Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender

the dad farm posted:

whats the password to get onto bearpit?

lljk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I've been playing on the server that was posted in PGS. Got a little crapshack going on there with a few friends.
We tried to kill a boar but we got wrecked and had to hide in the starter town.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

thanks!

e: you start with everything but an axe :(

the dad farm fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 8, 2015

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender

the dad farm posted:

thanks!

e: you start with everything but an axe :(

You have an axe but it starts equipped as a weapon. If you open the character window you can access/unequip it.

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

i'd definitely be playing this but theres some weird bug with windows 10 and intel (laptop) integrated graphics that make the terrain look all hosed up as soon as you start moving :(

tried almost everything to fix it

Orty
May 14, 2007

Hopped onto Wyvern just to check it out, walked around for a long while and stumbled upon a sea of bears. Hard to see due to terrible Wurm lighting but there was about 20+ bears floating around in the water, with many more on the land roaming about.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

If anyone wants to come and join me at my pubbie deed then send me a tell in game, same name as here and I will come and get you.

This is the rendered map of the Wyvern pve server. I think it looks awesome. I´m living in Port Mistfold on the eastern coast.
http://wyverngame.com/mapviewer/

Jacada fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 8, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I've just started a character on Wyvern, as well. I'm just trying to get my skills up for now until the call goes out to form a goon village.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
No-one gonna join on Primordial?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Croccers posted:

No-one gonna join on Primordial?

I think due to the higher population, the chance at shenanigans is higher on Wyvern.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Yep wyvern is the place to be if you want to bug people. It is nice to have people milling about their business. I got teleported to an island in the south west , now I am living out my LOST fantasies minus obese whimsical characters and hatches.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

simosimo posted:

Yep wyvern is the place to be if you want to bug people. It is nice to have people milling about their business. I got teleported to an island in the south west , now I am living out my LOST fantasies minus obese whimsical characters and hatches.

Add me on Steam if you want, same username as here.

Nachobeggar
May 21, 2007
I've started on Wyvern as well. And I actually rolled a useful affinity to start out (tailoring)! I'll likely stick around the starter area until my noob timer runs out since you get free food, water and 50%nutrition.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Nachobeggar posted:

I've started on Wyvern as well. And I actually rolled a useful affinity to start out (tailoring)! I'll likely stick around the starter area until my noob timer runs out since you get free food, water and 50%nutrition.

Well hit me up on Steam when you want to come to us and I'll get you invited. We are currently in the process of taking over a pubbie village.

Nachobeggar
May 21, 2007
Sent you a request on Steam. I changed my name on steam to Nachobeggar, but the invite might still be from Whattehduck. Also, I'm currently camped in Highgate.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Nachobeggar posted:

Sent you a request on Steam. I changed my name on steam to Nachobeggar, but the invite might still be from Whattehduck. Also, I'm currently camped in Highgate.

Alright I accepted you, I´m online for the next couple of hours if you want an invite to the village.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Haha, looks like the Facepunchers have started up a village on Wyvern too and are causing lots of trouble: http://forum.wyverngame.com/index.php?topic=113.0

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Haha, looks like the Facepunchers have started up a village on Wyvern too and are causing lots of trouble: http://forum.wyverngame.com/index.php?topic=113.0

I want to fill in the main water channel to the big city with the merchants. I'm pretty sure people will be a little bit more than unhappy when they realise they can no longer sail their merchant ships to the capital.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Things are getting pretty interesting on the Wyvern PvE server, we're planning to launch a coup to take over a pubbie village we've infiltrated. We need another 2-4 people to drop by and ask for a remote invite and teleport to our village so we can vote out the completely incompetent pubbie mayor. Send a private message to me (Gmjohnnyrascal) or Jacada in-game with the chat command /t <username> <message>, or you can add us on Steam and arrange an invite through there. Also here's a quick screenshot tour of my Wyvern misadventures so far:

My first sight upon logging in. You spawn a little northeast of the center of the PvE server. I was told that the PvP server was located to the east, and that the coastline was a dangerous 30-minute trip.

I immediately sprinted off to the east across the dangerous countryside. The terrain on the Wyvern maps is pretty brutal - lots of large seas and steep, unwalkable hillsides.

There's a lot of pubbies with established villages already all over the server. I passed through this cute little hamlet shortly after spawning in. Some of the townsfolk were having a riveting conversation about the use of dead horses as siege ammunition.

Well bless my lucky stars, I found a wild horse while hiking through the woods! I couldn't actually ride it yet - that requires 21 body control which would normally take a weekend of grinding to reach. Shortly after taking this picture I blundered into a wolf which chased me into a hellhound which chased me into a ditch. Facing imminent death I dropped my newbie tent (always keep your newbie tent with you, and don't use it as a loving bandage) and hitched my horse to it. Several hours and several drinks later I logged back in and respawned at my tent long after the hellhound wandered away and completed my journey to the coast.

