Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Who Pooped the Bed? is my personal worst. I can't stand Artemis's analysis at the end.

Yeah, that's another bad episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Vitamin P posted:

What's the worst episode of It's Always Sunny? My straw poll says it's The High School Reunion (Part 1) or The Gang Gets Stranded in the Woods.

Hold on, I wasn't aware that The Gang Gets Stranded in the Woods was even in the discussion for "worst episode". It's wonderful.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chili posted:

Hold on, I wasn't aware that The Gang Gets Stranded in the Woods was even in the discussion for "worst episode". It's wonderful.

Same with Who Pooped the Bed? imo

E: High School Reunion might be the worst though, yeah.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
Nah, it's Psycho Pete Returns.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Psycho Pete Returns has some good moments. but All the parts with Psycho Pete are kind of lame and the ending sucks. The parts where Dennis gets diagnosed and Frank goes to the nit-wit farm are pretty good.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Who Pooped The Bed is a great episode, upper-tier Sunny. I think opinions on this may hinge on how comfortable/uncomfortable you are with poop. It's not like it's a whole bunch of poop jokes. It's not about the poop. It's about the mystery....around the poop...

The High School Reunion eps are great and should not be on a 'worst-of' list.

Frank's Brother is basically the answer here, as many have said. Psycho Pete Returns was a pretty bad ep but it does have them singing along to 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads and that part is hilarious. Anytime the gang sings is great (I can't hear Motownphilly anymore without hearing 'MY FRIEND EXPLODED, MY FRIEND EXPLODED')

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Psycho Killer and Dennis being diagnosed were worth the price of admission, Frank's Brother is probably the winner because of how widely despised it is.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

nasboat posted:

Who Pooped The Bed is a great episode, upper-tier Sunny. I think opinions on this may hinge on how comfortable/uncomfortable you are with poop. It's not like it's a whole bunch of poop jokes. It's not about the poop. It's about the mystery....around the poop...

Frank's Brother is basically the answer here, as many have said.

wow it's the rightest guy in the world

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

nasboat posted:

Frank's Brother is basically the answer here, as many have said. Psycho Pete Returns was a pretty bad ep but it does have them singing along to 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads and that part is hilarious. Anytime the gang sings is great (I can't hear Motownphilly anymore without hearing 'MY FRIEND EXPLODED, MY FRIEND EXPLODED')

As with "Mac and Dennis: Manhunters," "Who Pooped the Bed" has really grown on me with subsequent rewatches. The High School Reunion ones are great because we get to see Dennis slide a few more feet down that long, slippery rope towards utter insanity, and also, the gang's bitchin' dance routine at the end.

Frank's Brother just sucks, and I'd forgotten about Psycho Pete until it was brought up. That episode wasn't funny at all, and was really just sad.

It really is a testament to this show that the episodes that some people think are the shittiest are the ones that others think are the best.

Bring it in, everyone.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

This episode sucks for me because I love the "trying to make Sex and the City happen" subplot, but the actual bed pooping part I could do without.

The poop dissection scene is brilliant.

quote:

Scientist: Whoever it was seems to have been eating newspaper.
Dennis: Alright, well now we’re getting somewhere. Which one of you idiots was eating a goddamn newspaper?
Charlie: It’s gonna go both ways, dude.
Dennis: Really?
Charlie: Sorry. Yeah. What else?
Scientist: This appears to be a piece of a credit card.
Frank: Inconclusive.
Dennis: How is that not specific to one of you?
Charlie: I wish it was, man. But that’s inconclusive.
Scientist: Oh boy. There’s a good deal of blood in this stool.
Charlie: Of course there is.
Scientist: Whoever’s it is should see a doctor.
Charlie: Well, don’t give us judgements. Just tell us what’s in there.
Scientist: Is this wolf hair?
Frank: Also inconclusive.
Dennis: Jesus Christ!
Charlie: Dude, there is so much wolf hair in our apartment.
Dennis: But why are you eating it?
Charlie: It gets in everything!
Mac: Both of you are eating wolf!?
Frank: We had a wolf in our apartment.
Charlie: Have you tried it before!?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'll always go to bat for Who Pooped the Bed because I usually don't really find any bathroom humor funny. But everything around the poop in that episode is so hilarious that I really don't care when they want to throw in a few obvious gross-out jokes. The gang bouncing between chaotic bickering and total commitment to a bit like solving a mystery is quintessential Sunny.

fake edit: ^^ the poop dissection scene is a great example, I think the parts of the joke about sticking your fingers in poop and how gross that is and how the scientist secretly just wants to do it is kind of dumb. But the best joke in there is about how insane Charlie and Frank are and I don't know how you can't love that stuff.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Who Pooped the Bed had one of the best physical comedy scenes of the entire series. Dee running into the car.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pooping the bed has some great scenes, but the overall premise is really crass and out of place in the series.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Poop doesn't seem that out of place in a show with eps dedicated to buckets of blood, creampies, "niggers hanging from rafters", banging pre-op trannies, etc. But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Pooping the bed has some great scenes, but the overall premise is really crass and out of place in the series.

