Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Meet The Owned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhyO26bVVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

When did we enter the age where people actually trust lawyers?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
More memes pls

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

Derek Smart knows a thing or two about beverage machines

:boom:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

More memes pls

YOUR MEMES END HERE!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

YOUR MEMES END HERE!

Nice!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
yo i found some colouring books can someone point me to the .jpeg black market?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

"Hi there I have your delivery of lies here you need to sign for it"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I really only funded this game for the social module so I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Lord Tywin posted:

Just look at this deeply thought out reddit analysis, it's obvious that there are no chance of the money running out!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3npo4o/is_star_citizen_running_out_of_money/

Yeah, that's some very solid conjecture right there.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

tooterfish posted:

PULL THE LEVER

in a total surprise, it is revealed at starcon that star citizen was sold to konami, who will now condense all of star citizen into a freemium mobile app where you can have insurance payments to not have your ships destroyed and a brand of exclusive star-citizen pachinko machines. there will also be a star citzien-themed fitness club with a 20k espresso machine for vips.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Octopode posted:

Only a few employees know the details of the next ship sale, but the entire office knows the financial details.

Oh drat, you nerds got checkmated and didn't even know it. Boom! All y'all got lit up cuz

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Roflan posted:

Even if she did say that, I have to imagine it was a euphemism for something... Maybe it's Australian for busybody or bitch or something? She is Australian, right?

She was born in Adelaide, Australia; breeding ground for serial killers and people like Rupert Murdoch.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

I know the ship. But I am not going to reveal that information. Sorry. I didn't write that section to ruin surprises; that's why I only stated the obvious and based on stuff that was already hinted at or speculated on.

Don't worry Derek, it has been revealed to me that the next ship will be the ZZZZ Best

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

Figuring out it's income is easy as it's plastered all over the website and pretty much the only thing the press talks about in regards to this game. Some good folks in the community wanting to keep up with their donations created the Crowdfunding Development Spreadsheet. Using this, and the belief that the best way to predict future growth is from past results, I wanted to find the yearly income as a baseline. So I measured from 1/1/2014 to 1/1/2015. In that period Star Citizen raised around $32,000,000.

So that's a yearly income of $32,000,000.

img-bitcoin.graph.jpg

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I said come in! posted:

I love an anime.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Dapper Dan posted:

in a total surprise, it is revealed at starcon that star citizen was sold to konami, who will now condense all of star citizen into a freemium mobile app where you can have insurance payments to not have your ships destroyed and a brand of exclusive star-citizen pachinko machines. there will also be a star citzien-themed fitness club with a 20k espresso machine for vips.

This would be one of the greatest days of my life should this happen. Exclusive Big Boss skins and horse armor galore.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

This would be one of the greatest days of my life should this happen. Exclusive Big Boss skins and horse armor galore.

Aurora Pachinko Machines

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

This would be one of the greatest days of my life

:smith:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My son has been talking for a few days about 'the hardest vegetable' that he has coming up, turns out he meant The Harvest Festival at school :3:

Edit: Just realised he did that last year too.
Kids are crazy

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

no_recall posted:

Aurora Pachinko Machines

Every payout will be increasingly delayed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The "Arena Commander"-esque mode just patched into Elite Dangerous is better than it in every way :laffo:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The "Arena Commander"-esque mode just patched into Elite Dangerous is better than it in every way :laffo:

Unsurprising since they stole all Star Citizens ideas :smug:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Unsurprising since they stole all Star Citizens ideas :smug:

Who cares, Samsung does the same or was that Apple? It's made everything better. Now Star Citizen needs to be a game, and everything will be better.

Space court as well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

no_recall posted:

Who cares, Samsung does the same or was that Apple? It's made everything better. Now Star Citizen needs to be a game, and everything will be better.

Space court as well.

I have a Samsung fridge that is less than satisfactory though so that kind of takes the wind out of that argument

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I also have a Samsung TV that operates well so I dunno what to think really

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Owns.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm okay, with Samsung.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This has got me thinking now and I have a Samsung phone and laptop as well.
This is hosed up

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

This has got me thinking now and I have a Samsung phone and laptop as well.
This is hosed up

Capitalism.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone actually get a refund actioned within the past 1-2 days?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
In a surprise move that surprised nobody, Derek Smart assaulted an expresso machine.
e:fb

Reposting this once again relevant piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEuY6-UM8VI

As an amateur musician, I'm really glad I get to experience the star citizen saga in this medium. Music owns. Arkimedes own. This thread owns. I love you all. Yes, you too.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Regard Ortwin AlphaShark and his legal / PR gambit against Escapist.

This comment from a lawyer is actually a pretty good read. (How a lucid person ended up in the RSI forums I have no idea...)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Does ED really suck? I was under the impression that it's still some kind of early beta release and that more content is coming?

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

peter gabriel posted:

Agreed she could easily have been asking if the applicant liked the countryside when she said "G'day cobber is your bush well kept?"

Fair crack of the whip, we call it a merkin, digger

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

What's in the other letter that was sent to cr?

What other letter? All the official letters are linked in the blog.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Derek, question:

Could you ask LEGAL if there is any chance or ground to stand on to have a class action lawsuit? They've sold a product to nearly a million people that hasn't been delivered.

I don't need to ask them. We have enough people to file for class action; and that was the plan all along. This was never about me. Even though they keep trying to make it about me.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Octopode posted:

Just to check: when you say Squadron 42 is 15 months out from release, do you mean the release of the first episode, or completion of all planned episodes? I just want it to be clear later.

As I understand it, they were talking about the first episode because most of what's needed have yet to be created. Chris has been loving around with cut scenes and playing movie director. All this, oblivious to the fact that there's no loving game to plug the cutscenes into.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Does ED really suck? I was under the impression that it's still some kind of early beta release and that more content is coming?

It's a solid game, but most of the storytelling and world building you have to look for. It's a big ol' sandbox without any gigantic "you must go here" goals. It's a finished game, but they've added lots of new features in the updates. They're going to do planetary landings on barren planets by the holidays (with a mako type buggy) and multicrew after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

It's a full game but there isn't much to do. The core gameplay is fun but I suspect it will take a few years to get really engaging.

• Locked thread