This is what my screen usually looked like for a while after reaching the coast. I squatted in an iron mine built by pubbies and broke rocks to increase my body strength and soul strength characteristics - you need 21 body strength to bash down walls and fences and you need 20.5 of both to attack friendly players on the PvP server. After that I forged myself some crude tools, weapons, and armor, then I met another pubbie who wanted to travel to the PvP server and we divided our labor so that I'd make the war gear and he'd make the rowboat to travel across the server boundary. I also traded the horse for a mooring rope at a nearby village - you need one to build a rowboat. I probably got ripped off but you can't bring animals over a server boundary so whatever.

The pubbie built the rowboat in record time and without needing me to supply any materials. Pretty impressive, but then he disappeared for a long time after that so I just jacked his boat and took off after doing some archery and fighting practice. The rainbow overhead smiled good fortune upon my endeavors.

It didn't take too long to find victims after reaching the PvP server. This guy hid in his house when I appeared in his local tab, and to my disappointment I was not allowed to bash it down, even after converting to a different kingdom later. So I pillaged all his cotton fields instead. I gotta try breaking in again later with a catapult, or I could probably just pick the lock of the front door now that I can make lockpicks.

All that cotton came in handy for healing my wounds after murdering every single goddamn horse on the steppes nearby. Once you reach like 8 fighting on a practice doll you can horsemurder your way to 20-30 fighting pretty fast and safely with minimal equipment.

If I wasn't wiping out entire herds of potentially valuable livestock or stalking the losers in the pubbie house nearby I was crafting better weapons and armor in the secret mine forge nearby. You can place a camouflaged stone door over a mine entrance and most people won't recognize it unless it's in a conspicuous location, like at the end of a road. Later I ran into a major pubbie PvP town and I joined them briefly before realizing they were a bunch of tryhards and also that the PvP server is mostly deserted. Eventually there might be some interesting fights going on there but right now I don't think I've seen more than 30 people online at once, compared to the 200+ players that I regularly see on the PvE server.

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 12, 2015

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Our pubbie friends are increasingly nervous about our presence in the village. They seem to be rather paranoid.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Hahaha, our ruse got found out and the pubbies have kicked us from the village. I've been trying to lay low so I'm not sure if I'm kicked yet but I will be pretty soon. Lager and Orty, ya'll are under suspicious but probably aren't marked KOS yet, so run to the shore ASAP if you can and we'll pick you up later once we make a makeshift boat. Luckily Spyde and I were able to sneak all our goods out of the village, also we managed to scam the pubbie mayor out of a few silver coins that we can use to make a village deed later. Jacada should do a writeup later of all the drama that went down, it was pretty hilarious while it lasted

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 14, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Hahaha, our ruse got found out and the pubbies have kicked us from the village. I've been trying to lay low so I'm not sure if I'm kicked yet but I will be pretty soon. Lager and Orty, ya'll are under suspicious but probably aren't marked KOS yet, so run to the shore ASAP if you can and we'll pick you up later once we make a makeshift boat. Luckily Spyde and I were able to sneak all our goods out of the village, also we managed to scam the pubbie mayor out of a few silver coins that we can use to make a village deed later. Jacada should do a writeup later of all the drama that went down, it was pretty hilarious while it lasted

Aw hell. Well I logged on and there was only one guy on, didn't harass me at all. I ran away from range of the village but I'm now kind of stuck on the shore. There's a shark in the water waiting to gently caress me, and a hellhound just down the beach from me who is waiting to do the same. I've pitched my tent and logged off, hopefully they'll piss off after a bit. Let me know once you can send a boat.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Lager posted:

Aw hell. Well I logged on and there was only one guy on, didn't harass me at all. I ran away from range of the village but I'm now kind of stuck on the shore. There's a shark in the water waiting to gently caress me, and a hellhound just down the beach from me who is waiting to do the same. I've pitched my tent and logged off, hopefully they'll piss off after a bit. Let me know once you can send a boat.

