Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

KM Scorchio posted:

Just 5 minutes of browsing that forum has convinced me that there will inevitably be suicides when the wheels fall off this shitheap.

Yeah, the thing is I think is that they have all spent so long on there that bit by bit the insanity has ramped up without them realising it and now they are all loving certified cuckoo twats sitting around high fiving each other because the loving website menus have changed and that obviously means 'huge things are about to happen'.
When you first come across the place as an outsider the insanity hits you in one huge lump like a fuckin tsunami of sheer weapons grade mentalness and they are oblivious to the point that if someone says 'hey maybe there are issues here' the fucknuggets are all over you with 'someone hasn't heard of early access :smug: '

On the flip side Rome wasn't built in a day so I dunno really maybe they have a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Iron Tusk posted:

Except they added about a couple hundred new items.

So they have 300 items to cover every and all relations between ships to CCU ? :psyduck: I mean :cry: that's such a horrible way of dealing with it. Instead ... I mean... my brain hurts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Awww. :( I woulda agreed with you if you had said like: "That last quote totally shoulda won tho." but okay... :smith:

Ill be home in a few hours please remind me to watch it then friend

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches. Everybody who's keeping up with development knows this before pledging. We know our ships can be lost, it's a game after all.

Like that's not going to change multiple times before "launch".

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
citcon will be all about scripted and unscripted explosions

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches. Everybody who's keeping up with development knows this before pledging. We know our ships can be lost, it's a game after all.

It's not a game, actually

It's digital sharts

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

That's not part of my vision

My vision is boxed sharts, liquidy and very unhealthy looking

I will eat only curly fries and mail you the curly fries shart for $100 though

It's funny I just came into some money just recently! I almost got burned last time, but I truly honestly believe in your poo poo posting talents. Consider me sold! :v:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches.

Expect this to change in two weeks.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

KM Scorchio posted:

Just 5 minutes of browsing that forum has convinced me that there will inevitably be suicides when the wheels fall off this shitheap.

That is what I've been saying for like a year now. I wouldn't be surprised if :lesnick: gets on that list too. He seems so utterly broken over this poo poo. Wulf will be at the top of that list. Wonder if we'll see any murder suicides. Kinda hosed up to think about but population control can't hurt.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Iron Tusk posted:

New CCU system is up. It's done in leterally the worst way.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51&sort=store&search=&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

Why they couldn't have a simple page with 2 lists I don't know?

Time to plan my exit strategy :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nation posted:

citcon will be all about scripted and unscripted explosions

Lol Star Citizen: Scripted and unscripted explosions

Make it happen mods

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

It's funny I just came into some money just recently! I almost got burned last time, but I truly honestly believe in your poo poo posting talents. Consider me sold! :v:

I'll deliver the shart in 2 weeks

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

Ill be home in a few hours please remind me to watch it then friend

Prolly be asleep by then on this side of the world, but 'sokay. :unsmith:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wulfling posted:

That is what I've been saying for like a year now. I wouldn't be surprised if :lesnick: gets on that list too. He seems so utterly broken over this poo poo. Wulf will be at the top of that list. Wonder if we'll see any murder suicides. Kinda hosed up to think about but population control can't hurt.

They may try to kill themselves but be utterly bewildered and confounded as what to do with the jpeg of a bottle of pills they bought from istock

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

They may try to kill themselves but be utterly bewildered and confounded as what to do with the jpeg of a bottle of pills they bought

:laffo:

:bravo:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Prolly be asleep by then on this side of the world, but 'sokay. :unsmith:

You fucker

Let me put my earbuds in

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy anything at all because the game will never exist, but even if does I'm going to laugh when you can buy a $500 ship after playing the game for 3 hours.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Iron Tusk posted:

Except they added about a couple hundred new items.

They are likely adding the items to the store backend that will be added to your account by the new system, since it will be going live sometime over the weekend.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

KM Scorchio posted:

According to that stuff by Beer, people have apparently ruined their lives for this stupid piece of bullshit by going into debt and having it kill marriages. Based on loving jpegs no less. Have they said to not ruin your life over a loving videogame? (Probably not lol)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dapper Dan posted:

According to that stuff by Beer, people have apparently ruined their lives for this stupid piece of bullshit by going into debt and having it kill marriages. Based on loving jpegs no less. Have they said to not ruin your life over a loving videogame? (Probably not lol)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RymuG8nn8

2:00 Take note who loses the quotation battle!

