Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Even if I don't agree with someone's methods or personality, I don't like seeing someone develop a mental illness or an extremely unhealthy obsession over something.

Why do you hate things that make laffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

Even if I don't agree with someones methods or personality, I don't like seeing someone develop a mental illness or an extremely unhealthy obsession over something.

Well I think one of us is in the wrong thread.
Joking aside, people have been getting refunds since Derek Smart got involved, if nothing else good comes out of it, that's enough for me. This isn't a normal type of $60 scam, we'll piss the game development money up against a wall and deliver crap :pgi:
Some people are going to be really burnt by how much they spent on Star Citizen even if it reaches release and is a decent game.

I think it's telling that the leaders of the anti Derek Smart reddit are closely tied to CIG, Imperial News Network is totally uncritical of CIG with no delivery date, piles of broken promises and allegations of misuse of funds.
Wulf Knight admits to being off work, spending $25k+, buys CIG pizza on a live stream and gets interviewed. Without working there you can't know something is dodgy for sure but it's all a bit weird and reminds me of bitcoin hence my request for the suicide stuff in the OP. I enjoy laughing at it but people really will be damaged if this all goes tits up.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why does reddit have such a fucken hardon for archiving the internet? Is it because they themselves post in a shitbox where the mods remove anything they don't like as soon as they can?

"Don't give those people a page view" is a pretty common passive aggressive tactic by :reddit:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

Dsmart has already said that he's semi-retired, with cash and time to burn. I think he legit gets pissed off about being harassed online and poo poo, but I think it's also kind of a hobby for him. Business and pleasure mixed together, as it were.

I agree, but some people really don't know when to shut the gently caress up, and the anonymity of the internet sometimes creates a false sense of invincibility.

The fact is if I don't do something and put a stop to this, they will continue to do it to someone else who doesn't have the resources or the ability to fight back. That's precisely how these things work. And according to my attorneys, a LOT of people are either sitting in jail, facing jail term or financially ruined as a result of them saying stupid poo poo online. And it only came to this because the law finally caught up to the Internet. And make no mistake, the focus here is not defamation at all, though that's just one of many underlying themes in this discourse.

Key here is that this is happening over the Star Citizen fiasco. In fact, we ran a time analysis and all this started after my first July blog and has gotten progressively worse. Why? Because I didn't do anything about it as I have been focused specifically on going after RSI/CIG for accountability. Right up to the point where Chris wrote a malicious (e.g. accusing me of being part of a hate group) diatribe, thus waltzing him, the officers and the companies into a multi-million dollar lawsuit he has zero chance of winning, given what he's written.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait I thought r/KIA was a GamerGater subreddit and that only Derek was involved in GamerGate because Christ Roberts said so? Why is Dolvak engaging in the community for a hategroup?

OhDearGodNo posted:

It's almost funny because it show just how blind these people are. They have been digging into Smart's history, wife, and business as well as his finances. They have been archiving all of his online activity over the past decade, and they've created a community dedicated to stalking him. And yet when they are called out by name they try to play an innocent victim.

No no, see Derek posted that info at some point and time somewhere and so that totally justifies people looking up that info and sharing it. However, you're not allowed to do that to Dolvak, Ilovecreamsoda, or Wulf because they didn't want that info shared with Derek in any capacity when they posted it on public platforms such as Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
A little summary for those just joining us

quote:

Stages of the con
In Confessions of a Confidence Man, Edward H. Smith lists the "six definite steps or stages of growth in every finely balanced and well-conceived confidence game." "One follows the other with absolute precision. In some games one or more of these acts, to use a theatrical comparison, may be dropped out, but where that happens the game is not a model one. The reference to the stage is apt, for the fine con game has its introduction, development, climax, dénouement and close, just like any good play. And this is not the only analogy to the drama, for the scenes are often as carefully set; the background is always a vital factor. In the colorful and mirthful language of the bunko man, all these parts of the game have their special names. I give them with their definitions:

Foundation Work
The preparations, which are made before the scheme is put in motion, including the elaboration of the plan, the employment of assistants, and so forth.
Approach
The manner of getting in touch with the victim—often most elaborately and carefully prepared.
Build-up
Rousing and sustaining the interest of the victim, introducing the scheme to him, rousing his greed, showing him the chance of profit, and filling him with so much anticipation and cupidity that his judgment is warped and his caution thrown away.
Pay-off or Convincer
An actual or apparent paying of money by the conspirators to convince the victim and settle doubts by a cash demonstration. In the old banco game, the initial small bets which the victim was allowed to win were the pay-off. In stock swindles, the fake dividends sent to stockholders to encourage larger investments are the pay-off.
The Hurrah
This is like the dénouement in a play, and no con scheme is complete without it. It is a sudden crisis or unexpected development by which the mark is pushed over the last doubt or obstacle and forced to act. Once the hurrah is sprung, either the scammer has total control, or the con fails.
The In-and-In ~you are here~
This is the point in a con game where the conspirator puts some of his money into the deal with that of the victim; first, to remove the last doubt that may tarry in the gull’s mind, and, second, to put the con man in control of the situation after the deal is completed, thus forestalling a squeal. Often, the whole game is built up around this feature, and just as often, it does not figure at all.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
Rousing and sustaining the interest of the victim, introducing the scheme to him, rousing his greed, showing him the chance of profit, and filling him with so much anticipation and cupidity that his judgment is warped and his caution thrown away. Helmet. Helmet. Helmet.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Croberts, make the jpegs. This is a lawyer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Don't give those people a page view" is a pretty common passive aggressive tactic by :reddit:

I could understand that if it were a stupid clickbait thing they were making fun of or something, but I wouldn't bet Lowtax is losing much sleep over the redditards not coming here

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I could understand that if it were a stupid clickbait thing they were making fun of or something, but I wouldn't bet Lowtax is losing much sleep over the redditards not coming here

Any money he loses out on by reddtors not buying accounts is counterbalanced by seraph continuing to be seraph.

ether
May 20, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

No no, see Derek posted that info at some point and time somewhere and so that totally justifies people looking up that info and sharing it. However, you're not allowed to do that to Dolvak, Ilovecreamsoda, or Wulf because they didn't want that info shared with Derek in any capacity when they posted it on public platforms such as Reddit, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.