We're ready to sail anytime now, send me a message on steam if I'm not in-game

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

http://forum.wyverngame.com/index.php?topic=150.0

People are posting about me/us now apparently.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Don't bury the lede like that, their thread is titled "Topic: Port Mistfold - Left in Shambles". Oh yeah also we made off with one of their nearly finished boats today, also left some dead seals on their front porch because the pubbie mayor had a dumb rule prohibiting the killing of seals

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I've developed another horrendously cheaty mod:

NoDecay. Does just what it says on the tin with a few exceptions. Charcoal piles must decay to create charcoal, corpses are left to decay normally so as not to clutter things, wine is left to decay because it is improved with decay, eggs must decay to hatch, and source springs and source fountains must be able to decay to refill.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

quote:

[12:48:46] <Unclejames> wtf wtf wtf
[12:48:51] <Unclejames> why are you killing my horse you idiot stop it
[12:49:13] <Unclejames> why did you do that, why have you murdered my horse omg wtf
[12:49:47] <Jacada> i need meat
[12:49:49] <Unclejames> okay great give me a horse
[12:49:55] <Unclejames> that's not an excuse
[12:49:59] <Unclejames> you just killed my horse
[12:50:03] <Unclejames> pay me back or give me another horse
[12:50:15] <Jacada> you can have a piece of its delicious tender meat
[12:50:24] <Unclejames> you understand that's griefing right?
[12:50:35] <Jacada> no its not
[12:50:38] <Unclejames> yes, it is
[12:50:38] <Jacada> its a genuine mistake
[12:50:41] <Jacada> ive apologised
[12:50:47] <Unclejames> i don't care, time to make up for it
[12:50:50] <Jacada> i asked for food
[12:50:59] <Unclejames> loving forage then
[12:51:00] <Jacada> no one had any, and there i saw a delicious horse
[12:51:02] <Unclejames> don't kill someone's horse
[12:51:13] <Unclejames> give me a horse or pay for it
[12:51:25] <Jacada> do i look like i have a horse to give you
[12:51:37] <Unclejames> that's why i'm angry
[12:51:46] <Jacada> not my fault you are angry
[12:51:59] <Unclejames> it absolutely is, you're breaking the rules of the server
[12:52:10] <Jacada> if you cant accept my apology and calm down thats your problem
[12:52:47] <Unclejames> Ignorance doesn't excuse
[12:53:04] <Unclejames> you could have just foraged
[12:53:42] <Unclejames> destroying someone else's propertyis absolutely against the rules
[12:53:46] <Jacada> well like i said
[12:53:54] <Jacada> im sorry i killed and ate your horse
[12:54:01] <Unclejames> i'm glad your sorry, now you get to pay for it
[12:54:04] <Jacada> but theres not much i can do
[12:54:08] <Unclejames> oh there is though
[12:54:13] <Jacada> it was nice meeting you bye!

and then I sailed off on my majestic rowing boat, HMS Butte.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You guys are a treat :allears:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
oh there is though

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Well things sure have been interesting on the Wyvern cluster lately, as mentioned earlier our plot to vote out the mayor of Port Mistfold was foiled, but we managed to bug out in time with all of our valuables and most of our equipment, and also some money that Jacada scammed from the mayor after pinning a minor theft (most likely by some random non-villager vagrant) on another village members and playing everyone off each other. Overall we roughly broke even, but the Port Mistfold mayor and his roommate were going into histrionics regardless and posting multiple threads all about it on the Wyvern forums and trying to get the GMs involved and blacklist us from other towns, with little to no success. Also apparently they can't keep track of which things we stole and which things were always ours in the first place, and which things were stolen by completely unrelated groups so it's kinda amusing to see them blame every single misfortune on us regardless of how trivial or relevant it is. After our hasty retreat we built one rowboat and stole another from Port Mistfold, and built a little shack to store our loot while we planned our next move. I met a helpful and laid-back pubbie at a nearby village alongside a trade canal, and we exchanged pleasantries and gifts. Later I broke into what I assume was a deserted homestead and found multiple gold veins and some half-decayed charcoal, which I used to make some platemail helmets for our goon posse. Recently we sailed over to the PvP server and made a caravan to a friendly player-made kingdom with all of our possessions. It's kinda neat how much this game is about hauling large amounts of really mundane stuff, like bricks and frying pans and stonecutting tools. And the logistics of it can get pretty tricky - we had to create horse-drawn carts upon landing on the shore of the PvP server, and then we waiting for an ally to bring us horses. We bearly made the overland trip to the player-made kingdom territory in one piece - the woods are very dangerous and we had a giant mob train behind us most of the way. Eventually we reached a lake near our destination and did an emergency bail-out into the water where most mobs can't chase before calling in our allies for more help with kiting out and killing each mob.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Hey Jacada the guard tower is done and you can found the village at any time, but check with our allies first just in case we need to defend against a hostile scouting party. Also need you to lock our loot shack, check the piles inside for a good door lock

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Hey Jacada the guard tower is done and you can found the village at any time, but check with our allies first just in case we need to defend against a hostile scouting party. Also need you to lock our loot shack, check the piles inside for a good door lock

Okay! I'll get on it ASAP.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Alright I've got the first draft for the fortress plan ready, I'll send it to everyone by PM soon. I'm finishing up a business trip so I'll mostly be unavailable for the next day or two but I'll be back on the weekend. I'm suprised by how fast we're blowing through the dirt slave portion of the fort construction, also we got another goon joining up soon once he manages to get to the east coast of the PvE server. Our allies were mentioning that it's possible to swim across the server border if you dump everything in your inventory and equipment although I think you need to log out for a while to regenerate your stamina halfway through if you run out. Once you cross the server border you can suicide onto land or request a village invite and teleport

Orty
May 14, 2007

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

the dirt slave

That's me I'm the dirt slave.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Orty posted:

That's me I'm the dirt slave.

