Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Revmoo's Orange Chicken:

Read entire recipe fully before cooking. Takes 2.5 hours roughly. Serve with steamed white rice and steamed broccoli with butter

Ingredients:
1-2lb of chicken, squared into chunks
Rice vinegar
Soy Sauce
Lemon/Lime juice
Ginger root
2 Oranges
1 White onion
Brown sugar
Honey
Green onions
Garlic
Red pepper flakes
Salt
Black pepper
Flour

Sauce:
2 Cups water
1/4 Cup Rice vinegar
1 oz Soy sauce
1 oz Lemon/Lime juice
2 oz Small diced white onions
.5 oz grated ginger root
2 large oranges zest
2 large oranges juice
1 Cup brown sugar
3 Tbs honey
1 Tbs Diced green onions
1 Tsp Garlic (Not too much, just a hint)
1 Tsp Red pepper flakes

Ingredients should be mixed to taste and volume needed. Sauce should not be too thick or too thin.

Directions:
Bring sauce to boil and simmer 10-20 mins.
Let sauce cool and place half in bag with chicken pieces to marinade
Save half of sauce for cooking later

*Marinate chicken 2 hours*

In a second bag add flour, salt and pepper
Remove chicken pieces, drain and then add to flour bag, evenly coat chicken pieces
Heat skillet with medium coating of olive oil and brown chicken rapidly. Do not cook fully
Remove chicken from skillet, place on paper towels to drain
Clean skillet of any debris
Add sauce to skillet and boil, add chicken pieces
Keeping temperature up, allow sauce to reduce and occasionally toss the chicken
Finish cooking chicken and remove and add to serving bowl. Keep only the sauce that stays with the chicken

revmoo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

You know that weird cross :lesnick: wears, does it remind anyone else of Chris-chan's Sonichu medallion?

Someone said that the weird cross he wears is some dumb gimmick thing from the Wing Commander games.

The dude is wearing a 20 year old kitsch necklace.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

SirPhoebos posted:

You know that weird cross :lesnick: wears, does it remind anyone else of Chris-chan's Sonichu medallion?

Photoshoppers, you know what you must do.

"I want everything about Sandi off the Internet now now now!"

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Someone said that the weird cross he wears is some dumb gimmick thing from the Wing Commander games.

Ben wears the Pilgrim's cross. It's basically the symbol of Space Jeebus. He's the prophet of the Lord, Christ Robbers.

Yyyyyyyuuck.

E- you ever wonder how he puts the necklace on? I mean, with those T-Rex arms...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does Ben charge it with someone else who has one?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SirPhoebos posted:

Wing Commander is Robert's ultimate Star Trek fanfiction.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Ben wears the Pilgrim's cross. It's basically the symbol of Space Jeebus. He's the prophet of the Lord, Christ Robbers.

Yyyyyyyuuck.

E- you ever wonder how he puts the necklace on? I mean, with those T-Rex arms...

I don't think he takes it off.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The Goon who did the Goonrathi fleet manual should really gather all recipes ITT and make a cookbook: "Goonrathi presents: in 80 dishes round the 'verse" (or provide a template that the recipe providers can use and then just add them all into a book)
Of course the dishes need 'versified names.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure the one he wears is specifically a prop from the Wing Commander movie. If that makes it any better (it doesn't).

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Yyyyyyyuuck.

yeah, i made a photoshop patch for some of the whiteknight cult photoshops i did today

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Amun Khonsu posted:

yeah, i made a photoshop patch for some of the whiteknight cult photoshops i did today

:golfclap:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

Wow what a terrible opinion god drat opinion.

Instead of that bad opinion, have this most excellent sauce, shamelessly ripped off from Serious Eats, because it's holy gently caress amazingly delicious and works on everything. Chicken, french fries, bread, who the gently caress cares it's great.

3 whole jalapeño chilies, roughly chopped (If you leave in the seeds it's hotter, if you're a wimpy and hate flavor remove the seeds and ribs)
1 tablespoon aji amarillo pepper paste (Or just more peppers, like a Serrano maybe)
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 medium cloves garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh juice from 1 lime
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Dump everything but the olive oil in your blender.
Turn it on, and after you scrape stuff down the sides a few times so its starting to get smooth, drizzle the olive oil in slowly.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

I like to up the vinegar and lime juice a little bit, but I fuckin love acidity/tart flavors.
e:

Regular mayo does have olive oil in it though, I don't get it? It's egg yolk, olive oil, and a few seasonings (lemon juice, some mustard).

e2: OK I guess you could make it with vegetable or canola oil too.

