Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BlackJesus posted:

Well congrats, you may have yourself a win over a some guy with a GED that pulls security at Wall-Mart at night. I guess that's how you have to finance your living expanses these days? Cant be from LOD or your previous "hits" and certainly cant be from all the poo poo you throw around while under the protection of your internet connection. Word-warrior. loving word-ninja even.

Paps said you are running on thin ice btw.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

KillHour posted:

Screw you guys. I have my own unfinished video game I'm supposed to be working on, and instead I'm sitting here reading about this one.

This has been the best unfinished video game I've never played.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I always loved this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjj4e1VRfc

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

TBH, so what if all that effort ultimately didn't go towards an actual game? I really REALLY liked the art and the vids for themselves, regardless of purpose. My favorite featuring that work is still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVaPhXg17BM

The propaganda films were so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhjG43Ckiw

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Klyith posted:

You'd need to dig up the old GBS StarCitizen thread from that time to see the shitposting and mockery

Though I guess that didn't really get into full swing until the delays and airhorn quality pax demo in early 2014

This was a good one. Love that first page lol, nice going Agrajag
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=36110017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TBH I would not be surprised in the least if the current cultists come up with something disturbingly similar in theme, though obviously unironic and nowhere near as stylish, to rope other suckers into this.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This is still one of my favorite things to come out of Star Citizen. It's still goons taking the piss (as they say across the pond) out of Chris Roberts hero worship even back when they were pretty sure the game was going to come out.

Also Beer was always the best poster

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I hate the word 'Verse more than anything else. This isn't loving Serenity, come up with your own fracking term.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

that loving ron paul bumper sticker on the ship lol

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Klyith posted:

whooooo cares this is laugh at CIG thread, not the definitively prove corporate mismanagement with corroborated on the record video testimony thread

in a world of hearsay and libel, the last best hope for news reporters everywhere is an aging comedy forum

this summer, it’s about ethics in gaming journalism

truly, it is

Something Awful

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

More apt than ever.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BlackJesus posted:

Well congrats, you may have yourself a win over a some guy with a GED that pulls security at Wall-Mart at night. I guess that's how you have to finance your living expanses these days? Cant be from LOD or your previous "hits" and certainly cant be from all the poo poo you throw around while under the protection of your internet connection. Word-warrior. loving word-ninja even.

Paps said you are running on thin ice btw.

Are you the crazy guy who was suggesting Smart was going to be murdered by middle america?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

OriginalPseudonym posted:

in a world of hearsay and libel, the last best hope for news reporters everywhere is an aging comedy forum

this summer, it’s about ethics in gaming journalism

truly, it is

Something Awful

Rob Schneider as Derek Smart.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
remember when there was an FPS module?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Can't say that I do. I remember when there was an FPS module that was two weeks away though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

D1E posted:

Uh, if she actually denied employment to candidates on the basis of their skin color, age, or whether or not they possessed pubic hair, the government might give a poo poo.

Pubes are not a protected class.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sappo569 posted:

Re: CIG going to the movies

"Please sell us more things, even if they are things we can already buy! :a2m:
CIG should fund another year of stalling by whoring out the developers to go to the movies with backers for extra pay.
People will be paying effectively for the team not working but they won't notice.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
I am not a fan of the way Chris Roberts pronounces "aegis".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its all part of the baby pu now

everything is baby pu

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Torpor posted:

I am not a fan of the way Chris Roberts pronounces "aegis".

This is one of the words I see everyone mispronounce. Much like the GIF format.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

joats posted:

This is one of the words I see everyone mispronounce. Much like the GIF format.

You better be on the hard g crowd. If your saying it like Jif, then, well, your wrong.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like to find out what everybody else pronounces gif as, then do the opposite.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

grimcreaper posted:

You better be on the hard g crowd. If your saying it like Jif, then, well, your wrong.

Truth right here, unless of course you pronounce the word "graphics" as "jirafics."

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

grimcreaper posted:

Now we are at war.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
We'll remember you
You poor souls
You poor slaves
They're building a game on your broken backs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3b3VKt0bqw&t=183s

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Roadbeer posted:

I have my own theory on why he knows so much about Gizmondo.