Lord Dirt.

Orty
May 14, 2007

So Bear Pun Farm is nearly complete (just need to flesh out the interior and set up an area for animals). If anyone is thinking about joining us, you should! You too can don some heavy plate armor and till my fields as slave labor!

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I've started digging a ditch around the perimeter of the deed. I've not made a huge amount of progress but I started on the south side.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Wurm Unlimited: why did you do that, why have you murdered my horse

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Things are pretty chilled out here on the PvP server, there's 4 major factions right now which keeps the player count split enough that nobody can dominate the whole server like on the old Wurm Online PvP servers. It seems like everyone still feels inadequate about skills, equipment, and fortifications so there hasn't been any real attacks on villages - or maybe the people here are trying to avoid immediately scaring all the little guys away. Our allies did get in a skirmish with another kingdom today though - they lost their king but killed two of the main Mol-Rehan warriors and looted a bunch of really nice equipment. So they traded some e-peen for a modest material advantage I guess. Here's a quick summary of all the factions I'm aware of so far:

Mol-Rehan, "Tryhard megatown"
I joined this kingdom briefly while trying to do the bandit lyfe thing up in the north portion of the server. They're located in a very defensible position close to the white light and have a fairly large number of active players, and the leadership expects everyone to help out frequently. As a result they have excellent equipment and magic, and their fortifications are well developed, but they're kind of spergy and have a lot of experienced carebears from the old Wurm Online PvE servers that want to try some PvP combat but don't really know a lot about it. Mol-Rehan is traditionally the main elite public group and I expect they'll be our toughest opponent in the future. Right now they seem a lot like Kyara from the early days of old Wurm Online, but with fewer assholes.

The Memesters, "We don't care enough to come up with a good name"
A player-made kingdom based off the Horde of the Summoned template, and our allies. They're an elite public group like Mol-Rehan, but are more chilled out and have more regulars from the old Wurm Online PvP servers. Their equipment and magic is somewhat poor but they've heavily focused on combat skills and are very experienced.

Jenn-Kellon, "We'll take anyone with a pulse"
Traditionally the largest kingdom, Jenn-Kellon started out mostly non-existent but is gaining members at a fairly quick pace. I'm guessing that they're receiving most of the carebear players crossing over from the PvE server. They might put up some resistance later but I'm guessing they'll provide a lot of fun soft targets later on.

Facepunch, "Basically us from 5-8 years ago"
A player-made kingdom based off the Mol-Rehan template. Initially the largest kingdom, and settled very close to our allies. Their ranks were decimated by the Fallout 4 release, which is good because otherwise they'd be griefing everyone off the server. They make heavy use of macros and have good equipment, but their combat skills and organization are lacking.

Horde of the Summoned, *crickets*
The default blacklighter kingdom. I believe it's possible to automatically join this kingdom if you steal or team kill too much. Last I checked this group has less than 5 members, one of whom joined us recently. We'll probably absorb the rest of them eventually and conquer their guard towers for a territory boost but we're not pressing the issue. Horde of the Summoned is traditionally the undergroup group of experienced PvPers, but The Memesters are taking up that role here instead.

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Also here's a quick guide on how to get to the Wyvern PvP server. You'll spawn on the PvE server at Stronghold just a little bit northeast of the center of the map. You want to dump absolutely everything in your inventory and equipment except for your tent and your compass. This will let you run/swim for a long period of time without having to stop and regain stamina, which is really useful when you're being chased by trolls in the woods. Stand still until you can get a compass reading and head east to the coast along this route:

You should stop to regain your stamina if you fall under 50%, unless you're being chased by something. If you get caught by a mob and you're about to die, drop your tent and you can respawn there 30-60 minutes later after the mobs have moved on.

Once you reach Eyrie of Libila you want to dump your tent and compass and get ready for a naked swim across the server border. Head straight east across the ocean and autowalk with the 'x' key until you have about ~5-10% stamina. Then you log out for at least 20 minutes to regain your stamina and continue the trip east across the server boundary. You can see the boundary pretty well if you look under the ocean for the big drop-off in the continental shelf. Make sure your friends list has been cleared of entries before you cross over. Once you go over the border you can suicide to the Freedom Isles spawn point, or just request a village and kingdom invite directly from Jacada, or me (Gmjohnnyrascal) by sending a private message with the chat command /t <playername> <message>

• Locked thread