Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

El Duderino posted:

I'm very new to gta 5 online, just got it for the pc actually after playing the hell out of single player on the 360. Some knob is driving around in a somewhat invisible sports car and I don't seem to be able to blow him up and he kept killing me. This a hacker I'm assuming? I need to look into joining goons, playing solo online is pretty lame with other players like this...

If you're on PC then the likelihood is pretty high. The semi-transparent car / player sounds like passive mode, from which he shouldn't be able to shoot. However, it could just be a glitch, like this:

Nintendo Kid posted:

You sure that was god mode? On the Xbox One I've occasionally gone into Passive, done a mission, come back out and still be passive as far as no one being able to shoot me, but can still shoot back at them/use explosives/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER
Just posting to say I have had a ton of fun this past week trophy hunting on the ps4. I've been doing the stunt jump and aerial challenges online while also doing the survive a bounty trophy. poo poo gets hectic when the stunt jumps are close to dots on the radar!! Haven't had so much fun online in a long time trying to escape from pubbies as they want that sweet $GTA$ bounty money! 'Off the radar' is really useful.

In short give it a go if you get bored of heisting!!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

titties posted:

If you're on PC then the likelihood is pretty high. The semi-transparent car / player sounds like passive mode, from which he shouldn't be able to shoot. However, it could just be a glitch, like this:

Nah it probably is a hacker. pc hackers often appear transparent as that seems to be how the god mode hack works.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I was following some guy around playing my musical horn and then he tried to shoot at me but couldn't because I was in passive mode. He then went behind cover and 5 seconds later popped out and shot me dead even though I was in passive mode (and he had already tried to shoot me).

I'm pretty sure that guy was up to something. I've seen a few suspicious people on the Xbox One including one guy who was doing the old shoot rpgs from your pistol hack.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Track Day in one hour! 12 slots.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

A much as I love funbux I'm glad they have pretty much controlled the hacks on the "new" gen systems.

It's nice to drive through the city without the ferris wheel falling and crushing you car.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I'll be doing A Titan of Job over and over on PS4 starting in about 20min if anyone wants in on the money train. PSN: spvcejam-

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Drove that drat sailboat halfway around the island just to have the game crash as soon as I hit the sand at Vespucci. Ugh

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

epNine posted:

I'll be doing A Titan of Job over and over on PS4 starting in about 20min if anyone wants in on the money train. PSN: spvcejam-

Is Titan of a job high up there on the time:money ratio?

Just wondering why that specific mission.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Captain Beans posted:

Is Titan of a job high up there on the time:money ratio?

Just wondering why that specific mission.

It's one of the few contact missions that lets you use a whole 6 people, and since you get money and rp multipliers for the more people playing a mission (and more if they're your friends and even more if they're crew), it can end up with a lot more money for the time played.

Obviously if you can only get 4 dudes together it won't pay out more than most.

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's one of the few contact missions that lets you use a whole 6 people, and since you get money and rp multipliers for the more people playing a mission (and more if they're your friends and even more if they're crew), it can end up with a lot more money for the time played.

Obviously if you can only get 4 dudes together it won't pay out more than most.

It's also easily solo-able with as little as a sniper rifle.

On top of that, it's the first one in the list if you start it from the menus!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The Los Santos Ring tomorrow at 7:00 CST

16 players. Official screenshots tomorrow:

Teaser:

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

epNine posted:

If I wasn't working I would have been into this for sure!! Stoopid work!!

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The Los Santos Ring tomorrow at 7:00 CST

16 players. Official screenshots tomorrow:

Teaser:

Aurghurghhhhh beep beep boom crash lol boom.

This is an accurate description of the day's events.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

El Duderino posted:

I'm very new to gta 5 online, just got it for the pc actually after playing the hell out of single player on the 360. Some knob is driving around in a somewhat invisible sports car and I don't seem to be able to blow him up and he kept killing me. This a hacker I'm assuming? I need to look into joining goons, playing solo online is pretty lame with other players like this...