One of the founders of TIGER (Gizmondo) was from Jacksonville, FL. DS is in FL.

There's still $500mil missing in that whole scam and he claims he has $200mil in the bank.

Where was Derek in 2005/2006?

Derek sounds a lot like Dietrich, don't you think?

Maybe I should write a twitlonger on the topic before he posts his blog.

(This theory brought to you by years of being an truck driver and listening to a lot of Art Bell)

(SC thoughts on Derek Smart's next blog)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

joats posted:

(SC thoughts on Derek Smart's next blog)

:eyepop:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

grimcreaper posted:

the inventor of the format says it's jif but all that means is that the guy doesn't understand the pronunciation rules of modern english. Name it dot jiff if you want it to be jiffy.

Aegis is mispronounced relative to the original (ee-jis) because we've lost the ᴁ ligature and had two major pronunciation shifts of common usage since the word was first transliterated from greek.

aegis had a long e like the ae in archaeology
but since then ae became a short a like in aesthetics or a long a like in aeronautics

These days an unfamiliar word with an ᴁ will often be pronounced as spelled, with a long a, and being "correct" isn't a help when people think you're dumb for saying eejis.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joats posted:

(This theory brought to you by years of being an truck driver and listening to a lot of Art Bell)

His ramblings about Benghazi is even funnier now.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
Im watching this video of Croberts under the concord and it just makes me want to cry; like he seems to genuinly want this poo poo to go but it just seems so ambitious. LIke sure he can do it all, and check the boxes for the funding levels; but make it actually all really work together and be fun? um...

I mean jesus loving christ; the mocap and all that is nice but that isn't a game.

Edit: Chris Roberts reminds me of Jeffrey Skilling. interestingly enough.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 24, 2015

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Chris Roberts always has the most clueless chucklefuck expression, is that because he's coked up so bad he has no idea what he's doing or just that he has no idea what he's doing?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Can anyone list the the features the cultists have wanted in the game but someone in an official capacity replied that wouldn't be possible? I'm not talking about the really ridiculous poo poo like trucking dead space sex slaves that was ignored, I want to know when at any point someone at CIG replied with "no, we can't do that" as opposed to "that's a great idea, we'll implement that".

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Owns

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

skaboomizzy posted:

Can anyone list the the features the cultists have wanted in the game but someone in an official capacity replied that wouldn't be possible? I'm not talking about the really ridiculous poo poo like trucking dead space sex slaves that was ignored, I want to know when at any point someone at CIG replied with "no, we can't do that" as opposed to "that's a great idea, we'll implement that".

Let me find a link, but the SC community did want prostitute AI and Developer body scans for NPC models in the game.

(Not together of course)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

joats posted:

Let me find a link, but the SC community did want prostitute AI and Developer body scans for NPC models in the game.

(Not together of course)

Yeah, I know the player community is nuts, but I'm more interested in if there's anything the devs said ":lol: nope" to or if they just green-lit everything they thought would make them money (no matter how impractical) and ignored everything they couldn't do.

ETA: I just want a feel for how much they fed the "all things to all gamers" mania.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 24, 2015

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Devian666 the prophet

In another 2 years this burning train wreck will be over.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

skaboomizzy posted:

ETA: I just want a feel for how much they fed the "all things to all gamers" mania.

at this point they have hundreds of hours of video content that mostly consists of all things to all gamers promises so you could say they had a hand in the hype

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

This is so loving good. That Ron Paul sticker. :vince:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Good morning, citizens. I gather nothing of interest is happening, as people post cool old vids?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Good morning, citizens. I gather nothing of interest is happening, as people post cool old vids?

No only people getting angry in the live stream. They were really pissed off that we didn't sing the praises of CRoberts and catch his load in our mouths. They are desperately hoping there's no issue and they don't want an audit carried out in case everything falls apart. It's irrational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear CIG staffer assigned to reading this thread,

Since your recent event to talk about your game failed to contain any gameplay or discussion of that gameplay I want to help.

For an example of how to host a convention and give actual information about your game and changes coming to it, please refer to this clip from CCP's EVE Vegas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8K9b7CEWOE

Hope this helps.

• Locked thread