Seconding this, this green sauce is loving amazing and goes with nearly anything. I'm yet to find aji amarillo but even without this the sauce is off the chain. The Peruvian chicken from the same recipe card is also the best chicken I've ever made.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Octopode posted:

I'm pretty sure the one he wears is specifically a prop from the Wing Commander movie. If that makes it any better (it doesn't).

Welcome back Octopode, hope you got your refund!

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Banano posted:

Seconding this, this green sauce is loving amazing and goes with nearly anything. I'm yet to find aji amarillo but even without this the sauce is off the chain. The Peruvian chicken from the same recipe card is also the best chicken I've ever made.

I'm trying this poo poo tonight.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Just want to say...

...the goons that jumped back on the food chat saved this thread.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Xaerael posted:

Welcome back Octopode, hope you got your refund!

I didn't, and will continue not to for reasons I've discussed previously, but thank you.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I think it's Latin for "this is expensive".

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

AP posted:

Give $1000, get a gold card. Noblesse Nerdesse Oblige.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

AP posted:

"faithful until we pass away"

Given the lack of food, that might be sooner than they expect.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

When in doubt, sell more poo poo.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Dante80 posted:

Does someone have the total number of companies that CR has made for this game? I think the last count was 7 or sth like that, excluding out-sourcing etc.

A list would be dandy.

- Foundry 42 Limited, UK
- Foundry 42 Germany
- Cloud Imperium Games Limited, UK
- Cloud Imperium Games, LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, Texas
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas, LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Roberts Space Industries Limited, UK
- Roberts Space Industries Corp., West Hollywood, CA

Also people have been recieving refunds from
- Twin Bros. GMBH

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Meet Star Citizen's big-spending evangelists - inside CitizenCon 2015

quote:

One of those upraised arms belongs, I’m sure, to Dawn. An artist and disciple of Chris Roberts since Wing Commander II, she and her partner have together spent over $4,000 on Star Citizen: “So I’d say we're definitely backers”.

“I didn't look back, especially with Chris Roberts as the helm,” she’d told me earlier in the queue that snaked around the outside of Manchester Airport’s Runway Visitor Park. “We’ve really, really taken to heart what Chris does as a person. I think he’s invested into a very big idea, and I think that idea is coming to fruition. I love to see someone from the start get their dream off the ground and become so famous. It’s such a success.”

quote:

Jerome is more than happy to join Star Citizen’s unofficial street team. After all, he says, the $92 million raised to date isn’t enough. He thinks that Cloud Imperium are reliant on their backers to bring new supporters into the fold so that the game can be finished.

“Star Citizen will need more money for the final release, this is obvious,” he expands. “With the scope they’ve set for themselves, what they can and want to achieve, I think it’s worth it to tell people, ‘Come on, if you’re interested in space games go ahead, even if you could make a small donation’.”

quote:

“For me it’s the start of a new PC golden age again,” explains one INN member of his motivations. “We need a proper PC game and this is going to be it. It’s the game where we’re finally going to be able to see an entire universe through our eyes, look out into space and go, ‘See that big ship? I want to go in it’. And can.”

quote:

The sentiment is echoed all around CitizenCon, where delays are seen as less annoyance, more confirmation that Roberts is committed to an uncompromised vision.

“I want a game that's actually like the original promise,” says Michael. “I’m not annoyed or sad if Star Citizen is delayed in the future because I know if it's coming out it's going to be a great game.”

quote:

And not all are evangelists. Clothed in a custom admiral’s outfit, coat-maker Jimbo speaks with genuine fondness of some of the expensive ships he’s invested in. Yet he’s not here to network or campaign. He’s here because he’s looking forward to Wing Commander-ish space game that’s “hopefully not a cash grab”.

“I’m just playing the updates,” he says. “It’s one of those things where I think I’ve played my part. I know it’s coming and I’m just gonna sort of sit back and do whatever until it arrives.”

It's such a success! See you in the 'verse... y'know, if it's coming out.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

"Keep this in your wallet and there's no need to keep a condom in there."

