Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If we can board those windows up its perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Outrail posted:

Warehouse with huge windows? That's a security risk. The substation could be good for stealing juice but we're not mad scientists.

BD. Eel, start making some contacts while your on the inside. He did nothing wrong so won't get charged with poo poo. Concentrate on recruiting muties with combat and/or recon skillset /powers. And someone who can cook.

Actually, yeah. I was thinking of having Eel slip away, but making contacts is a good way to play the long game.

1. C: It can be one of our locations, need something more physically secure for an HQ. This place might have potential, with some extensive remodeling. Maybe if Billy's fine with grunt work, we could try digging a basement/bunker?

2. B, per Outrail. DF: Text Vigilante, start driving to Disneyland without telling anyone where you're going.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
1. A Seems pretty good, overall

2. A, C

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I feel like being boring.

What are the Brotherhood's finances like? How are they arranged? Where do we get money, what do we spend money on?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Vavrek posted:

I feel like being boring.

What are the Brotherhood's finances like? How are they arranged? Where do we get money, what do we spend money on?

You have money split into three different accounts under assumed names. Combined together the LA Brotherhood has about $20,000 socked away. With Intercept's power you don't have a problem setting up new identities when needed, though you need someone else to make the actual papers. He also doesn't have any trouble siphoning money away from corporations who won't miss it (much), but you're careful about how much you let Intercept do this. He skims enough to keep the "petty cash" account solvent.

Your fellow members know about the main account (~$7,000 out of which rent and food and other things are paid), you and Intercept are the only ones who know about the other two (~$10,000 and ~$3,000), which you consider your rainy day/revolution fund.

You don't have a lot of expenses at the moment.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

1.C

Definitely not HQ material long term, but it has some advantages. We should probably make it into a safe house/staging ground/secondary HQ. If we have any side projects that need some room, this will take care of it, especially if one of them requires us to knock out a particular substation as a diversion.

However, doing too much work on it could attract attention, so we should be careful. We should continue to stay on the lookout for prime locations like abandoned military bases.

2. BDC

B: See Outrail (excellent idea, btw)

D: We need more info and text messages don't take much time to write.

C: Let's get together with the gang and figure out what supplies we need to kick some rear end tonight and what our game plan is (where we set up, when we'll make our move, what our move is going to be).

What do our war supplies look like? Do we primarily rely on mutant powers? Or do we have other stuff we can use? Do we have adrenaline injections, body armor, guns, etc...? Is anyone in our group a MacGyver (nothing crazy, just able to do basic tinkering or following chemistry instructions step by step)?

Also, what's the crime situation like here? Do we, as a group, tend to kill our enemies or just do the batman thing? Would dead gangmembers be a particularly large blip on the radar of the cops?

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 28, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What are our options for conventional weapons and armor along with our current stock

We need to start building up caches and safe houses. And explosives. Many, many lbs of explosives.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I missed something and am too lazy to trawl through this massive thread. Why do we need space again?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

I missed something and am too lazy to trawl through this massive thread. Why do we need space again?

You don't currently have an HQ, and if you're planning on recruiting more members to the Brotherhood then you may want a meeting place that isn't a two bedroom bachelor pad (you are currently crashing with Intercept and Squib).

But, then again, you may not.

I'll get to the questions about the Brotherhood's current firepower in the morning.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A bunch of violent revolutionaries trying to plan an assassination or interrogate a prisoner in a cramped apartment filled with dirty dishes while Squib whines he can't hear his animes... yeah I like that.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

You don't currently have an HQ, and if you're planning on recruiting more members to the Brotherhood then you may want a meeting place that isn't a two bedroom bachelor pad (you are currently crashing with Intercept and Squib)

We're also regarded as a terrorist group whether we like it or not, thus having some places to lay low, store dangerous materials, or use as satellite bases is always a plus.

I definitely like the excavation idea. Leave the outside as fairly dingy yet innocuous, while having a basement lair. That might require a great deal more effort and expertise than we currently possess, however. Hopefully recruitment goes well.

