Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LobsterMobster posted:

Can you list your injuries going into the bout during the post-fight speech? :ortiz:

Each one gives you a slight charisma buff but if you overuse it there's a chance a wild forest gryphon will attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Each one gives you a slight charisma buff but if you overuse it there's a chance a wild forest gryphon will attack.

You get a gold star for that one.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
They said that fighters are going to get signature animations so I hope that means Bendo is constantly adjusting his hair and toothpick and you can't defend against punches as Kikuno.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

attackmole posted:

I'm trying to sell my friends on Joanna by telling them that she's a plastic surgeon in reverse. I've only seen her last two fights though, how were her two decision wins? I'm just hoping for more blood and destruction.

As others said, she easily smacked around Juliana Lima (it wasn't utter destruction though), and her fight with Gadelha was razor thin. If you want another fight to reference, in her final pre-UFC fight in Cage Warriors she hosed up Rosi Sexton hard.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Just make a UFC game that's fun and arcade like.

You're not going to be able to simulate this on a controller and have it be fun. Its not even that realistic when you're doing Mario party gimmick stuff to finish a sub

/vidyagame chat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Goonweight GP is back so get your Holly Holm picks in.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750716

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Can't wait for Uriah Hall's insights into the Paris attacks in his post-fight speech tomorrow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can't wait for Uriah Hall's insights into the Paris attacks in his post-fight speech tomorrow.

It has been a long time since I have been this invested in a fighter winning.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
why did rousey practically attack holm at the weigh ins? I just watched it and there is no audio but sheesh she really came off as a jackass since holm did nothing and orusey just ran at her with her fists in her face and started yelling at her

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Meowbot posted:

why did rousey practically attack holm at the weigh ins? I just watched it and there is no audio but sheesh she really came off as a jackass since holm did nothing and orusey just ran at her with her fists in her face and started yelling at her

There is a GDT

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
There are some rumors that someone on one of the December cards is injured. JDS/Overeem might be off or Cowboy/RDA might be off. Or they might both be off. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for Reem/JDS. It's been cancelled and postponed so many times that I think it's probably never going to happen, or only happen after they're both on the cusp of retirement like Wand and Liddell.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JuanGoat posted:

There are some rumors that someone on one of the December cards is injured. JDS/Overeem might be off or Cowboy/RDA might be off. Or they might both be off. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for Reem/JDS. It's been cancelled and postponed so many times that I think it's probably never going to happen, or only happen after they're both on the cusp of retirement like Wand and Liddell.

And Chael Sonnen said that Aldo "Won't make the walk."

:tinfoil:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The rumor is RDA is hurt, and that Thiago Alves is also hurt for his fight later this month. If both are true there's no reason not to do Benson vs Cerrone IV in Korea and then Benson vs Cerrone V live on FOX.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Bubba Smith posted:

The rumor is RDA is hurt, and that Thiago Alves is also hurt for his fight later this month. If both are true there's no reason not to do Benson vs Cerrone IV in Korea and then Benson vs Cerrone V live on FOX.

I approve of this. Benson v. Cerrone 1 was one of my favorite fights. 2 was a disappointment, 3 was a train wreck. 4th time is a charm, right? Right?...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Meowbot posted:

Holly touched her face with her fist, maybe pushed a little and Ronda didn't take kindly to it. poo poo these folks are basically starved and sometimes tempers flare for weird poo poo.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Le Saboteur posted:

Holly touched her face with her fist, maybe pushed a little and Ronda didn't take kindly to it. poo poo these folks are basically starved and sometimes tempers flare for weird poo poo.

Plus remember the last time a fighter legit annoyed Ronda before a fight. Because I don't think Bethe remembers herself.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Le Saboteur posted:

he's talking about before the fist push

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

he's talking about before the fist push

Doesn't she always approach her opponents fast and intense like that at the weigh ins. Holly Holm just looked really unprepared for the whole thing.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Le Saboteur posted:

Doesn't she always approach her opponents fast and intense like that at the weigh ins. Holly Holm just looked really unprepared for the whole thing.

yeah i think so

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CommonShore posted:

And Chael Sonnen said that Aldo "Won't make the walk."

:tinfoil:

Chael's never let the truth get in the way of what he feels like saying.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I assume this is from a scrum or something since Dana is in Australia for the fight tomorrow

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Hey now Miesha can be a champ too

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I assume this is from a scrum or something since Dana is in Australia for the fight tomorrow

I'm all for more women's divisions, but are there enough decent fighters for 115, 125, and 135? It's pretty common to go 2 or 3 events consecutively with no women's fight so this seems odd to me.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Hey now Miesha can be a champ too

That's exactly what I was thinking. UFC might have pulled Miesha from her 3rd fight with Ronda since they've been planning on doing a W125 division in the near future. There's no reason for Miesha to ruin her 4 fight win streak and give Ronda another highlight finish she doesn't need.

I think adding another women's division is a bad idea since 135 still sucks and 115 is merely okay, but if it serves as a "here's the division where women go who are tired of getting the poo poo kicked out of them by Joanna and Ronda, now the toughest competition should be Miesha Tate" it would be a good thing UFC is doing for these outmatched fighters.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Joanna gonna be the first multi division women's champ.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also if adding in a flyweight division adds in a way for Roxanne Modafferi to get one more UFC shot I'm all for it. Would love to see her and Andrea 'KGB' Lee in that division.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i am already struggling to give a single, solitary gently caress about any woman's fight that isn't #1 contender / championship fight. miesha tate as champion of anything makes me feel wrong. basically i'm not looking forward to w125 but it's a really good thing to talk about when you have two marketable women champions about to fight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate 3 is a very hard sell, even if Tate was probably Ronda's hardest fight. Making it a champion vs champion got makes that a lot easier.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

This would be good news for Meisha except...

Le Saboteur posted:

Joanna gonna be the first multi division women's champ.

Joanna would pulverize her.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
does this mean thug rose is fired? :ohdear:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bluedeanie posted:

Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate 3 is a very hard sell, even if Tate was probably Ronda's hardest fight. Making it a champion vs champion got makes that a lot easier.

Probably? I know we all hate Caraway but drat. Ronda literally smashed everyone else within a couple minutes. Miesha never had her in trouble but she fought a fairly competitive fight. She was about as competitive as Brown against Lawlor.

Ronda v Meisha 3 is the easiest fight to sell other than the eventual Cyborg fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

she ain't main-eventing a card because she's a great fighter that's for sure

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Also, Tim Kennedy is being a shitbag and claiming Syrian refugees are responsible for what happened in Paris, so I tweeted Dunc's "range, altitude" picture at him. Thank you, based Dunc

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Also, Tim Kennedy is being a shitbag and claiming Syrian refugees are responsible for what happened in Paris, so I tweeted Dunc's "range, altitude" picture at him. Thank you, based Dunc

can you post that here again please

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

can you post that here again please

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gracias. it's so loving believable that he'd unironically post the type of poo poo usually only said by fat losers pretending to be special forces.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

LobsterMobster posted:

lmao

LobsterMobster posted:

I don't think it was UFC, it was Reebok most likely, who has one of those special deals with Paige Van Zant. Rose doesn't have one of those deals.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

What a pile of poo poo.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can't wait for tate/nakai 2 for the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
tim kennedy's a bully who picks on vulnerable people like refugees, roger gracie, and 126 year old adolf hitler because last time he picked on somebody his own size he got severely embarrassed and blamed it all on a chair clint eastwood style

• Locked thread