chode about relationships is a really bad thing, even if the writing's not close to what Steven Universe or, to a lesser extent, Adventure Time pull off regularly. But at the same time, yeah, to say the writers are handling this well would not be an accurate statement. Next thing you know, they'll break up Rigby and Eileen and thrust them into a love pentagon. Hell, bring back Thomas and make it a love hexagon or some poo poo, I wouldn't put them past it.

The only episode I enjoyed this week was the third Death Kwon Do. Everything else just felt weak. If the movie is great, I'll stick with the show, but if they really are losing the thread (and it's been on for five years come September, so that's entirely believable at this point) I'm probably out for good. Which, considering my avatar and the Mordecai hanging in my room I got from Dave and Buster's, would be pretty big for me.

I noticed that the thread begins with such overwhelming praise in contrast to where it is now, and as a new viewer I have to agree that the love triangle plot is the weak point of the show. So many good episodes from who knows when but every time a god damned CJ or Margret episode comes up it just stalls.

• Locked thread