We should probably try and solve our money issues somehow. Do we know how the Locos make their bones? Are they making cash off the drug trade or other illegal means? Do they have a large war chest of money and/or weapons? If so, we could probably set up a counter raid afterwards, while they're hurting from this attack, and try to steal some of their stuff. We're de facto at war with them anyway and stealing from them will attract less attention from muggle society than the alternatives, while sending a message about not loving with "gifted" individuals.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ElrondHubbard posted:

What do our war supplies look like? Do we primarily rely on mutant powers? Or do we have other stuff we can use? Do we have adrenaline injections, body armor, guns, etc...? Is anyone in our group a MacGyver (nothing crazy, just able to do basic tinkering or following chemistry instructions step by step)?

Also, what's the crime situation like here? Do we, as a group, tend to kill our enemies or just do the batman thing? Would dead gangmembers be a particularly large blip on the radar of the cops?

You primarily rely on mutant powers. Vigilante has a compound bow that she doesn’t let anyone else touch, Squib has a Desert Eagle in his top drawer (which is like, completely ridiculous given his power), but Eel and Wildfire don’t have personal weapons and Intercept doesn’t like guns. You have a Glock, five doses of adrenaline, and a small personal supply of cocaine for emergencies. I’m not planning on counting bullets for the CYOA so assume we have “enough” and if I don’t mention it then you reloaded off screen, as it were. Just like an action movie!

Eel isn’t MacGuyver, but he’s handy when it comes to basic tinkering and carpentry. Intercept can make just about any kind of electronic device you might need, given enough time. Pretty much everyone knows how to pick locks and hot wire a car. Vigilante used to be in the military, and she has a good head for tactical situations.

The Brotherhood doesn’t shy away from dropping bodies to make a point, but it’s got to be the right point. Killing mutants is a no-no. Dead gangmembers wouldn’t be a huge blip on the radar, especially if it looks like two rival gangs having it out. The more collateral damage the more attention garnered.

ElrondHubbard posted:

Do we know how the Locos make their bones? Are they making cash off the drug trade or other illegal means? Do they have a large war chest of money and/or weapons? If so, we could probably set up a counter raid afterwards, while they're hurting from this attack, and try to steal some of their stuff. We're de facto at war with them anyway and stealing from them will attract less attention from muggle society than the alternatives, while sending a message about not loving with "gifted" individuals.

The Locos deal (a lot of) drugs, and you’re pretty sure they have a good sized cache of money and weapons. You don’t know where their base of operations is, at the moment.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

hollylolly posted:

Squib has a Desert Eagle in his top drawer (which is like, completely ridiculous given his power),

Wouldn't Squib plus an Uzi or something qualify as a weapon of mass destruction?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Tomn posted:

Wouldn't Squib plus an Uzi or something qualify as a weapon of mass destruction?

...probably!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

Squib has a Desert Eagle in his top drawer (which is like, completely ridiculous given his power), but Eel and Wildfire don’t have personal weapons and Intercept doesn’t like guns.

Uh yeah. If Thom's Uzi idea dosen't work for some reason stare at the stupid Desert Eagle for a bit and slap Squib across the back of his head. Go down to the local army surplus store and pick up a slingshot and a bag of marbles. Then drag him away from his cartoons and spend a day in the desert making sure he can use his motherfucking RPG and bag of grenades without blowing his friends up.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Outrail posted:

Uh yeah. If Thom's Uzi idea dosen't work for some reason stare at the stupid Desert Eagle for a bit and slap Squib across the back of his head. Go down to the local army surplus store and pick up a slingshot and a bag of marbles. Then drag him away from his cartoons and spend a day in the desert making sure he can use his motherfucking RPG and bag of grenades without blowing his friends up.

This is a great idea.

