Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Cats are way cleaner than dogs, I wouldn't let a dog into my bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Timett posted:

Then it will never take off. If I can't use my phone while it's charging I've got no use for it.

Am I the weird one in this? Are other people not using their phone while it's charging?

I think it's kind of a gimmick for the reasons you mentioned, but there's definitely a market for it. Or it at least seems to be one of the ways you get people to pay more than $12 for an iphone case on Amazon.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Reminder that the Truth commercials are literally made by the tobacco companies as part of some old agreement so it probably shouldn't be surprising that they make them as ineffective as possible.

Reminder that all they do is pay for them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
We call ourselves . . . "the freedom hikers."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

I reflexively shout "gently caress you!" at the TV every time that comes on.

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008

Rick posted:

What I hate about this commercial is that the hikers have a huge tub of ice filled with beers. Who dragged that along the trail?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Henchman of Santa posted:

I reflexively shout "gently caress you!" at the TV every time that comes on.

I'm positive I've done the same thing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Seriously, enough of the loving FanDuel and Draft Kings commercials. FanDuel has a loving infomercial now!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It was when I started seeing Draft Kings ads worked into an episode of The League followed by THIS PLAYER HAS X POINTS ON DRAFT KINGS popups during actual football games that I went into full on hate mode. I think I held out longer than most.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Seriously, enough of the loving FanDuel and Draft Kings commercials. FanDuel has a loving infomercial now!

The pregame shows have turned into informercials for them too.

I think I've watched my last NFL game this season because of it. At least college football only has the commercials (and a LOT less of them this week, actually).

I just saw a Ford commercial that featured a car driving in the left lane of a two lane road :v:

Sash! fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 4, 2015

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I keep seeing this weird Truth anti-smoking commercial during breaks on Comedy Central that has a bunch of real life meme characters talking about how social smoking is a "trap".

It's so bad I can't tell if I want to throw up or start smoking first and then throw up.

Oh man, they used to show a lot of Truth (I think) ads during local broadcasts of Buffalo Sabres games. Relentlessly. They even pissed off the non-smokers in my family. Quite possibly the worst one was a guy talking about losing his foot due to smoking. 'It started turning all these funny colors, and finally I just couldn't stand the smell anymore.'

Yeeeeeeeah, I don't think that was just smoking's fault bro...

It's another older one, but I worked as a file clerk for a while, and since it was like, me and one other guy in like, a basement filing room, he always had a radio on blasting the classic rock station. Just about every single commercial break, they had an ad of labored wheezing in the background 'this is what it sounds like of you dying from cigarette smoking', followed by 'this is what your family sounds like after you die from cigarette smoking' with crying. Except the crying sound effect was the exact same crying sound effect for Witches from the Left 4 Dead games. Drove me nuts.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The message is pretty clear, smoking creates zombies.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmuGEjirBYM

This loving commercial with this guy. Every time I see it I just want to punch his face in.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I saw the Milk Face ad for the first time last night. That was horrible!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
There's a new Glasses.com commercial with some hipster douche sporting a pony tail and riding a skateboard.

Oh, he's also wearing a suit.

Where's that truck-out-of-nowhere when you need one?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Oh boy, it's October again, which means the goddamn Kit Kat commercials are back in full force.

Has anyone told them that 20-30 seconds of people shoving Kit Kats into their mouths and the noises that follow make people NOT want to buy their product?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Once the political ads come back to football next fall we'll be begging for Draftkings and FanDuel

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Volatile Penguin posted:

Oh boy, it's October again, which means the goddamn Kit Kat commercials are back in full force.

Has anyone told them that 20-30 seconds of people shoving Kit Kats into their mouths and the noises that follow make people NOT want to buy their product?

I haven't seen it in a while but there was one 30 second-ish dog food commercial last year that was just an annoying loving dog eating and a couple of words of voiceover.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Volatile Penguin posted:

It's kind of funny how I can't even remember the last time they actually did the jingle instead of just making it out of people eating Kit Kat noises.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I remember that the first time those crunching Kit Kat commercials aired, it took me a few viewings to even realize that they were crunching to the tune of the song.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

There's a new Glasses.com commercial with some hipster douche sporting a pony tail and riding a skateboard.