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Keep soaking those whales for every penny.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Nicholas posted:

- Foundry 42 Limited, UK
- Foundry 42 Germany

- Twin Bros. GMBH

Thanks for that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ledenko posted:

"Borrowing, wife departs".

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Toad In The Hole + Onion Gravy

100g plain flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
300ml milk
2 to 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
6 pork sausages

Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a batter by stirring in the eggs, and making a smooth paste with a little of the milk. Next, beat in the rest of the milk until the mixture resembles unwhipped double cream. At this point leave it to stand for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour.

Work the flour through a sieve into a mixing bowl then add the eggs + enough milk to make a smooth paste. Then add the rest of the milk until it thickens. Then leave to stand for half an hour or so.

Heat the oven to ~220 C. While the oven heats take a largish roasting tin / glass dish then grease the bottom with either lard or oil. Then heat the tin in the oven until the lard / oil starts to smoke a little.

When the tin is heated cut the sausages in half and arrange in the bottom. Bake the sausages in the oven for about five minutes then add the batter and cook for another 15-20 minutes. Check if it's cooked and if not leave it a bit longer, you can tell it's ready because the batter should be crisp/golden and will have risen.

For the onion gravy you'll need:

1 knob butter (20 g or so)
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
400ml hot chicken stock (usually I just use an oxo cube)

Melt the butter in a shallow pan then add the onion + garlic and simmer until it goes golden/soft, stir regularly otherwise it'll burn. If it starts to go a bit thick/dry then add some water.

Once its golden put a lid on the pan and cook for another 10 minutes on a low heat. The onions should be a brown color but not burnt, if they're burnt you done hosed up.

Stir in the flour and cook for another couple minutes then add the stock. It should take another 15 minutes or so to reduce down, when it starts to go thick/sticky it's ready.

You can also add red wine or balsamic if you want. If you add some wine the do it before you add the stock and increase the cooking time by another 5 minutes or so to cook off the alcohol.

Should look something like this

Io_ fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 20, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Dante80 posted:

Thanks for that.

I'm not sure which, if any, of those listed are their MO-CAP studio

And here is a (not completely verified) list of their 3rd party studios

- Behaviour Interactive
- CGBot
- Conley Swofford Media
- Crytek
- IllFonic
- Incan Monkey God Studios
- Massive Black
- Turbulent

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Developer_team

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I'd have gone with "crede quod habes, et habes"

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Oh also add to that list

- Cloud Imperium Services, LLC, Santa Monica, CA,
- Cloud Imperium Services, LLC, Austin, TX 78701

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

- Foundry 42 Limited, UK
- Foundry 42 Germany

- Twin Bros. GMBH

Twin Bros is Ortwin's older company.

From our research, what we've been trying to figure out is why this company - completely un-associated with this project - is issuing refunds to people who paid money to another company.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ledenko posted:

Given the lack of food, that might be sooner than they expect.

I think it could also technically mean 'faithful til we abandon' or 'faithful til we leave', actually.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

From our research, what we've been trying to figure out is why this company - completely un-associated with this project - is issuing refunds to people who paid money to another company.

Nationality probably.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I reviewed my PayPal statements from the start of this sleigh ride in 2013. Ortwin is listed as the administrator/contact name of the PayPal account.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I reviewed my PayPal statements from the start of this sleigh ride in 2013. Ortwin is listed as the administrator/contact name of the PayPal account.

Ortwin directly? Not Twin Bros?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure if it's better to get a refund or hold out for the inevitable class action lawsuit

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

Nationality probably.

Unlikely. They have Foundry 42 in Germany they could use for that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kordansk posted:

It's almost like they have the ability to automate these things with scripts about when to start and stop sales.

They do. Conveniently "forgetting" to end it is because is just an attempt to continue selling it due to it not reaching their sales forecast.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Baba Ganoush posted:

I'm not sure if it's better to get a refund or hold out for the inevitable class action lawsuit

Get A Refund Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Nicholas posted:

I'm not sure which, if any, of those listed are their MO-CAP studio

And here is a (not completely verified) list of their 3rd party studios

- Behaviour Interactive
- CGBot
- Conley Swofford Media
- Crytek
- IllFonic
- Incan Monkey God Studios
- Massive Black
- Turbulent

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Developer_team

How about Moon Collider, the ones that have the Kythera AI?

• Locked thread