In general, if we ever have decent downtime, we should go out into the desert and do training, testing, etc. Execute ideas we come up with brainstorming. If we're sufficiently successful, we could totally set up a terrorist training camp right here in the USA.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Vavrek posted:

If we're sufficiently successful, we could totally set up a terrorist freedom training camp right here in the USA.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

We should invest some time into finding out where the Locos' stash is. Having a bunch of extra weapons, drugs, and money would be a pretty big step forward for us. The Locos not having a bunch of extra weapons, drugs, and money is also a major bonus for us.

These guys are the perfect stepping stone to greater things. They're anti-mutant criminal jerks that we can get a lot of assets from, bolster our relations with their enemies, and develop a reputation that might attract some higher quality recruits, all while not feeling guilty or attracting too much of the wrong kind of attention.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A, ACD

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. C
2. BD
I guess? I feel like I'm forgetting something though

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We need a safe, clean and reliable cash source. Cash can get us everything else we need. Drugs are a difficult business. It's High Risk-High Reward. Either we are dealing or running protection and both will get us killed/caught.

We need to get involved with Industrial Sabotage

Big cities mean big corporations. And Big corporations mean money. We have the team to become a valuable and effective infiltration and sabotage team. We start small, breaking into a data-center. Break machines at a construction site etc. This will get us enough material to instigate a gangwar that decimates the local gangs. This is where we step in and snag up valuable territory, arms and goods. In turn we go to the biggest surviving gang and offer them employment. They become our dirty-work crew and second revenue stream.

Then by this point we should control a sizable empire with ground troops and provide a useful service to the local corporations. From there we can found a legitimate foundation for mutants funded by the revenue of our gang and corporate wet-work. This is the point where we start buying senators.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

We should invest some time into finding out where the Locos' stash is.

I guess this. C

Outrail posted:

BD. Eel, start making some contacts while your on the inside. He did nothing wrong so won't get charged with poo poo. Concentrate on recruiting muties with combat and/or recon skillset /powers. And someone who can cook.

DB Outrail's.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

We need a safe, clean and reliable cash source. Cash can get us everything else we need. Drugs are a difficult business. It's High Risk-High Reward. Either we are dealing or running protection and both will get us killed/caught.

We need to get involved with Industrial Sabotage

Big cities mean big corporations. And Big corporations mean money. We have the team to become a valuable and effective infiltration and sabotage team. We start small, breaking into a data-center. Break machines at a construction site etc. This will get us enough material to instigate a gangwar that decimates the local gangs. This is where we step in and snag up valuable territory, arms and goods. In turn we go to the biggest surviving gang and offer them employment. They become our dirty-work crew and second revenue stream.

Then by this point we should control a sizable empire with ground troops and provide a useful service to the local corporations. From there we can found a legitimate foundation for mutants funded by the revenue of our gang and corporate wet-work. This is the point where we start buying senators.

I get the feeling you've been playing shadowrun.

Infiltration and sabotage probably results in us getting caught or killed. Even if Corps hire us, they are unlikely to hire mutants as contractors, particularly ones belonging to a terrorist group dedicated to mutant rights, and they will want to own us, so kiss autonomy and privacy goodbye. If they have us engage in illegal acts on their behalf, they'll tie up loose ends afterwards unless they still have a use for us and have us on a tight leash. That's assuming the first thing they do isn't going to the police / FBI. The last thing anyone wants is to be dependent upon a bunch of unpredictable mutants that are growing in power and influence.

Also, I'm skeptical as to why a big corporation would hire us to sabotage others, especially since they have so much more to lose if they do engage in shady stuff like that. Most competitors for big corporations are overseas and sabotage at that level is WAY out of our league, since a big part of that is not getting caught. It's the small, mom and pop joints that are desperate and shady enough to get us to set their competitor on fire or ruin their latest batch of cookies. Those guys aren't known for paying well.

While selling drugs is dumb, drugs are great for bartering with other gangs for supplies and assistance. Meanwhile the real prize is the stash of money and weapons we get from taking down an anti-mutant gang. One that happens to be attacking mutants and is, therefore, at war with us.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 29, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We could start a small anti mutant gang known for being enthusiastically violent, but unwilling to hurt normals.