Brock Samson posted:

Poop doesn't seem that out of place in a show with eps dedicated to buckets of blood, creampies, "niggers hanging from rafters", banging pre-op trannies, etc. But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Yeah, Who Pooped The Bed is really not that out of place overall with the show's history. And honestly, I thought the whole 'creampie' storyline from last season was far more flimsy and weak of a premise/episode, and was probably the second-worst ep of the season (after Psycho Pete). It was a one-note joke that wasn't that funny or creative.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, the Gang Spies Like US is a similar and altogether weaker ep than the Gang Pooped The Bed.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Frank's brother is my least favorite episode by far

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Frank's Brother is the reason why I can't say that I don't dislike any episode of Sunny.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Artemis' jabbering at the end of Who Pooped the Bed was especially annoying. But yeah, Frank's Brother.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not completely on-topic but Kaitlin Olson is gonna star in a new animated show on FX created by Adam Reed and Megan Ganz - http://deadline.com/2015/05/cassius-and-clay-fx-pilot-lake-bell-archer-1201433369/

I hope it will be better than David Hornsby's "unsupervised" which was watchable but kind of 'meh', which also featured Kaitlin and pretty much the entire cast of sunny in various minor roles.

Is she going to play a bird?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love poop jokes ("'cuz poop is funny!") and the episode has some great lines, but the last 5ish minutes are so cringeworthy and terrible. It's really Artemis and her stupid explanation (cricket matching poop samples etc) that kills it.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

steinrokkan posted:

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

If it's just between Frank's Brother and Psycho Pete, both the episodes had much younger versions of Frank, with the version in Frank's Brother being Devito in a wig and the version in Psycho Pete was an actual little kid. Between the two episodes, Frank's Brother is better because of this.

"How old are you boy?"
DeVito in a wig: "Nineteen!"
"poo poo, you don't look a day over twelve."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Frank's brother owns and I never got the hatred this episode gets, I mentioned this before but I don't know how people can dislike that episode so much and say nothing about 'Gun Fever'. As for Psycho Pete Returns, it wasn't a good episode, for me mostly because it just felt like the gang were beating on a dead horse, they ruined this guys' life and now they just keep being assholes to him as he offers no resistance whatsoever, the gang are usually giant assholes of course but most of the time they're either being assholes to people who screw them over in return or deserve it on some level. I don't think their treatment of psycho pete was out of character or anything it just wasn't pleasent to watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, the Gang Spies Like US is a similar and altogether weaker ep than the Gang Pooped The Bed.

Yeah I can't believe this hasn't come up until now, 'The Gang Spies Like US' is so, so, so much worse than Psycho Pete or Frank's Brother. At least those other episodes have some great parts to it (Frank being the frog boy, Shady Nastys) whereas Spies Like Us revolves around one joke that isn't funny to start with. I'm just hoping people have wiped it from their memories. It's probably the only episode of the show I'd consider to be legitimately bad.

I remember when Dennis Gets Married was the old bogey episode, it didn't start the season off well. But when paired with the next episode, it's pretty fun.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Mac fights gay marriage is great.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I can't believe this hasn't come up until now, 'The Gang Spies Like US' is so, so, so much worse than Psycho Pete or Frank's Brother. At least those other episodes have some great parts to it (Frank being the frog boy, Shady Nastys) whereas Spies Like Us revolves around one joke that isn't funny to start with. I'm just hoping people have wiped it from their memories. It's probably the only episode of the show I'd consider to be legitimately bad.

I remember when Dennis Gets Married was the old bogey episode, it didn't start the season off well. But when paired with the next episode, it's pretty fun.

Spies Like US at least had some good physical comedy from Dee, but otherwise yeah it's a one-note joke that gets old quick.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Chiming in on one more great Who Pooped the Bed moment: the conversation the guys have with the scientist. I've watched that scene four times in a row to watch each character's reactions and facial expressions and laughed at it all four times. Same with the following scene others mentioned where the college kid is dissecting it. That's a good episode! Personally I always find myself skipping Storm of the Century on rewatches.

BTW any updates on Season 10 coming to Netflix in the US? I can't wait to rewatch Charlie Work again. I rewatched the last two episodes of Season 10 in reruns on Comedy Central and, in true Sunny form, they're just as funny, if not funnier, on rewatch.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kind of a rarity in that there is direct continuation of a storyline from one episode to the next. That hasn't happened much throughout the history of the show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The Gang gets Analyzed has three of my favorite Frank moments; spitting the seeds on the table, the donkey brain story, and telling Dennis how he and Dee devoured the third twin.

"Oh Dotty! You would have been the good one! :negative:"

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Weird, I've always counted Dennis Gets Married among the very finest episodes in the entire series. Frank and Charlie getting married is a comedic masterstroke. Maureen's cat sweaters, Dennis trying to remember what feeling is. That's some good stuff!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Franks' Brother has some really good jokes in it. Spies Like Us is really the worst episode. It's like they tried to make creme pies be some new poop joke but it sucked and fell on its face.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cojawfee posted:

Franks' Brother has some really good jokes in it. Spies Like Us is really the worst episode. It's like they tried to make creme pies be some new poop joke but it sucked and fell on its face.

The weird thing about that episode is it seems like it was heavily re-edited and all the NSA jokes I expected didn't really appear.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Cojawfee posted:

Spies Like US does have it's moments too, mostly all the exchanges at Guiginos.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PittTheElder posted:

Spies Like US does have it's moments too, mostly all the exchanges at Guiginos.

"I'm to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti?"

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
The scene revolving around Charlie's delivery of the spycam flower vase was solid as well. Basically the first half of Spies Like US was pretty good.

Top 3 eps of season 10:
1. Charlie Work
2(t). The Gang Beats Boggs
2(t). The Gang Group Dates

"Creatine shits"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

prefect posted:

"I'm to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti?"

So you do remember me.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I have no idea what my overall favorite episode is, but the one single scene that gets me every time is when Dee is shown as an ostrich. No matter how many times I see it and know that it's coming, it just absolutely slays me.

Stupid bird bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Charlie beating up Santa is a god tier Sunny scene.