Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Agrajag posted:

twin bros gmbh

This thread can do with more Rick and Morty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Refund issued, I'm completely free of this poo poo.

e: gonna blow half of it on warhams.

Please read: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603841

tl;dr. Games Workshop is as terrible as CIG, though funnily enough for the exact opposite reasons. At least they have a game.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Xii posted:

Wow, I didn't follow SC's development for awhile, it's all gone down the shitter huh?

I had a feeling this would happen. :v:

To be honest, even now I have a lot of trouble making something coherent out of all of what's coming out. Media does have a habit of dogpiling, so the volume of accusations isn't indicative of everything suddenly going to poo poo. Further, a lot of the articles are coming from sources that are low on the totem pole, which is doubly bad considering, well, it's gaming media.

The stuff like "CIG has 8 million dollars left" or the more extreme stuff about Sandi sounds really dubious to me. It's all possible, but it's so out there I have trouble giving those rumors any credibility. The fact they've been pretty good about refunds makes me think that the money situation isn't nearly as dire as everyone makes it out to be.

What I do believe, however, are the accusations that keep coming up over and over again and are in line with reports from when CRoberts was working on Freelancer. The things about him micromanaging in weird ways, being incredibly picky over inconsequential details, forcing people to redo stuff that was approved earlier, wanting to be a movie guy rather than a game guy and spending money accordingly, and just generally being a poor manager. There're also a lot of hard facts that look bad enough and don't rely on any rumors at all. They're horribly behind, they're adding ship jpegs faster than they're adding unflyable ships to the hangar, they somehow let Ben get into a position of authority, their minimal playable modules really aren't fun at all, they're not releasing financial statements, they're handling the controversy in a horribly unprofessional manner, and so on.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

edit: ok so it's eleven largest ponzi schemes now, so what. You could say Croberts turned it up to 11. :smug:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lu Yan posted:

Bullshit.
Read back thru the thread-- I think one of the goons was refunded to PayPal via Ortwin's business.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TwatHammer posted:

600 new posts? poo poo son. What'd i miss.

coffee talk

:coffeepal:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Paladinus posted:

This thread can do with more Rick and Morty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

This is the current Star Citizen social module:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbsV8QWGic

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Read back thru the thread-- I think one of the goons was refunded to PayPal via Ortwin's business.

Yeah I think so too, it was a good way back.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lu Yan posted:

Bullshit.

Madcosby posted:

for reals?

not for real, but Twin Bros GMBH which is probably a left-over company from their movie studio days that's nothing more than a bank account.

the question is, are they putting money in all these different shell companies for useful reasons, or bad ones?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't read Ortwin Freyermuth without thinking he's the mad scientist who created Agent 47.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

Oh fuuuuck, I think he BLOCKED me :qq:

It's ok. I will read aaaall your posts. :glomp:

Xaerael posted:

Oh man, you're totally hosed. Maltag is DEF blocking you.

OK, I think I'm done ridiculing that loving moron. Back to business.

Then no more hugs. Wow. That was quick.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ortwin was the person who issued my refund, paypal said "You have a payment from Ortwin Freyermuth" but the money itself came from CIG CA.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I can't read Ortwin Freyermuth without thinking he's the mad scientist who created Agent 47.

I can't stop thinking Madrigal.

G0RF posted:

You're sick. Do you ask Andy Dufresne to crawl back up through the poo poo because he took the wrong pair of the warden's shoes?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
ugh, the brown sea got tired of waiting and brought the poop to me on twitter.

and i was dumb enough to go touching it, and now they've "owned" me by pointing out that the original deliver date was based on the $2mil expectation and apparently somehow that means i'm totally wrong about the scope creep problems.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lu Yan posted:

You're sick. Do you ask Andy Dufresne to crawl back up through the poo poo because he took the wrong pair of the warden's shoes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcOhIhY_s8

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Iridium posted:

and i was dumb enough to go touching it, and now they've "owned" me by pointing out that the original deliver date was based on the $2mil expectation and apparently somehow that means i'm totally wrong about the scope creep problems.

Every dollar after 2 million pushed the release date back one day.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
$20,000 for a coffee machine is insane, for that price you could get like, 4 half decent color copiers.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
so far i've seen refunds from these sources:

Roberts Space Industries International Limited
Cloud Imperium Games CA
Twin Bros. GMBH

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I got my refund. It was actually quite easy, and I just transferred my stuff to another account that I couldn't get a refund value for (namely stuff I had traded on the grey market) During the process I inquired about the ToS around refunds, and why they were closing accounts along with refunding pledge money, and this was the response:

quote:

Refunds past the initial grace period of 14 days, or such longer grace period as required by applicable local regulations, are entirely exceptional. Our TOS entitles you to a refund if requested within this grace period but not for any refunds requested thereafter. In accordance with our TOS we are not legally obligated to offer a refund in this case.