Then as Rep gets around other anti mutant groups start to contact our 'gang' to solve problems, and then we blow the assholes up with our nerd/artillery piece.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Once we get a decent base of operations and some cash (after taking them from the Locos), we could start setting up cameras / microphones everywhere throughout the city and begin trying to patch into all major systems (power, traffic lights, communications). We'd slowly, but surely, gain control. Initially we'd just mine for valuable information (stuff to blackmail politicians/police chiefs/etc...) and track down potential recruits. Eventually we'd get to the point where we own the city without anyone knowing it and then we'd expand our influence.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You send a couple replies on your phone.

To Eel:
Don’t resist you won’t be charged with anything. Look for like-minded people in the protestors.

To Vigilante:
where are you? meet at the apartment ASAP

You look around one more time as you press Send. You don’t hate the warehouse, but… meh. You don’t like the look of all those windows, but it’s certainly better than trying to have meetings in the apartment. Maybe some excavation would make it better for your needs? You’ll keep your eyes and ears open for other possibilities in the meantime.

You get back to your car and once again briefly consider driving to Disneyland for the day. Too bad you have more important things to do right now! Heading back to the apartment in mid morning traffic, you start thinking about the Brotherhood, and your role in it. You’ve only been in the area about six months, having been sent down here to take charge by Deimos, the leader of your former cell in the mid-west. He’s sort of a mentor figure to you, someone who you ran into while you were a runaway in your late teens. He has the ability to make you hallucinate your worst fears, which doesn’t really make for best friend material, but he was always there for you and the other mutants in his group.

Now you’re on your own, relatively speaking,and you’re making the plans and calling the shots. Your phone vibrates and you pull it out to read the text while driving.

Vigilante
was asleep. late night. be there soon

That was sort of anti-climactic. Tonight things will be getting interesting, and you need to work on a plan. You still need to hear back from the Barrio Boneyard, but you think they’re going to be on board with putting the Locos in their place.

:siren: Put the choices you like into order of priority, first being your primary focus. :siren:
1. What’s your focus going to be tonight (besides protecting the shelter)?
A. Find the stash of the Locos and liberate it for the use of the Brotherhood!
B. A, but this is more important than protecting the shelter.
C. Finding a way to cause a division in the ranks of the Locos to weaken the gang
D. Win hearts and minds at the shelter.
E. Kill as many Locos as possible. They’re anti-mutant shitheads.
F. Something else. Write in!

Earlier someone asked about what weapons we have, and I forgot Billy while I was typing up the answer. He has a shotgun. You also have brass knuckles and a switchblade which I accidentally left off the list.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 29, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D Gotta put in the good work.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Can we express a priority ranking, rather than just a sole focus? I mean, those are all things I support (except for A & B being contradictory), but ACD are each more important to me than E, and if I squint I'm sure I could figure out a preference ranking for ACD (and whichever one's top gets my vote, if we're not doing rankings).

At the moment, tentatively voting D. C sounds great. A is ... too much for tonight. I want to find information leading to the stash, not grab it outright just now. That seems like an overreach.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Yes, I like this idea. I'll edit the update to reflect it.

Put the choices you like into order of priority, first being your primary focus.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

CADE

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
D A C.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

CADE

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
CDAE

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

CDAE.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

CAD

I'm a little skeptical about E, since more bodies means more attention from the police and anti-mutant factions. I'd rather find a way to get some gangs to team up and take them down once we've decapitated their leadership and taken their main stash for ourselves.

F: Keep an eye out for a base of operations

This is the lowest priority, but it's always good to keep an eye out. The mutant shelter folks might have some ideas or we might find out about some while researching the Locos. Abandoned military base is the jackpot, but abandoned subway tunnels, Locos bases, abandoned science facilities (particularly ones with large basements), etc... all have a good deal of potential.

Edit:

The benefit of doing A now is that it allows us flexibility. If the cops and our friendly gang show up to deal with the shelter situation, us joining in will make it a clusterfuck. On the other hand, we can attack where no one expects it while the Locos are out in force elsewhere and grab their stash, forcing them to retreat.