A million time this. I really can't see how cognative dissonance of this magnatude is even possible.

(also, the looking-up is in reaction to dumb poo poo, don't poke the bear if you don't want to be mauled)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Did a Shitizen really say that we don't need dark races in the game because the Van'dul are dark skinned?

Someone needs to make a Van'dul Stole My Bike parody...

Seriously what the poo poo?

Also, Derek keeps delivering justice and schnadenfraude.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Well I think one of us is in the wrong thread.
Joking aside, people have been getting refunds since Derek Smart got involved, if nothing else good comes out of it, that's enough for me. This isn't a normal type of $60 scam, we'll piss the game development money up against a wall and deliver crap :pgi:
Some people are going to be really burnt by how much they spent on Star Citizen even if it reaches release and is a decent game.

I think it's telling that the leaders of the anti Derek Smart reddit are closely tied to CIG, Imperial News Network is totally uncritical of CIG with no delivery date, piles of broken promises and allegations of misuse of funds.
Wulf Knight admits to being off work, spending $25k+, buys CIG pizza on a live stream and gets interviewed. Without working there you can't know something is dodgy for sure but it's all a bit weird and reminds me of bitcoin hence my request for the suicide stuff in the OP. I enjoy laughing at it but people really will be damaged if this all goes tits up.

I agree with you. It was pretty funny initially. However, a whole heap of people need professional help which is becoming more and more apparent with each passing day in this thread. This will only skyrocket if/when CIG goes under. Bums me out a bit. Hopefully someone took that suicide hotline image to heart.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

Any money he loses out on by reddtors not buying accounts is counterbalanced by seraph continuing to be seraph.

He'd e make thousands if he set the forums private though. Because r/starcitizen is obsessively F5ing this thread. Every time someone says Fart Shitizen or posts Gary Oldman has to be logged and analyzed.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

This thread never fails.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hey reddit, archive this:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

obviously photoshopped :rolleyes:

Tikal
Nov 14, 2008

"The Wulge"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
WolfyBigEars for BettysBigTits Mk2

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Hey reddit, archive this:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Ok, what is the source behind the iphone pic?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

joats posted:

It's from Derek's article: http://dereksmart3000ad.tumblr.com/post/130555592609/the-star-citizen-conspiracy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

joats posted:

If you You need the platinum upgrade in order to read this text you can just about make it out

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
DickWulge

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Renegret posted:

obviously photoshopped :rolleyes:

To be honest there are many fake text generators out there so you should only take this for entertainment value.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's real. I'm not dumb enough to photoshop something like that, then post it public, knowing that I was already a target of harassment and people will look for any reason to vilify me.

The events happened.

RSI/CIG people knew about it.

We have the emails.

We have the RSI forum caps.

We have the statements of the wife (that Wulf Knight sent the texts and pic to) and her husband

All parties are going to get subpoenas over it. The first person to lie under oath, either goes to jail or get's court sanctioned

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 25, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Go ahead dumb-rear end keep talking. NOW you've admitted to EVERYTHING you posted. Nice work. I hope you know how declaratory judgments work. You'll be seeing one up close soon enough.

quote:

Really I think it's just sad. I was mad when I said all those things but I still stand by them. In reality I just want the fucker to leave us alone.

Screen capped.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

D_Smart posted:

It's real. I'm not dumb enough to photoshop something like that, then post it public, knowing that I was already a target of harassment and people will look for any reason to vilify me.

The events happened.

RSI/CIG people knew about it.

We have the emails.

We have the RSI forum caps.

We the statements of the wife (that Wulf Knight sent the texts and pic to) and her husband

All parties are going to get subpoenas over it. The first person to lie under oath, either goes to jail or get's court sanctioned

I'm not going to believe it until I see wulf dick pic.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Even if they ever did release a game, it could never be as entertaining as the drama.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

joats posted:

It's in the past 400 pages of this thread.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

OWLS! posted:

It's in the past 400 pages of this thread.

I hate being late to the party.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

joats posted:

this has been out there for months: http://i.imgur.com/EfEqom8.png

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when the goldmine SA thread got linked here where the permabanned goon scraped all the gunk off his disgusting keyboard, showed off his dick, then mixed the gunk with his cum and ate it?

yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i like how tiny they were able to make the censor square

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

D_Smart posted:

Go ahead dumb-rear end keep talking.

:lol::lol::lol:

loving unbelievable. If they wanted to be "left alone" maybe they should consider deleting their stupid sub forum explicitly dedicated to their target by name.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like how someone gave him reddit gold for that post

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Eonwe posted:

also i like how tiny they were able to make the censor square

Someone said he sent it with the square over it already. What is the truth???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I like how someone gave him reddit gold for that post

What is reddit gold?

• Locked thread