That was good I'm glad I watched it

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
ben lesnick is fat. F.A.T.

fat fatty fat

FAt

also gryphon will kill himself when this shits the bed lol

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dapper Dan posted:

Eonwe posted:

That was good I'm glad I watched it

:unsmith:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
My inside sources have told me that Christopher Hill has either quit or been fired by CIG.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

Yup, one guy spent his family's savings on jpeg spaceships and his wife took the kids and left him.

That's okay though, because he has Star Citizen :thumbsup:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Octopode posted:

My inside sources have told me that Christopher Hill has either quit or been fired by CIG.

whack a mole continues.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches.

lol if you believe this is true

E: and i don't mean the game launching in this case

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just sold my freelancer and I'm currently sitting at a profit on star citizen. Might sell my 300i as well. Thanks for denying my refund Sandi.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Octopode posted:

Is this sarcasm? (he is gone since about 3 months) :)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3c23oa/im_gonna_miss_chris_hill_anyone_with_me/

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

does anyone else think the new Hangar Simulator 2015 is absolute TRASH with the new lighting????? That's it I'm out.

Burn the heretic

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

They just got around to deleting his dev account today, which is the only way I track them.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
So I guess probated accounts can still post here

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yes, and everything a developer/CEO says is always completely true and they have never lied or manipulated their audience for money. Chris Roberts is especially trustworthy as everything he has said has come to pass and been on point. Deadlines have been met, and everything is progressing well.

BurtLington posted:

Yup, one guy spent his family's savings on jpeg spaceships and his wife took the kids and left him.

That's okay though, because he has Star Citizen :thumbsup:

Holy poo poo. That's loving pathetic. Even after 8-9 years on steam I've spent something like $1500, but that doesn't count sales, so its possible I've spent much less than that. You'd have to buy an unimaginable amount of games, and even if you spent like 5k you'd never be able to play them all.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

neonbregna posted:

Burn the heretic

Hey, hangars weren't built in a day, friend

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Gryphon0468 posted:

They don't have the money to finish the game, and it's obvious what money they have left will be spent on frivolous things. How blind are you that you cannot see this? There will be no launch. There will be no game.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good. It'll make selling my poo poo easier.

I'm not even watching CitCon. Gonna go do family stuff. Hell by the time I get back maybe they'll have the livestream unfucked.

Look at this shameful Judas that is betraying Christ Roberts.

Edit like what the gently caress has happened in the past 50 pages. Bootcha needs to man up and become a proxy for Sir Derek Smart so he can burn this poo poo to the ground or have cig give him a refund.

Edit 2 I will take up the mantle of PCOS Bill and play the devils advocate from here on out until Bootcha does the right thing

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 9, 2015

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Variable 5 posted:

So I guess probated accounts can still post here
Hahaha, nice.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

neonbregna posted:

Look at this shameful Judas that is betraying Christ Roberts.

Edit like what the gently caress has happened in the past 50 pages. Bootcha needs to man up and become a proxy for Sir Derek Smart so he can burn this poo poo to the ground or have cig give him a refund.

Edit 2 I will take up the mantle of PCOS Bill and play the devils advocate from here on out until Bootcha does the right thing

Martyrs, coffee, slap fights, and general anger.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Chris Roberts will announce RSI's bankruptcy via a demo of the FPS module. The demo will consist solely of a pretty sweet animation of your spaceman putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

The demo will crash four times. The fifth time the crosshair will float off-screen causing your spaceman to shoot off his ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Kimsemus posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/288411/beer4thebeergod-s-ban

At this point, I don't mind falling on my own sword. My account was going to be closed imminently anyway, I guess.

Reading that thread gives me an odd feeling. I thought it was the population of the forums itself that created the cult. Now I see it is enforced by moderators of the forums too.

How sick.

• Locked thread