Have Intercept monitor police chatter and figure out if the cops are sending anyone to investigate.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 29, 2015

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Hooray for priorities!

DCAF: F per ElrondHubbard; E is not a focus at all. What happens, happens.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
So, I've been doing some thinking. What is our goal? I don't mean this situation with the shelter, I mean our ultimate, final goal, the thing we're driving towards, the wish we'd spend if we happened to run across a benevolent genie. What are we working towards?

Well, from the OP, the organization we're part of characterizes itself like so:

quote:

A Brotherhood has formed, a series of underground cells of mutant freedom fighters who will stop at nothing to right the wrongs against their fellow mutants. To the Brotherhood mutants are the next step of human evolution, a step toward perfection or perhaps even perfection itself, while mundanes are the Neanderthals, doomed for extinction. Many call the Brotherhood a terror organization, but they insist that mutants have nothing to fear from them.

But the thing is, I dunno about you guys, but that seems a little...master racey to me. The humans and the subhumans. Don't worry too much about collateral, because the collateral doesn't matter - they're the discarded remnants of the past still clinging to life. We COULD do that, I suppose, and play it straight, but I don't think I've really got the stomach for it.

A more charitable interpretation might be "We don't care about mundanes one way or another, but since mutants are the next step of human evolution, we wish to protect them and shepherd them until they've gained enough critical mass to become the dominant species while the mundanes peacefully go extinct." I could get behind this, personally, though it'd take a little work to get into that headspace. The main thing to take away from such an interpretation, I think, is "We have a duty to protect mutants" - and that would be our primary goal if we go this route.

The final interpretation is probably the nicest one and the one we're most familiar with, but it also requires the most mental gymnastics to square with the stated mission statement of the Brotherhood (that being "Mutants are just plain better."). This interpretation would be "Mutants are human too, and deserve to be treated with human dignity." Solid stuff to get behind, but as long as we're explicitly a terror organization and not a political party or Super PAC, it's gonna be kinda hard to square our mission statement with the violence we'll be undertaking.

So! Speaking personally, I'll take the second route. How to achieve that, then?

Well, we COULD go around finding individual wrongs to right and then punching them in the face, but that's somewhat inefficient in a stable democracy like the United States. There's all sorts of people doing bad, and we're just one small group, and it's not likely that we'll ever gain the power to individually defend every mutant in California, let alone the United States or the world. So long as we go around with individual violence without anything else guiding us, we'll be just what Fernandez thinks we are - another gang that cares about nothing but its turf and people.

I would argue, instead, that if we want to make mutants safe, we need to make PEOPLE think they're safe - to convince them to peacefully accept and live alongside mutants, to say that "mutants are ultimately helpful instead of harmful to humanity." If we truly believe that mutants are superior and the next stage of human evolution, then that's all we need to do anyways, as said superior would manifest over time as humans become more and more common.

Now, how do we accomplish that? Well, as a terror organization our raison d'etre is violence, but violence alone tends not to change minds the way we want them to be changed. So what DOES change minds? Good publicity. And as mutants, we're basically superheroes, aren't we? Wouldn't take THAT much work to spin our actions into crowd-pleasing, Robin Hood, "does what the government doesn't or can't do" good guy stuff as long as we're careful, wouldn't it?

So I propose we get started on that. We need journalistic contacts, folks friendly to the mutant cause willing to tell a good story about us, and to spin a disaster if such occurs. And we've got an amazing resource for that in the person of Intercept - he can pick up on all kinds of stories as they're happening, secrets nobody wants him to know, the kind of thing that could make a journalist's career. We can trade that for favorable stories about our deeds and our cause, and even kill two birds with one stone by pre-arranging a journalist on site of our actions once we're sure they'll be willing to help hush things up if everything goes wrong. We might get started now, if we want to take a risk and jump in cold - get him to sell info to a mutant-friendly journalist in exchange for said journalist wandering down to the mutant shelter when things are about to go down, to play up how terrible the Locos are and how noble we are in stopping them.