Yeah this happens a bunch. You can normally just go into passive yourself to stop it. Head over to the Crew thread and get yourself a goon tag. And get on Mumble! Camping the Stairs details are in PGS.. All the cool shenanigans go down there. And some less cool shenanigans, admittedly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Anybody ever had the game glitch when you're supposed to be in somebody's apartment waiting to do a heist? I was in the apartment, which never fully loaded. As a result, I fell about 15 stories before hitting my head on a level which loaded, then free-fell the rest of the way to "You Committed Suicide". :wtc:

Tony Montana posted:

Please tell me what the best parts of the game are. I'm new and don't have your obvious experience

I like doing the heists (at least I'm not to the point where they're boring yet) and any collaborative missions (the one where you steal the C-130 from LSIA is a good time). I loved Cops 'n Crooks on GTA IV, so missions like the one near Paleto where you have two teams trying to run the cocaine to the white water rafting place are fun to me. I had a surprising amount of fun doing Survival in Sandy Shores one time, too.

The issue there is that seemingly nobody wants to do anything other than Heists/Setups anymore.

e- I also recently noticed that there's no stun gun in the game. I miss tazing random people on the street or pretending to be tough with AI who come at me only to get momentarily electrified. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 16, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Anybody ever had the game glitch when you're supposed to be in somebody's apartment waiting to do a heist? I was in the apartment, which never fully loaded. As a result, I fell about 15 stories before hitting my head on a level which loaded, then free-fell the rest of the way to "You Committed Suicide". :wtc:

Yeah.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I'm disappointed that there isn't a destruction derby game mode. Something like the destruction derby in Vice City, except multiplayer.

Could perhaps set something up in LMS,. Does LMS let you set individual spawn points, or does it just set a spawn zone and you spawn within a few meters of its center?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

I'm disappointed that there isn't a destruction derby game mode. Something like the destruction derby in Vice City, except multiplayer.

Could perhaps set something up in LMS,. Does LMS let you set individual spawn points, or does it just set a spawn zone and you spawn within a few meters of its center?

Individual spawn points anywhere you want.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Why you should race tonight!

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher, when are we doing your race playlist?

Also, sorry for bailing last night but I really didn't want to drive a rally with a pubbie who had no mic as nav. I didn't realize until it was already too late that it was probably a team GTA race and not a rally.

E:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why you should race tonight!

that fuckin' T20. Why yes, I would love the interior of my new $2.2 million supercar to look like a 2002 Altima thx

titties fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 16, 2015

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

titties posted:

that fuckin' T20. Why yes, I would love the interior of my new $2.2 million supercar to look like a 2002 Altima thx

Yeah, it's my main disappointment with the car, and the reason I rarely drive it in first-person view.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else gotten a message from the social club saying they'd been given some clothes? I can't see anything new in my wardrobe and nothing is listed as new in stores either.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I don't know why R* hasn't added any new interiors with the new cars. It seems like that's something they should be able to do.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

BitBasher, when are we doing your race playlist?

It has 2 races on it, so playlist is a strong word. Im out to dinner or busy the next 3 nights so monday at the earliest. Full discolsure I suck at arranging these things.

I am also very dissapointed that we cannot make a Futo tace as far as I can tell. I had the name "Like Ice Skating Uphill" all picked out and rainy weather all ready to assign.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So since Prison Break is double XP, what is the best range for demolitions to stay back at to help with the escape? Whenever I play, I usually try to shoot down jets because I always get nervous about flying too close to the prison.

Are there any videos of it?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

UserErr0r posted:

Over on the Xbox One there's been a couple of Last Team Standing jobs entitled things like "bumper cars" that are on some of the western highway super high bridges, and have ramps into the play area from the two team sides, and then ramps lining the bridge sides to make it easy to knock someone off the edge.

Depending on which cars are included, you'll either die right away on hitting the water or explosives in the water below, or you can survive, but you got like 60 seconds to grab something off the shorelines and get back up top before you're timed out of that round.

You could probably also build something similar using a few of the flatter roofed skyscrapers and some containers/buildings to hang off the sides to stage cars on.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

titties posted:

In all fairness, if Top Gear has taught me anything it's that half the time when a new supercar comes out, they spent roughly a dollar on the interior.

blackguy32 posted:

So since Prison Break is double XP, what is the best range for demolitions to stay back at to help with the escape? Whenever I play, I usually try to shoot down jets because I always get nervous about flying too close to the prison.

