Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yes because I'm trying SO HARD to stay incognito.

But why come here at all? Dont you have like a job or something instead of time to waste on terrible attempts to convince others you're right about a fictional game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Incombibulator posted:

Isn't :lesnick: a community manager?

Prediction: "Medical Reasons". (B4tBG Translation: He ded)

Ben got upgraded from mere community manager to "I'm a real boy!" 'developer' a while back. Community manager was like Will and James.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DS hasn't told me yet. Pre-DS prediction: Volper Bomber

Nope. That's not it :)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dante80 posted:

You would do well as a Community Manager. Especially if you also leaked the main branch by accident.

I was going to make the comment that someone like a Community Manager would never have access to anything that wasn't public knowledge. But then I remembered what company we're talking about.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kryopsis posted:

It should be noted that Elite: Dangerous also uses its own proprietary engine. Developing engines is very time consuming, which is why most of the industry opted for Unreal Engine or Unity. Then you can focus on creating content and scripting, relying on existing support channels when needed.

Elite Dangerous: Kickstarter ended November 2012. Estimated delivery date March 2014. New engine developed for it. Delivered December 2014 missing offline play, which allowed some backers to get refunds.

Star Citizen: Kickstarter ended November 2012. Estimated delivery date November 2014. Heavily modified CryEngine. As of October 2015 no sign of delivery in sight. All features, plus more than a few more, still promised.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

People reply to your rants all the time tho.

LOL!! yeah, but in the case of this nitwit Kevin, he's not even important enough to give the attention. And I wrote the article because I didn't want to get involved in any back and forth with him.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Elite Dangerous: Kickstarter ended November 2012. Estimated delivery date March 2014. New engine developed for it. Delivered December 2014 missing offline play, which allowed some backers to get refunds.

Star Citizen: Kickstarter ended November 2012. Estimated delivery date November 2014. Heavily modified CryEngine. As of October 2015 no sign of delivery in sight. All features, plus more than a few more, still promised.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Derek Smart is right about everything.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

- the entire concept of an information courier
- cargo actually being modeled and simulated down to the individual item

Cut-The-loving-Lass and her Un-loving-paralleled Maneu-poo poo-verability

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! yeah, but in the case of this nitwit Kevin, he's not even important enough to give the attention. And I wrote the article because I didn't want to get involved in any back and forth with him.

unrelated but - do you think there is a paper trail regarding Sandi's alleged racist and ageist discrimination? It's a pretty big allegation and one that would be tough to prove imo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

D_Smart posted:

If you're ever in Vancouver BC we're going out for tequila shots

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I decided to log onto AC last night to see if it's still awful.

First game I joined immediately ended in defeat for me before I could even get up to speed.
Second game I had a CTD upon firing a single missile.
Third game I actually got to play some stuff and it was still meh.

SC is the BDSSE.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

this star citizen thread actually convinced me to buy ED

thank you sc.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

I think I'm personally fond of the 49 million stretch goal being a space bonsai tree that you can look at in game.
Follow that up at 50 million was three complete alien languages.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to apply for the community manager position

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my favorite feature is the inclusion of toilets

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aww man I guess Jared's getting fired. :(

"build loyal fans, and spread positive sentiments."

Absolutely crucial going into the future.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
36e75651fb234ddc6b88f57254017e0b78baef327f522cabdea975c07eca691a

It's $175.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

will you be one of my references for the CIG community manager position

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I think I'm personally fond of the 49 million stretch goal being a space bonsai tree that you can look at in game.

I'm upset that the game doesn't make you tend to the bonsai tree. There should be in depth mechanics for trimming and watering the tree.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's $175.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's $175.

what a deal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

im going to apply for the community manager position

I actually have a legit chance of qualifying for this position. I just need them to not look into the fact that I got a refund for this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys, the arbitrarily priced space ship jpg is only $175 this time, we can still feed our families this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

I actually have a legit chance of qualifying for this position. I just need them to not look into the fact that I got a refund for this game.

but would you really want to work there

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's $175.

Good on ya, mate. Instantly verifiable once decrypted.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's $175.

the price can easily be changed though

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

(SHA256 hash that can be easily decrypted)

It's $175.

You know SHA256 hash rainbow tables exist, right?

Hell, you can just pop that into Google, and one comes up.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Won't the brown sea try and crack this?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

Won't the brown sea try and crack this?

You don't have to. Google it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Eonwe posted:

guys, the arbitrarily priced space ship jpg is only $175 this time, we can still feed our families this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm disappointed, now I won't be able to convince myself not to buy it.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
vindicator?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

We have a winner.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So, I was watching Colbert on YouTube and I saw that he had the 'No Man's Sky' guys on. I couldn't help think of Star Citizen. I mean, it seems really hyped up to the point that there's no way it can live up to what it has generated. But at least the drat thing exists in some fashion and looks like it will be released (eventually).

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Why the gently caress would you pay a linguist something like high five to low six figures to develop alien languages that you are just going to use subtitles for anyway? I cannot imagine that would be cheap.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

KillHour posted:

You know SHA256 hash rainbow tables exist, right?

Hell, you can just pop that into Google, and one comes up.

There's a quantity of fucks I'm willing to allocate. That quantity was exhausted in finding a SHA-256 calculator in the first place.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
welp there goes that big rear end reveal thanks goons for ruining everything

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

but would you really want to work there

Yeah that's true. It's in Santa Monica, California, which is kinda where I want to live, but the job is really insecure? Like you have no idea if you're going to be working the next week or not because there's no way this game is going to be finished. Whoever applies for this job has to do it with the understanding that the position is not going to last very long.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Not any more :colbert:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's $175.

I cracked the hash, it is "roflcopter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's a quantity of fucks I'm willing to allocate. That quantity was exhausted in finding a SHA-256 calculator in the first place.

You could have just put like a period at the end or something. Or made it "The name of the ship is Vindicator."

• Locked thread