We'll also need to start thinking politics too, to an extent. Mutant rights is our primary goal, but if we don't protect normal humans as well we'll have a hard time gaining sympathy. Start targeting corrupt politicians and corporate secrets dangerous to the public welfare, and drag them to light in the flashiest and most dramatic way we can. Try to identify allied issues we can tackle which people tend to associate with mutant rights, to get more voters on our side. Maybe have Intercept cooperate more often with the police as well, to make sure they're as friendly as can be while we go around nabbing the guys they'd love to arrest but can't ever get evidence on - after all, if we get too high-profile we'd be in trouble if the cops don't like us.

It'll be difficult to pull off correctly - the risk of a PR disaster would become greater and greater the higher profile we get - and we'd have to be pretty pushy about getting our name in the papers. There might also come a time when we'll be forced to pick between genuine morality and what looks good on the headlines. Still, I think it's a solid plan, and it'll be better to act with some idea of what we want to do than to simply react to events, yeah?

Edit: Congratulations, hollylolly, you've been Tomn'd!

Tomn fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 29, 2015

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Our goal: To amass power and influence so that we can further the mutant agenda

We aren't going to exterminate muggles, but the fact remains that superpowered individuals need to band together and get organized. There are powers at play that are trying to shut us down. Discrimination against us is rampant. And the conversation at the highest offices is how to "deal" with us. The whole registration act in California is just the start and pretty soon we'll have to wear something that marks us as "other" as we are sent toward the camps. Playing nice and collaborating will just smooth that transition right along.

Right now we need to bolster our assets, both material and manpower, while knocking down a few injustices along the way. Once we've achieved a comfortable level of power, we can focus on opposing the registration act both politically (organizing rallies, spreading the word, journalist contacts, etc...) and through subterfuge (gaining blackmail on politicians, subverting anti-superhuman backers, etc...).

For the most part, we don't enter the spotlight at all. We have other groups do that for us while we take care of things behind the scenes, keeping things running smoothly. However, I do think we will need to take the credit occasionally, probably for outing corrupt politicians with extreme anti-mutant agendas (or framing them). That way we get some publicity for actually doing something that'll gain us recruits.

We should also consider doing some sort of charity outreach for mutants (like running shelters, etc...). That way we look good and we gain recruits to the cause.

Financially, we need a legal way of getting money. Since we're of the opinion that superhumans are awesome, we should make that work for us and figure out how to best make use of that. We need to be on the lookout for handy people like healers, who would have a distinct advantage over humans and offer services that demonstrate how much better superhumans are. The idea being that we help them set up a business and provide protection from anti-mutant jerks, while they give us a cut of the profits.

Edit:

Also, are we going with "mutants" or are we coming up with a different, less offensive term that reflect our worldview? Superhumans? The Gifted? Talents?

Why did our other group members join up with us? What are their expectations?

Are we aware of nearby Brotherhood cells and what they're doing?

What's the Brotherhood's overall focus right now nationally?

Does the Brotherhood have a manifesto? If not, we should probably get cracking on writing one.

What sorts of headlines has the Brotherhood been getting? The Registration act?

Are there any wholesome pro-mutant organizations that we know of?

There's apparently a secret organization that uses mutant assassins. Have we heard any rumors about that kind of stuff?

EE:
Oh god, I can't stop. Tomn is contagious. Post near him at your own risk!

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 29, 2015

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Tomn posted:

So, I've been doing some thinking. .....

Edit: Congratulations, hollylolly, you've been Tomn'd!
:shepface:

I feel like I've truly arrived, now. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm happy if we say gently caress you Brotherhood and your Nazi bullshit and have everyone pissed at us.

Let's try and foster a 'make peace with the rest of humanity' shtick. If that means we have to regress and hurt people who try and hurt us with some old fashioned ultra violence, well... Great.

• Locked thread