However, as a goodwill gesture we have made an exception to offer a refund despite these facts. There will be no entry for this in our TOS because of the exceptional nature of this offer. The condition for this is that we do not offer partial refunds or allow refunded accounts to remain open in these cases. Without this measure, the system would be open to abuse.

This stance allows us to counter abuse inherent with making goodwill gestures of this kind. This is as much for our protection as it is to honour your request.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Iridium posted:

link to your pooped up twitter please.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

coffee talk

:coffeepal:
I buy my coffee from a local philly place called REANIMATOR. current fav: ETHIOPIA SOTA Peach, Lemon, Jasmine, Sparkling Acidity

look at how tight this poo poo is.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Zmej posted:

I buy my coffee from a local philly place called REANIMATOR. current fav: ETHIOPIA SOTA Peach, Lemon, Jasmine, Sparkling Acidity

That poo poo's pretty tight.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zmej posted:

that is wicked as all gently caress.. they distribute outside Philly?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nicholas posted:

At my office we used to have these huge starbucks coffee machines, that they filled with unground beans every day, and when you wanted it a cup it would grind them and brew it and it took forever and was so good. then like 5 years ago they replaced them with Keurigs and I'm still not over it.

edit: then they replaced the keurigs with tassamos or some poo poo. which were so much worse they brought back the keurigs

Haha, my office has one of those Starbucks machines. We have about 4 people in the office daily, on average, and we have a Starbucks brand coffee machine that grinds beans and makes coffee and cocoa. I don't know how much it cost but I really love that thing.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

link to your pooped up twitter please.

starts here. https://twitter.com/IridiumRE/status/652139474541895682

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Maltag posted:

Lots of good points being raised ITT. Agreed that they shouldn't drink any coffee until the game is out, also Derek Smart is dropping truth bombs everywhere.
ITT: Butthurt wageslaves earning pathetic low end 5 figure incomes who are deeply envious of the fact that CIG is still generating their annual salary in donations by 3pm on a tuesday without even giving us a game.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ITT: Butthurt wageslaves earning pathetic low end 5 figure incomes who are deeply envious of the fact that CIG is still generating their annual salary in donations by 3pm on a tuesday without even giving us a game.

I cant dislike you, because your reg date is my birthday which is like the kids say "boss" but man quit projecting your issues on the thread.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Every dollar after 2 million pushed the release date back one day.

:agreed:

100 million days is 270k years. Sounds about right.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

seriously do all you true believers come up with your comebacks in some handbook CIG hands out? i swear to god every single one of you says the same poo poo in order to justify being a complete retard.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Puppetmaster defense next

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

But how much have you made in bitcoins?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I poo poo my pants, but guess what, I have a whole wardrobe filled with pants. I bet you only have three pairs tops, lol.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
- yeah i spent $x see if i care
- hivemind hahaha
- ethics in journalism
- im so rich and youre so poor
- puppetmaster

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Whatever, Seraph.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
New blood. New blood.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Who is holding the bag on all these goon jpgs.

Jpg profiteers why did you sell your jpgs?! It seems like if you beleived in the project you'd want people to buy directly from CIG, or you'd want to hold your valuable space assets.

How can I become a space trader? Is it more profitable than spacelaw?

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SneakyFrog posted:

I cant dislike you, because your reg date is my birthday which is how the kids say "boss" but man quit projecting your issues on the thread.

It's true... it's all true. I'm so jealous of guys like Seraph. He paid me only $40 / hour while we was making hundreds, what a hypocrite rear end in a top hat pretending to be a revplutionary, right? Okay, the truth is I'm just mad cause he's been telling me to put my money into bitcoin since it was at $175/coin and I never did until now. I only ever wanted to be a cool, rich, smart, kind, fit babe-magnet like he is... I'm sorry. I've been such a fool.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lu Yan posted:

Bullshit.

poo poo you not, refunds have been coming back from little holding companies.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

It's true... it's all true. I'm so jealous of guys like Seraph. He paid me only $40 / hour while we was making hundreds, what a hypocrite rear end in a top hat pretending to be a revplutionary, right? Okay, the truth is I'm just mad cause he's been telling me to put my money into bitcoin since it was at $175/coin and I never did until now. I only ever wanted to be a cool, rich, smart, kind, fit babe-magnet like he is... I'm sorry. I've been such a fool.

nice meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

uhhhh

• Locked thread