Are there any videos of it?

Every time I've tried PB as demolitions, it's been more a case of "for fucks sake pilot, stop flying several miles away from me so I can shoot down the people firing loving missiles at you", to this day I have only ever completed PB as the inmate.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

It has 2 races on it, so playlist is a strong word. Im out to dinner or busy the next 3 nights so monday at the earliest. Full discolsure I suck at arranging these things.

I am also very dissapointed that we cannot make a Futo tace as far as I can tell. I had the name "Like Ice Skating Uphill" all picked out and rainy weather all ready to assign.

I wanted to make one called Futloose

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
All this talk of playlists makes me think we need another night of playlists and Rockets v insurgents.

You know.. SOMETHING to do since I rarely see anyone playing now.

I'll even host the playlist if we can get like 6 - 10 people together.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

geeves posted:

I wanted to make one called Futloose

Thats much better than what I had.

Ill be on later tonight probably 6:30 or 7 pst and hope to run or play some prison breaks. They are apparently 37.5k per setup on hard and double the normal for finale.

The problem with playlists is that no one takes the bull by the penis and organizes it.

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Thats much better than what I had.

Ill be on later tonight probably 6:30 or 7 pst and hope to run or play some prison breaks. They are apparently 37.5k per setup on hard and double the normal for finale.

The problem with playlists is that no one takes the bull by the penis and organizes it.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

All this talk of playlists makes me think we need another night of playlists and Rockets v insurgents.

I am down for either of these but preferably the prison break. Keep in mind that at some point they added a cooldown to heists, not sure how long you're locked out but you can't do the same one back-to-back.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hexenritter posted:

Every time I've tried PB as demolitions, it's been more a case of "for fucks sake pilot, stop flying several miles away from me so I can shoot down the people firing loving missiles at you", to this day I have only ever completed PB as the inmate.

Just tell your pilot to loop around and fly right behind the enemy Lazer. E-Z mode and it means Demo can then hover right along the ring road that runs outside the prison and rain missiles on the cops inside.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

If it's on the weekend, then you know I'd be down.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Today's exploits included climbing to the top of Chiliad in the game's best off road vehicle:

And having fun in a boat NEAR the ocean, because driving a jetski out to the point that vehicles cut out and having it sink below the pitiless waves with you still sat on it made a whole lot of real life fears burst out all at once, and I've never been able to go into the ocean in GTA V without it scaring the living daylights out of me since.

I also tried to make a second character, but had to stop after the station erupted with explosions and prevented me from ever seeing the character's face, for some reason.

T1g4h posted:

Just tell your pilot to loop around and fly right behind the enemy Lazer. E-Z mode and it means Demo can then hover right along the ring road that runs outside the prison and rain missiles on the cops inside.

This. Getting behind the jets as the pilot is a piece of cake, so let the pilot deal with the jets while you blitz the prison then take out the police (helicopters in particular). Don't get too close to the prison though, or you're in danger of being shot down.

tjolle
Aug 12, 2013

Anime_Otaku posted:

From tomorrow until Sunday the Prison Break heist and some other activities will be giving double cash and rp. Plus discounts on high end apartments and other things that weren't stated on the R* Facebook page. Anyone want to team up on Xbone?

Just double checked, it looks like it's all the freeroam activities that are going to be paying out extra... I bet going after smugglers will be pretty cutthroat this weekend.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...xscore_07152015

Count me in if you want to run Prison Break. Hopefully we can get two more on Xbox One.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

T1g4h posted:

Or, y'know, I could play with goons. But then I'd have to answer constant questions about my horrible taste in music.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I stumbled across this randomly when attempting PB - only problem I found was a couple of times the jet heads off randomly out over the city way away from the airfield that the heli is stationed on, and then you've got to dodge its missile when heading back to where your team mate in the heli is, this confused and enraged my team of randoms to no end :derp:

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

tjolle posted:

Count me in if you want to run Prison Break. Hopefully we can get two more on Xbox One.

I'm down. I'll be on tomorrow afternoon and most of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Goon car show on PC in 1 hour.

• Locked thread