Oh, he's also wearing a suit.

Where's that truck-out-of-nowhere when you need one?

You're forgetting how the hipster has either naturally gray hair and beard (meaning he's in his 40's), or gray dyed hair and beard (which is just... what?)

That's not even the best/worst one. The other commercial from the site is some bitchy white girl playing dominoes or some poo poo against some Asian looking people in some seedy looking warehouse.

Like, you could swear the very next scene if they cared to film it would be of her getting shot/stabbed.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 5, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Benne posted:

Once the political ads come back to football next fall we'll be begging for Draftkings and FanDuel

In the DC area there is no such thing as when the political ads "come back."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Radish posted:

In the DC area there is no such thing as when the political ads "come back."

But we also get the strange and fun kind that are like "WHY AMERICA SHOULD BUY THE KC-30 FOR ITS MIDAIR REFUELING NEEDS" or "RAYTHEON: LEADING SUPPLIER OF AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEMS."

I kinda miss the AM General JLTV commercials on the radio because those were the ultimate truck commercials.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
gently caress Burger King's Croissanwich ads. That guy just makes my blood boil.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Speaking of Burger King does anyone even eat that disgusting Midnight whopper looking thing. :barf:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

vyst posted:

Speaking of Burger King does anyone even eat that disgusting Midnight whopper looking thing. :barf:

It's been around in Japan before but I think they colored it differently. Like it wasn't flavored anything, it was just black because they used squid ink in the mixture for making the buns.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ew, I assumed it was pumpernickel or something, it's just colored bread?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This one is also mostly using food coloring. The AI flavoring obviously isn't going to turn the bread black.

Plus bonus, it makes you poo green.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Pretty much. It seems to taste like regular bread except it is a little bit mushier.

Also it apparently makes your poop green.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dang I want to poop green

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well the green poop thing is tempting but I'd have to eat a whopper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well then you can just get a stomach flu.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

IRQ posted:

Well the green poop thing is tempting but I'd have to eat a whopper.

You could just eat a buncha stuff with varying food colorings, green is to poop as white is to light and black is to paint.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

muscles like this? posted:

It's been around in Japan before but I think they colored it differently. Like it wasn't flavored anything, it was just black because they used squid ink in the mixture for making the buns.
Yeah I got curious a few days ago and read about this. Japan has had black fast food gimmick items before but the black coloring was from squid ink or bamboo charcoal. When Burger King rolled this out they basically went "gently caress that noise, just dump a shitload of food coloring into the dough." :911:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sash! posted:

But we also get the strange and fun kind that are like "WHY AMERICA SHOULD BUY THE KC-30 FOR ITS MIDAIR REFUELING NEEDS" or "RAYTHEON: LEADING SUPPLIER OF AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEMS."

I kinda miss the AM General JLTV commercials on the radio because those were the ultimate truck commercials.

Yeah when I listened to more radio I remember all the "HEY GOVERNMENT MILITARY CONTRACTORS! TELL YOUR BOSS ABOUT THIS COOL poo poo" commercials since there's enough of them here that it's worth it to market to them.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Hazo posted:

Yeah I got curious a few days ago and read about this. Japan has had black fast food gimmick items before but the black coloring was from squid ink or bamboo charcoal. When Burger King rolled this out they basically went "gently caress that noise, just dump a shitload of food coloring into the dough." :911:

To be fair there is literally no possible way a squid ink burger would sell in America

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hazo posted:

According to them, it only takes 1% to turn it black.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The AT&T commercial with the guy talking about his baby using up bandwidth is weird because the guy sounds exactly like Will Forte.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aphrodite posted:

According to them, it only takes 1% to turn it black.

Huh, normally in the US it just takes one drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-YNBVeHG8

I guess someone was taking that literally when they blew up an MSF hospital :2bong::hf::downsgun:. Maaaaaaaaaaybe pull that ad you guys. Also the hilariously conspicuous lack of Obama.